• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,358 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Needs Saviors - DashyJ



The Elements are the greatest power in all of Equestria right? But wtih no combat experience...

  • ...
5
 46
 1,358

Kindness

Due to Fluttershy's new calm, and not so new quiet demeanor, there was no confrontation before Luna and Fluttershy arived in the medical wing of the castle. Ponies feared and respected the princess of the night, and the Element of Kindness, so they really didn't want to bother them.

Their conversation was mostly based upon animals, as rare or strange as they may be. Luna was talking about animals, but not quiet the everyday animals that Fluttershy encountered. She
was talking about Manticores, and sea serpents that could be found in the Everfree forest. Not really Fluttershy's typical bunny, bird or mouse.
They had reached the room where the true dreamscapes are preformed, and the doctors and engineers strapped Fluttershy to the strange magical contraption. She stood firm, but it was still a wierd sensation for Fluttershy to have physical contact with ponies. It wasn't something that she usually incorporated in her usual day to day life. She was much more used to her animals, who fit nice and snug in her hooves. Fluttershy was lost in thought. She looked very happy , so Luna opted to start the dreamscape now, while Fluttershy was having joyful thoughts. Hopefully this would make her final stages of training that much easier. Fluttershy wasn't a pony who deserved confrontation, or conflict of any sort. But it was necessary for her to encounter the Element of Discord that is her opposite, Hate. One of the nastiest Elements of them all, but strangely also one of the weakest.
ZAPP She was in.


Fluttershy snapped open her eyes. Why do these things have to wake them so suddenly every time? 'It's kind of irritating' she thought to herself.

She needed to get her bearings. Unfortunately she couldn't, everything was just too dark. Fluttershy wasn't tired, either, so she couldn't kill time by sleeping. There really wasn't anything to do at all! For what seemed like eons Fluttershy just sat there, waiting for the sun to rise. "How could Luna stand this? Seeing only this for a thousand years." Fluttershy asked out loud to nopony in particular. It must have been two? Maybe three hours Fluttershy had waited and it didn't seem like her eyes were adjusting anytime soon. Was anything even going to happen?

Just as Fluttershy was about to move the earth seemed to shift from under her. A low drone filled the air, and slowly got louder. The ground underneath Fluttershy seemed to split. Fluttershy didnt know what to do. She coudn't see anything, and when she tried to open her wings to fly the were held down by an unsurpassable force.

Before Fluttershy knew what was going on, she was falling into a black abyss. A seemingly never ending black abyss. No, this couldn't be right! Fluttershy closed her eyes, concentrating very hard. It must have been Hate's doing. Mustering all of her strength to find a happy place, she tore away from the grip of the abyss.

When she open her eyes again, she appeared to be just outside of Ponyville. But there was a dark look to it. Everypony that was in sight looked angry or afraid.

"What happened here?" Fluttershy asked herself, as she walked in the outskirts of Ponyville. Nopony payed any attention to her at all. It was like she was invisible. As she walked Fluttershy saw Sugarcube Corner and decided to head for the town square. Somepony there had to know what was going on.
When Fluttershy reached the town square she saw Twilight standing before basically everypony in Ponyville. A few houses were destroyed, and Snips and Snails were skulking away from the crowd.
"Twilight!" Fluttershy exclaimed as she flew over to greet her friend. Twilight didn't answer. Maybe she was invisible. Now that she looked carefully, there she was, standing in the crowds!

Fluttershy tucked in her wings and plopped on the ground. "Hmmm... " She said, bringing a hoof to her chin. "What's so familiar about this place?"

"Heavens to Betsy! We new you had ability, but not that much!" Applejack exclaimed, Rainbow nodding beside her.

That was it! This was the day that the Ursa attacked the town! And also the day Trixie came to town... Fluttershy had forgotten about the not so studious show-mare. But the memories were now rushing back to her. As much as she hated to admit it, she longed to help and comfort the mare. She had nowhere to live (her home being destroyed) her career was in shackles, and her pride, ego, and basically everything in her life had been thrown in the figurative trash that evening. Fluttershy knew exactly what she was going to do.

With thoughts of Kindness in her head and heart, Fluttershy was beginning to take an actual form and shedding her ethreal form.

It took Fluttershy about half an hour to find the fleeing mare. Eventually she took to flight to help find Trixie faster. At last she saw her, hidden at the edge of the Everfree forest. Fluttershy landed softly as to not surprise her.

Fluttershy listened to the mare's sobs, and decided to let Trixie open up to her. After the sobs had relented, Trixie got to her hooves, seemingly oblivious to Fluttershy sitting patiently behind her.

