• Published 14th Mar 2018
  • 423 Views, 4 Comments

Shadow insecticide - MoonshadowLuna330



The Queen of the Changelings and the King of Shadows have joined forces, to take over the Lunar Empire.

  • ...
 4
 423

Chapter 1: The Wedding

Luna awoke upside down encased in some kind of transparent cocoon. Warm foul fluid surrounded her, she almost couldn't breathe, as she inhaled a tiny bit of the stuff. The fluid rushed down her throat and straight into her lungs. She tried to vomit because it tasted like a decaying mix of all sorts of magic and substance. However, she wasn't drowning, she realized. No, intoxicatingly disgusting as it may be. The fluid didn't cause her much discomfort, the Queen's eyes took it all in, below her was the hall of the Lunar Empire. Even from the awkward angle, she'd know it anywhere⎯that crazy ‘queen thing.’ She stood beaming with pride on the dias.

A hypnotized Nightspell was flanked on her right side, her name sent chills of disgust down Luna’s back. Queen Chrysalis, the queen of the bug-like changelings. Celestia was once in Luna’s place, hanging upside down like this. Moonshadow had gone to find the others; but Twilight and her friends, Cadence and her husband, were all missing, and now she was on her way to find Celestia. Luna knew this because her daughter, Moonshadow, was keeping her updated with a telekinesis spell.

“Chrisy, you WON’T get away with this!” the Queen of the Night’s voice was muffled but was still heard from outside the cocoon. The insects looked up, glaring at the moon queen. Their queen only chuckled in an echo-y tone.

“I am not alone this time!” she buzzed up to the cocooned Luna. “Some old friend of yours, who also has the power of the dark, is with me,” she purred as she caressed the cocoon. A loud bang of the door flying open startled the queens.

“Where is she?” A silver -armored, jet black unicorn stallion barged in, his scarlet red-tipped horn flaring with purple magic.

“Oh no, not Him,” Luna thought to herself. King Sombra, the dark shadowy monster who took over the Crystal Empire some odd thousand years ago.

“Ah, my lovely partner in crime! We were just talking about you!” The insect said, looking smirkly at Luna. Sombra walked right under the Cocoon and magically lifted himself up to it. His blood red eyes, with their neon green sclerae and deep violet flames of magic flowing swiftly from them, looked pissed at the cocoon. He repeated himself, as he roughly grabbed the cocoon in his hooves.

“Where-is-she?” he snorted. Luna only smiled.

“Where’s who?” she hissed. Sombra looked crossly at her, his eyes turning completely purple.

‘Your daughter, Moonshadow!” his deep booming voice echoed through the room. Luna was undeterred and kept the smile on her face as she said,

“I have no clue. Even if I did, why would I tell you?” The fluid sloshed around as she cocked her head. Sombra huffed in frustration and released the cocoon.

“She’s USELESS!” He yelled, as he came back down. His hooves clattering the ground as he landed.

“Yes, for now she is. Calm down, we'll get her to crack in due time.“ Chrysalis came down too and put her right hole-filled hoof around Sombra’s neck. He rolled his eyes and snorted.

“As if she'll never crack!” He stomped off to the dazed Nightspell. He looked at him, frustration filling his muscles making them flex. Chrysalis rolled her eyes.

“You’ve got to be patient!” She huffed, annoyed at Sombra. “You always let your anger get the better of you!“ The king mocked her, and said,

“My empire and I were banished for over a thousand years! Don't tell Me to be patient!” his armored hoof stomped the ground, as he glared at the insectile queen.

“Would you both just SHUT UP!” Luna snapped at them from above. “You sound like an old married couple!” She huffed and coughed as she inhaled more of the sludge. Both Sombra and Chrysalis glared at her, then at each other. But didn't say anything for a while.

Moonshadow had already gone to Ponyville and the Crystal Empire, none of her family and friends were there. Cadence and Shining Armor were missing as well as all their guards. When she got to the Empire, all the ponies were running around in a state of panic, due to it being night time all over Equestria as well as having their leaders being taken. The princess had to use her royal Canterlot voice, just so she could be heard. She reassured them that their rulers are okay and will return soon. As for Twilight and her friends, she asked all over Ponyville and no one knew where they were. Discord didn't even know where they were, he decided to come along with her,⎯for Fluttershy, of course.

“Whoever took Fluttershy, or wherever she is, we will find her!” he said, as he sipped on a cup of chocolate milk. Moonshadow only rolled her eyes.

“Fine, you can come. Might as well have the God of Chaos on my side.” She sighed and turned to toward the path to the EverFree forest. There was one pony whom she hadn't spoken with, Zecora. She trotted into the forest, as Discord followed, hovering above her.

“So, where exactly are we going?” he asked, filling his cup back up from a pink fluffy cloud.

“We need to see if Zecora knows anything about this. And if not, then we may need her help as well,“ Moonshadow said, igniting her horn as the forest had turned too dark to see. As they came to Zecora's cottage, a horrid smell hit the two. Moonshadow covered her nose with her wings.

“Zecora?” She knocked on the wooden door. There was a lot of clanging around before the door was slowly cracked open.

“Yes?” she looked at the princess in surprise and opened the door widely. “Princess! What prey tell do you come here for? To get here must have been a chore.” She looked at Discord and nodded. “Is he with you?”

“Yes, Discord is with me. I have looked all over, and I can't find Twilight and her friends. Have you seen them, or know what happened to them?” Moonshadow asked swiftly. Zecora only shook her head, and then took a step back to let them in.

“No, I'm afraid not. You must see what I have to show, in the mist we have a foe.” She walked over to a small bed and revealed Angel. Fluttershy's precious bunny friend. Both Discord and Moonshadow gasped as they saw him. He was covered in all sorts of black crystals; his eyes were puffy. He almost looked like he was turning into the crystal.

“What happened?” Discord asked, looking at the zebra in horror.

“I do not know, but this illness is slow. He's been in grave pain.” Zecora said, her voice quivering. The princess looked at Angel, and with realization, stepped back.

“Whoever this is, they have Dark magic.” Her eyes were wide with fear. “Thanks for all your help Zecora. I would invite you to come with us, but I can see you are busy taking care of Angel.”

“Indeed. Glad I could help,” Zecora bowed and opened the door. Discord walked out, followed by Moonshadow.

“No need to bow, you are my friend and my mentor. No need for it,” the princess said, and hugged Zecora before she walked out.

“What do we do now?” Discord asked, with worry in his voice.

“Now, now we go to the Solar Empire” Princess Moonshadow opened her wings and flew up and out of the thick forest.