• Published 15th Apr 2018
  • 3,561 Views, 138 Comments

Kamen Rider Alchemy - Layton13



Stray magic is running rampant through Canterlot City and people affected by it turn into dangerous monsters. But through the use of an ancient family heirloom a new hero tries to save the city.

  • ...
5
 138
 3,561

PreviousChapters Next
Of Wizards, Travelers and Alchemists - A Pinch is a Chance

“Aww, mou… I’m starving here!“ Nitho moaned, his legs dangling from the rock he had decided to sit on. The scent of grilled fish seeking its way into his nostrils, as delicious as they smelled they were not exactly what he was hungering for.

With an exhausted sigh, he let his body sink onto the stone, staring aimlessly into the sky. The morning sky was slowly passing over him with every second only interrupted by the loud rumbling in his stomach. With an exhausted sigh, he pulled himself off the rock and into a sitting position. In front of him was the old tent he had borrowed from Thunder, even if he had been somewhat weirded out by the fact that he had refused to stay at his house or any other for the matter. It just didn’t feel right, neither did sleeping in this tent, it just wasn’t his own, but still better than a rove over his head.

The park he had set up his little sleeping spot had at first made quite a ruckus about his arrival, but this nice blue lady, Ocean, had come in and sorted everything out in the end, even if she didn’t seem too pleased with what he had done, even offering one of his grilled fish. She had just stared at him in complete bewilderment before walking off, mumbling something about crazy riders and so on.

The rest of the week no one had really bothered him, well besides a few slightly bewildered visitors and joggers, but that was nothing that was a problem really. He offered them some of his grilled fish and a bit of mayonnaise, but to his surprise, no one wanted to join him, they just looked at him in either horror or like he was crazy and then walked away, sometimes even ran. Oh well, left more for him really and he would not complain about that in the slightest.

Still, he had to finish up the breakfast first before he could satisfy at least his own hunger. Chimera, on the other hand, had to go on for a while longer without a meal. It had been far too long till he last ate anything and the few Ghoules the Phantom had eaten wouldn’t satisfy it for too long, and it seemed like his time was quickly running out, especially with the fight against the Phantoms going on for so long and him using a good chunk of his mana. But oh well, that was life. He would have just to get his hands on the next one, and everything would work out just fine. A pinch was a chance after all, and he intended to turn it into one that mattered.

A few minutes later he could already smell the delicious fish that was roasting on the small grill he had also borrowed from the restaurant owner. He really had to thank him for his hospitality eventually, maybe he would give him one of his bottles of mayonnaise? Yeah, he would love it, that was for sure. Seriously, who wouldn’t? With that, he took one last look at his little meal before grabbing the closest of the sticks and picking it up and inhaled the delicious aroma. Out of his pocket, he pulled one of the bottles with his favorite white sauce, spun it in his hand and was about to put a bit of it on the fish when all of a sudden… bonk!

To his horror, the small knock on the head was enough to knock the piece of fish out of his hand, and he could only watch as it fell to the ground. “Aww, mou… No, no, no! My precious little fish. You shouldn’t be on dry land, you will get dirty. Let me pick you- Ouch!” Once again he felt the pain in the same spot, the fish falling out of his hand just like the last time. “Ey, who is that!” He shouted, ignoring the fact that people could hear him and turned around, right into something gold and green that smacked right against his forehead.

With a pained scream, he fell backward and right on top of his fish. It took a few moments for him to recover from the shock and start to rub his forehead. This has hurt like hell, who would do something like that. His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar screech, one that seemed to answer his questions in one fell swoop. “Griffon! What was that for? I sent you out yesterday, you shouldn’t be drained already. What do you want?” At this moment realization hit, the fish! “No, no, no! My breakfast!” He jumped up, ignoring the visibly annoyed familiar promptly and spun around only to star defeated at the remains of his fish. “No… Why?”

Before he could dwell any longer on the lost food the PlaMonster once again screeched into his ear and started to pull on his ear, the Rider screaming in agony as he was dragged along by the little griffon, further and further away from his breakfast. “Oww, oww, oww! Griffon, what has gotten into you?” He shouted, freeing himself from the grip of his familiar, rubbing the ear with a sour expression.

