• Published 15th Apr 2018
  • 3,561 Views, 138 Comments

Kamen Rider Alchemy - Layton13



Stray magic is running rampant through Canterlot City and people affected by it turn into dangerous monsters. But through the use of an ancient family heirloom a new hero tries to save the city.

  • ...
5
 138
 3,561

PreviousChapters Next
Of Wizards, Travelers and Alchemists - Ride the Wind

“Shame, really. And I thought she would not disappoint me after all. But it seems even I can be mistaken a few times, not that it was my fault. She failed, not me after all. You loot better keep up a better work ethic than her, and not die on me. That would be a major disappointment. And trust me, if you fail me like your three friends did, I will find a way to make you pay, understood?” Heinrich was facing the window, the night setting in over the city, a small black bag in his hand that he absentmindedly threw up and down while sipping at a glass of wine.

“Yes master,” all three remaining Phantoms immediately returned, their heads bowed low kneeling before him. One could see their tense bodies, hands clenched into fists and even in the shadow the fear and nervousness in their faces.

“You know, this city is beautiful, almost sad that we have to destroy it, but so is the will of God. And I’m sure they will be glad to be the stepping stone for my ascension, after all, there is no nobler cause to die for. It still boggles my mind how these Kamen Riders think they could defy me? Me? The chosen? It’s pathetic, vermin should know their places, and that is at my feet,” he growled, the foot of the wine glass breaking under the pressure of his hand, the content and other parts just falling to the floor and shattering. Heinrich didn’t even notice and just continued his rant. “No idea where they belong, this entire world. And not even back home people have forgotten their place, it’s pathetic, truly pathetic, but soon they will be reminded of their duties and their masters. Too long has this world lived in ignorance and debauchery, it’s time they are recalled back in.”

“Master, I-“ A man with purple skin and silver hair attempted to say, his massive body dwarfed his comrades and Heinrich like they were nothing, in any other situation one would assume everyone in the room would cower before him. His voice was shaky and uneven, his eyes were pointed at the floor the entire time he spoke.

“Golem! Do you know what you just did?” His voice echoed through the dark hall, he had clenched to a fist at his side, all while his voice was trying to suppress the anger that was boiling inside him. “Do you?”

“Master I’m-“

Before Golem could continue, a frightened tone in every word he spoke, he was interrupted once again. “Do you?!” The voice of the mage came suddenly and surprisingly. He spat the words out, still not having even the decency to look at them. “I asked you a question!”

The Phantom lowered his head even further towards the floor, now touching it with its forehead as he desperately returned: “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have interrupted you, master! I’m truly sorry for my insubordination. Punish me as you do see fit!” The other two Phantoms around him just glanced over to him, looks of terror the woman's eyes while the man looked at Golem with a cold glare.

“That is more like it, exactly like you should. Now, what punishment would be most fit for you? Let me think, let me think. I should probably just execute you for the audacity to interrupt me, but I’m gracious after all, and that would be a waste, all things considered, so be grateful for my mercy Golem, it’s more than you deserve,” he continued, a sadistic glee in his voice.

“Thank you, my lord,” he croaked out, daring a glance at his master who had turned around and smiled down on him, a smile that he had seen many times before, one who reserved for special occasions. A smile he only used when he could place one in their place. “You are too gracious.”

“I know, I know, I’m me after all,” he chuckled before stepping closer to him, Golems eyes immediately shooting back down to the floor. “Now, back on what we should do with you. You interrupted me, so do tell me what you wanted to say if it might have been worth it, or at least a bit, after that I will decide your fate.”

“My lord, I wanted to offer my services in showing these unloyal peasants who they should be following, that was all,” he returned as soon as Heinrich had stopped talking.

“Oh, that was it? Well, that is a good reason to speak up. Still, you should have waited for your turn Golem. Stupid, stupid Golem, you should have just waited, and you would have gotten your chance, but you know, I think I have just the right thing for you,” he continued with a smug undertone. “You know, Unicorn disappointed me and got herself killed, just like Kraken.”

“Yes, they were pathetic and disappointed you. They got off far to easy for their failure in my opinion.”

