• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,355 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Needs Saviors - DashyJ



The Elements are the greatest power in all of Equestria right? But wtih no combat experience...

  • ...
5
 46
 1,355

A Very Serious Talk

"You..." said a very harsh voice, obviously pissed. The intimidating voice of the mare was magnified from the battle stance she was in, ready for a fight.

'Ah crap.' Thought Twilight,' they know, and they aren't happy... 'This isn’t how I wanted it to work, but I didn’t want the nightmares either, so I guess I have to work with what I have'. She knew this wasn't going to be a comfortable conversation, and she wasn’t about to go spewing out with all the details unless it deemed itself absolutely necessary.

"What do you want?" said the Ice cold voice, never relenting on its’ assault on how it really felt. "We know it is your fault Pinkie is like this" Twilight looked over to see that not only had Pinkie’s mane flattened but she was also turning a light shade of pinkish gray. "You could at least have the decency to tell us why, before I kick the hay out of you." Rainbow Dash was pissed. The tension was quickly relieved by a hoof connecting to the back of Rainbow's head, knocking her out of her stance and with a bewildered look on her face. "Now jus you hold on there, we all know that Twi here is responsible for how Pinkie feels, but don’t ya think we gotta hear her out first?" Applejack calmly said.

"Thank you Appleja-" Twilight was quickly cut off.

"Now let me tell ya that ah aint too happy with what ya done here, but I’m only gonna give you one chance. One. Ah (since it is Applejack) want the whole story ya hear? Applejack sounded just as frustrated as Rainbow, but at least she had a lid on her emotions.

Twilight looked over to her other friends, to see Fluttershy tending to the non-responsive and still sobbing Pinkie. Rarity was standing beside Fluttershy, but listening in the

conversation all the same. She loved gossip but even this was too strong for her cup of tea.

Twilight sighed hoping it wasn’t going to come to this. This was very hard to do, but for the sake of her friends she would tell them. So she walked over to where everypony could hear her from Pinkie’s on going assault of tears and sobs. They had all listened intently especially at the part of Twilights nightmare. Well if you count hiding under your hooves and shaking for Fluttershy. But they all seemed to get the shakes when Twilight went into the detail of her nightmare. The rest of the explanation went smoother than Twilight had expected only getting disrupted a few times from Dash asking questions (such as? Make one example).

By the end of her explanation Rainbow’s expression changed drastically. Her beginning emotions were what is to be expected from Rainbow Dash: Impatient, demanding and slightly accusing; but all these had melted away when Twilight mentioned her nightmare, replacing it with horror and confusion.

Applejack had a similar reaction. Her emotions went from: Cold and demanding, to fearful and empathetic. Her eyes were wide with fear as well as her jaw almost hitting the ground.

Fluttershy now getting out of her fetal position, looked more calm and collected than the rest of her friends, maybe she couldn't hear from all of the shaking and squeaking she was previously doing. She had looked like she was about to say something, but it never happened.

Rarity's eyes were like saucers. Twilight thought she was just slightly exaggerating her emotions, seeing how she can sometimes be a drama queen. But this time her emotions

were pure and true. All the white fashion pony could do was pout, almost incapacitated from what she just heard.

"Uhhh Girls?" asked the now confused unicorn. "Why are you acting so... weird?

Taking a step forward Twilight cleared her throat for what she was about to say.

"Rainbow I’ve seen you angry, but never that angry... Not even when Discord Insulted Princess Celestia. And then all of a sudden you have empathy written all over you!"

"Applejack you always have something to say in a jam like this" Twilight said. 'Heh jam I’ll have to remember that one Twilight thought to herself' (I noticed frequently that these little self jokes Twilight says to herself happen often between this and previous chapters however, Twilight is not like that really. Her humor usual wraps around events that happened, say Spike biting off more than he can chew. Laughing at puns is more of Pinkie’s thing so you might want to take these out.).

"Rarity you love gossip! Why are you so surprised to hear something like this? The two of us only had an identical nightmare, it’s not like our minds are linked." 'They aren’t are they?' Twilight said (again, watch repeating the same words) to herself. She knew what Pinkie did in her 'spare time'.

"And Fluttershy... You seem the least affected by this when I finished, but you were terrified right in the middle of my explanation! In fact you don’t seem affected at all right now!

Twilight was now frustrated herself. She hated when she couldn’t understand something. Her friends, (asides from Pinkie who had seemingly unlimited tears who was still crying

in the background) came to her side, and were about to reveal something that would disturb her to the rest of her days.

"Wow Twi" said Applejack. "We knew you had nightmares as well, but we didn’t know you had the same one!"

The purple unicorn looked up to her friend’s eyes, glassed with tears ready to let free any moment.

"But there’s something we need to tell you." Rainbow said finishing Applejack's sentence.

Applejack shot an annoyed look at her friend. Rainbow knew what that look meant “sit down, shut up and let her continue.”

"What is it?" asked the again confused unicorn. Twilight had a Guess as what were to happen but she didn’t dare hope it was actually true. Whenever she had nightmares everypony else seemed nervous for the next few days.

"Sugarcube, all six of us had the same nightmare last night, we all gathered here when Fluttershy came here to buy some food, but Pinkie wasn't there. So she told every pony what she had learned from the Cakes, and got here lickety split".

"Yeah" said Dash. "We were all confused why you didn’t come when Fluttershy tried to find you.

The timid pegasus looked over at her friends, but immediately hid her face behind her pink mane, and squeaked something about knocking on her door.

"This isn’t good." Twilight breathed. "I’m going to write to the princess about this, this can’t be a coincidence; all of us having the same nightmare? But first we need to care to our friend.

All of the others nodded in agreement as they went to comfort their friend. It wasn't long after they were all surrounding the pink mare she came back to her normal self, which every pony were more than glad for. Their group just wasn't the same without the frilly, bouncy, crazy mare they all knew and loved.

---

After the door closed and Twilight left, the baby dragon in the library broke his façade of utter fear. He had to help Twilight even if it meant she didn’t like it. He broke out a quill and piece of parchment. He knew there was going to be consequences for this but this was all for the best.

So he started to write

***

Dear Princess Celestia

This is Spike your very concerned subject.

Twilight has had this nightmare and she told me about it, I won’t go into detail, but it involved mass murder with Changelings, her, her friends, and the citizens of Ponyville. Needless to say I request you set some time aside to talk to Twilight. This isn’t the first time this has happened.

Spike.

***

He sent the letter off through the window, and sat back down into his bed. He was going to need his sleep after what he just did.