• Published 15th Apr 2018
  • 3,558 Views, 138 Comments

Kamen Rider Alchemy - Layton13



Stray magic is running rampant through Canterlot City and people affected by it turn into dangerous monsters. But through the use of an ancient family heirloom a new hero tries to save the city.

  • ...
5
 138
 3,558

PreviousChapters Next
To Protect A Butterfly - Like a Rock in the Surf

It was uncomfortably silent in the grey room. There was nothing in it besides a table, five chairs and a large mirror. Light blue light shined down on all five persons in the room. Twilight was the first to speak up: “Shining, I can explain this.” She pleadingly looked at her brother.

Her older brother was about to answer when Ocean stopped him and replied: “I would love to hear it. Especially what these are,” she held up three separate plastic bags with three different necklaces in them. The girls winced and looked at each other nervously. “Come on, you are not in trouble. Just tell us.”

“Not in trouble? They were in the possession of magical artifacts and worst of all she,” he pointed at Twilight, “didn’t even tell me!” Shining was furious and probably would have gone on even more if she hadn’t stopped him again, his sister lowering her gaze to the floor.

“Officer Armor, these girls might have been in the possession of magical artifacts, but until now, none of them used them for any illegal activity, as far as we know. This is unprecipitated until now everyone in possession of one has fallen victim to their influence and turned into a Corrupted. I would like to know what is different about them or are you implying your sister would misuse them.” He shook his head, still, his stern look on Twilight didn’t weaver. “Then, you may carry on Miss Sparkle.”

“Ok,” she weakly replied, avoiding the look of her brother. “It all started during the Friendship Games, a contest between Canterlott Highschool and Crystal Prep.” She was interrupted by Ocean, who had tipped around on the tablet that lay before her.

“Oh, yes. The Friendship Games incident. You were corrupted by stray magic if the information we could gather was correct. While it is certainly interesting to hear the events from your perspective, we have no information about these necklaces, so are they connected to the incident or not? However, I would like to hear about the other incidents later, like the one at the Fall Formal, the Battle of the Bands and if you are connected to the incident in the mall of Canterlot. But right now I’m more interested in how you can use magic without being corrupted or using a Rider System to bypass the effects,” she looked at the three girls with a calculating look, somewhat diminished by her plastered up wounds that had quickly been treated.

“Oh… Ok. Girls?” Twilight she quickly glanced at her friends next to her, an uncomfortable expression on her face.

“I think being honest would be the best option right now dear. If we are not, they’ll figure it out as soon as they question Applejack. You know how bad she is at lying,” Rarity sheepishly replied, trying to avoid eye contact. Meanwhile, Fluttershy just silently nodded in agreement.

“Ok, these are geodes we found in Camp Everfree. The moment we entered the camp each and every one of my friends and me started to develop magical abilities like telekinesis, the ability to create ethereal constructs out of nothing or to talk to animals.” She gestured to herself, Rarity and Fluttershy respectively.”The geodes managed to corrupt the director of the camp. She was possed by the wish to keep the camp alive.” Her expression had taken on a more sober tone. “She became overwhelmed by the magic and tried to force everyone that was currently at the camp to stay with her there forever. We managed to recover the geodes and to save her and everyone at the camp. And ever since we used the geodes to help people.”

Ocean looked concentrated on her tablet until she finally sighed and retorted: “So, we don’t have much on anything regarding Camp Everfree. We have some strong energy readings in a short time period, but besides that, nothing. We would greatly appreciate it if you could fill us in on this whole incident in more detail later. But back to the geodes, you say you used them to help others, I assume quite frequently? They match smaller magical energy readings we picked up all over the city.” The three girls nodded nearly simultaneous. “Fascinating, I’m sure Ivory will want to have a word with you later. I hope you don’t have anything planned for today because this is going to take a while. But this still doesn’t answer why you were not corrupted by the geodes, like anyone else that came into contact with magical artifacts.”

Twilight seemed rather intrigued by the question as well, and after a short moment, she replied: “Well, I don’t know for sure, but when we use our magic we generally do it to help people, not for our own desires. Or it could be connected to our bonds through the magic of friendship,” she added, Ocean staring at her in confusion.

