• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,358 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Needs Saviors - DashyJ



The Elements are the greatest power in all of Equestria right? But wtih no combat experience...

  • ...
5
 46
 1,358

Generosity

'Generous... All I have to be is generous...' Rarity thought to herself, as she walked with Celestia towards the medical wing of the castle. Rarity had this thought going through her mind during the entire walk with Celestia, not speaking a word. It made for an awkward silence for Celestia, but Rarity was oblivious to the situation before her. And rightfully so. Generosity is so easy to corrupt, Discord had seen to that. Envy was going to be in her hair the entire time Rarity was in the last parts of her training and she knew it.

Celestia looking to break the awkward silence that was relayed between them only seemed to deepen as she walked by several ponies, most of which were her servants. This wasn't what made it awkward though. Sure all of her personal servants feared and respected her beyond belief, but apparently not as much as with the Elements of Harmony. This was definitely new to Celestia. She was always the most feared, but also loved from all of her subjects. With one thousand years of almost COMPLETE boredom without her sister Celestia was malnourished of ponies knowing her on a personal level. She had thrived off of any negative feedback that she got. In a way she learned to like it. But now that she was losing it? She needed to go back to her family for that, not just the fear of her everyday servants and subjects. She finally decided to break the thick ice forming between them that Rarity was subconsciously creating.

"Rarity?" Celestia asked, as she tilted her head to make eye contact with her student (Well more like an equal at this point, even she didn’t' know it.) Rarity looked towards the sound of words, and realised she hadn't spoken a single word to the princess that day, regardless of the fact that she was personally escorting her to her destination.

"Oh! I am so sorry! I haven't spoken a word today! What is it Celestia?" She apologised with the up most sincerity.

A few servants looked towards the group. Sure they feared, respected and loved the pair more than almost anything, but to hear their princess being spoken too on a complete personal level was not something they saw every day. I was a revelation for many. Something that they were never to experience either.

"Doesn't it bother you that most ponies look at you in fear, and respect? Not just an ordinary pony?" Celestia asked with the slightest amount of irritance in her voice a she stared at one of her less respectable servants, as he stared with awe. He spent a little too long staring at Celestia's flank on days. He didn’t even bother to hide it either. That was just creepy, not the negative attention Celestia liked. "I know I wish I could be treated as a normal pony..." Celestia broke her piercing stare upon the servant looking the ground, who was now visibly nervous, and shaking now returning to his duties.

Rarity looked towards Celestia with a quizzical look upon her face. "Whatever do you mean dear!" Rarity exclaimed She had always dreamed of being awed and respected. Asides from the guards stares, as she walked past them, she really hadn't noticed the attention actually.

"I know it may seem nice now, but if you have lived as long as I have, It really gets old." Celestia had her eyes glued to the floor she hadn't expressed herself like this to ANYPONY other than to her family. "I just want to be treated like a regular pony again."

Rarity was extremely confused and yet she understood. On one hoof she was always In envy of Celestia's position of power and awe. Oh how she marvelled to be like that one day! But on the other hoof, she never thought it like Celestia had explained it. In a way it was like being treated like she invisible by her parents. Only just... you know over two thousand years more than what Rarity had experienced.

They both continued on the conversation each pointing out what they would like, or miss. By the end of their conversation, they had reached the medical wing of the castle and each pony had gotten their social desires off their chests. They were strangely now in high spirits. Rarity had even forgotten about Envy for a short while during the conversation.

The doctors, and engineers suited Rarity up, into the magical contraption Luna and Celestia created. Rarity only wore a set of black robes, as they channelled her magic to be stronger. She was the fortifier on the team, not to be on the frontline. And therefore it could be stylish. Rarity waited for the long process of her tech to be set up with a certain tranquility. She had no idea what she was to face. But she was ready. Now fully suited up with wires, sensor clothes, and magical sensors, Rarity gave the hoof's up to show she was ready. This was it.


Like Pinkie Rarity woke with a snap. Definitely not getting the beauty sleep she was after, but the dreamscape wasn't supposed to be easy! She was laying on her stomach on a stone cold floor, in an alleyway. No Pony was in sight. Rarity giggled. There once was a time where she couldn't even stand dirt, not even to save herself. In her mind she still screamed: Ack Dirt! Stay away!' But she wasn't as rupophobic as she used to be. Plus the robes she was wearing concealed the dirt nicely. The dirt stayed off her coat, and her robes were easy to clean. "Hmm I guess I should find out where I am..." Rarity thought to herself.

Where was she? The area was dark and dank. The sun looked like it was going to rise in a couple of hours. 'Two...' Rarity Thought to herself. She had to look up to see the sky. She was in a city of some sorts. Something like Trottingham, or Las Pegasus, maybe even Manehatten. This was too big for Ponyville, and too dirty for Canterlot. Rarity opted to try one of the establishment's to catch her bearings.

As she continued to walk through the dank alleyways, she still saw nopony. Not even in the streets. The only placed that seemed to be open was a rather uncouth place. It was a bar aptly named: The Spittin' Mug. Rarity would never go there on her own incentive, but this was important. She hoped to at least find one gentle colt among the group of ruffians.