The little green and gold devil however ignored everything he had just said and pointed his head in another direction, Nitoh just looking at him like he had lost his mind. “Do you want to tell me something?” With an accompanying screech the PlaMonster nodded, the shriek sounding suspiciously annoyed.

“Did you find something to eat? Like a tasty, mana filled Phantom?” He shouted out in excitement. Once again the griffon nodded eagerly. “Yes! I knew this would be a good day. Let’s go!” Without any further word, the mage dashed off in a random direction leaving the confused familiar behind only to return after a few seconds, Griffon giving him an annoyed look. “So, where was that Phantom?”

Griffon just shook his head and flew off in the opposite direction Nitoh had just run off to, the mage close behind his little companion. It did only take them about two minutes until the familiar stopped. They hadn’t gotten far, just outside the park and onto a rather busy street. “So, where is my breakfast, Griffon?” Nitoh asked, his hands on his hips as he looked around the area, sadly there was no sign of anything unusual going on, much to his annoyance. The little beast shrieked once again and nodded with his head towards a back-alley that was filled with trashcans and other rather useless stuff like cartons and boxes.

Letting out another breath of air the mage stepped into the alley, the noise of the city quickly moving in the background as he stepped further and further along, his eyes furrowed searching every knock and cranny. With his back hunched over, he must have looked rather ridiculous for anyone that moved past them, but that wasn’t really something that concerned Nitoh all that much, he was hungry and was more than determined to satisfy his little Phantom inside. Then he heard it, something was definitely behind the big trashcan. He just had to sneak a bit closer and-

And with that, he caused a massive ruckus as he stumbled over the lid of a small trash can, losing his footing he fell almost face first against the can and that in turn made one hell of a noise. At the same time, a loud scream could be heard as a woman fell to the ground from behind the big trash can, just like he had. She had long emerald hair and golden skin. She wore a rather warm locking brown jacket and stared at him in shock. “Ouch! What was that you dingus?” She barked at Nitoh, who had been covered in a good amount of trash from the can.

“Ow, sorry, I just fell over this trashcan, hope nothing happened to you,” Nitoh spat out, jumping to his feet and rushing over to the woman to help her up. “So, back on your feet. What were you doing behind that trashcan anyway?” He continued with an innocent smile on his lips.

The woman looked at him suspiciously before returning: “That is none of your business, and I would appreciate it if you would leave now.” The woman seemed quite grumpy.

“Oh, can’t do that yet. How about a little something to make up for it? Oh, I know,” he burst out and pulled another bottle of mayonnaise, this one with the label ‘Sorry’ on it. “Here!” He pretty much shoved the bottle into her face, much to the visual annoyance of the woman.

“Get that stuff out of my face you creep!” She shouted back and slapped the bottle out of his hand, the white sauce landing right next to the big dumpster.

Nitoh reacted like one would expect, looking dumbfounded back at the woman before jumping to the ground and fishing for the bottle. If she didn’t want it, there was more for him after all. However, the moment he let his hand reach out for the precious bottle his eyes spotted something different, a purple gem and around it cracks in the ground that were quickly expanding.

“Uhm, lady, I never got your name,” Nitoh asked.

“What do you care? Ok, fine, Griffon. Happy now?” Griffon barked back and was on her way out of the alley as Nitoh grabbed her shoulder, letting the woman jump back and quickly kick back right at the mage who effortlessly caught her foot.

“You wouldn’t happen to be one of Mesmer's little lackeys?” He asked with a smug grin on his face. “That would be great since I have yet to eat breakfast!”

“Tsk, seems like you aren’t as dumb as I thought. Shame and I thought I could finish this quickly and without much trouble, but look and behold, the Primordial Mage shows up. But don’t even think for a moment that I will become your breakfast,” she hissed back before pulling out a small little claw encased in gold and emeralds that quickly started to glow. Nitoh meanwhile let one of his ring hover over his belt buckle so his Driver would appear.

