• Published 15th Apr 2018
  • 3,561 Views, 138 Comments

Kamen Rider Alchemy - Layton13



Stray magic is running rampant through Canterlot City and people affected by it turn into dangerous monsters. But through the use of an ancient family heirloom a new hero tries to save the city.

  • ...
5
 138
 3,561

PreviousChapters Next
Tides of the Ocean - The Rejuvenating Rain

It hadn’t taken that long till Onyx had come to pick her up. As he finally saw her, he had to admit she had seen better times. Her dress was torn in several places, as well as completely soaked in dirt. Her makeup had been ruined, and the heals of shoes she had worn had broken off at the base. All in all, she looked awful, her rather agitated expression did not help in that matter at all. As she opened the door to the car, an awful stench crawled into his nostrils, bringing tears to his eyes. It reeked of spoiled milk, cat piss, and eleven-year-old pudding.

“So, where did you want to go? Your apartment for a quick bath?” He carefully asked her, Ocean slumping down on the seat next to him.

“No, as much as I would love that right now, we are on duty, and I don’t want to get distracted during that,” she returned, her eyes narrowing on the other end of the alley, her voice low and layered with a level of malice he was not expecting from her.

“Ok, if you say so. So, where should it go? You sounded so determined, do tell.” After he had raised an eyebrow, he had turned the engine back on, opening the windows in the back as well as activating the air conditioner on full power.

“The lab. I have got to talk to someone there, rather urgently, after that, I need a bath,” she sighed in a mixture of annoyance, relief, and anger.

“Well, we can agree on the bath part at least,” he chuckled as they started to move again, Ocean only giving him a look that told him more than enough.

>-------<C>-------<

The rest of their time spend in the car was filled with awkward silence and Onyx trying his best to ignore the horrible stench that was emanating from his subordinate, hoping to whatever was holly in the world that it wouldn’t remain in the car after she left. These were probably some of the most uncomfortable twenty minutes of his life as they finally arrived at the MRG lab.

“So, there we are. Are you sure you want to meet Ivory this way? I mean, you do…” he searched for the right word.

“I know I stink, but Ivory won’t mind. I think. He was on the same mission we encountered the magical skunk statue, we reeked like a mixture of socks that have been worn one-year straight, a dump and, well a skunk for over a month. I’m sure he will tolerate this after what we have been through,” she returned, her usual confidence and determination having returned to her. “Might still wear a mask though,” she added under her breath.

“If you say so. And I think I heard about that mission. Wasn’t it the one that got you promoted and in return let you lead a team?” Onyx smirked with a devilish smile as both of them exited the car.

“Yeah, it was. It is weird when the fact that you were caught in a magical skunk attack is not the most memorable or weird thing about a mission. That one I sure won’t forget so fast,” she sighed as they approached the doors of the building. It was located inside the industrial area of Canterlot City, next to a factory of the Rich Corporation and Change Industries. The building looked normal enough, big halls and made primarily out of concrete and steel, like any other factory in the area. But if you would take a step inside you would quickly realize that nothing was as it seemed, an insane number of cameras that covered every inch of the area, metal and magic detectors at every entrance and of course guards, guards over guards that were patrolling the entire compound. And this just qualified as a small lab for the MRG, the big ones were far away from civilization so even if something went bad it wouldn’t wipe out the next several towns in the area.

As they set foot inside the building and flashed their badges the guards immediately picked up on Oceans outfit, some making rather crude comments about her, that was until they noticed the smell that was coming from her, that shut them up rather quickly. “Admit it, that was partially the reason why you went here before showering?” Onyx whispered to her with a bright smirk on his lips.

“Maybe,” she innocently returned. “It is certainly a nice bonus.” Onyx merely chuckled in return as they continued their way towards Ivory’s lab, cameras keeping an ever watchful eye on them, something that let them feel at the same time save and uncomfortable.

“I would probably say something about paranoia if it weren’t for the fact that my job pretty much boils down to paranoia,” Onyx chuckled as he let his gazed wandered onto one of the countless cameras around them.

“Yeah, you complaining about it would seem a bit hypocritical, and it’s not like there isn’t a good reason for all of this. Wouldn’t want anyone stealing any dangerous experiment here, now do we,” Onyx returned with a heavy sigh.

“Yeah, we don’t need more stolen stuff,” Ocean nonchalantly added.