“Magic of friendship? You wouldn’t be surprised if I found this quite strange. I might have seen my fair share of weirdness in this line of work, but the magic of friendship does stretch it a bit. No offense.” Ocean looked at the three girls not particularly convinced.

This time Rarity was the first to respond, and she huffed quite displeased at the Ocean: “With all due respect. We have saved seven people with these powers from themselves, we should know what we are talking about.” After she had finished she held her head up and crossed her arms.

“Exactly, I can assure you that the magic of friendship exists, if not this world wouldn’t even be here anymore,” Twilight added, without even once losing eye contact with Ocean. Fluttershy just weekly nodded in agreement.

“Well, if you insist, maybe there is something to your claims, but I just can’t fathom it. Regardless, I’ll ask an expert on the subject if there is any basis for your claims, or if you just don’t grasp the finer details of magic.”

“Oh, you have an expert on magic in your organization? Of course, you do, your name is the Magical Research Group after all. Could I meet him, I have some interesting theories on how magic works in this world and would love to discuss them with someone as, or even more knowledgeable on the subject as me. Oh, this is going to be great, talking about different wavelengths, energy readings and…” She stopped her gleeful rant as she noticed that everyone in the room had started staring at her. She giggled sheepishly why rubbing the back of her head: “I’m sorry! Before I came to CHS I studied magic and the chance to exchange data with someone that is an expert on the subject kind overwhelmed me.”

“Well, Ivory is a rather eccentric, but if you are cooperative I can ask him. However, I can’t promise you anything since Ivory has a mind of his own when it comes to stuff like this, but I’ll try my best.”

“Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you so much,” she energetically replied, her eyes basically sparkling.

Ocean was about to respond as Shining spoke up, having stayed surprisingly quiet for a while: “That is all well and good, but why didn’t you tell me about these geodes? I’m your brother don’t you trust me? Or were you scared that I would take it away from you because I work with the MRG?” A look of disapproval was directed at his sister.

“I… There… I just never found the right moment to tell you, especially after the incident during the Friendship Games I didn’t know how to tell you without worrying you too much. I wanted to tell you I just didn’t know how,” she pleadingly looked at her brother.

“I… You know Twiley, you can come to me with all your problems, you don’t need to be afraid of what I might say. If you just talked to me about this I would have listened,” he smiled back at her, and she quickly joined in.

“I don’t want to ruin this delightful sibling bonding moment, but you haven’t told us what happens to our geodes after we are done here, or what will happen to us for the matter,” Rarity spoke up, her voice rather fragile and doubtful.

“Oh, of course. Well, first we are going to go through all the magical incidents you were involved with in great detail and that will probably take a while, afterward, I’ll let Ivory question you about your magic and all other things connected to it. And after that, we will see what happens with your necklaces if we are going to keep them for further study or are we going to give them back to you. But you are not in any sort of trouble, you didn’t do anything other than help people as far as we know so we can’t charge you with anything, besides that I like to reward bravery and the willingness to do the right thing,” she finished and eyed the three girls carefully.

“Ok, if that is what you want then ok,” Twilight answered not entirely convinced. ”Just one question, is Phoenix ok? We run after him, but couldn’t find him after the battle, did you find him?” The three girls stared at her in a mix of anticipation and fear.

To their relatives, she smiled as she heard what they had asked: “Oh, Phoenix is fine. We found him shortly thereafter and he is ok, said he ran away as soon as he saw the monster right down the alleyway. Said Alchemy saved him and so on.” After having heard her response the last concerns were washed away from their faces and all three relaxed.

>-------<A>-------<

In another room with a few tables and chairs, Phoenix and Ivory stared through a large window and observed the conversation. As he listened about the part of him running away as soon as the monster appeared he started to frown. “Run away as soon as I saw the monster, couldn’t have made it sound more heroic, like: ‘Phoenix chased after the thief’ or something like that.”

Ivory was quick to reply with a rather smug grin on his face: “Oh, I think she did hide your identity wonderfully. Better as you ever did. She gave you a good and convincing alibi, what more do you want?”