“Good, good, flattery won’t bring you much, but I like it nonetheless. But their deaths were not in vain. They showed me one of the most magical things I have seen in years, this worlds magic. IT’s magnificent, so much to learn, so much to study, so much to discover. I feel like the first day as a mage, the excitement, the wonder, everything. While I had seen pieces of it as my time as a researcher for the MRG, I could have never imagined the possibilities. Granted, the moment I heard about the Philosopher Stone in this world I knew I could use it as a power source, but besides that? Nothing of value I thought, just a few monsters, that was all. But now I see it, the secrets it holds, how it perfectly harmonizes with our magic, everything. I feel so alive,” he burst out, glee and joy in every single word before turning back to Golem.

“And here is where you come in. Before I left the MRG, I decided to take a few of their artifacts. Until now I have only seen what a Level 5 and a Level 4 artifact can do, and the Level 4 one already put two Riders in quite a bind. I still have some Level 3 Artifacts and a Level 2 Artifact, I wonder what these can do,” he continued, keeping an eye on Golem, who could already see where this was going. “Kraken showed me that the magic of this world could be beneficial, Unicorn showed me that it isn’t dangerous and now I want to see how powerful it can make any of you. And since you are still in need of punishment, I think it would be fitting for you to take this!” He placed a metallic hammer in his hand, it was covered in engravings of earth and crystals as well as two large black onyxes on either side of it. He could feel the power it exerted before he even grasped it, but the moment it did he felt more and more of it flow through him. His body felt new and fresh, this power was truly magnificent and unique to him, but it felt right, so right.

“Thank you, my master, with this, I will crush all your opposition, and I will make sure these Riders will suffer the just deserts for their actions. I vow this with my life,” his voice bellowed through the hall, the doubt and fear had vanished entirely from it.

“Oh, so you found new resolve, impressive. I have to remember that for further studies,” he chuckled, playing around with the small sack in his hand.

“Of course my master, I’m ready for anything this world might throw at me,” Golem returned with a smirk on his lips.

“Lovely, really lovely, this is exactly what I expect from my servants. Enthusiasm and a will to go far beyond what any other lousy grunt would do. This is exactly why I kept you around while discarded of your brothers and sister, you were all willing, loyal and most important, strong. Compare that to the rest of these lousy Phantoms, and you could only shake your head in disgust,” he continued, his voice sounding like he was lost in a wonderful dream. “But enough dwelling on the past, it’s far more important to focus on the future,” Heinrich smirked, gazing at the sack in his hand with a devilish glimmer in his eyes.

“So, Golem, time to prove yourself to me once again. With your strength and newfound power I’m sure this will be no problem for you, you never really disappointed me after all!” He handed him one of the purple gems from the sack.

The Phantom returned an arrogant chuckle as well as: “Of course master, I will make sure that our enemies will bow before you as well as bring you the treasure of this world. I swear this with my life!” With that he grabbed the gem, bowed one last time before Heinrich and stormed out of the door, his head held high.

One of the other two remaining Phantoms looked after him, the muscular one, before speaking up: “My lord, do you really think Golem will succeed in his mission or will fall like Garuda, Kraken, and Unicorn before him?” His voice was raspy and low, almost like a growl. During the entire time, he spoke he never looked up from the floor.

“Oh, Cerberus, do you not trust your brother? I’m disappointed,” Heinrich returned with a chuckle as he turned around again, taking a look through the windows. “Don’t you trust my judgment?”

“I would never my lord, your judgment is far beyond my mind. Still, I doubt he can stand against the Riders and emerge victorious in the end, with all due respect,” Cerberus encountered, a determination and unwavering in his voice.

“Does it matter Cerberus? If he can advance my goals towards their competition, it doesn’t matter if he fails in the end. Ultimately I will sit at the top and have what I want. It’s always that way, even if I have to do it myself, in the ned, I win, I always win!” The last word was almost hissed, a malicious smirk crossing his lips.

“Of course master, there is not even a question about this. In the end, you will once again stand atop the world with no one to stop you.”

