• Published 10th Apr 2018
  • 10,855 Views, 235 Comments

Beating Yourself Up Over It - Graglithan The Greater



Rainbow Dash beats herself up over Anon-A-Miss. Just a little more literally than normal.

  • ...
12
 235
 10,855

Pink Party Prank Platoon Punishment

Sunset was going to need that pardon from the principal more than ever now, seeing as it turned to the third period of the day and she was missing her History class. Despite her knowledge retained from her time as Celestia’s pupil, it didn’t help with learning the history of a world she’d only been in for three years. Her thoughts moved back to the problem at hand for a moment, a specific idea popped up.

Maybe I should ask Pinkie for help with my history grade. I honestly did not expect her to be the best in that class, but I can’t deny the grades we all got on our midterm report cards.

Looking for her companion on her search for Pinkie, Sunset cleared her throat to get Fluttershy’s attention. “So... you model?”

Blushing a bit, Fluttershy looked to the side. “O-Only in private. Rarity just needs some help with getting a dress right, and the mannequins she has been, um, flatter than she needs them to be.”

Sunset’s eyes darted between the two of them for a moment before sighing. “Yeah, I can understand that. I swear, you, me, and Rarity, are going to break our spines by the end of the year. Rainbow can moan and groan all she wants about being small, but there are days I wish I were her size. If not that, at least down to a more normal one like Pinkie or Applejack.”

“I did invite you to join us at the spa.” Fluttershy looked over with a small excited smile. “The chiropractor there is honestly one of the best in town.”

“I think I’m going to take you up on that.” The fiery-haired girl looked about the empty halls and chuckled. “You know, with this topic, it’s probably a good thing that everyone’s in class.”

Laughing as they looked around some corners, Fluttershy’s blush started to slip back onto her cheeks. “Yeah. I think I’d die of embarrassment if anyone were listening in right now.”

At the far end of the hall, a pink blur skid to a halt as it turned to start heading for them. Sunset and Fluttershy weren’t quite able to make it out, but once it got a bit closer, they could tell it was definitely Pinkie. Sunset’s heart started to fill with worry as the continued to charge towards them, with no sign of stopping. “Pinkie! What’s going-”

“FREAKING RUUUUUUUUUUN!”

Pinkie ran right past the two, leaving them both spinning in place from the sheer speed at which she fled. When Sunset and Fluttershy finally got ahold of themselves, they looked in confusion at the retreating form of Pinkie. “-on?”

Fluttershy looked back to where she had come from, paling at the sight of what was on the far end of the hall. “Um.... Sunset?”

The sounds of a flute and drum could be heard as Sunset turned to see what was chasing her friend. On the far end of the hall, walking at a sedate pace, was the Equestrian Pinkie, clad in a pink petticoat, bandoliers, those fancy pants that Sunset forgot the name of, and a tricorn hat. She had a look of determination as she marched steadily forward. An old fife was held to her lips, and a snare drum hung from around her waist. Pinkie was smoothly playing both with one of her hands each. Behind her, tied to the drum to pull it along, was a light blue cannon with pink wheels that had yellow flowers decorating the spokes, and had a simple rope sticking out of the fuse.

The sight was so surreal, that Sunset and Fluttershy both sat there, dumbstruck as Pinkie walked past them and followed her counterpart down the hall she had fled.

The moment both Pinkie’s were out of sight, Sunset shook her head and blinked herself back to a stable mental state. “Okay, I know the portal seems to be giving your counterparts different outfits and all, but I was not expecting that for Pinkie.”

“Sunset, shouldn’t we be following them?” Fluttershy pointed down the hallway, confusion as to what just happened clear as day.

“You’re right, we should get going before anything-”

“Ms. Shimmer, Ms. Shy.” Both girls froze and looked behind them, finding Vice Principal Luna behind them. “Care to explain why you and your friends have been skipping class all day?”

Sunset looked at Fluttershy for a moment before turning to the Vice Principal. “I would love to explain it myself right now, but a minor magical emergency currently has a copy of Pinkie chasing her down with a cannon, and I need to go make sure she doesn’t die.”

The three stood there for a moment before the Vice-Principal took a deep breath. Sunset recognized Celestia doing that when a Noble did something particularly stupid in court and needed to collect herself and not blast them out the window. Celestia was also less obvious about it when she did, so Luna doing so quite naturally started to make the orange skinned girl panic.

Sighing, Luna waved a hand and rubbed her forehead. “Sunset, since it is unlike you to skip without reason, just... go do what it is you need to do. Magical emergencies are out of my scope.” She turned to Fluttershy and frowned. “As for you Ms. Shy, the same applies, but please be back in class by next period.”

“Yes, Vice Principal Luna.” The two girls gave the Vice Principal a quick nod before bolting down the hallway, desperate to catch up with their pink friend.

“And no running in the hallway!”

“Yes, Ma’am!”

For the remainder of the period, they scoured the school for any sign of Pinkie. They checked the computer labs, kitchen, even the roof, but could not find hide nor hair of either instance of their pink friend.