“Yeah, right, I don’t need another investigation right now. Tartarus is already a big enough throw in my sighed as it is, we don’t need another player on the board.” Before either of them could continue their conversation, they had reached a large white steel door, one that Ocean and Onyx only knew too well, the door to Ivory’s domain, his ‘Palace of Mind’ how he called it.

“Well, here we are, should I warn him or-“ Ocean didn’t even let him finish as she let her ID-card slide through the console next to the door, which quickly proceeded to slide open, revealing ivory’s lab behind it. The tubes and machinery still locking as foreign to her as ever.

“Ah, Ocean, Onyx, nice to see… What is that smell? Did you play around with that reached statue again Ocean? No, this is only half as bad, but still, you reek like a dump-monster had a child with three-year-old socks,” he muttered, holding his nose closed trying to wave away the stench that was emanating from Ocean, almost bringing tears to his eyes.

“Long story short, you could say I went dumpster diving. I don’t want to talk about it,” she grimaced.

“Dumpster diving? And I thought that was frowned upon in high society. So, I assume your little investigation didn’t go as well as you thought,” Ivory smugly returned.

“Well, yes and no. She is definitely part of Tartarus, but I have to beat her to get any information, so yeah, half and half really.”

“And that is why you are here, right?” Eyeing her with one eye while having his other eye focused on his tablet as he scrolled through his notes. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw her slowly nod. “Yeah, was not expecting anything else actually. So, you want the newest one, right?” She nodded eagerly. “It’s always the same with you agents, always wanting something, never really appreciating our work, and just wrecking what we have built,” Ivory trailed off, his eyes now completely focused on his tablet.

Ocean just stared at him, taken aback by his sudden tone-shift. That was until he started to snicker, first quietly, then it grew louder and louder until he couldn’t suppress it any longer and burst out into a fit of laughter, Onyx quickly overcoming his confusion and joining the scientist. “Oh, you should have seen your face, really, that was priceless,” he stammered, holding his side thanks to his laughing. “Ok, ok, I got it. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist. That was Phoenix idea, and it was just too good to pass off.”

“This little… Not even if I send him on a mission can I get away from his antics? Oh, he will regret it when he comes back, I promise you that,” she growled.

“Oh, I would gladly see that,” he added, a devilish smile crossing his lips as he spoke.

“Since when are you so buddy, buddy with him anyway? Last time I checked you were more annoyed than anything.”

“He isn’t that bad, at least shows interest and was actually willing to answer some of my questions on magic, at least what his family knows. Not much new, but a few ideas might actually be worth something. He was here with Shining a few days ago, when you were busy with Onyx, seemed to miss you, maybe a bit lovesick,” he smirked, much to the annoyance of Ocean.

“Oh, please, not you as well. I had enough of this for one day from Onyx already, so please just don’t right now. The day has been bad enough already, and I don’t want it to get worse. So, back to business, how far are you? Can you finish it in the next two day’s, preferably before I fight an elderly assassin?”

“Elderly assassin? That sounds interesting. With elderly, do you mean something like fifty, that is pretty old for an assassin,” Ivory was already lost in his thoughts again as he continued, scrolling through his tablet, apparently looking for something? “And that assassin beat you up or something like that? Would explain the smell.”

“Yeah, she has an artifact, a strange vail that turns her into something akin to a ghost, and to add to that, she apparently has power over the wind. Tartarus truly has some strange underlings,” she sighed as she leaned back on one of the tables, feeling extremely exhausted by the whole ordeal.

“Well, if you are as infamous as they are, you will eventually get equally impressive people behind you. And there are sure to be some, well, rather interesting ones in there as well. I’m actually sure that being interesting will only increase your chances in the gang,” he added, his eyes still glued to his tablet. “Ah, found it!”

“What did you find?”

“The artifact of course, again one of our own, well if your description is to be believed that is,” he handed her the small device, a picture of the vail on it.

“That’s it, you are the best Ivory.” Before he had any time to react, she had trapped him between her arms and gave him a long and drawn out hug.

“Ocean. Ocean! Would you stop it, you still stink like a three-year-old egg covered in mayonnaise!” Struggling to get her of him, he was helplessly drenched in the awful smell that emanated from his fellow agent. “You’re doing this on purpose aren’t you?” With a loud sigh, he ceased his resistance.

“Yeah, pretty much. A little bit of revenge, you don’t mind, do you?” She returned with a devilish grin. “So, any other jokes you would like to make?”

