• Published 15th Apr 2018
  • 3,561 Views, 138 Comments

Kamen Rider Alchemy - Layton13



Stray magic is running rampant through Canterlot City and people affected by it turn into dangerous monsters. But through the use of an ancient family heirloom a new hero tries to save the city.

  • ...
5
 138
 3,561

PreviousChapters Next
Family Business - Booster On!

After a long and drawn out evening trying to calm Thunder down that involved sobbing, screaming, a lot of curses and hugging he had worn himself out enough that he had fallen asleep. After they had managed to carry him into his bed without waking him up again Summer and Ocean had left him in Phoenix’s care, not without assuring him they would meet up again tomorrow to discuss what they would do regarding the new Corrupted and the ‘Magnum Opus’.

The night went by pretty uneventful and to Phoenix absolute delights without his brother waking up and starting to cry again. It was already noon when Phoenix woke up; quite surprised that Thunder hadn’t woken him up, especially because Ocean and Summer would soon arrive. Then he remembered, the Corrupted, the completely destroyed restaurant and how Thunder had taken it. After dressing he looked into his brother's bedroom. Everything was dark, windows completely shut so no light could enter and on the bed lay a curled up Thunder hiding under his bedsheets.

Phoenix carefully stepped into the room, leaving the door open so the light from outside could come in. “Hey Thunder, how are you doing?” No reaction. “Thunder?” Still nothing but silence. “Hey, we’ll get him and then you can let all of this behind. Ocean and Summ…”

In an instance, Thunder shot up and shattered the silence that had filled the room until now. “No, it won’t! You can’t just punch the problem in the face this time! The restaurant won’t magically fix itself! I… I don’t know if I can manage to keep it running if I lose so much time and money during the repairs. Don’t you get this? I… I might lose this and then what? You can’t say it’ll fix itself, it won’t and I don’t know how to fix it, or if I can fix it at all! So just leave me alone!”

Phoenix just stood there, stunned at the outburst of his brother. He tried to respond sever times, only for the words to simply not come. His usual brand of coming up with his words on the go didn’t seem to work, leaving him standing there, stammering like an idiot.

“Thought so. Just leave me alone, like I just said.” With that, he crawled back under the blanket, turning away from Phoenix and stayed silent.

Phoenix still just stood there, staring at the blanket that hides his brother. How could someone he knew so well, who had endured and surpassed him at nearly every opportunity just give up? It didn’t fit, that just couldn’t be true. He had never stopped, even when the challenge seemed impossible. Seeing this way was just wrong. “Ok, if you want that.” Thunder again didn’t answer. “But, just so you know, Summer and Ocean will be here any minute now.” Still nothing. “We’ll discuss how we can get this bastard, so if you want to join us, just come out and join us.” As expected, no answer came from Thunder. “Ok, I hope you get better.” After he had finished his last sentence he carefully closed the door behind him.

It didn’t take long until Ocean arrived and since then, the front door and associate windows had been destroyed in the fight yesterday she just walked in and up the stairs where she was greeted by an uncharacteristically somber Phoenix. “Hey Phoenix, how is it going? Huh, where is Thunder? I would have expected him to be here.”

His head lowered and he replied soberly: “In his bed. He didn’t want to be here. He is still crushed from yesterday and I think it only got worse. He is worried about how he can keep the restaurant afloat while the repairs are taking place. And I don’t know what to say so he feels better. I’m not the right person to cheer him up, that was always his thing. Whenever I feel bad he helped me out of it and now I can’t help him. I... I just feel so utterly powerless.” He slammed his fist on the couch he was currently sitting.

Ocean stood there for a few seconds; she hadn’t expected something like this right the moment she entered. “Well, I’m sure he’ll get through it. Just give him time and everything will work itself out. Right now the best thing you can do for him is to catch Thirteen so he can’t cause any more harm then he already has. Focus on that for now and the rest will come when the time is right. My mother always said you should solve one problem at a time.” Sitting down next to him, she tried to let him focus on something else.