<Driver On!>

Striking his usual pose, he slammed the ring into the slot on the site of the Driver and let out a loud:

“Henshin!”

<Set! Open!>

<L! I! O! N! LION!>

Within seconds the magical circle washed over him, clad him in his golden and black armor.

Meanwhile, the Phantom had revealed its true form. Clad in golden armor with feathers carved into it she stood before him. Her fets were clad in golden armor with talons, her arms as well and even her wings were covered in the gold. The body beneath was emerald green. Her helmet resembled that of an eagle with a large green crest on top of it that kinda looked like a mohawk.

Thrusting his rapier in the direction, he shouted out: “It’s breakfast time!” With that, he dashed towards the Phantom who pulled out two golden gladiuses and blocked the attack of the mage quite easy.

With the Rider repealed Griffon quickly switched to offensive, dashing forward at the Rider, her swords starting to glow a sickly green. The first swing came down right onto the trash can Beast had just fallen into a minute before and cleanly cut it in half, smoke rising from what was still left. The second strick hit its target, however, forcing the Rider backward, even if he had managed to block the strike.

With Beats pressed against the wall and the Phantom still having one weapon free to attack things were looking a bit bleak, but it was nothing a little magic couldn’t fix, a pinch was a chance after all. Within seconds he switched his ring against a new one, just as the monster was about to stab him with her other sword.

<Buffa! Go! Bu-Bu-Bububu-Buffa!>

The magic circle passed over him right before the blade could connect with his stomach and the Rider had just enough time to push his weapon back and block the blade within the last possible moment. Using this newfound momentum he brought the rapier back up, slashing across the chest of the monster, who let out a pained roar. The red mantle on his shoulder waved in the wind as he dashed forward, piercing the Phantom in the shoulder.

That however quickly turned on him as the monster directly powered through the pain and let the two glowing blades come down on Beast, knocking him back against the wall, or more precisely through it and right into a kitchen. With terrified cocks running for their life the Rider had nearly no time to react to the next attack of his opponent, just barely being able to dodge the next sword swing that carved the offense behind him in half.

Crawling along the ground the Rider desperately tried to gain ground to come back up, but the Phantom was hot on his heels, managing to nearly hit him several times, only stopped by plates, cupboards, and other small little kitchenware. With one last dodge right under another cupboard, he managed to avoid her blows for long enough to come back out on the other side and onto his feet once again. The cupboard he had just been hiding under was quickly dismantled, and the Phantom dashed forward clashing sword with the mage once again.

You are really making this hard for me, I just want to eat you, Beast said through gritted teeth as he tried not to be pushed back by the monster.

And I’m just trying to place the pillar, but you needed to make it difficult, she growled back, trying to kick the mage with her taloned feet. That, however, did not lead to wanted results as the Rider just jumped over her, and slashed Griffon across her back, she staggering forward.

This was the perfect opportunity for Beast who pushed forward, slashing across the same place once again, and again, and another time, each one accompanied by a loud screech. To finish this attack of he charged at the monster, letting the two horns of his mantle pierce through her armor with ease, the Phantom crashing into the large refrigerator on the wall.

Griffon had disappeared under the debris and food that had been spilled over the ground by Nitoh’s attack, the Rider slowly walking closer to the pile of food on the ground and poking it with his weapon. The moment his blade touched the first piece of meat a claw shoot out of the pile, gripping tightly onto the weapon. Quickly later Beast could feel how he was lifted off the ground and flung backward, the pain soon following all over his body.

Beast landed on the street outside, much to the shock of the civilians that were just walking by, immediately storming off. The Rider tried to sort his thoughts and figure out what had just happened as he noticed something that was heading straight for him, his sword. He could only stare as the blade shot at him, straight for his head. There was no time to dodge, oh this would most definitely hurt. Even if it was fruitless, he tried to jump out of the way, still awaiting the piercing pain that was undoubtedly coming every second now.

But it never came, Beast actually managed to get out of the way, much to his own amazement. As he looked back, he saw why. A Rider clad in electric blue armor stood before him, his helmet resembling that of a bird. Nitoh immediately jumped back up as the Rider said:You need to be more care- And that was about as far at the Rider came before Nitoh interrupted him.