“There are a few,” she increased the strength of her hugs, pressing the air out of Ivory's lungs in the process. “But I don’t think that would be a smart move right about now.”

“Yeah, pretty much,” and with that, she released the pore scientist who quickly tried to brush off the dirt and smell. “So, what does this little thing say about our little artifact. ‘The Vail of the East’, or ‘5CHL3I3R’ recovered in Neighpone, apparently an old family heirloom of an old samurai family that was known for their impressive abilities in. The woman of the family would wear it in times of war, and use the magical properties of the item to give their fleet an advantage in battle. Huh, interesting seems to fit the abilities of the Corrupted. Oh, here is something about a legend connected to it, ‘The Lady in Black’. It seems there was once a traveling maiden that always wore this vail. She was known in all the land as ‘The Lady of the Four Winds’ thanks to her control over the air. Once a samurai of this family found out about her powers, he lured her to his house and let her be executed, claiming the vail for his own family. She, however, did supposedly curse his family that her ghost will forever haunt them till they are extinct, might explain the Ghost form of the Corrupted,” looking up after she had finished she saw Ivory had walked over to one of the tables, rummaging through his stuff.

“Where was it again?” He kept muttering to himself as he kept searching and searching. “Ah, here it is.”

“Hmh, so, you have it?” Ocean returned with an excited undertone in her voice.

“Yeah, got it. The Water Charger, one of my best yet. Want a quick rundown of the thing, or…” He was looking for the right word, his face forming several grimaces as he was searching the depth depths of his mind for the right thing to say “Or try to just go with the flow, or however, Phoenix would call it?”

She chuckled in return, taking the small device and quickly putting it in her Charger Holster that was dangling from her belt. “Even Phoenix knows that fighting without knowing what you can do is almost always utter suicide and only something you should do if there is no other option available, so do tell, what can Charge’s Water State do?” Smiling she stretched herself as she approached Ivory, who was currently tipping away at his tablet until a projector emerged from the ceiling, letting its contended be shined on the wall.

“Look and be in awe at my genius,” he boasted, Ocean merely lifting an eyebrow as Ivory stretched out his arms, completely lost in his delusions of grandeur, however, founded these delusions might have been. “The Water State is something the Charge System has been severally lacking until now. We have a speed form with Thunder State, a close ranged brawler with a good amount of agility with Fire State, Wind State is a ranged flyer, and Earth State is an unstoppable tank, but we are missing the element of surprise,” he chuckled a bit, much to the annoyance of Ocean.

“So, if you want Water State to be based on the element of surprise, how do you plan on doing it?”

“Oh, simple, I repurposed Fire States engines into something else. Mist, they now produce mist! For thirty seconds you can let the mist stream from them, blocking out the sight of your opponents, but if you use it up all at once, it will take you about a minute to recharge it.” He finished, all while zapping through pictures that showed the ability in action, all with cute little stick figures.

“Yeah, yeah, like with the rest, don’t let the energy run dry or you are sitting on a useless suit for double the time. You know that I have used the Charge System for a good amount of time now, I won’t make that mistake again, the one time my speed died on me was bad enough,” she sighed. “On another note, how are you expecting me to see when the entire battlefield is covered in the mist?” Eyeing him closely she waited for his answer.

“Oh, please, as if I would miss such a small detail. Heat vision. The fog is not hot enough for it to interfere with it, and you should be able to see where the enemy is. I also invested in more silent boots, so you don’t get noticed the moment you move. Any other complaints?” Ivory cocky added.

“Nope, everything is fine,” she returned only to let a devilish smile overtaker her lips. “Oh, there is one thing I still have a problem with,” and again without any kind of warning, she hugged him again.

“I hate you sometimes, you know that?” With a loud sigh, he let her just do as she pleased, which granted him a quick release.

“I like you too you old weirdo. What would I do without you?” She returned, in a far happier tone.

“Search for a new scientist?” Both chuckled at this, and even Onyx, who had remained remarkably quiet until now joined the two.

>-------<C>-------<

The two days had gone by like nothing and Ocean had made sure she would stand a chance this time, training and studying her opponent like a madwoman. Right now she was sitting on the passenger seat of Onyx car again, making her way towards ‘The Elysium’ like Sable had asked of her. This time this would not end like it had last time, she still had some of that reached smell lingering on her, and no amount of soap had managed to get rid of it.