His frown still not disappearing, he begrudgingly replied: “Yeah, sure, but it could still have been a bit more dignified. I don’t know, just feel like I’m being undersold.”

The scientist just stared at him somewhat perplexed: “What do you mean? I hope you don’t want to…”

Phoenix immediately interrupted him, waving his arms in front of him, his face turning crimson: “Oh, goodness, no! What are you even thinking? I just don’t want to look like a complete scaredy cat.”

Ivory adjusted his glasses and continued: “Well, that makes more sense. And the one I thought you wanted to impress already knows the full story, so lying here wouldn’t help your chances.” A smug smirk crossed his lips as he stared at Phoenix.

Even if it didn’t seem possible, he turned even deeper shades of red and started to stammer: “I… I… I don’t know what you mean.” His eyes were frantically wandering all over the room without any clear goal in mind.

Ivory's smirk only grows in intensity as he witnessed his reaction. “Oh, come on now, you know what I mean. I might spend a lot of time in my lab, but basic social interactions are not beyond me. Even I am capable of noticing it.”

“I… You… I mean… On a completely unrelated note, what is your opinion on this magic of friendship stuff? Ridiculous, or actually has some merit to it?” He had put up his most sheepish of grins and was internally being that he would take the bait.

Ivory sighed but ultimately relented and returned: “Well, the idea that the bonds between humans could create magic at first sounds poposturus, but it might actually hold up to scrutiny. We had several cases where magic affected the mental state of the user. That the opposite might be possible is actually not outside the realm of possibility. Still, I have to research this particular theory for a bit.”

“So, if you want to research this ‘magic of friendship’ what are you gonna do with the girls? They are the only ones that have experience with this kind of stuff. You are not going to keep them around and performed inhumane experiments on them, will you?” He nervously looked at Ivory, who just looked rather annoyed back at him.

“Sometimes I wonder if people just watch too many superhero movies. No, I will not break the law and keep these girls as test subjects. Seriously, what are you even thinking of me? I’m not a mad scientist, I’m a normal one. I know it is hard to believe, but not everything is like in your little comic book world with supervillains and heroes. We live in a perfectly normal world where people act like normal human beings,” he replied back with a rather agitated tone.

Phoenix just snickered and returned: “And you say that to the superhero who is currently dealing with a monster attack basically weekly. Oh and the one that is currently hunting a supervillain.”

“Point taken, but to come back to your original question. My plan is to ask them if I can run some tests on them, completely voluntarily. With how much Miss Sparkle seems to be interested in a talk with me, this shouldn’t be too hard. And I’ll keep the ‘geodes’ for a while as well. I’m interested if they are fundamentally different from other magical artifacts. And afterward, we will decide if we can give them back since I would like to study their effect on the subjects for a prolonged period of time,” his expression had filled with glee and anticipation, rubbing his hands together while he spoke.

“Don’t let Shining hear you. I think he won't appreciate it if talk about using his sister as a guinea pig. Just saying.”

The scientist just huffed and returned: “Oh, I’m well aware of this. I’m not stupid. I know who to talk to about what. And with the new laboratory that is going to be ready next week, I can finally work in an acceptable environment again and I can stay as far away from officer Armor as possible, so I don’t have to be careful around him.”

A look of confusion crossed Phoenixes faces: “Wait, I only heard about the new buildings recently. How can it be that it is already near its completion? I know the MRG is good, but this takes the cake.”

Ivory smirked back at him and smugly replied: “Oh, not only the laboratory but the local headquarters as well. Both ready within the next week. And you would be surprised how fast you can make something like this happen if you use already existing buildings and just modify them. Also helps that we already started the process before you even became active. This area was too interesting to just let unexplored, you know.”

“Makes sense. So, you don’t mind giving me the addresses of the new buildings? I would rather learn it from you guys then come here and ask for directions,” he sheepishly smiled at Ivory.

He in return just sighed: “Just ask Ocean, she’ll be very willing to help, I’m sure of it. But one thing, don’t visit me, like ever! I can finally concentrate on my work again and I don’t want someone like you to interpret my research. Did I make myself clear?”

