• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,355 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Needs Saviors - DashyJ



The Elements are the greatest power in all of Equestria right? But wtih no combat experience...

  • ...
5
 46
 1,355

Is It Really A Peaceful Morning?

Twilight woke up a few hours later. Her dream still stuck to the back of her mind like glue, but the disturbed feeling had gone some time earlier in the night.

The sun seemed high in the sky, telling her it was late. She conjured another clock to check what time it was, surely enough it was already sometime in the afternoon. "Ah hay" Twilight remarked as she saw that she had slept through the entire morning, and part of the afternoon.

Her thoughts were stopped by the sound of her stomach growling, pleading to be fed. "Heh" Twilight giggled to herself "I guess I need to eat." So Twilight got out of bed, and headed downstairs to get some lunch.

"Morning" Twilight said sheepishly as she noticed Spike impatiently waiting for her in the kitchen. "I guess you’re kind of hungry, huh Spike?"

Spike just glared at his friend. 'Probably more of a venomous glare than she deserved.' Spike thought to himself. But he was HUNGRY. And keeping a Dragon from food is not a good idea, even a baby dragon. Spike laughed as he thought back to the 'Great Dragon Migration'. He remembered some of the teenaged dragons and how they would hide food away from each other. He cringed at the thought of when the red teen leader dragon mauled his smaller friend because he hid his emeralds from him. He knew that the dragon was going to have those scars permanently, and will have difficulty’s flying for the rest of his life.

But his thought train was derailed by the scent of Twilights cooking. Cooking came naturally to the unicorn since the two moved to Ponyville. "Hash browns will have to do for an apology" mumbled Spike as he walked his way to the table.

Twilight had already set Spike's plate down at the table, and was well on her way to making her own meal.
They ate mostly in silence until Spike finally brought up the elephant in the room.

"Twilight?" asked the now full and happy dragon.

"Yes?" She replied a little nervously.

"What was with the screaming in the night?" He asked getting a little nervous as well
.
Twilight paused, eyes wide with horror, starting to glisten with tears.

Spike knew what this meant, and it never ended well. Normally whenever this happened she was having nightmares, and that lead to 'late night studying' as she called it. But he knew her better. She was 'studying' to stay away from sleep. Every pony hates nightmares, but Twilights were always very vivid.

"You should really write to the princess about this Twilight" Said the very concerned baby dragon.

"NO!" She shouted, but quickly regained her composure. "Besides the princess is very busy, and doesn't have to worry about me getting a little nightmare." Twilight knew this was a lie, and Spike was right. But in truth she was too embarrassed to talk to the princess about these things. The princess had told her that being more than adept in magic can sometimes lead to night terrors and to not hesitate to tell her about them.

"Alright, but at least tell me" the defeated dragon sighed. He knew this wasn’t an argument he was going to win, and so he would personally write a letter to the princess later when Twilight was busy and she never noticed.

Twilight just sat there for a few moments, thinking back to her dream. How real it felt. The pain, the fear even her magic seemed like it wasn't there when her horn was crushed. "Alright" She said, as she explained the story to Spike. He seemed more horrified than Pinkie was when she told her they had an identical nightmare.

"I’m going to go see Pinkie; her reaction was basically the same as yours." Said Twilight, as she just noticed her explanation had the baby curled in a little ball sucking at his claw.

Twilight could have sworn to hear him mumbling something about finding his happy place, so she sighed and gave him the rest of the day off. Hearing something like that could shake even the most stable of minds. And the young dragon was probably too young to hear something like that anyways. She could pick up the chores that Spike normally tended to.
But she also knew someone else needed tending to. Pinkie was shaken last night and she needed a friend to help her through this mess. The fact was they both needed it. Although it seemed weird to try and bring Pinkie's morale up, seeing how she’s morale living in the flesh. "She is the Element of Laughter" Twilight mumbled to herself, now readying to go outside and face the long day she had ahead of her.

She closed the door to the Library and headed towards Sugarcube Corner.


When she arrived she saw that the happy store was busy with activity. Everypony seemed quite content with how things were going so far in the day. Twilight let out a nervous chuckle, thinking back to her dream. How everypony was lying there, dead or incapacitated, in a sickening shade of crimson. She shook her head, and brought herself out of that thought. She had a friend to comfort.

It was just then Twilight Noticed the Cakes definitely rushing to reach all of the customers and keep them happy. Not to mention the fact that they had to juggle two baby foals. "Where’s Pinkie?" asked Twilight when she finally got to the counter to give her order. "Doesn't she help with the afternoon rushes like these?"

"Oh hello dearie" said Mrs. Cake, "Pinkies feeling a little under the weather today, never see her like this before. Perhaps you could help the others cheer her up."

"Wait who else is here?" Twilight asked, now utterly confused. Normally Pinkie would bounce right back after feeling sad just like if she was bouncing on a trampoline in space. Always in a high, good mood, and hardly ever low.

"Oh you know the whole group" she smiled obviously slightly fatigued. "Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity”
"Hmm I guess I’ll go see what’s going on then! Thanks Mrs. Cake!" Twilight claimed as she walked to Pinkies room to comfort her friend. Twilight had been to Pinkie's room before. It was unmistakable and easy to find. There was the stairs leading away from the shop, to where the Cakes and Pinkie actually lived.

There was a living area, a hallway to the bathroom on one end and on the other a hallway to the Cakes room. Past the Cakes room was a set of stairs that lead to Pinkie’s room. You could tell it was the way to the pink mare’s room seeing how streamers, deflated balloons and several CD's where strewn across the stairs. The walls were something else. Every shade of pink imaginable was slapped across the walls.

But while looking at the walls and the stairs, she heard a very loud sob followed by a crashing sound and low but comforting voices.

Twilight, now nervous, looked back at the stairs trying to find some comfort in the bright pink walls and party supplies, but found no extra courage as she continued up to her room. She knew Pinkie's current emotions were somewhat her fault, and could only hope that her friends didn't know that.

Sure enough when she reached Pinkie's room there she was sobbing on her bed with her friend's surrounding her all taking turns trying to comfort the pink party pony. At that moment the turned to see a purple unicorn with an ashamed look plastered on her face.

They stood there in silence for a few moments asides from Pinkie's unrelenting sobs, until finally somepony broke the silence. The comment was icy and obviously pissed.

"You..."