Stop, don’t say it! You are a new Rider and want me to teach you, right?Beast burst out, shaking the hand of the new Rider furiously, right until his savior ripped it from his hand in annoyance.

No! I’m Kamen Rider Monster, you know me! I’m just here to finish off this monster, something you clearly can’t do, he growled back at him before turning around and pointing his rapier at the monster who was right now stepping through the hole she had Beast just punched through.

Great, two of them, she just sighed before enlightening her weapons in the sickly green glow once again. Then she rushed forward, right at Monster who quickly blocked the attack with his own rapier before trying to slash the Phantom in return. With his super speed that was actually quite easy, the problem was just that his weapon didn’t seem to penetrate the armor of the monster.

Meanwhile, Beast had rushed over to his own weapon and pulled it out of the concrete the Phantom had launched it in. With his weapon retrieved he quickly ran towards the Phantom once again, ready to thrust the rapier right into the small area around her neck that was not covered by the armor. Well, he would have done that if a certain other Rider wouldn’t have dashed right into his way and took the blade right into the back. With a pained scream, he spun around and struck his sword at Beats, who also was pierced in the shoulder.

What was that you idiot?! Monster growled at him, taking a few steps in his directions, the red eyes of the Rider glaring at him.

Ey, you jumped in my way! I was here sooner anyway, and I’m hungry on top of all this. You should leave this to me anyway! Nitoh just shouted back before screaming as well: Look out!

Monster could turn around just in time to see the emerald blade of Griffon come down on him and slash across his chest, letting sparks fly everywhere. Beast had already dashed to his side, weapon ready to intercept the second blow, but instead of that, he himself received the second slash as the Phantom cut through his own armor.

With both Riders staggering back she used this golden opportunity and once again brought her blades down on them, each Rider being thrown back to the other side of the street and collapsing to the ground. In the background, the purple light once again arose and disappeared again. Griffon, however, made no sign of stopping and walked towards the beaten and battered Riders, her swords once again being filled with the energy.

That was until she heard the sounds of at least two engines coming her way. With a silent curse, she let her weapons disappear and spread her wings only to shoot up into the sky in the next moment. Just moments later Alchemy and Wizard showed up, taking in the battlefield and the collateral.

“I have the feeling there is a long story behind all of this,” Phoenix just sighed as he looked at the two Riders that were glaring at each other. “One I’m sure I will learn every small little detail about.”

>-------<AxWxD>-------<

And like he had expected Phoenix soon learned every single detail about the entire thing, with the addition of cometary of either Pinecone or Nitoh of how much the other screwed things over for him. It was grading. Not only had the Phantom escaped, no, now they had to deal with this insanity as well. Both Riders were just refusing to see reason and shifted blame to the other party. This also took a good amount of time out of their day, well Ocean’s, Phoenix’s and Haruto’s day, Tsukasa just said something on the lines of “Not my problem,” and quickly left them to their own devices. Well, at least the city wasn’t entirely on its own during the whole process.

Still, it was already early evening when the two Riders were finally let go, much to the delight of the rest. Hunting for a Phantom was sounding more and more like relaxation about now. Pinecone quickly darted out of the MRG headquarters as soon as he could, while Nitoh just stumbled out onto the street, the roaring of his stomach having only grown over the hours. He had to find something to eat, and that quickly, but his best chance at a perfect meal had been spoiled by that Monster. With a resigned sigh, he just started to walk in no direction, in particular, aimlessly wandering around the city.

It must have been two hours already since he had left the building and he hated to admit it, he was utterly lost. He wasn’t familiar with this city in the first place, but he never even was in this part of the city, all the monsters had attacked somewhere else. He was about to take a little break on a nearby bench when a familiar sound came to his ears. And before he could even attempt to turn around, he already felt the pain in his back.

“Ey, Griffon! I heard you the first time,” the mage turned around rubbing the back of his head. The small little familiar just cheaped once again in annoyance and flew off in a direction. “Hey! Wait for me!” Nitoh right behind him. The little Griffon flew through the streets like a madman, Nitoh only barely able to keep up with it, finally flying on top of a roof of a warehouse.