>-------<AxWxD>-------<

These Phantoms had no sense of time, really. It was almost midnight, and they still decide that now was the perfect time to cause trouble again. This was getting ridiculous, the fifth time a monster had now attacked a seemingly insignificant place without any rhyme or reason. Worst part of all, they were apparently succeeding, four times already they were to slow to stop the strange lights and cracks that were forming on the battlefield. Whatever their enemy was planning they were succeeding.

Ocean’s thoughts were however quickly interrupted as several purple crystals headed straight for her. In a split-second Charge pulled on the handles of her bike, the vehicle quickly going into a near forty-five-degree angle, just barely dodging the incoming attack that soared over her. With a loud crashing sound the crystals impacted behind her into one of the nearby factories, the gems quickly growing out of control and swallowing everything in their close proximity.

While the overgrowth quickly stopped a good portion of the walls had been covered in the strange crystals, shimmering in an ominous purple, all while Charge jumped off her bike and unloaded her first salve on the monster. What stood before here was a towering behemoth, at least three heads taller than she was, even in her armor. His entire body was made out of fine cut gems, the same ones that had been spread across the factory behind her. He reminded her a bit of a gorilla all things considered. What however was strange was the silver armor across his body, accented by a purple gem on his chest. His glowing dark purple eyes stared at her from behind the silver helmet that protected his head.

With a low growl, the Phantom spat out: “You! You are one of these Riders that stood in the way of our master the entire time we have been here. How dare you! You are not even fit to lick his boots, you are just a lowly peasant. But you, you dare to attack and kill his servants! You are the one that killed Kraken, you will pay for that!” Before Charge could even as much as say anything in return the Phantom raised his hands and let out a barrage of crystals that headed straight for her, all while the six shots of her own weapon bounced off the monster like nothing, not even noticed by the thing.

A little shocked the Rider activated her super speed, dashing out of the way of the second attack aimed at her, the projectiles darting into the ground behind her, quickly covering it in the same substance the factory wall had been covered in. “Well, not to self, stay as far away from him as humanly possible, I don’t want to end as a Rider-statue,” she muttered to herself, currently hiding her frame behind one of the nearby walls that lead into an alley.

“So, this is it? The legends and tales of the great Riders of this city? The Riders that are capable of going toe-to-toe with my brothers and sisters? I’m disappointed, really. The only thing you are capable of doing is hide away from me and nothing more, it’s pathetic. Show me what brought my comrades down to their knees, show me your strength, challenge me! I want to test my newfound strength!” Golem bellowed at her, his arms gripping the concrete beneath his feet and with a loud scream ripped part of it from the street, holding it up over his head. “Come out, or you will regret it!”

Charge just sighed and with one quick dash, raced towards the other end of the alley, taking two turns quickly afterward and came to hold right behind the Phantom, ready to jump him from the alley behind him.

“Ok, you wanted it this way!” He growled, several crystals bursting out of the chunk of concrete before the monster threw it directly at the position he suspected her. A loud crash later and one could see how the corner of the factory started to crumble, several strands of the gems quickly covering the rest before it could collapse, Golem glaring at his work in satisfaction. However, the moment the dust had settled again not a single sign of the Rider could be seen. “Ha, was that everything? Pathet-“

That was as far as he managed to get, the taunt interrupted by a loud roar as Charge’s Stun Baton slammed into his backside, his silver armor bending under pressure and digging into his own flesh. Not even the stumble forward saved him from Charge’s further assault, her weapon slamming into his knee, the limb twisting unnaturally as his legs gave way under the pressure. However, before she could bring down her weapon once again, this time at his face, something else interrupted her.

Right in front of her, a ball of water slammed into the side of the Phantom, sending it flying, nearly throwing her to the ground as well only able to jump to safety in the last second. The Phantom slammed into the next wall, everything around him quickly being covered in crystals, but the bulk of it around him in some sort of shell.

“What was that?” That was all she managed, staring in the direction of where the attack had come from and low and behold, there he was. A Rider clad in black and silver armor with a green chest as well as two large green eyes. What however seemed familiar was the white box on his waist. “Tsukasa! Who else?” She sighed with a growl. Of course, it was him, no one else would pull something so stupid. “What in all that is holy were you thinking? You could have knocked me to the ground as well!”