Rarity entered the bar to see that two stallions were fighting, in the corner, on passed out on the floor, and the rest were either scattered across the room at separate tables, or at the bar stools each took a watchful eye on her. Rarity thought she would try the Bar first. The ponies being served really didnt look to be the kinds she wished to mingle with.

"Hey there purty lady." The bartender said in a deep and redneck voice. "What'll it be? You know it's on the house for you. I haven't seen such a good looking filly in a looong time." He said with a wink. "If you know what I mean." He said even more slyly. He was making a move on her.

"Pass." she simply said trying to get forward out of this conversation. "Might you gentlecolt's te-" Rarity was cut off by a voice behind her.

"We don't think you understand... A huge brown stallion to her right looked at her. He was almost as tall as Rarity was. but way thicker. Fatter too.

"Yeah!" Replied his skinny blue companion to her left. His voice much higher than the fatter stallion. "Your ours now..."

Rarity's eyes were wide with shock in what the stallions meant. No she was not going to let this happen. As they made their advance to her Rarity let out a shock wave spell smashing, shattering, crushing and electrifying basically everything in the room. All the stallions flew back and hit the wall. Falling on broken glass chairs and tables alike. The bartender seemed to get the worst of it. Glass lodged in the back of his skull, and neck.

She walked up to the fatter stallion who got up the quickest looking for a fight. "Your strong lady. But you need to be punished!" He said lunging forward to her.

Rarity saw it coming and slammed him to the ground with her magic, and had everypony at bay. He was the leader of this little thug group, and if he was being taken down, the others were going to back off. "Where am I?!?" Rarity shrieked to him inches from his face.

The stallion grinned and tried to go in for a kiss, but was soon matched with an unreal amount of pain in his nuts. "If you try that again you can kiss those good bye." She said coolly tightening her grasp with her magic making him scream in pain. "Now Where am I?!?!" She screamed once more.

The stallion was only able to reply in a much higher voice. "CRAZY BITCH! YOUR BUCKING CRAZY!" Rarity tightened her grasp even more. Starting to think that they may even pop. "AHHH MANEHATTEN YOUR IN MANEHATTEN JUST LET ME GO!" He screamed in shame before his gang. Sexism was more than likely a thing in their group.

Rarity's eyes went wide. She was in Manehatten.


The next day...


Rarity awoke in a nice cozy little bed. Looking out the window she needed to forget what happened last night. The sun was just passing it's twilight, so she had slept for about 4 hours. The welcoming aroma of eggs was certainly appealing to her in the morning. Earlier that night she managed to sweat talk a nice Pegasi famly into inviting her into their home after she emerged from the bar. Half the town must have heard the commotion she caused. And the story she told, certainly melted the couples heart, inviting her into their home for the night. She was sure to pay them back. Maybe even when she’s out of the dreamscape.

After breakfast, thanking them countless times, and gathering their names. She left the nice couples home. Skyhaven's husband Airloom looked like he was getting sick, so she left the couple before she felt like she was intruding.

As Rarity walked through the busy street of Manehatten she noticed many ponies were getting sick. 'Funny' she thought to herself, as she walked. 'They all have the same symptoms that Airloom had. The symptoms were deep red faces, almost constant coughing, and light-headedness.

Thinking this can't be a coincidence Rarity headed to the hospital. When she arrived there were royal guards standing in front of the hospital. As Rarity walked towards the guards they immediately noticed her as the Element of Generosity. "Hello miss Rarity." One of the guards spoke. If their superiors saw them speaking out of turn he would have crucified them, but they quickly learned that the Elements greatly outranked their captain. So to make nice with an Element was certainly a good thing. They had hear what they did in the simulations to their enemy's.

"Oh hello Private!" Rarity exclaimed. "I do say what is going on with all of the security around the hospital? Better yet have you noticed everypony being sick lately?"

The guard just stood there. He was going to be abandoning his post, but to a greater authority. His companion would have to cover for him for a few minutes. "You may want to follow me then."

Rarity gave him a confused look ad complied entering the hospital. Everything seemed normal, until they reached the second floor. What was there were ponies all different colors, but their faces were the same color. A deep red. They all seemed to be coughing much more than the ponies on the streets, so the guard and Rarity wore a surgical mask. Some ponies were even coughing up blood.

"The doctors say the haven't ever seen anything like it." The guard said as they walked through the hallways with sicker ponies as they went. "They are calling it a plague of some sort, but haven’t come with a name for it. So far twelve ponies have died. seven adults, and five children. No pony has been cured yet either. In the next room I will show you there is a family. They have had the Plague the longest and yet they don’t seem to die. Not yet anyways. The couple’s daughter seems to be fending it better than themselves. They have had it for about a week now."

When The guard and Rarity walked into the room Rarity's eyes were wide with shock and horror. There before them were three of the closest ponies she had in her life. And they were infected. The only soothing sounds in the room were the heart monitors that kept steady. No this couldn’t be happening. Not them! Rarity wanted to break down and cry, but she couldn't not like this in front of the sick and the guard. "Leave us." Rarity said in a very cold tone. It was the only way she could replace the sadness that dwelled with in her.