“So, you think you can do this?” Onyx asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

“Well, if I can’t then where is the point in me being Charge anyway,” she nervously chuckled, her hands resting on her lap, eyes staring towards the floor.

“Oh, don’t say that. You are doing a great job as a Kamen Rider, so don’t worry, you will beat her. And if all else fails, there is still Monster. You did call him, right?” That earned him a look from his subordinates that didn’t need any further explanation. “Right, you did. Hadn’t expected anything else really. So, don’t let me down kid, take that old lady down and don’t feel bad about beating up the elderly, she did start this, didn’t she,” he chuckled, glancing over to the Ocean for a moment, still in the exact same position, her expression had not changed.

After a loud sigh, he continued: “Ok, Ocean, do you think an old lady like that could really beat you when you put your all to it?” She remained silent. “She probably couldn’t even beat someone like Phoenix and that guy is an idiot, with all due respect. If he could beat someone like that, then you will have no problem with this, right?” That actually let a small smile crept onto her face, at least for a second. “See, you’ll manage this. Ivory trusts in you, I trust in you, Phoenix trusts in you and that is all that you need. Don’t you have to be a shining example for your underlings?” Now that got him a smirk.

“Yeah, yeah! Exactly, what would I be for a leader if I would let that old hag beat me? If I would let that happen, I would never hear the end of it from Phoenix, and I can’t give him that satisfaction, now can I.” Her expression had shifted into a determined grin, her eyes now staring towards the horizon, or at least what you could see of it in the city. “I will win this and make sure we catch that traitor!”

“That’s the spirit!” Onyx chuckled a feeling of satisfaction and pried filling his body as he heard the young agent so enthusiastic. “Thank goodness you are back to normal, while I kinda found it comforting that you aren’t completely like your mother, seeing you like this hurt.”

“What do you mean, not completely like my mother?” Now Ocean was curious. Still, there was something she could not quite describe in her voice, was it fear?

“Well, Monochrome is an interesting case, if I say so myself. She has done many things wrong, like every one of us, but she is far more willing to let people be stepping stones for a greater goal. Every action she takes is calculated and planed through, but she is willing to sacrifice people for what she calls ‘the greater good’ and doesn’t see the deaths under her as her fault. Well, her methods works, but it’s nothing I very much agree with and seeing you not following her path is something that makes me quite happy. She is a good agent, but not one I very much respect,” he finished slowly as he continued his way through the streets of the city.

What followed was silence, for at least a few minutes, Ocean was again staring towards the floor, her expression showing someone who wasn’t entirely sure how to react. “Thanks,” she finally managed to get out, her voice weak and fragile.

The rest of their way there was filled with even more silence, no one able to even say the smallest bit. The atmosphere in the car was heavy, with every minute of silence it only grew more and more uncomfortable, threatening to suffocate both of them with its cheer presence. When they finally reached their destination both of them gave each other a look, one filled with doubt and nervousness and the excited the car, standing before them were two people they had been expecting.

Cerberus was the first to speak. “Ah, Ms. Skies, a pleasure to see you again. I hope you managed to get rid of this awful stench that was lingering the last time you were here,” he said, not even dropping his mask for a second.

“Oh, I did. But I’m sure Ms. Spirit here is somewhat disappointed with that, she did give her best that it would be as hard as possible,” she coldly returned staring at the woman next to Cerberus.

“Oh, I’m sorry for that, it was never my intention of letting you land in the trashcans, it was just an accident. I hope it won’t get between us, that would be terrible,” the older lady returned, actually sounding like she meant what she was saying.

“Oh, it won’t as long as the deal still stands. I win, you give me everything you know,” she gave back, almost sounding threatening, her eyes narrowing as she kept staring at the woman.

“Of course. I’m a woman of honor, I would never go back on one of my promises. But I will only keep that promise if you will fight me alone. I have no interest in that ruffian Monster that is currently waiting on one of the rooftops if I’m not mistaken, to join in.”

Everyone was silent, and it felt like the temperature had suddenly dropped by a few degrees as the two MRG agents kept staring at the members of Tartarus. “Oh, surprised? And I thought you would have guessed that we would know. The man is not that sneaky. It was quite easy to spot him, but I can’t blame you since I’m not alone here either. We are somewhat alike, there is nothing wrong with having a plan two sweety, as long as it won’t get between our little agreement,” while she spoke she stepped closer to Ocean gave her a little caps on her cheek much to Ocean’s shock. “Oh, don’t act like that honey, we will have a lot of fun now, so don’t worry and just let loose. I’m starving for a good fight. Ever since a few years back everything has just been so dreadfully boring and easy, you might be exactly what I need for a good final.” With that, she turned away from Ocean and walked away a few meters only turn around again and just stand in the middle of the street.