The senior Rider playfully pointed his green gun at the monster, or at least its crystal cocoon and unleashed several wells placed shots. The water orbs he sent at the Phantom didn’t really damage the shell it had constructed around it. With a sigh, he pulled the weapon back and dismissively returned: “But you didn’t, so who cares Newbie? You should be thankful really.”

Ocean was fuming, she glared at Decade who just shrugged with his shoulders. Then everything finally burst out:What is wrong with you? Can’t you just for once act like a damn professional? You act like a complete child, just playing your own game! You are just here for your own fun! If you can’t be bothered to play nice then just leave, no one needs you here! She turned around, shouting out of her lungs on full volume as she slowly stomped towards the Rider.

The Rider however just ignored her, storming towards the crystal, firing furiously at the structure, to no effect. However, Ocean was having none of that, using her own super speed she dashed to the side of the Rider and halted him right in his tracks, Tsukasa unsurprisingly somewhat agitated. “Hey, Newbie, what is that supposed to be? I’m in the middle of something, you can have a bit of my time later, but right now-“

“Oh, no! This ends here! Either you are going to work with me, or you are going to leave! I’ve had it with you and your stupid ‘I’m better than you’ attitude. You might have more experience than we have, but you know what, it seems you never learned to work together with anyone else! I’m sick and tired of your insults and you making fun of me! It’s enough! If you can’t work in a team with us, you are nothing more than an obstacle! An obstacle I can’t be bothered to deal with!” Charge continued to rant, now glaring at the Rider with her two red eyes.

“Wow, learn some respect, Newbie. I’m far more experienced with monster hunting than you, so learn to respect the ones with experience. You would have gotten a good dose of those crystals if it weren’t for me,” he returned, trying to step around the junior Rider and aim at the monster. She, however, grabbed ahold of his gun and continued.

“Saved me from being crystalized? Ha, laughable, I had him right there where I wanted him to be, and you interrupted me. If it weren’t for you, we would have been done here already and dealt with the-“

She didn’t get any further before everything became purple within seconds only to disappear as fast as it had come. Both Riders stared at the origin of the light in shock. Had they really bickered for so long? An answer to this question quickly came as the crystal around Golem fell away, revealing nothing beneath it, the monster had escaped.

“Good job Newbie, you just handed them another victory,” Tsukasa finally broke the silence, his voice sounding smug. “If you would have let me handle this we wouldn't have to deal with this now.”

“Letting you deal with this? After you nearly knocked me over without any regard to your allies? Yeah, I don’t think so! You would have screwed it up regardless, so don’t try to play the high and mighty here! This is all your fault, if you had just given me a simple heads up this wouldn’t have happened, but no! The oh so great Decade can’t! You are the wo-”

Their little shouting match was interrupted by the sound of an engine drawing closer and closer, quickly revealing itself to be Alchemy on his bike. “What is going on here?”

“Oh, the Newbie just let the monster escape, nothing more,” Tsukasa returned, having deactivated his transformation.

Ocean quickly followed him, also returning to her normal form. “I did not! He was the one that nearly tripled me over by shooting the Phantom as I had the perfect opportunity to stun him. We would have been able to stop him if it weren’t for him! He screwed everything up!”

“I just saved you from the monster, if I wouldn’t have, you would have been covered in crystals. Oh, and who prevented me from attacking the monster again? Oh right, that was you, Newbie. Seems you are shouting at a mirror here,” he returned with his infuriating nonchalant attitude.

“You did not just-“ Ocean growled back.

Enough!” Phoenix finally let out, taking both of them by surprise. “Both of you! You sound like two bickering children that argue over a damn cookie! This is ridiculous! You are Riders, I expect better from you! Your arguments just let a monster get away! There is no fingerpointing, this is both your fault!” Phoenix was glaring at both of them, none of them able to formulate any response.