"A-alright dear that's enough crying." Trixie spoke to herself. "You don't need that damn Ponyville or that stupid purple Unicorn who showed you up." She said in a sniffle, her confidence seemingly raising, only to be shot down once more by her recent memory.

"YOU AREN'T SO GREAT AND POWERFUL NOW ARE YOU?!?" Trixie was now yelling at herself.
All Fluttershy could do was wait. It wasn't good to interfere when ponies were having tantrums like this. Best to let the cool down first. But it didn't look like Trixie was going to cool down anytime soon.

"YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WHORE! A USELESS WHORE! NOT GREAT AND POWERFUL!!! YOU WERE SHOWN UP BY A COMMONER! THAT PURPLE BITCH DESERVES NOTHING MORE THAN TO-"

"Hello? Excuse me?" Fluttershy had to cut her off before she got more violent. In no way was going to be condescending with her, but Trixie was not going to talk that way about her friend. "The Great and Powerful Trixie right?" Fluttershy tried to make the show-mare as comfortable as possible while talking to her. "My na-"

Trixie turned around, startled that somepony had snuck up on her. She turned to see a tall, strong looking cream coloured Peagsus mare. 'That's not how Trixie remembers her, but who cares' Trixie thought to herself. Then she remembered something. Her show-mare shield was down, she needed to be seen as The Great and Powerful Trixie! Not some helpless, weeping filly. Raising her cold demeanor again Trixie brought words to her mouth. Swear words tasted bad on her tongue but after what she just went through she thought she deserved it.

"You..." She said her words dripping with poison. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU BITCH? HUH? COME TO SEE THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE'S SELF LOATHING? COME TO SEE HER WEEP AFTER HER BUCKING FAILURES?!?" Trixie broke down, her knees buckled, and she was sobbing again. Her voice hurt to much to yell anymore, and she didn't care.

"Have you come to see me for who I trully am? A failure?" She asked in between sobs.
Now it was Fluttershy's turn to speak.

"No! not at all! I actually enjoyed your show!" Fluttershy lied. If she was to get this mare to open up to her she had to be kind as possible. "That trick were you made the flowers appear was especially neat!" She said with a smile, clapping her hooves together.

Trixie just looked at Fluttershy, wanting to raise her shield so badly. Just to huff this pony off. But there was something about her. Something she couldn't place. No pony had ever been this kind to her in all her days. They only feared her, or disliked her. It would be an understatement to say some of them respected her, but Trixie liked to think that they did sometimes.

"Why are you being so nice? After what I did?" Trixie's show-mare shield was now completely dropped, she needed to open up to somepony so badly, and this looked like the pony to do so with. "I don't deserve your courtesy." Trixie pouted.

Staring to the ground, Fluttershy thought for a second. In all truth Trixie really didn't deserve any of her respect, courtesy or pleasantries of any kind from Fluttershy . But right now that is exactly what she needed. Somepony to lean on, somepony to listen to her problems and understand them.

"No. No you don't." Fluttershy finally said, her hooves at her hips, staring down Trixie. "But that doesn't mean you're not getting it. So maybe you want to tell me exactly what is bothering you."
Trixie wanted to argue, but the truth was no longer going to hide itself. It was bearing down on her shoulders all at once, and the figurative pressure was enough to kill. If she had the 'right mind set' as her orphan master called it, she would have commited suicide YEARS ago. So she started from the beggining. Her horrible life, her trauma filled foalhood. Her entire life of poverty and self loathing.

Fluttershy just listened to her story. It took over two hours to finish, but the mare needed to get it out of her system.

"And then today!" Trixie dramatically exclaimed, throwing her hooves in the air. "Today I actually thought I was going to settle down! Make a home for myself! Finally be accepted in this world!" She dropped her head once more. "But I guess I messed up that too, didn't I? For my whole life I've been one big buck up."

"I'm sorry Trixie must look pitiful." Trixie said, looking up at Fluttershy. "I didn't even catch your name."

"Oh... Im Fluttershy."

"Oh, Fluttershy, What is Trixie to do?"

Fluttershy gently started stroking her mane, giving her a litteral shoulder to cry on. Trixie gladly accepted.

"Shhh" Fluttershy cooed. Trixie started to gurgle, but Fluttersy thought nothing of it. "It's ok... Everypony can restart. It just isn't easy." As Fluttershy looked down at the weeping mare before her, she realized a change.

Trixie wasn't herself. Her eyes were now slits and had lost their color turning a neon green. Her coat took on a darker shade of blue, and she no longer was sobbbing. She looked up at Fluttershy with malicious eyes. The gurgling was something else, not Trixie's sobbs, sniffs or saliva. It was death.

