• Published 14th Mar 2018
  • 429 Views, 4 Comments

Shadow insecticide - MoonshadowLuna330



The Queen of the Changelings and the King of Shadows have joined forces, to take over the Lunar Empire.

  • ...
 4
 429

Chapter 9, Mountain Ares

Chrysalis arose, her eyes were wide and her jaw gaping.

“How? Just… how?” she turned to Sombra who was shocked as well. Daybreaker couldn't even move, she was so shocked about what had just happened. She walked over to her partners, she cleared her throat and said, “Well, now we have to start from the bottom again,” her voice shook with disbelief. The changeling stamped her hoof. “Rrr! How could this have happened! We were so close!” she roared. Her wings buzzing with frustration.

“We shall get our victory yet, we have an idea. We have connections to Fast Track, we can trick him with a simple spell to be on our side.” Daybreaker came over to Sombra and the queen, reassuring them they could get their triumph back.

Shadowedmoon and Nightrainbow arrived at Mount Ares. The hippogriff guards greeted them with bows.

“How is Moonshadow, our mother, Fast Track, and Discord?” Shadowedmoon asked one of the guards.

“They are in the infirmary, we don't know much about your anatomy, or the anatomy of a draconequus. But we contacted Nurse Redheart to help,” the guard curtly said, and then looked sad. “Discord is…is not healing. He seems to have lost too much of his power and is dying,” he bowed his head somberly.

“Do you want me to show you two where it is?” The other guard asked, as he pointed a claw into the kingdom. Shadowedmoon nodded.

“Would you please?” she said, looking at the guard with a serrated smile. Shadowedmoon and Nightrainbow followed the guard through the kingdom up to the palace. They got sad stares and bows as they passed some folks. As they entered the infirmary, Luna and Moonshadow we're talking in the right corner. They were sitting up, but they looked frail.

Luna caught site of the newcomers and smiled warmly, “Nightrainbow, it’s nice to see that you have been released,” she said lovingly. Moonshadow nodded weakly, her eyes were still puffy and dull.

“It's a pleasure to be free thanks to Shadowedmoon here!” he pointed to his left at Shadowedmoon. Luna looked at the creature in surprise.

“I never knew that any good could come from such an evil creature, such as yourself,” she said, her voice still wavering with weakness.

“Thank thou for such high praise, Luna. But thou hast thy daughter to thank for that, the lady's did keep me on a tight leash and hath taught me some manners.” Shadowedmoon said, nodding at Moonshadow who blushed a bit as all eyes turned to her.

“Where's Discord?” Nightrainbow asked. Luna and Moonshadow looked at each other in sadness, then pointed at the other end of the room. Discord lay almost motionless on his hospital bed. The only movement was the very slow movement of his chest as he breathed. He was pale. His once bright chestnut fur, a now dull light bay. As Shadowedmoon and Nightrainbow walked over to him, he started to look worse. Pale brick red scales from his tail as well as pale green scales from his left hind leg littered the floor and bed. Both his horn and antler were cracked and pieces were peeling off of them. They looked in horror at him, tears rolling down Shadowedmoon’s cheeks.

“Discord?” she whispered, her voice broke from sadness. Discord’s eyes weakly opened, they were as dull as the scales on his tail.

“P…princess?” he managed to stutter out. Shadowedmoon shuttered at his weak voice. Her ears flicked back, as she heard a pair of rapid footsteps approaching. As she turned around, Queen Novo and General Seaspray were trotting in.

“I just got word that Queen Luna and her daughter were here?” Queen Novo said, out of breath. Luna and Moonshadow waved a hoof to them.

“Over here, Your Majesty,” Luna said.

“Luna, Moonshadow! What has happened?” The Queen and her General walked over to the bedside.

“King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, and Daybreaker. That’s what happened.” Fast Track awoke from the other side of Moonshadow. He moaned in pain, as his head pounded with a headache.

“Fast! You’re awake!” Moonshadow cried, happy to see that her friend was okay. General Seaspray and the Queen looked at each other in confusion.

“Pardon me, but. who are they?” The General said, stepping up to Fast Track’s bed. Fast Track tried to ignite his horn, but failed. Shadowedmoon walked over and ignited her horn, showing a vision of Sombra. She looked over at Fast, nodding at him to continue. He blushed and continued.

“This is Sombra. He’s the unicorn who took over the Crystal Empire some odd thousands of years ago. Luna here, as you know, had a bad time with a creature called the Nightmare. It split into two beings, a male and a female. Sombra is the result of the male. This is Queen Chrysalis,” Shadowedmoon changed the vision from Sombra looking over the crystal empire, to a vision of Chrysalis and her army of changelings. “She is the Queen of the changelings, her and Sombra have joined forces and have taken over both the Lunar, Solar, and Crystal Empires. I am one of Celestia’s Royal Right Stallion Guards, name’s Fast Track. When Sombra came to the Solar Empire, he…,” Fast hesitated for a second, tears filling his eyes. “He corrupted Celestia and she became Daybreaker,” his voice quivered, and tears rolled down his face, as he remembered that moment how he failed miserably to do his duty to protect his beloved queen. Shadowedmoon built up a vision of the flaming-haired mare, Novo gasped as the fire of the main flashed in her eyes.

“Dear me, Celestia, what has become of you my dear friend?” she asked, taking a step back. All of a sudden Discord seized up, his wings flew open. He balled into himself, shivering, and his teeth started to chatter.

“He's going into complete shock!” Nurse Redheart suddenly appeared at Discord’s bedside.