• Published 28th Apr 2018
  • 5,826 Views, 135 Comments

And if I don't belong... - RejectOwl



Twilight feels defeated. Thanks to dreamwalking, Luna discovers the facade Twilight has built.

  • ...
23
 135
 5,826

Medicated

Twilight sighed and opened the pill bottle, so far they were giving her nothing but trouble, but her psychiatrist didn't think the symptoms were bad enough to stop after just two weeks.

"Stupid pills, stupid nausea, stupid stupid headaches." Twilight grumbled. "How the buck am I supposed to feel any better if these bastards keep causing migraines? For that matter, who the buck decided the only way to treat depression, is to give you a pill that can make you want to kill yourself?"


Applejack heard a bang and started. "Twi?" She called.

"Twilight!" Spike called.

The two exchanged quick worried looks and raced up the stairs to Twilight's room.


The purple mare was on the floor convulsing, blood was leaking out with saliva onto the floor.

"Twilight!" Applejack screamed. "Spike, send a letter to the doctor now, tell 'er Twilight's havin' a seizure!"

"It's okay Twilight, we'll help you, we'll make sure you're okay." The orange mare assured nudging Twilight so she would not damage herself more.

"Man, Twilight's really having a bad time." Spike said as he raced to get parchment and a quill.

"It musta been those pills!" Applejack yelled and glared at the orange bottle she could see on Twilight's bathroom sink.

"Those headaches was probably somethin' to do with this, and her doctor didn't listen!"

Spike came running back into the bathroom with a letter.

"She says she needs to go to the hospital as soon as possible." Spike informed her. "She also says that yes the pills may have something to do with it and she needs to stay there until she's stabilized because just stopping them can cause more harm."

"Applejack?" A soft voice whispered.

"Twi, it's okay, I'm here. Your pills caused a seizure, we gotta get you to the hospital."


Applejack paced the waiting room. Logically she'd seen seizures before in some of her farm animals, but she'd never been this effected before. 'Course you weren't, it wasn't yer best friend dumbdumb.

"Miss... Applejack?" The nurse called. "You can come visit her now."



"Is she alright?" Applejack asked as she entered the room.

"She's stable. A bit bruised, but her mind is fine. We'll keep her a couple days, while we work her off of her current medication. She'll have to go back to Dr. Star as soon as possible to get a different medication regime worked out. She can't stay on a medication that's going to cause seizures."

"Was this a known side effect?" A angry voice questioned, and the nurse leapt into the air.

"Pri-Princess Luna! No! I mean, yes! But it's very very rare! Doctor Star must have thought the risk was worth it." the nurse babbled.

"Let me get this straight. Doctor Star thought a medication that might kill Twilight was a logical first step?" Luna yelled.

"Well, it was only a seizure, it is not a death sent-"

"It may well have been!" Luna screamed. "Had she fallen down stairs or or-"

"Miss Luna! All medications have side effects! The medication Twilight Sparkle was on was known to be very helpful in combating depression, and only have a tiny percent of causing seizures, and of that tiny percent, they are normally ponies prone to seizures in the first place!"

"You will be putting her on something else, yes?" Luna asked.

"Yes."

"Good."

Twilight stared at the blue alicorn, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Twilight, did I frighten you?" Luna asked gently.

Twilight did not answer, instead she began sobbing.

"Twilight!" Luna exclaimed and gently took the purple mares hoof. When Twilight curled into her and embraced her Luna held her tightly.

"Why can't you be my mother instead?" Twilight mumbled, getting snot on Luna's coat.

"I could actually." Luna answered. "It would take a bit of paperwork, as you are already a legal adult, but it could be done."

"If you and Celestia had been getting along and were able to take me in ages ago none of this would have ha- whaaat?" Twilight finally registered what Luna had said.

Luna laughed lightly. "I said I could adopt you. There is much paperwork involved, but as you are an adult, we would not need the consent of those who call themselves your parents, nor would we have to fight them in court to take away their rights."

"You... you sound like you really would actually do it." Twilight stuttered her mouth hanging open.

"I would. If you'll have me as your mother, I will walk down to the courthouse right now and get the required documents for us to fill out and get started. You deserve a mother who will love and care for and protect you." Luna said fiercely. "If you'll consent, I could be that mother for you."

Twilight couldn't speak, she hugged the blue mare tighter and sobbed into her fur.

Suddenly her demeanor changed and Luna listened closely, the unicorn was... laughing?

"Are you alright Twilight or have you lost your mind?"

"I just thought, if you adopt me, then Celestia would be my aunt too! Just like Cadance!" Twilight smiled. "Wait.... how is Cadance related to you guys anyway?"

"We adopted her too. She's an honorary niece."

"Oh... that doesn't sound as interesting." Twilight commented still sniffling. "But what if my mom gets mad?"

Luna smirked. "Twilight, your parents have been banished. They'd never even find out."

"You... you banished them?" Twilight asked, feeling a strange pang of sadness and relief.

"Indeed. We banished them. Banished them and then threw them in a dungeon in the place that we banished them to." Luna laughed.

"Oh that's grea- wait how do you know about that?!" Twilight yelled.

"Fluttershy told us. It was quite humorous. But, they have simply been banished from Equestrian society, and I will not burden you with any more details, I do not wish you to have a moment of wanting them back and making a mistake." Luna answered.

Twilight suddenly yawned a very large yawn. It seemed her exciting and emotional days were finally taking their toll.

Luna smiled and began to hum an old lullaby Celestia used to sing to her. The words came back so easy even though it had been over a thousand years since she had last heard it.

Luna felt Twilight's breathing deepen as the young mare fell asleep cuddled into her side. She smiled as she watched the steady rise and fall of the mare's chest.

Indeed, it would probably upset 'Tia, but Luna knew Twilight deserved a loving family.

Author's Note:

This is the lullaby I was thinking of if you want to listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eSk0o8iHro