"Helloooo.... Sluttershy...." Trixie said. "Or should I say Kindness..."
Fluttershy was taken aback. Trixie was consumed right from under her. It was Hate.

"Hate." She said in a cold tone. "What do you want?"

"Oh, Kindess, you've never been any fun." Hate started. "Always the party pooper along with Loyalty." All Fluttershy could do was look at Hate, her right eye twitching. "Such a shame too. This waste of skin doesn't deserve the honor of my consumption. You aren't even worth my time." He said coldly.

Fluttershy just smirked. Hate was in for it. "You know, just because a pony is mean, or arrogant like your sister (Hate's sister Arrogance. You'll see about her later.) doesn't mean they don't deserve a little Kindness." This looked like it was pissing Hate off. Her plan was working. "Can you get a Manticore to bow to you just because you were kind to him? I don't think so." Fluttershy unknowingly started to unleash the stare upon Hate, who was now on his haunches. Fluttershy started to raise her voice. "Trixie may have been arrogant, but she never was hateful!"

It was Hate's turn now. "Oh, but on the contrary Flutterbitch!" He had recovered. When Fluttershy raised her voice the power of Kindness had left her. "Don't you remember what she said? Here, I'll show you!" With a flash of magic, Hate and Fluttersy were in the past looking upon Trixie weeping and screaming about Twilight.


Trixie got to her hooves, seemingly oblivious to Fluttershy sitting patiently behind her.

"A-alright dear that's enough crying." Trixie spoke to herself. "You don't need that damn Ponyville or that stupid purple Unicorn who showed you up." She said in a sniffle, her confidence seemingly raising, only to be shot down once more by her recent memory.

"YOU AREN'T SO GREAT AND POWERFUL NOW ARE YOU?!?" Trixie was now yelling at herself.
All Fluttershy could do was wait. It wasn't good to interfere when ponies were having tantrums like this. Best to let the cool down first. But it didn't look like Trixie was going to cool down anytime soon.

"YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WHORE! A USELESS WHORE! NOT GREAT AND POWERFUL!!! YOU WERE SHOWN UP BY A COMMONER! THAT PURPLE BITCH DESERVES NOTHING MORE THAN TO-"


With another flash Fluttershy and Hate were back in the present. Fluttershy fell to her stomach and started to wretch. It was a sickening thought, that the mare beside her had just opened up to her, and now she was possesed by Hate, calling her horrible things, and unleashing his power on her. Not to mention teleportation was new to her.

Hate just watched her with a sickening smile. "Useless." He whispered into her ear. Fluttershy didn't care. She needed to get back at Hate. With a swing of her wings she had him pinned, and continued to smash her hooves into Hate's face. Smash, smash. She was brutalizing Trixie's face, but that didn't matter. It was no longer her own.

After Fluttershy got about a good six or seven shots on Hate, he teleported behind her and continued to kick her in the ribs, crushing a few of them. Fluttershy let out a scream and was on the ground, completely overtaken. She was at Hate's disposal. But Hate had something else in mind. He levetated himself in the air, and pointed a hoof towards Fluttershy.

"Hate... Consume you." his voice echoed through out her mind. And with that Trixie body dropped. Hate left her shell. Just as a taunt. "See you around... Flutterbitch." Came an ethreal voice in from the forest.


Fluttershy lay on the ground for several hours, letting the magic of her feathers heal her. Self admistering her healing powers took longer on herself than it did for her friends. While she lay there she thought about her friends, how she loved them. How they would fight for her, and she would do the same. She also thought about Trixie. Her corpse lay beside her. Her horrible childhood, her dreaded show life, it all seemed so clear to Fluttershy that all she needed was somepony to be kind to her. Hopefully Trixie didn't suffer and felt the warmth of Fluttershy's Kindness, and not the cold hoof of Hate.

Raising to her hooves, Fluttershy looked at Trixie's corpse. It was ice cold. Fluttersy had carried dead animals like this before, but they were never this cold. 'It must have something to do with Hate.' She thought to herself. Zecora would have to help.

Fluttershy picked up Trixie and continued over to Zecora's hut. When she arived there she heard Zecora reciting an incantation for a brew she was creating. Fluttershy knoked on the door.
Zecora's eyes went wide. She had never had a visitor before. That wasn't a quiet knock. This was certianly strange.

"Who is it that dwell's outside of my door? I haven't ever had visitors in my hutt before."
Zecora opened her hutt door to find Fluttershy flapping her wings idly in the air, carrying another pony's corpse.

"Hello Zecora." Fluttershy said, entering the hut. She left Trixie outside.