Before ocean could follow Cerberus held her back by the shoulder. With his low and growly voice, he said: “Do not hurt her. Beat her, fine, but if anything happens to her because of this, you will feel my wrath. She is an old woman, it doesn’t matter what she does for a living, you are going to be gentle.” Cerberus grey eyes stared right through her and almost like he was looking right into her soul, something that let a shiver run down her spine.

That was until Onyx broke up the contact between the two. “Listen, if you threaten my subordinates under my watch you are going to feel my wrath, so knock it off, got that.” The two hulking masses of man were now staring each other down, both with equally grim and serious expressions on their faces. Quite the unsettling image if she was honest.

“Don’t worry, I don’t aim to kill. I never do if there isn’t another way,” Ocean returned and continued her way towards Sable.

“Let me guess, he asked you to go easy on me?” She chuckled as Ocean nodded. “Knew it, don’t worry sweety, give it your all!” The moment she had finished hear vail started to glow and she transformed into her Corrupted form, hovering a few feet before Ocean.

“Well, then I shouldn’t let you wait any longer” And without wasting any more time she activated her Driver.

\ SCANNING CHARGE! /

Henshin!

\ 50, 80, 100! FIRE CHARGE! /

The engines all over her body sprung to life, and she rocketed towards her opponent and thanks to the rather short distance between them it actually resulted in the first hit. Her fist connected with Sabel’s chest sending the monster flying back several meters, however much to Charge’s dismay, the Corrupted managed to regain his balance rather quickly, hovering again over the ground. Not wanting to let her best chance go to waist she rushed after her, trying to repeat her success, however, this time she merely hit the air where she had been a few moments before.

Almost like a blanket in the wind Sable managed to dodge the every attack Charge was throwing at her, it would have been awe-inspiring if Onyx wasn’t rooting for Charge, but she just couldn’t get a hit in on the Corrupted that was seemingly always a step ahead of her, or simply as slippery as an eel. Charge had just rocketed towards her again, landing with her feet on the wall of one of the buildings that surrounded them, but instead of cursing and returning to the ground she used the wall to jump off from and rocketed towards her again, taking her off guard and raming her against the next best wall with a loud grunt of pain.

This was her chance, pulling her arm back she let it race towards her chest, letting another grunt of pain erupt from her. With the engine all over her armor, it didn’t take them that long till her fist slammed into her stomach again and again and again, every time letting her hear a louder and louder grunt.

Everything seemed to go fine until Sable managed to free her hand an with one wave blew the Rider off of her and right into the wall on the other side. “Well, seems you are actually giving me a good fight. That means I should too," she hissed and for the first time went on the offensive, hovering towards her with a speed that was honestly frightening. But Charge was not one to give up so easily and charged towards her opponent with full intend to pummel her into submission.

What Charge had however not foreseen was the fact that Sable could easily force her out of the air with nothing more than a simple hand motion and just like that she had managed to knock the wind right out of her, sending her to the ground like a tin duck. That didn’t stop Charge, however, in no time at all. She rocketed again towards her, this time just way closer to the ground.

Sable merely chuckled and with another wave of her hand and the following gust of wind managed to knocker her to the ground again, following up with two more swipes with her hand. Ultimately, Charge landed a good distance away from Sable, her entire body arching, she probably had several bruises all over it.

Just as she was about to send the next attack at her Charge quickly ejected her Charger form her Driver and switched it with something more appropriate for the situation.

Charge up!

\ 50, 80, 100! EARTH CHARGE! /

The moment the gust of wind hit her and tried to throw her away again, she was already clad in her new armor, standing firmly in the way of the attack, like a rock in the surf. Slowly she advanced, with every step she could feel the strength of the wind increasing, Sable seemed to be in a bit of a shock that she had not been simply blown away by her attack.

After the first few steps, she increased her speed steadily after a while almost running towards the Corrupted. About halfway there she removed her Charge Magnum from her waist and with one precise shot managed to shoot Sable right into the chest, letting her clutch the wound in agony. While this was happening, she rushed towards the distracted monster, and when the Corrupted finally managed to look up, she could only see how Charge grabbed ahold of her dress and with a devastating punch sent her sailing into the next wall and landing unceremoniously on the cold concrete.