“Oh, you have got to be kidding me!” Hissed a familiar voice, one only too familiar to him.

“Lucky!” Nitoh chuckled activating his Driver, all while grinning at the Phantom in front of him.

<Driver On!>

“You know, this is perfect, I’m starving, and I have you all to myself. So, let’s get to dining, it’s lunchtime after all!” With that, he slammed the ring into the Driver and let the silver door flip open.

“Henshin!”

<Set! Open!>

<L! I! O! N! LION!>

The moment the transformation had finished the mage dashed forward, his rapier in hand and tried to pierce the Phantom, only to be stopped by the armor of the monster that had formed with its beats form. When he stood there, he took in his surroundings for the first time. The roof was huge and covered with windows that shined down into the hall below, and in the middle of it, all was the purple gem. While his stomach roared up again, he sighed and before the Phantom even know what was happening kicked her in the stomach, knocking her to the ground and making a mad dash towards the gem. Hunger be damned, right now he knew he had to take care of this first.

Sadly his dash was cut short by the monster coming back up sooner than he had anticipated and grabbed his feet, something that knocked the Rider down as well, rolling past the gem. The damn smug laugh made everything just all the worse, Griffon just like Beast crawling back up on her feet, giving him a glare that said more than a thousand words. He had to go through her before he could break that that damn gem. If that was how it was going to go, then fine with him, he could play to that tune.

“So, you aren’t going to play nice and let me eat you up?” Nitho asked, letting his hand slap on his stomach a few times, much to the aggravation of his opponent.

You think I would let you do that? Oh, you are even dumber than I thought! And that says something primordial mage. I will be the one who will feast upon your bones little Rider, Griffon growled before dashing at him, Beast only barely able to block the strike from her blades as she soared over him and right up into the sky.

With the enemy now far out of reach, the mage took one look at a ring on his belt and smirked. “You know, I’m up for a little gamble,” and within seconds he slammed the form ring into the Driver.

<Falco! Go! Fa-Fa-Fa-Falco!>

The orange magic circle moved over his body and clad his right shoulder in the orange Falco Mantel, one that the mage would not waste in any way shape or form and immediately started to fly up into the sky, his rapier pointed at the fearsome opponent. Griffon in return just huffed in annoyance, well until Beast quickly caught up to him, apparently about to strike at him with his weapon. Cue, a shocked expression on the Phantoms, face as the Rider simply raced around her and instead wedged the blade between her neck and the armor.

With a loud shriek, the monster fell towards the ground, landing roughly on the roof of the warehouse before coming to a stop. This was it! This was perfect to finish off this little snack. He started to spin the dice on his rapier and plugged in the Falco Ring and awaited eagerly the number that would spell the doom for his opponent. A two! A two…

<Two!>

<Falco! Saber Strike!>

Aww, mou! That was not supposed to go like this! He screamed out as he saw the two small etherial falcons head straight for the Phantom and crash into it, to pathetic results, only barely able to push her a bit further.

Oh, and that was all? I’m really disappointed little mage, and I heard so much about the primordial mages from my master, but it seems you are a failure, Griffon chuckled as she pulled herself back up again. Beast hissing under his breath and rushing towards his opponent, ready to strike once again as a third voice interrupted them.

“Well, you can call yourself lucky, you have another opponent right here!” The voice was more a growl than anything else, and within mere moments the Phantom was grabbed from behind and rushed towards one of the windows, crashing into Nitoh on her way, taking the Rider with her as she feels down into the hall below.

With a loud groan, both combatants landed on the concrete floor below, joined by the low grunt of the third voice. Before Nitoh could free himself from the weight of the Phantom, he could already hear her anguished screams. Seconds later he witnessed how she pretty much jumped up from the ground was desperately trashing around the room, something green firmly stuck on her back, that was until she finally managed to free herself from the uninvited guest, Monster.

Ey! This is my prey! He shouted over to the new Rider, who just seemed to ignore him. Hey, are you listening?