“You know, I’m starting to think only Ocean is a nice person here.”

“Did I make myself clear?” He repeated with growing intensity.

“Yeah, yeah sure. I’ll just visit you when Ocean insists on it. Understood, you don’t like me, I get it,” his voice growing rather agitated.

“I wouldn’t call it disliking you, I just prefer to be uninterrupted when I work. You are, how do I put this? Oh, right, bearable is the word I was looking for. It could be so much worse.”

This had taken him somewhat by surprise. “Thanks? I guess. Maybe you aren’t as bad as I thought. Maybe you might actually like me one day.”

“Don’t push it,” he coldly replied.

“Sure,” he chucklingly replied.

“Ah, it seems Ocean is finished with her interrogation. We should probably stay a bit longer so the girls don’t figure out your identity.”

While Ivory had spoken Phoenix had pulled out his Driver and one of the Magic Disks. “Yeah, about that. I wanted to speak to the girls again before they are going to be occupied again for awhile, so to say. You don’t mind do you?”

The scientist stared at him for a moment. “I thought you wanted to keep your identity secret? Or do you want to… No, not in here!

But it was already too late to stop him. “I would step back a bit.” And right thereafter he had equipped the Driver, placed the Magic Disc inside it and started to spin it. Ivory jumped to the edge of the room as quickly as he could.

\ MAGIC DISC DETECTED! /

Henshin!

\ WIND DISC ACTIVATED! /

After he had finished his transformation he had dawned his emerald green armor, now standing in a room that had been consumed by utter chaos. Papers lay around, the chairs and tables lay on the floor and worst of all Ivory were glaring at him with completely windswept hair. “You imbecile! Why didn’t you think for a moment before you did this? I could have gotten you a broom closet or something more subtle, but no you had to make a complete mess out of this room.”

Yeah, sorry. I didn’t think too much about it. Just thought, this wouldn’t cause to much trouble, should have waited for your ok, he sheepishly rubbed the back of his helmet with his hand and stared at the wall, avoiding Ivory's glare.

“Breath Ivory, breath,” he muttered to himself. “Just think about the laboratory and all the experiments you are going to make.” After a short while of heavy breathing, he continued. “What are you still doing here? You already are transformed, so go out there. Don’t look at me like that, what done is done, at least use it.”

He stared at him for a moment and then rushed towards the door, not without shouting back: Thanks, and I’ll make it up to you! And with that, he slammed the door shut behind him, nearly catching his scarf in the door.

“Uh, Kamen Riders. Why can’t they just act like normal people? They are driving me nuts,” he sighed and started to pick up the pieces of paper that had been scattered throughout the whole room. “At least he didn’t do it intentionally, I think.”

>-------<A>-------<

Outside Phoenix nearly run into Ocean and just managed to stop merely centimeters before her, she staring him right into his red bug eyes with a rather confused look in his eyes. He, in turn, looked back, both standing there awkwardly for a few seconds.

Hey Ocean, I see you are finished with the interrogation.She awkwardly nodded back at him in return. You wouldn’t mind if I talked to the girls for a moment, now would you?

She continued to stare at the Rider for a few more moments till she flatly replied: “Sure, why not? Just don’t make it too long. We are on a schedule here.”

Thanks, Ocean. You are the best. And with that, he walked past her and towards the girls.

“Thanks, I think,” she replied with uncertainty in her voice and just kept staring at where the Rider had been mere moments ago.

Hey girls. Nice to see you. Hope the Ocean and Shining weren’t too rough on you, he waved at them, they all seeming somewhat perplexed by the sudden appearance of the Rider, all three just shaking there heads. Fantastic, you wouldn’t mind if I talk to you for a moment? Before the girls even had any chance to react he already continued: Great, I just wanted to thank you girls for the help. Really, I’m impressed that you didn’t just run away from the Corrupted when you saw it.

After a few more seconds of awkward silence, Rarity was the first to speak up again: ”Oh, thank you darling, but we really didn’t do much.”

Oh, don’t sell yourself short. You really helped us out. You can be proud of that.

This was when Fluttershy weakly returned: “I… I’m sorry I couldn’t help.” Her gaze had wandered towards the ground.

