• Published 14th Mar 2018
  • 427 Views, 4 Comments

Shadow insecticide - MoonshadowLuna330



The Queen of the Changelings and the King of Shadows have joined forces, to take over the Lunar Empire.

  • ...
 4
 427

Chapter 4: The power of dark, light, and chaotic magic.

Fast and Discord looked at what stood in front of them, it looked like the princess they knew, but it was taller. Its coat was darker, it's eyes had magic flames flowing from them. It laughed as the power from the crystals filled it's every muscle.

“Um, Moon-shadow?” Discord’s voice shook with terror. The room went silent as all the magic had been drained. The eyes of the new alicorn were closed but it's face was spread in an ear-to-ear smile. It started softly at first, but then rose to a full-on echoing cackle.

“Oh, the power! The – absolute - power!” The alicorn rose to her full height, wings outstretched. Her slitted eyes looked at Fast and The Chaotic God. Who sat trembling in fear.

“Moonshadow?” Fast walked up to the Prussian blue alicorn. He shook as he approached her, feeling the power radiating from her in waves. The alicorn looked down at him, her eyes soften as she realized who it was.

“Don't be afraid Fast Track. This is who I⎯we are. The other voice is Shadowedmoon's, or the Nightmare’s.” The voice that came out of the princess’s mouth was soft, but it scared him. It echoed with power, it sent chills down his spine.

“Y-yes Pr-princess,” he stuttered, his voice shaking. He tried to stand up straight but his legs were leaves. They shook, and he fell, a hot sea-green flame suddenly lifted him up. It made him shiver, he looked up at beautiful electric blue eyes. The dark alicorn had a dorky smile on her face.

“Boop!” She said, as she hit her nose with his. She started giggling as she kept him suspended in the air. He was still a little shaky, but he started to giggle as well. Discord came in to see what all the giggling was about.

“How could you leave me, The God of Chaos, out of all this fun?” He scoffed and put his hands on his hips. The alicorn looked at him, her pupils suddenly going smaller. She dropped Fast and he landed with a thud on some rubble.

“Discord, what a pleasure,” a deep purr came from the alicorn but was cut short.

“Don't you even think about it! He's a friend, not a toy, Shadowedmoon.” Their eyes rolled, as Shadowedmoon became annoyed at her other half's remark. Both Fast and Discord looked at each other, then at her, confused. Moonshadow and Shadowedmoon sighed and split into two alicorns again.
“We art Shadowedmoon. We art what hath becometh of the Nightmare.” Shadowedmoon introduced herself and sat down, still annoyed with Moonshadow.

“Yes, this is the other half I was worried about, but as you can see, we came to terms and will work together.” Moonshadow looked at Fast as she said her last words.

“Yeah right,” Shadowedmoon mumbled, glaring at Moonshadow.

“Then why did you stop her from finishing her sentence?” Discord looked at Moonshadow confused. Moonshadow sighed.

“She isn't exactly the Nightmare that was in my mother. She's different; the original Nightmare was split in two. One is in me, aka her. The other is in Sombra. They got twisted and turned into almost completely different entities. They are both still creatures of the night, but she's almost like a changeling. She feeds on what's called chi, it's the life energy that every creature has, but I keep her from killing whoever she feeds on, which results in her not getting completely fed. That's why I stopped her, she was looking at you as a meal Discord. The way she gets it is by touching her prey or kissing them. She can sense your Chaotic chi and wants it.” Moonshadow took a deep breath, waiting for them to judge her and walk away. Discord and Fast looked at each other, no one spoke for a while. Fast was the first to speak.

“Yikes! Well, those kisses better be worth it!” He looked at the girls in front of him. “But I won't leave you! I would never, well, unless you drain me.” He looked at Shadowedmoon, interested in this new part of his friend. Discord ran over and hugged both alicorns.

“I would never leave you! And to be honest, you would make a very interested pony with my Chaotic powers!“ he said, complementing them. Moonshadow looked shocked, then smiled.

“Really, you wouldn't leave us?” Tears of joy formed at the corners of her eyes. Shadowedmoon stood up and shrugged her shoulders.

“Well, we did knoweth the draconequus wouldn't, but wasn't sure if 't be true the red one would stayeth.” She said flatly. “This still doesn't worketh, if 't be true we art still not did feed. Thou may beest right, we needeth to worketh together. But yond eke cometh with sacrifice. Thou needeth to did let us feed and properly at yond! “The black alicorn looked at Moonshadow, her ears flat back. Moonshadow looked down.

“I don't know how I could let you,” she said somberly. Discord gave her a weird face.

“Let me handle this!” Discord said. He walked over to Shadowedmoon and kissed her. The demonic alicorn’s wings shot open, her eyes went wide in surprise. As Discord broke the kiss, a blue haze came from his mouth. Moonshadow saw Discord’s eyes turn a little pale.

“You give that back!” she shoved them apart, as she growled at Shadowedmoon. Shadowedmoon’s eyes glowed with the new power, she licked her lips and purred.

“NO!” Shadowedmoon tried to fling her other half away but couldn’t. Her lip quivered. “Wait, wherefore can’t we-”

“Move me? Because, when you agreed for us to become one and work together. You also let me be in control of both our bodies, even when we are separated. Now, give-it-back!” Moonshadow stomped her hoof and made the rubble shake. Discord grabbed the princess from behind and lifted her up and around to face him.

“She doesn’t have to. I gave it to her for free, in fact.” He looked at Moonshadow straight in the face. ” I refuse for her to give it back.” he said, triumphantly. Moonshadow glared at him, and Discord returned the glare equally.

“Ugh! Fine, but keep it to a minimum please!” Moonshadow huffed. She ignited her horn and Shadowedmoon and her fused together again. Fast looked at her in awe. She was strong⎯ stronger than he thought she was, and with this Shadowedmoon in her, she was powerful.

“Well, should we go and find Sombra and the insectile queen?” he spoke, still looking at the princess in awe. Moonshadow nodded and they headed off towards the Lunar Empire.