“Oh, I’m listening, I just don’t care!” He growled back, dashing forward, his claws ready to once again dig into the armor and skin of Griffon. The first strike went quite well, sparks flying off the helmet as his razor sharp claws scratched across the surface of the metal, but what followed was not so successful. The swipe was swiftly blocked by Griffon’s gladius before the other came down on him, scratching across his own suit and throwing him back.

But this was not it for the Phantom, she had finally found her footing again and dashed forward, her blades illuminated in the sickly green glow, chipping away at Monster who could only manage to block the odd strike, but otherwise was entirely at her mercy.

As Monster was bracing himself for the next attack, he suddenly heard the sound of metal against metal. The moment his eyes opened again he could see Beast blocking the strike that was meant for him, and the next one as well, all while he stumbled into relative safety. He couldn’t other than to star at him and ask dumbfounded: “Why?”

Because why not! He heard back between the clashing of swords as the two combatants clashed once again. This confusion, however, didn’t last all that long, as confusing as beast’s actions were he wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth and opened his Driver once again and inserted a purple Medal into it.

\ AWAKEN: CHANGELING! /

Now clad in his purple suit, he wasted no time and started to assist the other Rider. He might be an annoying idiot but right now the bigger problem was the Phantom, and he wouldn’t let that fool Phoenix look down on him again for failing to beat it because of petty squabbles. With a roar he punched right into the stomach of the monster, the metal bending under his blow as the beast was thrown backward and right into a row of boxes. As the debris flew around them, Beast managed to return: Thanks!

Don’t sweet it let's just beat this monster once and for all. I’m getting tired of her at this point, he huffed back, his claws ready for the next attack.

Good. Hey, can you hold her for a moment, I have an idea, and I have the feeling this time this pinch is gonna become a great chance. One that is gonna stuff my stomach, Nitoh Smirked back, pulling out a gold and blue gun, before smalling a new ring into his Driver.

<Hyper! Go! Hy-Hy-Hy-Hyper!>

A massive etherial chimera emerged from the Driver, circled around him and back at the Rider. As the light faded, a new Beast stood there, one in a gold and blue suit with a large lion head on his chest.

Huh, if you say so,Monster returned before changing Medals once again and activating the Driver.

\ AWAKEN: CHIMERA! /

Now both in their strongest forms, the two Riders were ready to turn this half backed plan into reality. Ready to play his part in this gamble Monster flew forward, escaping the swings of the enraged Griffon in the last second and grabbing ahold of her, trapping her in a seemingly inescapable old. This was precise that what Beast had needed, swinging his arms around the tassels on his suit extended and acted like a while, dancing across the armor and skin of Griffon who just screamed in agony.

As the Phantom sunk to her knees, Nitoh knew it was time. It’s time for the main dish! With that, he pulled open a small mouth on his lion ring and put it into a small hole in the gun.

<Hyper! Magnum Strike!>

The chimera once again danced around him before dashing into the gun, as that happened it shoot out of the barrel hurdling at the Phantom who could only scream in terror as she was consumed by the ethereal beast until her screams were silenced for all eternity. The only thing left of her was her magic, and that was quickly swallowed by Beast. The Rider in return slapped his hands together and shouted out: Thanks for the meal!

Just as he did the purple light once again shined up from on top of them before vanishing again. While they had one this fight, they had lost once again as well.

>-------<AxWxD>-------<

Meanwhile in a nearby part of town Alchemy was heading straight for their location. When his bike roared around the next turn, he suddenly hit the breaks. In front of him stood a figure he was not sure if he was happy to see or not, Heinrich, and right next to him a man in a black leather coat. “Oh, so you actually crawled out of your hole again? Seems like your little Phantoms are dying left right and center. Already out of them? Or want to give up?” Phoenix returned, trying to maintain a confident tone.

“Oh, that is beside the point. They fulfilled their purpose and that is all that is to that. And no, I’m not here to surrender, I’m here for the treasure of this world, your Philosopher Stone!” The Nobel returned with a calm voice.

PreviousChapters Next