Looking over to her, she simply smiled something that made him feel somewhat more at ease. “You’re right. The best thing to do is to beat him so nothing more happens. So, how are we going to find the guy?”

“Well, it was a long and taxing night, but I managed to get a lead. His name is Biff and oh boy does he have a criminal record; extortion, dealing, robberies, and kidnapping, basically nearly everything under the sun that could land you in prison. And every time someone got close to catching him, he just jumped city's, rarely visiting a city twice. And here it gets interesting; there is one city he visits quite frequently. Guess which one,” she asked him with a smug smile on her lips.

“Canterlot City?” He hesitantly replied.

“Bingo. Canterlot City is apparently something like home to him. After a few other cities, he always comes back here and then basically disappears off the radar. No one can find him.”

“Well, that is just great. And how are we supposed to find and stop him then?” After her first answer, he had been ecstatic, but after she continued his excitement had died down in an instance and he visibly deflated.

“I was getting to that. This is just speculation, but it’s believed that Biff is part of a criminal organization that operates out of Canterlot named ‘Tartarus’. It’s a group of criminals that basically work as contractors. You task them with a crime and they will carry it out. For example, robbing a bank or assassinating someone you want to see dead,” she continued calmly.

“Aha, while fascinating, how exactly does that help us find him? If anything, this makes it only harder to find him.”

“Like I said, I was getting to that,” she sighed and continued: ”It is generally not much know about ‘Tartarus’, well except for one detail. They have a rather strict code of honor that all their agents have to follow, never do something criminal if a customer didn’t order it. Anything that furthers the ultimate goal is ok, as long as it wasn’t requested how the job had to be done. And I think no one would hire a costly criminal for something so trivial as extorting a restaurant. This has to be something he did on his own, I just know it,” she enthusiastically slammed her fist on the table and grind confidently at Phoenix.

“Ok, that is something, but how do we get this information to his superiors? If they are so untouchable as you claim this isn’t really an option. How do you get in contact with them, not even speaking about how dangerous this might be;” he nervously shifted around on the couch.

“Oh, don’t worry, that is something I’ll do on my own. I’m not dragging you into that one, at least not without your armor. And I know how to contact them, don’t worry. The modus operandi is that you have to ask in one of Canterlots less privileged suburbs for them, preferably in a bar and if they are interested they come to you. While I can see the potential danger, there is not much we can do otherwise other than wait and hope that we are in the area. So what do you say?” Ocean looked over to him curiously, waiting for his answer.

“I don’t know. That sounds really dangerous, but I have no other idea. But if it doesn’t bother you, I would like to hear Summers opinion on the whole thing. She probably will have nothing else either, but it would feel somewhat wrong if we don’t ask her. Come to think of it, where is she anyway? She should have been here half an hour ago, that is unusually for her, especially considering Thunders current state. She wouldn’t let us wait.” Phoenix voice grows more worried the longer he spoke, looking nervously to Ocean.

“Now that you mention it, yeah that is strange. But I’m sure she is fine. Why don’t you call her, just to be sure?” She replied rather calmly, but he could make out a few worried undertones in her voice.

Somewhat nervously he pulled out his cellphone and searched Summer number. His breaths grew more uneven as he got closer to the number he was searching. After finally finding and calling it, his heart picked up the pace with every ringing that went by without an answer. Then finally the ringing stopped and someone answered: “Hello, who is there?” Phoenix has skipped a beat, this wasn’t Summer’s voice, it was raspy and sounded malicious. Worst of all he recognized the voice.

“What have you done to her you fucking bastard,” he shouted into the phone. Ocean immediately jumped up and looked at him in shock.

The voice on the other end of the line just laughed back in sick delight: “Oh, what I have done. Nothing, yet. What you have done, on the other hand, oh that is another story. You should have just given me my money and let it at that, but no, you had to play the hero and try and stop me. And now you pay the price.”

His hand grew tighter around his phone and he started to grit his teeth. “If you have even laid one finger on her I swear I will…”

“Tst, tst, didn’t you learn from last time? Now listen, you little shit, first of all, you will be nice to me, do you understand?” Phoenix just gripped his phone tighter and growled back. “Do you understand?!” Biff shouted back at him.