“Oh darling, you did everything you could.”

Exactly. That you didn’t run away and stood by your friends, this in and of itself is impressive. I don’t know many people that would stand by their friends whatever happens.She slowly shifted her gaze over to where her friends and Alchemy were standing. And besides that, if you are really connected to the previous magical incidents in the city, I have to thank you twofold. He pulled out the Flame Disc and showed it to the girls. Because if I never heard of the magic in this city I never would have come here and if that were the case I would never have become a Kamen Rider, so thank you, girls, really.

Twilight immediately stepped closer and examined the Disc thoroughly. Alchemy just staring at her, unsure of how to react as he heard the voice of Fluttershy again. “Thank you. I’m glad we could help.” Her voice now sounded a lot less stressed and timid, a smile having replaced her unsecured expression from before.

No problem. But judging from how officer Armor is looking at me I think I should let you back to whatever he wanted to do with you… That sounded worse than it actually is… I think I’ll just leave. See ya!With that, he slowly stepped away from the girls, who looked at him either with shocked or confused expressions and was about to hush into a broom closet to turn back as Ocean reached out for him.

“Hey Alchemy, I wanted to talk to you for a moment. Officer Armor, would you please get these girls to my officer?” Shining nodded I return and lead the girls down the hallway, all while keeping an eye on his sister in particular.

Before he could answer Ocean had opened the door to behind him and shoved the Rider into the room. The room was small and with the two of them in it, they were nearly pressed against each other. Sure Ocean, why not? But are sure that this room is small enough? We could look for a looker if you want.

Oceans face turned red as she replied: “Yeah probably should have checked beforehand what kind of room this was. Sorry,” she chuckled rather embarrassed, pressing herself as hard against the wall as possible. “So, the thing I wanted to talk to you about is I… I’m sorry.”

What? For what exactly? Confusion was carried in Phoenix voice and he tilted his head slightly.

She shifted her gaze towards the wall, avoiding to look into his glowing red eyes. “For screwing up today and for Thunders restaurant. If I hadn’t failed he wouldn’t be in this situation and we would have caught the Corrupted. I’m so sorry.” Her voice was relatively low and devoid of her usual confident tone.

You don’t have to. Really. We all screw up from time to time. I had my fair share of screw-ups as well. The only thing you can do is suck it up and don’t make the same mistake again,he flatly replied, to the utter shock of Ocean.

“What do you mean? Are you not mad? Why?” In complete confusion she looked at the rider, trying to piece together how he could react in such a way.

Well, next time you just don’t do it again. Just learn from your mistakes. What else can you do? It’s normal to fail on occasions. But besides that, you have been very helpful. I should thank you instead of receiving an apology. Don’t sell yourself short.

“But… but there are people that don’t screw up or at least turn failures into successes. How can you be ok with me failing?” Now her voice was growing louder and more secure.

Don’t be ridicules, everyone screws up. No exceptions! As long as you make an honest effort to improve and give your best, there no shame in failure,Alchemy replied, his voice sounding rather subdued.

Ocean remained silent, staring at him for a few moments until she finally replied: “Ok. If you say so. Thanks.” Without much more, she slowly opened the door, slipped out of the closet and closed it behind her. Phoenix stared after her in confusion for a few seconds afterward.

What was that all about?He asked to himself with a rather confused tone. After what he had regained his composure he removed the Disc from the Drive, turning back into his civilian form.

After this, he started to stretch himself, as best as he could in the rather cramped closet. “Ah, I have never felt better. Strange, usually I'm always rather spent after transforming.” After he glossed over the Magic Disc in his hand he started focused on it. “Could it be?” Then suddenly the events of the morning came rushing back at him, his grip on the Disc tightening. “Well, this could be useful. I won’t let something like this happen again!” He growled in a low tone.

He stood there for at least a minute, staring at the Disc, then quickly put it back into his pocket. He slowly and carefully opened the door to the closet and peeped his head out. After making sure no one was around to see him leave he slowly exited the closet and walked down the hallways of the police station.