“And now to you!” He pointed at his girlfriend. “You stopped him from attacking the monster!” She was about to say something in return, but Phoenix was having none of it. “No! No excuses. It doesn’t matter what, or if you had any reason for it, you stopped him. I don’t want to hear anything. I know you are usually the one in control, but you have to trust him. He is on our side, and even if you don’t know what he is thinking at every point in a fight, you still have to work with him. We are up against an opponent we can’t really judge, and I’m happy for every bit of help we can get, even if the help is a bit special. You got that?” He continued, Ocean just silently nodding as she lowered her head after he finished.

“See Newbie, this is how you resp-“ Tsukasa was about to start before he himself was interpreted by Phoenix.

“Oh, don’t think you are getting away scot-free mister.” This took the senior Rider by surprise, raising an eyebrow. “I know you are doing this for nearly a decade now, and have far more experience than we do. I’m also glad that you saved Ocean from the Phantom, but this doesn’t mean you can just play the lone wolf! I’m happy you want to help us, no matter your reason. If it is only for fun and excitement, fine, I can live with that, even if I have my doubts about that, but you have to work with us, not against or around us. Ocean tried to, but you didn’t give her any chance to react, and she might have gotten into a far worse situation. You were the one that let Kraken escape the first time because you thought sniping him would end this. In the end, he came back stronger than before. We had to deal with that too. So please, work with us, because if you don’t, you can leave this world as well. We need allies, not people that lay their own game, understood?”

Tsukasa just looked at him for a moment and chuckled. “Fine then.” Ocean looked at him in confusion for a moment, before looking back towards Phoenix.

“Good,” he returned before turning back around and mounting his bike. “Have a nice night,” he muttered, still annoyed to a certain extent before driving off, leaving the two behind.

“He doesn’t strike me as that much as a voice of reason. Was it really so bad that he changed roles with you for a moment?” Tsukasa asked, sounding a little less smug than before.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. Every time he has to call me out on something like this it’s generally really bad… Hey, how about we start over?” Ocean asked with an unsure undertone.

“Sure,” he shrugged back. “As long as you know who has more experience Newbie,” he chuckled.

“You are just the worst. But fine, you are the one with the experience,” she returned, literally through her gritted teeth.

>-------<AxWxD>-------<

It hadn’t taken that long for the Phantom to show up again, not even that far away from where it had shown up last time. Right now Ocean was once again the closest to the attack, maneuvering through the cars that were heading her way like it was nothing. Having learned from her last time encountering this particular Phantom she did not just head straight for the monster, instead, she parked her bike as close as possible and raced towards the scene of the crime on foot. Like expected the Phantom was causing mayhem all around it, covering large portions of the are in crystals.

She was about to race towards the monster as something attracted her attention. A man in purple armor was walking across one of the nearby roofs. It was a design she had never seen before, it was just so different, the horns and metal parts all over the suit. There was however one familiar thing, the Dekadriver on his waist. Tsukasa! What was he planning this time? She was tempted to dash out and attack the monster right now, and she almost would have if not Phoenix words would have come back to her at this moment. Maybe waiting was the best option right now? She hadn’t even seen the position of the gem yet. This, however, didn’t really take that long, just on the other side of the street she could see the purple glow, no chance in Tartarus would she reach it in time.

Then it happened, the Rider jumped down two red drumsticks in his hands. The Phantom could only turn around and see how the two weapons came down upon its head, leaving notable dents in the helmet.

This was it! This was her chance to strike. Within a split second, she had dashed across the street and right behind the tumbling Phantom, letting her Stun Baton come down at the same place she had struck the beast yesterday already. With a loud screech Golem sunk to his knees. He, however, had no chance to react as the two drumsticks slammed once again against his helmet, leaving even more dents in it.

Then it happened, out of nowhere the Phantom shot up and threw both his fist in the direction of at one of the Riders, Decade thankfully able to jump backward, Charge, however, was struck and thrown back into the next wall. As she slowly crawled back up she noticed something that led the blood in her veins freeze, the crystals were spreading across her body. Within moments she ejected her current Charger and slammed another one in.

Charge up!

