• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,361 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Needs Saviors - DashyJ



The Elements are the greatest power in all of Equestria right? But wtih no combat experience...

  • ...
5
 46
 1,361

A Calm Before The Storm

There it was, the most beautiful sight in all of Equestria. Few are ever given or are lucky enough to experience the honor of watching one of the most incredible feats in all of the lands. The sun had just been raised. To Twilight this was a common sight, seeing as how she is the princesses Protégé. But the sight still fascinated and marvelled her. She had seen Celestia raise the sun countless times when she was being personally taught by Celestia herself as a filly, but the sight, had always seemed new and fresh to her. To watch her Eternal mentor and leader do feats beyond the impossible was always what Twilight enjoyed most about the mornings.

But that thought was quickly replaced by another. Her previous thoughts about Celestia being the loving, all-powerful, unbeatable force and ruler of Equestria was ripped out of her head by Celestia's statement in her private quarters: "No pony knows this, but an Element who knows its true power and potential, are easily more powerful than Luna and I put together." Twilight isn’t one for change, as it has been clearly shown. It was bad enough that she had witnessed Celestia being defeated in single combat firsthoof during her brothers wedding. But to add the fact that one single Element could be more powerful than the Two Eternal Sisters, who originally brought Harmony to Equestria was too much for anypony to hear, even for a brilliant scholar such as herself.

Celestia, noticed her purple little friend was blankly staring at her with her mouth open, perhaps slightly drooling. Just slightly... She walked up to her from the balcony entering Twilights room. Celestia never considered Twilight to be one of her subjects, more like her sister and or best friend. Perhaps too much like a sister in a way, for a while they actually had a rivalry! Oh how she longed to just be Twilight's friend not her eternal mentor and princess. She only wished to see her subjects like another pony, an equal. Not some high end, stuck up fancy shmancy pants.

She had dreamed of such things, dreams do have a tie with reality, and being the eternal princess of the sun has its bonus perks. Seeing into her own future was definitely one of them. She just had no control over when they were, or what they were. They could be a complete anecdote or they could be something of great importance. Celestia had slowly learned to record everything she dreamed after the past three invasion's that had occurred in Equestria. 'But enough of those thoughts' she said to herself. 'My FRIEND looks like she has zoned out. And the look on her face is going to be given to me many more times today... By basically everypony in Ponyville.' Celestia shuddered at the thought. This was going to suck.

"Twilight?" Celestia asked, hoping to bring her out of her trance, and her sisters "Vengence" as she called it out of her mind.

The mare's ears, eyes, mouth and pretty much every muscle in he face responded to the princesses call, as she bounced out her trance in a Pinkie Pie like manner. "Huh?Yesprincess?Whatisit?Areyouhungry?WasIStaring?ImsorryPrincess!"Twilight said in one big blur of words.

The words took a few moments to process what her Unicorn friend had just said in her head. seeing as how they were all in one big slur of words Twilight obviously had something on her mind. "Twilight?" Asked the princess again hoping to receive a calmer answer this time.

"Princess"? Twilight now asked very confused. Celestia had always seemed so calm and collected whenever she was with her, now she seemed tense nervous and uncomfortable. Sweating underneath her own skin so to speak.

Celesta collected herself she hadn’t done this in a thousand years and it wasn’t easy then, and it will certainly not be easy now. Especially because Twilight’s reaction was going to be much different from one of her 'closer' generals reaction In the war of the Nightmare. "First thank you Twilight for letting me stay in your home, and not trying to treat me like I am anything special.

Twilight looked sheepishly towards her princes and quickly threw a book aptly named 'How To Entertain Royalty' in the fire place letting the book burn. 'Hopefully she won’t notice...' Twilight thought to herself.

"In saying that Twilight I am afraid I am going to ask something of you. I know it will be hard, but I hope we can overcome this." Celestia now said pawing the floor with her royal hoof obviously nervous about asking her next question. 'pfft royalty can take the boot for all I care' Celestia thought to herself trying to keep a cool head. 'Is it getting hot in here? i wonder if im heating the room with my magic. I need a Banana... NO TOPIC AT HOOF, CLIMATE AND WIERD BANANA THING LATER. Celestia shook her head violently, somewhat regaining herself.

"Twilight Ever since you were a filly I saw you more than just as my Protégé or faithful student. No I saw you more as a friend Twilight, a SISTER." Celestia really put emphasis on sister. Probably too much as Twilight was now unconscious on the floor. 'Well that could have gone better.' She thought to herself. Picking Twilight up with her magic and tucking her into her bed.

"They don’t make thou like they used to sister." Stated Luna leaning against the door frame of Twilights balcony door.

Celestia jumped two feet in the air and screed like a filly getting tickled. She turned around to see her sister enjoying yet ANOTHER banana. Celestia's usually flowing mane was now frazzled from the scare she just received (and of course from her withdrawal from banana's). "What are you doing here sister?"

"Making sure that thou lives up to the end of the bargain."

Author's Note:

Author's note: I know its short but it still is something! The next two chapters will probably be the mainly last light hearted chapters, for the remaining of this story will become much more dark. Don’t get me wrong I still intend to have a little joke here and there, but from here on end, and onto the next fic (that I hope to write, if people like my first...) will be a little more dark and have a badass feeling then what I have been writing for the past few chapters. Also just as a tiny spoiler as you can probably tell Luna is my favorite princess, so i will be trying to include her in this story (and hopefully the next) as much as I can and more. So for all the Luna lovers out there WE HOPE THAT THOU LIKEST OUR INTERPRETATIONS OF LUNA. These will be also the last chapters that we will truly see Ponyville, in this Fanfiction. I would also appreciate any feedback that you could give me even if it is negative I still enjoy getting feedback, even though it will likely be about how I am the death of all that is holly in spelling... So enjoy the chapter and hopefully the rest of the story!