>-------<A>-------<

The waitress was carrying a plate with six coffees and a hot chocolate to a table with seven girls. Three of with were some rather tired Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy. The previous night had been rather long, the questioning about all their adventures had taken until way past midnight and drained the three girls. As the waitress put down their respective cups they immediately grabbed onto them and let them trickle down their thoughts.

“That bad?” A girl with orange skin, blond hair and a massive cowboy hat asked looking at the three with a raised eyebrow.

Rarity quickly slammed down her cup and stared at her. “Yes, Applejack! I lost my beauty sleep thanks to this… This nonsense! And now look!” She pulled down her sunglasses she had decided to wear and pointed under her eyes. “Look at these dreadful eye bags. If anyone sees me this way my reputation would be ruined!”

“Aha, to be honest Rarity, I don’t see anything,” Rainbow replied with a rather confused look on her face.

Rarity quickly pushed the glasses back up and returned in shook: “Ah, of course, it is bad. I dare you don’t tell this to everyone. I have to change my sleep-schedule around three hours today to counteract this travesty. You know how much time I will lose?”

“Three hours?” Rainbow flatly replied, sipping on her own cup of coffee. Rarity simply gasped for air, struggling to say anything.

But before Rarity could go on another of her tirades Sunset Shimer turned in and asked Twilight: “So, what exactly did you tell them?”

After drinking the last drop from her cup she calmly replied: “Well, we told her everything, well expect any mention of Equestria. I don’t feel comfortable with telling them about it.”

Sunset nodded in return, letting off a sigh of relief. “Thanks, Twilight. I don’t think telling them about the magical land populated by ponies would have been the best course of action. So what did you do about the second Twilight?”

“I… I just said her name was also Twilight Sparkle. She was rather surprised at first but just accepted it after saying something along the lines of: ‘wouldn’t be the first time I meet someone with the same name’. Still, I don’t think she believed me entirely. I just let out any other instance when Equestria was involved.”

While they spoke a young man with light purple skin and purple hair just paid for his coffee and walked towards the door. Meanwhile, a small white bunny was looking around the small diner when his gaze fell on the man. The eyes of the bunny started to squeeze together and he hopped out of the backpack that was laying next to Fluttershy on the bench, in his mouth a red and black carrot.

“Ui, ui! Did you ask them if they have any super-secret techno stuff lying around? Or some classified alien ships? Oh, oh why not sentient toy cars?” All stared at Pinkie in bewilderment but before anyone could ask Pinky already added: “Oh, and Fluttershy, Angel just went outside.”

The usual rather timid girl immediately looked in the direction Pinkie had gestured and jumped from the bench. She just caught a glimpse of Angel slipping through the now closed door. “Oh, no Angel.” Without wasting any time she stormed after her pet. The moment she rushes through the door a bright red light started to blind her. As the light subsided the monster from yesterday stood before her and right in front of a young man, who had fallen his but in utter shook.

Her friends now reached her and, just like she, stared at it with expressions of utter shock. Sunset was the first to regain her composure and reached for her necklace, letting a bright red light envelop her. After it had subsided she now wore an outfit composed of red and yellow, black pants and golden boots.

Twilight was next to reach for her necklace but just grabbed nothing. Realization soon hit her that she had left her geode at the police station. Panick quickly grabbed ahold of her, until an idea hit her. While her other friends, minus the Rarity and Fluttershy, were engulfed in bright light, she pulled out her phone and started to look for one particular number. “Hello, Shining Armor, we kinda could use your help…”

>-------<A>-------<

Not five minutes later police sirens could be heard in the distance. The four other girls had in the meantime kept the Corrupted busy, Pinkie throwing whatever she could get her hands on at the monster, the moment her projectiles touched it, a pink explosion consumed the monster, sadly it didn’t seem to much more than annoying it. Meanwhile, Applejack was just tossing everything that wasn’t nailed down at the Corrupted, to much the same effect as Pinkie. Rainbow was trying her best to save any civilians that could get in the crossfire with her super-speed. And Sunset and the other three girls were currently keeping the young man save and hiding behind the corner of the diner.