This was enough to get Phoenix to back down. “Understood. So what do you want?”

“Now we are talking. You will get me double the money I originally wanted, as a warning, you know. I want two thousand, and that every month, do you understand me?” Phoenix grunted a yes. “Good, then meet me at the construction site near Change Industries, you should be able to find it, around six PM. But leave your cop-friend out of it, or missy here is going to regret it.” A muffled sound could be heard from the other end of the line that was quickly drawn out by Biffs laughter.

For a short moment, he contemplated to just throw the phone on the floor and simply mop the floor with the bastard, but ultimately cooler heads prevailed. “Fine, I’ll be there. But if I find even one scratch on her, you can be sure that you will eat your next meal through a straw. Did I make myself clear?”

“I don’t think you are in the position to make any threats,” as he spoke Phoenixes eyes narrowed and he was about to reply as he was interrupted again: “But, I’m in a good mood and damaging the product is generally frowned upon, so why not. I will not harm her in any way, as long as she stays put, did you hear that missy? Stay put and nothing happens. So get my money and you get you pest back. Don’t let me wait, I hate that!” And without any chance to ask any further questions the line went dead.

“Dammit,” he cursed and threw his phone on the couch.

“So, what happened?” Ocean looked at him in a mixture of concern and uncertainty.

“That damn bastard kidnaped Summer and now is holding her ransom. Worst part is, he doesn’t want you there.”

“So, what are we going to do?” She looked at him as uncertain as he was.

“I… I don’t know. Dammit!” He kicked the couch in frustration. “Calm, I need to calm down. We still have time till six. We can work something out.” He steadies his breath and concentrated on his breathing. “Hey, why don’t you think of something and I tell Thunder, maybe this will get him to snap out of it.”

“Sure, I think he should know. I’ll try and think of something till you are done.”

“Thanks!” He stood up and slowly walked over to Thunders bedroom, carefully opened the door and closed it behind him. “Thunder, I know you want to be left alone but this is important.” Like before he didn’t get an answer. “I don’t know how to say this, but… you know what screw it. Summer has been kidnaped by the bastard that wrecked your restaurant. He called us out to give him money in exchange for her freedom if you want to help come outside. If you don’t, just stay here, but we are saving her, with or without you. So you can either continue moping or take this head-on, just like you always do. Your choice.” And with that he left the room, slamming the door shut behind him, the light fading again from the room.

>-------<A>-------<

Time had gone by like nothing and now he stood before the construction site closest to Change Industries, approximately ten minutes before the meeting. On his back was a somewhat heavy black backpack that dangled loosely from his shoulder. One quick look to either side of the street to make sure no one saw him and he walked past the fences that looked of the site from the masses.

Inside everything seemed abandoned and materials were lying around. The entire side was shrouded in darkness, while you still could see what was right in front of you, what was further away was a different story. He stumbled through the dark half-finished corridors until his eyes caught a dime light coming from one of the larger rooms.

As he stepped inside the room, he managed to make out a few leftover materials like metal grids and sacks of cement. But what truly caught his eye were the four figures in the middle of the room. The first one was quite easy to identify, it was Biff, who was casually flipping a coin and didn’t even look in his direction as he entered. Behind him were two thuggish looking guys and between them Summer. What surprised him was that her legs and arms had been bound behind her back. Also, a dirty rag had been pulled between her lips. She was staring daggers at her two captors.

Without looking towards him Biff started to talk: “How do you tolerate her? I have never had such an unbearable victim in my long career. Just give me the money and we can get this over with as soon as possible. The sooner I’m rid of missy here, the better.” He finally looked up and tilted his head in confusion. “Wait, why are you here? I thought your boss would come, or does he simply not care for her? Wow, that is sad but understandable. That she is still working for him is a miracle. To be honest, I don’t really care, just give me the money.”

Summer was getting quite noisy in the background; apparently, his comments had riled her up again. Her two captors just sighed and one of them held a knife to her through, letting her protests die down as soon as they had arrived. Phoenix just glared at them. “Shut up missy, the grown-ups are talking. Where were we again? Oh, right, the money, now!”