Both of them met back up at Pinkie’s locker, frowns on each of their faces, but Fluttershy’s was slightly more profound. “You find her?”

Sunset shook her head with a sigh. “No, I can’t find her anywhere. Where the heck is that girl?”

Pinkie’s locker slowly creaked open, spooking both the girls, but revealing the party planner in question squeezed inside. “Shhhhhh! She’ll find me if you don’t quiet down!”

“Pinkie what are you doing in there!?” Sunset rushed over and started pulling the pink pretzeled girl out.

With a pop, Pinkie fell out of her locker and onto Sunset, landing in a heap on the floor. “Hiding, duh. Thanks for the soft landing by the way.”

Fluttershy helped her friends stand up, and fussed over the two of them. “Pinkie you shouldn’t hide in the lockers like that, you could be really hurt doing that.”

“Private Pinkamena.” The three froze as a shadowy figure in a tricorn hat stood at the far end of the hall. “Stop running and face the punishment you have incurred upon yourself.”

Pinkie screamed as she bolted, taking a turn down a corridor before being followed by a matching pink blur. Even as they ran, Sunset instantly knew Pinkie had made a fatal mistake. “Wait! Don’t go that way!”

They followed the two and found Pinkie cornered against the far side of a dead end hallway, cannon pointed directly at her. With one hand on the cord and a foot on her weapon of mass decoration, the Equestrian Pinkie looked at her counterpart and frowned. “Pinkamena Diane Pie, you are at this moment found guilty of stealing away the smile of a friend and breaking a Pinkie Promise! How do you plead?”

Her friend looked around nervously, trying to find a way out of her situation. When no exit could be seen, she collapsed to her knees and wailed. “I Confeheheheesssssss!”

Lowering her head so that the tricorn hat covered her eyes, the other Pinkie wrapped the rope around her hands. “Then as a Commander of the Pink Party Platoon, I sentence you,” her eyes lit up with fire as she looked back up at her other, “to DEATH BY PARTY CANNON!”

Sunset had enough time to blink and stare incredulously at the Equestrian Pinkie as horror started to flow into her. “Wha-?”

A boom echoed out of that small dead-end corridor. A boom loud enough to send Fluttershy and Sunset falling backward onto their backs. The cacophony was followed quite closely by a splat, and silence after that.

She couldn’t believe it. Pinkie’s counterpart actually killed her friend. That sickening splat couldn’t have been anything else but a party cannon ball crushing her. Against the far wall, she could see the outline of her friend beneath a dripping mass of pale brown paste. “Pinkie! Noooooooooooo!”

A tongue stuck out of the mass and licked away at the batter covering the party girl’s face before she smacked her lips and hummed in approval. “Wow, I never thought I could use mangos in cake batter!”

The shy butterscotch girl looked at the scene in absolute confusion.

Fluttershy and Sunset both sat there, wondering what was going on when both Pinkie’s started laughing and looking at each other. The Equestrian Pinkie was wiping a tear from her eye as she sat on her cannon. “What? You didn’t think I’d actually hurt me did you? I forgave the other me ages ago!”

“W-Wha? But... I thought.... Huh?” Sunset held onto her head and slumped against the lockers. “WHAT!?”

Clearing her throat, Pinkie started making long dramatic steps before leaning forward and booping Sunset on the nose. “Gotcha!”

Sunset continued to look at the situation before deadpan sighing. “This was a prank, wasn’t it.”

“Yep!” both Pinkies cheered with a laugh. The Equestrian looked at the clock for a moment before jumping a bit. “Oh! I gotta go! My break ends in five minutes!”

“Go bake those cupcakes with gusto! Viva la Party!” Pinkie shouted from the wall, freeing her hand enough to wave her other off.

When the party planner’s double was gone, Sunset stood up and started pulling her friend off the wall. “I’m not sure what is more terrifying. The fact that this should have surprised me, or the fact that it didn’t.”

Giggling, Pinkie stood proudly despite the cake batter dripping off of her. “Silly Sunset, the answer is yes!”

Fluttershy looked at the cake batter on the wall and Pinkie before looking at Sunset. “Um... I’m just going to go back to class now. Is that good for you?”

Sunset rubbed her temples at the feeling of an oncoming headache. “Go on Fluttershy. The problem is solved.”

When it was just the two of them, Sunset started leading Pinkie off in a different direction. The pink one’s locker specifically, to grab the spare clothes she had in there for her cooking classes. “Pinkie, please don’t prank anyone again by having the other you come over here in weird clothes.”

Pinkie raised a finger. “The outfit was historically accurate though.”

“THAT IS NOT THE POINT!”

“Then tell me Ms. Shimmer.” Sunset froze as the two of them turned around to see an amused looking Principal Celestia standing behind them. “What would be the point?”

Sunset could only nervously laugh as she scratched the back of her head. “Oh boy... where do I start?”

Author's Note:

Had to skip a day to get this one written right.