There before her, in the hospital bed the ponies she loved more than anything in the world were dying in front of her. "Rarity..." The two adults called simotainiously called her. She walked over. Right before she got there though, their heart monitors flat lined. "Jgkkhhh."

They were dead Rarity's parents were dead. She didn't even get to say good by.

But her sister was still alive. She still had Sweetie Bell.

"Rarity..." She called weakly. "I... I wa-"

"Shhh Sweetie. I know." She said with tears in her eyes. "Im here to help."

"But I overheard the doctors! They said there was no hope for us! How are you goin to help?" Sweetie exclaimed weakly. She knew that the doctors couldn't help her. But she hoped her sister could. Sweetie was now in tears, resting on her sisters shoulder hugging her as tight as possible.

Rarity had to think long and hard. How can she help her sister? She didn’t want to catch the disease herself, and yet if she were to die, she couldn't be happier to die by her sisters side. "I-I don't know Sweetie." In truth she knew a way, but it wasn't going to be easy. "I love you Sweetie you know that?" Rarity couldn't take it anymore she was now in tears. The thought of her one and only sister that she loved more than anything dying in her arms was too much.

"I love you more than anything, you know that?" Rarity asked Sweetie, as they sobbed into each other’s shoulders.

"I love you too sis..."

Rarity had stayed there until Sweet had cried herself to sleep. She didn't notice it, but she had drawn a crowd of about fifteen doctors and patients alike. All carrying sympathetic looks on their faces. most of them crying themselves. Seeing Equestrian’s greatest weapon in such a vulnerable state was heart touching.

Rarity just sat there, for minutes. Nopony dared move for a long time, until Rarity curled up into a ball on the floor and fell asleep beside her dying sister.


There the sound was again. That dreaded flat pitch that carried instant grief. But a bleep made Rarity’s heart skip a beat as she was beside her sister in a second. Her eyes were wide with fear. The doctors were doing all they could to keep her alive, but nothing seemed to work. Sweetie’s heart was slowing down, and fast. She only had a few minutes before she was gone.

"Doctor may I try something?" Rarity asked, as she left the room with the main doctor. It was rhetorical though she was going to do it no matter what.

"Yes. At this time we are fresh out of ideas, and are accepting all kinds of ailments." The doctor said in a depressed state. She looked like she hadn't gotten any sleep in days.

"Thank you doctor." Rarity said as she walked in on her dying sister. She was in a coma, and in her state she had very few minutes before she was gone.

Rarity ignited her horn, and used her tendril spell. But this time she wasn't feeding off of enemies or other forces of nature. No now she was feeding off of herself to save her sister. To save her sisters life Rarity risked hers. The spell started to drain her massively. She was weakening b the second and she could feel it, but none of that mattered she was going to save her sister. After five minutes of draining herself Rarity saw that tis wasn't going to be enough. She needed something more. She needed to gie her own life force to save her sister. The room was filled with purple light as the doctor's watched in awe, never before had they seen something like this being done. Rarity had completely enveloped herself in her magic along with Sweetie Bell.

But just as Rarity was about to give her last scrap of strength and power in her body something pushed back at her. Causing her spell to falter, and fall. She fell to the ground along with her sister luckily Sweetie was over top of a bed.

When Rarity recovered she saw her sister staring at her manically. No that wasn't her sister! her sister was sitting in the bed! It was Envy. It was but an illusion of her sister. "Hello Generosity..." Envy's words dripped with poison. "You may have stopped the little plague that I was, but Now I am going to kill you!"

"Rarity just stood there and did nothing. All that was on her mid was the fact that her sister was alive. She could feel it. By then the Element of Generosity had appeared around Rarity's neck.

"Miss Rarity your neck!" Said one of the doctors in disbelief.

"QUIET FOOL!" Envy screamed as she lept towards the doctor to break his neck. But before Envy could place her hooves on the doctor Rarity had her in her Elemental grasp. She wasn't using her magic. No she was using her Element. She had learned her true power.

"I don’t think so Envy." Rarity said as she brought Envy to her face. "You plagued my family, you killed my parents! You caused everypony this grief and for nothing. That was selfish, and I am going to do the opposite of that." Rarity paused for dramatic effect, and whispered in her ear. "Im going to do it with you..."


Rarity awoke with another snap. She had learned her true power! But that really didn't matter to her right now. What mattered was seeing a certain special family.

Author's Note:

A VERY special thanks to Someguy987, in which he helped me get this chapter off the ground. All I really needed was a little push in the right direction. A solid opinion, and that’s what he gave me. When I was writing back to his comment his idea (and some of mine) slammed me like a pissed off defensive lineman. Though he probably didn't intend to give me the idea he did, I still hope it’s well worth it. Just a heads up there is some swearing in this chapter. I don’t now what you guys think of it, since I never really included that in the story before.

Rupophobia is the fear of dirt by the way.

Oh and once again: DEAMCEPTION