\ 50, 80, 100! FRIENDSHIP CHARGE! /

After the purple energy orb had faded away, there was no sign of the crystals left, much to the relive of Ocean. With newfound vigor, she let out a burst of shots at the Phantom who just slammed his fist on the ground before him, crystals forming a shield in front of him that let no shot through.

This little distraction, however, was all Tsukasa had needed, opening his Driver and putting in a new card.

|KAMEN RIDE|

|RYUKI|

And with that his armor had once again changed, now consisting of a red undersuit and silver armor over it, somewhat reminiscent of a dragon. This was however not enough for the interdimensional Rider who inserted another card into the Driver.

|ATTACK RIDE|

|STRIKE VENT|

From the sky fell a red orb that Decade effortlessly grabbed, quickly forming into the head of a dragon. Whatever this fist weapon was he wasted no time and threw a punch in the direction of the Phantom. Out of the dragon's mouth, a burning stream of flames headed straight at the monster who had just enough time to turn around and slam his fist once again on the ground. While the barrier once again rose from the street, it was already far too late, a good amount of the attack hitting him straight on.

The force of the attack was so strong that it sent him flying, straight through the first barricade and right into Charge’s field of vision who was only too happy to unleash a burst of her own weapon on him. Sparks flew, and his screams could be heard across the street as he slumped on the ground. Both Riders smirked under their helmet ready to strick again as a voice cut through their thoughts. It was more of a scream really.

“How dare you! You will pay for this! I will punish you in the name of Heinrich von Flügelburg!” The Phantom rose from the ground, his armor shattering and falling to the floor in useless clumps. Both could see it, the crystals on his body that were quickly growing, forming into a mess of an armor. Spikes were sticking out of every part of his body, uncontrollably, unnaturally, it looked horrid. Then he roared, small pieces of the spikes broke off his body and shoot all around him, several hitting the Riders whole others just scattered across the area.

Charge and Decade were thrown back, stings of agony all over their body. They could feel how the crystals were quickly growing on their bodies. This, however, was nothing that could stop them, Charge was the first one to come back on her feet and inserted her Prism Charger into the Driver, while Tsukasa had pulled out a black and magenta device and inserted a card into it before pushing several buttons in succession.

Charge up!

\ 100, 150, 200! OVER CHARGE! /

|KUUGA AGITO RYUKI FAIZ BLADE HIBIKI KABUTO DEN-O KIVA|

|FINAL KAMEN RIDE|

|DECADE|

Both their armors shifted, Charge emerging in her white Over Charge form and Decade’s armor had changed into a far more silver version. Cards lined his chest and one atop his head. Two magenta eyes stared at the Phantom who was still raging, the area around them quickly transforming into crystal. With not much time left to waist Decade removed the K-Touch from his Driver again and Charge spun her cylinder once again.

|FAIZ|

|KAMEN RIDE|

|BLASTER|

\ Maximum Charge! /

While Charge was aiming her weapon at the monster, Tsukasa pulled out a card and threw it into the white part of the Decadriver on his side, accompanied by a Kamen Rider in a red suit, silver armor, and yellow eyes.

|FINAL ATTACK RIDE|

|FAIZ|

In unison both of the pointed their respective weapons at the Phantom, Decade his sword and Faiz, his futuristic blaster. Then all three pulled the trigger at once, unleashing three burst of energy upon the Phantom. The agonizing scream of the monster quickly faded as a massive explosion consumed it, all three of them ending their attacks. Not even a second later they were consumed by a bright purple light, they were once again too slow.

After returning to their civilian forms, Ocean was the first to inspect the crater where the monster had just stood mere moments ago and fished out a metallic hammer out of the derby. “Well, at least we got the artifact and killed another one,” she sighed, letting her head hang low.

“Don’t worry Newbie, you did well,” Tsukasa added from behind her, letting the woman spin around quite surprised. “We’ll get them eventually, we always do. In the end, the Riders always win.”

After a few more moments of genuine surprise Ocean just smirked. “Seems you aren’t so bad after all.”

“Yeah,” the senior Rider returned, only for him to stop after a few seconds and add a “Hey!” One that ocean just chuckled at.

PreviousChapters Next