Phoenix growled, but ultimately decided to throw the backpack over to Biff. As he was about to catch it, however, two energy bolts struck his underlings, letting them fall back, letting loose of Summer in the meantime. The sudden loss of support had caused her to lose balance and was now plummeting towards the ground. But to her surprise, she was stopped mid-fall, as she looked up she immediately recognized the face, Thunder. He quickly swept her up and rushed with her in his arms as far away from her kidnappers as possible.

Biff, however, was stunned, so much so that he had failed to catch the backpack with the money. His confusion didn’t last long however and he quickly pulled something out of his pocket and put it on his fingers. In the meantime Ocean stepped out of the shadows and into the room, now standing behind him.

“You little shits, you think this is going to works simply because you are Kamen Riders? Newsflash, it won’t! And now I’m going to rip you limb from limb!” He growled while staring at Phoenix.

He was somewhat surprised that he had apparently figured out his identity, but right now he really hadn’t time to think about it. As quick as humanly possible he pulled out the Alchemy Driver and attached it to his waist. In the meantime Biff started to glow, the moment Ocean saw this she fired her gun at the transforming Corrupted, but as expected it was blocked by the excess energy of the artifact. While this was going on Phoenix put the Magic Disc into the Driver.

\ MAGIC DISC DETECTED! /

Henshin!

\ FLAME DISC ACTIVATED! /

Both transformations ended nearly simultaneous and immediately both fighters charged screaming at each other, ready to slam their fist into their opponent. A fierce poison green glow enveloped Thirteens fist, all while Alchemy’s fist started to glow in a fiery orange. As both their fists meet a shockwave rocked the entire construction site, some materials falling over. Both combatants were pushed back, Alchemy clutching his hand while Thirteen just shook it off, having not taken any lasting damage from the attack.

Ocean in the meantime had thrown away her weapon and quickly activated her driver. And put the Charger into it as soon as she could.

\ SCANNING CHARGE! /

Henshin!

\ 50, 80, 100! THUNDER CHARGE! /

After the orb of energy had released her she could see the aftermath of the little confrontation between Alchemy and Thirteen. And the way it looked the Corrupted was about to attack again. In an instant, she rushed over to the monster and managed to kick his legs off the ground from under him. As she slides to a screeching hold a few meters away from the monster, Alchemy used the opportunity to strike Thirteen with his other glowing fist, sending him straight through the next wall and out of sight.

“Hey Birdy, you know, this would usually be the part where I ask you to just give up and make it easier for all of us, but I’m going to make an exception for you just this once. You just have taken it too far. Acting only for your own needs, fine, attacking me, fine, but I’ll draw the line when you drag my friends into this, scratch that, when you drag innocents into this! Everything that follows is entirely on you,” he growled and cracked his fists while looking at the newly formed hole in the wall.

It didn’t take long until two green glowing orbs were visible in the darkness, Charge shooting at them as soon as possible. The six shots hit their target, illuminating the room behind it in short bursts of light, but ultimately not even slowing him down. Soon the two clawed hands reached out of the hole, gripping themselves on the wall and Thirteen lifted himself through the opening, staring enraged at the two Riders. “You! Will! Regret! This!”

The second he had finished his threat Biff charged at his opponents, claws starting to glow mid-charge and swinging primarily at Alchemy. The first attack was quite easy to dodge by simply stepping back, as well as the next one, both missing the Rider completely. As he tried to pull that trick again he lodged against the wall behind him, while the attack missed him this tactic wasn’t viable anymore.

And so, when the Corrupted readied himself for a punch at Alchemy, Charge jumped into action. Since he had his back turned to her it was easy for her to unleash a fury of hits with her batons on the monster, all directed at his back. To her dismay, the constant barrage of attacks didn’t even slow him down, instead the electricity that was conducted from the batons just frizzling out over his body. While she fruitlessly tried to harm the Corrupted, he had continued his attack on Alchemy slamming his fist there where mere moments ago his head was, the Rider already having dodged the attack, now rolling on the ground to get a good distance between the two.