As they finally heard the sirens of the ever closer coming vehicle all of them sighed in relief followed up by a second sigh as they saw who was on top of the car. Alchemy was kneeling on the roof of the vehicle and aiming with his bow at the Corrupted. As he let go of the bowstring an emerald green arrow made out of pure energy whizzed towards the monster and hit it right in the shoulder, staggering back from the impact.

After he had fired his shot he jumped off the roof of the car and slowly descended towards the ground, the car he had just jumped off of screeching to a sudden halt.Hey Bunny, are you stalking these girls or do you just have really bad luck? Fourteen just screamed at the newly arrived Rider and stormed towards him. I think we’ll take it from here girls. Thanks for keeping him occupied. With this he jumped back up into the air, firing his arrows at the Corrupted as he passed it from above.

\ SCANNING CHARGE! /

Henshin!

\ 50, 80, 100! FIRE CHARGE! /

While Alchemy was bombarding the Corrupted with arrows Ocean had stepped out of the car and transformed into her Fire Charge Form. The moment Fourteen looked at the unexpected sound she was already rocketing towards him with her boosters, clocking it right into the jaw with enough force to let it stager backward.

Without wasting any time she quickly followed her attack up with another punch straight towards the monster's chest, supported with her engines, letting the Corrupted tremble back. Her barrage continued, letting several more punches rain down on her opponent until the stone breastplate of the Corrupted cracked and steam erupted from the crack.

Before the steam could cloud her vision she jumped back and out of reach of the Corrupted. Another arrow struck the monster before it could attack again, letting out a deafening raw that let the girls clutch their ears in pain.

Alchemy, I think that is enough! Switch!Charge screamed towards her fellow Rider who had taken up position on one of the rooftops and was aiming right at their opponent.

Got it! he screamed back and let the last arrow lose on the Corrupted, landing dead center on his head, the beast landing on his back, the street under him starting to steam and melt. His bow turned back into its Disc-form and he jumped right next to the Corrupted. The next thing Alchemy did was to switch the Disc in his hand with the orange Disc and placed it into his Driver.

\ EARTH DISC ACTIVATED! /

After the transformation had occurred he had just enough time to counter the incoming attack of the Corrupted with his own punch, both fists meeting halfway. To everyone's surprise, the fist of the Corrupted was pushed back and Alchemy followed up with another attack right towards the already cracked breastplate, sending the monster stumbling back in pain. Meanwhile, Alchemy was shaking his smoking hands, more or less ignoring the Corrupted to cool down his hands.

The Corrupted, on the other hand, had regained his footing and was now readying himself for an attack. Alchemy manage to catch the movement of his opponents, quickly removed his Earth Disc from the Driver with his still fuming hands and held it out in front of him.

\ Earth Disc Attack Mode! /

\ Boulder Shield! /

After the bright orange light had subsided he held a yellow-orange shield in his hand. It was circular and had its Earth Disc mounted in the center of the weapon. But he had no time to actually inspect his new weapon as Fourteens fist slammed right down on the shield, forcing Alchemy on his knees. While the shield withstood the enormous heat the Corrupted emitted it did not shield its wearer from its effects. Slowly the Rider was being cooked in his own armor.

On another part of the battlefield, the young man finally started to relax as he witnessed the arrival and apparent superiority of the Kamen Riders. “Puh, thank goodness the Kamen Riders are finally putting an end to this stupid rabbit. What have I done to get constantly jumped by this stupid thing?”

At this moment something in Fluttershy's brain just clicked into place. “Wait, what do you mean with constantly? Wait! You are the thief that stole my backpack yesterday!” The face of the thief suddenly turned rather pale and he was about to run off as he was jumped by the three other girls, pinning him to the ground. “And if Angel followed you then this means… Oh no!” Before any of her friends could ask what she was talking about she immediately run out on the street and scream desperately: “Angle, don’t!

Suddenly the force of the attack of the Corrupted grew less intense. This was all Alchemy needed, with one flick of his fingers, all over the body of the of the Corrupted emerald-green seals appeared and every single one of them unleashed a small whirlwind. With another shove, he pushed the hand of the monster back and threw the weapon straight for one of the seals. As the shield reached its target it produced a sound like it had hit solid rock and indeed the wind had cooled the flowing lava down enough so the shield could actually deliver a blow to the Corrupted.