" I know this may seem strange, but this isn't reality. It is a dream. I know you, but at this time you don't know me." Zecora nodded. Although she was in shock, she had heard about these kind of dreams before. She was going to heave to let off on the herbal tea's before bed. "This may be alot to ask of you, but would you help be a dig a grave for Trixie?"

Zecora looked at her with a puzzled look on her face and then spoke. "The dead mare that dwells outside?" Fluttershy nodded. "Then your request I shall obide." Fluttershy gave a thankful nod, and they departed to dig Trixie grave.

By the time it was morning Flutterhsy and Zecora had dug a shallow hole for Trixie's body to lay.
Zecora spoke an old nursery rhyme, for her soul to rest in peace. Fluttershy thanked her, and then left. But just after Zecoura was out of view a blinding light came in front of Fluttershy. Slowly and dramatically lowering on front of her. It was her Element.

"Hello Fluttershy." It spoke in a calm and soothing ethreal voice. "You have proven to be worthy. When a pony's life was in shambles, you were there to comfort her. Even when she was shooting verbal daggers at you. You were kind to her untill her dying breath. You even surpassed being kind to her after her life was over." The light slowly approached Fluttershy's chest. After the light had subsided she noticed her cutie mark was placed upon her chest.
She learned her true potential.


Hate was going around town with glee. Spreading his name. Causing divides in ponies' relationships. He made a game of it. Everytime a pony said "I hate you." to another he would gain a point. He was going on about seventeen by now. All it took was a little idea planted in one pony's head, and he was set. He didn't even need to consume them.
Hate was sneaking up on Pinkie to get Applejack angry. "This will be fun." He said in his ethreal from. All he needed to do was be Hateful and then the idea was there.

***

Fluttershy zoomed through the sky. She wasn't in ethreal form anymore. To the naked pony eye she was like a shooting star just above the town of Ponyville. Hate would appear to be the opposite.

She needed to find Hate before he did anything too nasty. She rushed over Ponyville, seeing that ponies were already starting to be cold with each other. Hate was spreading.

Fluttershy's first thought was to find her friends. Sure enough she spotted Applejack and Pinkie standing before each other. They appeared to be arguing, obviously pissed at each other. Hate has been here.

***

Hate couldn't stop his laughter. He had already gotten two of the Elements of Harmony to surely hate each other, and was looking for his next victims. He spotted a rainbow maned mare, walking beside another mare, this one a purple Unicorn. Hate coud see exactly what he was going to do.

He found his spot to hide and was posing to strike, when a light aura tapped him on the shoulder.
Hate couldn't believe his eyes. Fluttershy stood before him. And she had her Element. Hadn't he broken her?

"That's not very nice." Fluttershy said in her ethreal voice. Hate just growled.
"Fine. I'll take you down again." He said.

***

Little did the two Elements realise, they were drawing quite a crowd. It looked like two stars were in a heated argument.(Excuse the pun) One: dark, sadistic, evil. The other: light, angelic, pure.
One side of Ponyville went almost completely dark, despite the fact it was morning. The other was bright, and shining. Each side was barely visible. The aura's ony seemed to grow in their powers, establishing superiority.

Eventually they clashed. The dark one attacking the light, only to be burned and forced to retreat. Meanwhile the bright one would send out little shots of light to the darkness, not doing anything. The ponies of Ponyville could do nothing but watch.

The dark one took a large dive into the light, and the light one dodged. This went on for several minutes, untill the dark one actually made contact. The light one fell, along with the dark one, each aura thrashing about until they hit the ground. A blast similar to a Sonic Rainboom shook Ponyville. Everypony was blinded temporarily.

When they could see again, there before them stood two ethereal pony like forms. One black, the other light. They just stared at each other, and the light one raised it's head and shone it's light once more. The dark slowly faded, being consumed. When the it had faded the dark one was no longer there.

Fluttershy had won.

Author's Note:

This is the first chapter that was actually edited by someone else! A huge thanks to Candy Drop for doing so!

There is a usage of foul words in this chapter. I don't know if you are offended by swear and demeaning words, so I put in a warning just in case. Anyways the reason I didn't go into much detail about Trixie's background is because there are SO MANY good fics out there giving her a backstory. So if I were to do one, it would be rather repetitive. Unless I get asked to do one by more than ten people, I'm sorry, it will never happen. I speak in riddles, according to my friend.
AND. I have full permission to alter Fluttershy's name. This permission was given by FluttershyIsEpic. The manliest, and most epic brony I have met in all of my days. Unfortunately you will not find him anywhere via Youtube, untill later this fall. He is a starting Brony musician, and lacks the proper components to make his music as of the moment.

Hate is male, although he posses as a female.