Shortly after he had gotten out of range, Thirteen suddenly spun around and slammed his fist right into Charges stomach, sending her flying through the room and crashing into a bunch of leftover building material. During her short flight, she had lost her Stun Batons which were lying on opposite sides of the room. She carefully tried to get up again, all while Biff laughed in amusement at her: “See missy, that is what happens when you try to stand in my way. And after I’m done with the both of you, I think I’m going to visit your friends. I’m sure we are going to have a blast together!”

“Shut up! I’ll make sure you will not lay a finger on them! And I’ll make sure of it with this!” Charge shouted back at him, during this, she pushed a button on her Driver that ejected the Thunder Charger from it. As she was putting the Charger away she pulled out another one, this time it was red. After pushing it into the cylinder of the Driver she spun it again.

Charge up!

\ 50, 80, 100! FIRE CHARGE! /

A fiery red energy sphere enveloped the Rider, revealing a new suit. What was previously blue now had been replaced with crimson red and her eyes had changed to green. All over her armor, small little metallic exhaust pipes were placed. Charge stretched herself a bit and then sprinted at the Corrupted: I hope you had your fun because now play-time is over.

“Oh is it now? Then show me what you got, it won't be enough,” and with this, he rushed towards.

This! The engines on her backside suddenly sprung to life, propelling her forward. At the same time, an engine at her elbow started to go off as well and before Thirteen could even react her fists was firmly implanted into his face, the engine on her elbow only increasing in intensity. The force of the punch and subsequent increase in intensity of the engine were enough to send the Corrupted sailing through the room, back into the wall he had forced Alchemy into and subsequently through it.

Alchemy just watched as Charge flew through the new hole in the wall and seconds later Biff came flying back through it, landing in the same leftover supplies as Charge had. It didn’t take long for Charge to return as well, landing next to him.

“Damn, Fire Charge seems quite capable. Why you didn’t you tell me about it?”

You ask this now? Of course, you do. Well, no time, that’s all. You know now, so what is the big deal?She just shrugged and readied herself to engage Biff again.

“Fair enough, so let’s just finish off that idiot,” he replied, readying himself for battle as well.

After Biff had finished standing up he shouted at the two: Enough! I’ve had enough of you! And now you will pay the price!With that he Lunged himself at the Riders, both hands glowing in the fierce green.

Charge immediately activated her boosters and flew towards the Corrupted, only to change directions midflight and strife around her opponent. After being behind him she again changed her direction, this time towards her opponent, ramming her foot into his back, propelling him forward even more. Alchemy responded with a swift kick into the face of Thirteen, sending him back to Charge.

As he came sailing towards her, she delivered a roundhouse kick, further enhanced with her boosters, extending his flight further and right into the next wall. Alchemy! she shouted, he just chuckled and flicked with his finger. A massive explosion could be heard in the distance. You don’t mind when I finish this, do you?

“He is all yours, but promise me one thing, make sure he regrets messing with my brother.”

Oh, don’t worry, he will, she replied and shortly thereafter spun the cylinder on her Driver.

\ Maximum Charge! /

The exhaust pipes all over her suit started to glow before the engines on her back started up and she followed the Corrupted through the wall. It took her a few seconds but she finally reached him, right now in the process of standing up. As she was mere meters away from him she slowed down through the use of the engines on her front, stopping right in front of him. Before he could react in any way shape or form, she delivered a devastating uppercut that sent the Corrupted through the next several floors.

Without wasting any more time she jumped up and angled herself in a suitable position through the use of the boosters all over her, so she faced the Corrupted with her feet. The moment her position was just right all boosters currently facing away from the target started to go off all at once with full force, accelerating her directly towards him. It didn’t take long until she made contact, her force slamming him through even more floors of the building. This continued until they reached the highest floor, the moment she smashed him through the ceiling of it a massive explosion consumed the both of them.