Charge up!

\ 50, 80, 100! WATER CHARGE! /

As she looked up, she could see Charge rushing towards her, but now in a new armor, drenched in a deep abyssal blue with glowing red eyes she rushed towards her, around half way there something was streaming out from small little engines, similar to the one from her fire form. Within moments the entire alley had been filled by a thick mist, making it pretty much impossible to see beyond your own hand. With an annoyed groan, she waved her hand around, blowing away the fog, only to realize that Charge had disappeared.

A sharp pain in her side was the next thing she felt, turning around to just catch a glimpse of Charge that was quickly swallowed by the fog again. Seconds later she felt it again, this time from behind, another gust of wind revealing the position where the shoot had come from, however, there was nothing, and quickly the free space was overtaken by the fog again.

And just like clockwork, the next shot hit her, her side stinging like someone had stabbed her with an oversized needle. She started to wildly swing her arms around, trying to get rid of the fog, only to not find her time and time again, all while being peppered with shots. One after the other hit its target, letting her stumble back and scream in agony.

As she let herself sink down onto the ground she heard something from the fog, she just couldn’t make out where it was coming from.

\ Maximum Charge! /

Then it hit her, a dark blue energy bolt shoot right through her, then another one, and four more, each piercing exactly the same point on her body, leaving behind a bright glowing point on her chest, but she was in too much agony to care right now. The next thing she knew was that she was enveloped in a massive explosion, her monster form quickly fading away and her vail falling off her head. There she lay on the ground, beaten, Charge slowly stepping out of the dissipating fog.

“So, you beat me. Congratulations,” she weakly returned as she looked at two glaring red eyes that were staring down onto her.

Don’t speak, we can do this all later. You are probably going to fall unconscious any second from now, Charge returned, kneeling next to the beaten woman.

“Probably, but this exactly why we have to speak now,” she returned, her eyelids already growing heavy.

What? I… I don’t understand, retorted Charge, starting to sound worried.

“Our benefactor is a woman and does work for the MRG, but if you want to find more information on her search for Checkbook, he is the key.” She continued, ignoring Charge completely. “Thank you, for giving me one last fight I can be proud of…” With that here, eyes finally grew too heavy to hold open, and she slipped into the cold blackness.

The woman had slumped to the ground, unmoving. Charge deactivated her armor and tried to feel a puls, nothing, no breathing, no heartbeat, no nothing. “Sable? Sable! Wake up!” She screamed out, looking in shock at the lifeless assassin before her. “Onyx, call an ambulance!” Not even a second after she finished her commands she quickly began trying to revive the woman with mouth to mouth.

>-------<C>-------<

It was silent, dead silent, Onyx, and Cerberus next to her, both with a mournful expression full of regret, all three sitting a cold white room only furnished with a few chairs. She had failed, Sable was dead, and it was al her fault. She should have gone easier on her, right? No, she knew what she was doing, wasn’t she? She was willing to risk her life, she was an assassin after all? All these questions kept swarming in her head, but she couldn’t find anyone that really made here agrees one hundred percent with it.

That was until she was dragged out of her jumbled thoughts by Cerberus who was suddenly standing before her. “I should murder you right now, but you didn’t know. You did everything she asked of you, you tried to save her life like she was one of your men. I respect that, but whenever I look into your face, I see that of the person that took away one of my closest friends. I will give you this warning one last time, don’t get in our way, my patience has worn thine. If you ignore my warning, you will regret it, got it?” With that he left, a few nurses backing away from the grim looking old man that walked past them, ocean merely sighed in a defeated tone.

“You did the right thing. The entire time,” as she looked up this time instead of one hulking muscular man another one was standing before her. “Don’t worry about it. And if you do, don’t let it drag you down. You did all you could.” She nodded as he also left her.

Another fifteen minutes went by, Ocean finally ready to stand up and leave the hospital as she heard her handy ring. As she pulled the little device out, she evidently noticed the number and quickly accepted the call. “Hey Phoenix, how is it going? Shouldn’t you have called me yesterday already?”

“Yeah, that is a long story.”

Author's Note:

And with that, we have reached the halfway point of this story. Yay!

Thanks for all that have stuck with me until now and next time it's finally time for an upgrade.

Like always, constructive criticism is very much welcome.

PreviousChapters Next