When the shield bounced back he quickly caught it with his other hand and throw it back at Fourteen. Like, before the weapon let the monster stager back and raw in pain. The process was repeated two times, both accompanied by a deafening raw of the Corrupted. After he had caught the shield again he moved his hand over the Magic Disc mounted in the center of it and started to spin it. Earthen Buzzsaw!

The entire shield was surging with orange energy and as he threw it with all his strength towards the Corrupted it appeared like the edges of the shield turned into teeth. The moment the weapon made contact with the opponent it picked up in speed, letting a stream of sparks erupt from the Corrupted. After the weapon had ground itself deeper and deeper into the enemy, Fourteen was thrown back and landed on his back, groaning in agony. The shield immediately flew back to Alchemy who in return removed the Magic Disc from it and placed it into his Driver.

Bunny, you used the powers that were bestowed upon you to attack other people and destroy public property. By the magic that was bestowed upon me, I deem you unworthy of your powers and will now take them from you! With that, he started to spin his Magic Disc.

\ Earth Disc Maximum Power! /

As orange energy began to gather in his right foot he jumped up and started a continues front-flip. As he started to descend towards the Corrupted he stretched out his right leg and at the moment of the contact slammed it down hard on the Corrupted. The entire area was consumed by a massive explosion, as the smoke settled only Alchemy remained standing, in front of him a small little white bunny with a black and red carrot next to him.

You got be kidding me. We were manhandled by a damn bunny? He slowly and weakly said, staring in bafflement at the bunny.

Angle!” A voice came from behind him and in an instance, Fluttershy rushed past him and picked up the little bunny. “Is everything ok? Please wake up!”

He should be fine. Just a bit spend after the fight, he replies still somewhat confused by the whole situation. He slowly walked up to the two and removed the Fire Disc from his belt, pointed it at the carrot and absorbed the magic in it.By the way, thanks for the help. Without you, I would have been cooked alive and I would rather avoid that. Fluttershy just nodded and cuddled the still uncounted bunny.

I think we should clean up here. I’ll gather up the girls and our little animal friend, you can go back into the car and cool off a bit, Ocean jokingly replied.

Before he could reply he heard another voice calling out for them, it was Twilight and next to her three of her friends and a man that seemed somewhat familiar. “Can you take this guy with you as well? He was the one that stole Fluttershy's backpack the other day!” The man in question just smiled uncomfortably at them. Charge and Alchemy just looked at each other and chuckled.

>-------<A>-------<

After picking up the girls, the bunny and the thief the day basically went by like yesterday. After a questioning of the girls over the events of the day the four new ones were questioned separately from the other three. As their necklaces were confiscated Rainbow was the one that complained the most, but ultimately she had to accept that she was not winning this argument. Surprisingly Sunset was the one that was the most nervous. But ultimately everything went rather smooth.

Now the moon had risen over Canterlot City and Alchemy was riding through the illuminated streets of the city. Infront of him one of the scanners of the MRG he had received from Ocean. He was following a particular signal tonight, one he hoped he would reach rather soon. It had appeared five minutes ago and was even rather close. And since then he had raced through the city in an attempt to reach it in time.

Not far anymore, only one turn into an alleyway and he would reach his goal. He raced down the empty alley and finally reached the small park he had been trying to reach since the signal had popped up. The park was in rather bad condition, trees had been cut in half, benches trashed and scorch marks were scattered all over the park. And in the middle of it was a figure standing in front of an unconscious man that lay in the remains of another tree.

Two red glowing bug eyes stared at him from a distance as he came to a halt right at the edge of the park. It casually held a spear in its hand. The figure seemed to be clad in armor and wore a helmet with horns coming off from it. He would recognize this armor everywhere, it was his armor, the armor of Kamen Rider Alchemy. He slowly dismounted his motorbike and walked towards the person in armor: I finally found you…

Author's Note:

Well, that was the introductory ark for Earth Mode.

Like always constructive criticism and feedback are very much welcome.

PreviousChapters Next