After it had dissipated Biff was laying on the roof, completely knocked out, his brass knuckles next to him. “And that is what you get for messing with us!” Ocean said exhausted, steam coming off of her exhaust ports. She calmly walked over to him, picked up the artifact and continued: You are under arrest! You have the right to remain silent. All you say can and will be used against you. While she spoke she handcuffed him.

It didn’t take long before she heard a familiar voice:Well, he is out for the count. Good job. As she turned around she saw Alchemy landing next to her.

Just doing my job. Still, thanks. By the way, he dropped this,she throws the knuckle towards him, Alchemy catching it midair and carefully regarding it. After placing it on the ground he took out one of the blank magic Discs and pointed it at the artifact. It didn’t take long before the magic was absorbed into it and the Disc started to glow in a yellow-orange. A blinding light enveloped the Disc and after it had subsided it had changed. Now instead of wight it was yellow-orange and rather ruth around the edges.

Yes! Four down, only one to go!Alchemy shouted in delight, raising the hand with the disc into the air.

Good for you. Hey, I can finish everything up here. You can meet up with your brother, I know you want to.

I… Thanks Ocean. See ya! And with that, he jumped off the building.

See ya!She replied to the air, shaking her head in amusement.

>-------<A>-------<

It hadn’t taken him long to find his brother and Summer. The later currently in the process of letting her frustration over her kidnapping out. “And do you believe it, they smelled like they hadn't showered in weeks and one of them was always next to me. It was awful. Add to that that this stupid gag tasted just like they smelled and this is undoubtedly the worst day of my life. I hope he regrets it now!”

“Oh, believe me, after getting smashed through roughly thirty floors, he is regretting it,” he replied jokingly while stepping out of a backstreet.

Phoenix!” She shouted and rushed over to him, nearly crushing him with her hug. “Thanks for saving me! Huh, by the way where is Ocean?”

Phoenix was rather taken aback by her reaction, but his surprise turned int discomfort rather quickly. “Summer. Summer! Air!” After she heard that she immediately let go of him and looked rather embarrassed. “Thanks. Oh yeah, Ocean is dealing with Biff, so you have to thank her another time. Oh, when you mention it, did you thank Thunder already, without him, I’m not so sure we could have pulled this off so smoothly.”

“Oh, I already thanked Thunder, but you know, why not again,” before she even finished she had walked back over to and hugged him, just as hard as Phoenix, if not a bit harder. “Thanks, Thunder, a thousand thanks.” Unlike Phoenix, he didn’t complain and just let her hug him. It did take a few seconds before she finally releases him from her hold.

“Like I said, no problem. I couldn’t just let you in the hands of the roughens,” he replied rather awkwardly while rubbing the back of his head.

“I’m glad you are back to normal Thunder. Seeing you so glum just felled wrong. Good to have you back.”

“Yeah, thanks for getting me back on track. Just moping around doesn’t solve my problems, still doesn’t mean that they just have evaporated into thin air,” he soberly said, only for his expression to suddenly change into a smile. “But with you two, I’m sure we can handle everything the world throws at us!” He quickly grabbed both of them by their shoulders and brought into a comforting hug.

As he released them again they had reached the ‘Magnum Opus’ after Thunder looked at the ruined front he sighed once more and all three stepped inside. To their surprise, they were not the only ones in the charred remains of the restaurant, a rather bulky man with grey skin and slick black hair was leaning against the wall to the kitchen. What seemed especially odd was that he wore a black suit and held a briefcase in his hand.

“Ah, glad that you finally arrive, a pleasure meeting you. I’m truly sorry for what happened to your restaurant, Mr. Cloud,” the strange man said, looking cooly at the three.

“Thanks, but if I may ask, who are you? I never saw you in my restaurant before,” Thunder replied rather confused by the stranger.

“Oh, of course. You may call me ‘Cerberus’ and I think you already meet one of my, I would say, employes. You might know him under the name Biff. He was the one responsible for this whole mess. Again, I’m deeply sorry.” While he spoke he gestured at the room with his hand.

The atmosphere in the room suddenly shifted drastically, no one dared to say a word and just stared at the man that called himself ‘Cerberus’. “Hmh, not a surprising reaction. People tend to be afraid of me. But I assure you, I’m not here to cause you any more harm. I’m actually here to tell you that my men will take care of Biff and make sure nothing happens to you,” he calmly continued.

“Well, a bit late for that. That asshole already kidnapped me! Without the Kamen Riders, I would probably not be standing here! Thanks for your help,” Summer was the first to break the silence and was actively hostile towards him.

To Phoenix surprise, the man stayed perfectly calm and simply nodded. “I’m sorry that I didn’t act quick enough. I’m entirely to blame for that. As an apology please allow me to cover the repair and the profit loss you might suffer during the repairs. It’s the least I can do to make up for the failings of my employes.”

Again everyone in the room was left speechless. They had heard about the rules of ‘Tartarus’, but hadn’t expected their boss to be this loyal to them himself. What came next shocked Phoenix and Summer even more: “I appreciate the offer, but I have to decline. I can’t take so much money from someone who hurts others to get it. I have to do this myself not with the help of someone like you,” Thunder calmly replied.

The two others were expecting Cerberus to simply lash out at him, but he stayed rather calm. “I understand. If that is what you wish for, I will honor your demand. However, I can’t just leave without making it up to you and your friends, especially after I failed to deal with the situation quick enough. So, how about that, you can call me anytime and ask a favor of me,” while he spoke he reached into the pocket and pulled out a small black card. “And I will not take no for an answer this time.”As he walked towards the exit he gave Thunder the card, he reluctantly took it and stuffed it into his pocket. Have a nice day.”

After the man had left the restaurant Phoenix was the first to speak up: “Why didn’t you take the money. You could have gotten yourself out of this situation easily. This was basically gift wrapped for you.”

“I know, but would you have done it? You know where the money comes from don’t you?” He looked at his brother with a raised eyebrow.

Phoenix sighed in response: “Yeah, I know. Still, how are we going to fix this?”

“Well, if the customers can’t come to you, you have to come to the customers. The kitchen is still perfectly fine; we are just switching to a delivery service for the remainder of the repairs. And just to make this clear, Summer is going to deliver the pizzas, not you. I don’t want the pizza to be cold just because there happened to be a monster attack; I have seen enough movies to know that sending you out there wouldn’t work.”

He just chuckled: ”That is more like it. Glad to have you back, brother. And the plan is actually good, like nearly all of your plans.”

“Yeah, that is indeed more like it,” Summer added.

“Thanks, but there is still one thing that bugs me. How did the Corrupted know that Phoenix was Alchemy? He shouldn’t have known that,” Thunder said, his forehead covered in wrinkles.

“Yeah, that was weird, but I’m sure Ocean is going to figure it out. I think we deserve a bit of peace after today.”

“Yeah, you are right. How about I’ll make us something to eat. How does that sound?” His question was met with audible applause and soon they were eating their well-deserved meals.

>-------<A>-------<

In a dark office somewhere in Canterlot City a man was sitting at his desk and was going through some files. “Well, that was a wash. Biff really didn’t live up to his reputation. We basically served him everything on a silver platter and he still screws it up. If we would just deal with them personally we could…” His little rant was interrupted by a sudden painful stinging in his chest like someone was slowly pushing a small metal road through it.

After he had fallen from his chair another, angrier, booming, voice spoke up: “You will do what I want you to do. No arguing, no complaining, no questioning me, you will do what I say and that is the end of that. Do you understand that?”

“Un… understood!” As sudden as the pain had come it had also disappeared. The man now gasping for air and holding his stomach, sweat was dripping down his forehead.

“Simple death is too good for them. No, we are going to make them suffer, and when they beg for death we will grant it to them. Did I make myself clear?”

“Yes… master,” the man was slowly crawling back up while using the desk as support. His eyes had an exhausted look in them.

“Good, then stop wasting time and get out there. Only because the imbecile failed doesn't mean you can slack off.”

“Yes, master.” The man carefully staggered over to a cloth rack in the office retrieving a jacket and a head from it and made his way to the door for his nightly duties.

PreviousChapters Next