• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,355 Views, 46 Comments

Equestria Needs Saviors - DashyJ



The Elements are the greatest power in all of Equestria right? But wtih no combat experience...

  • ...
5
 46
 1,355

What's Our Combat Talents?

By the end of boot, Twilight, Rarity and Applejack had a pretty good idea, of what their roles in combat were going to look like. But it would still be nice for the princess to tell them, they had excelled in these areas after all.

The two months of training, had caused Twilight to grow taller, six inches taller than Applejack, and much more muscle bound. Her horn grew another three inches, Making her much more powerful than she ever was before. The standard Unicorn horn was three inches long. Twilights had always been four and a half, now making it seven and a half inches. The longest Ever known is Princess Celestia's who's is twelve inches. She had also turned into a slightly darker shade of purple. This apparently was a sign of her reaching her true potential, and power as the Element of Magic. She was starting to look like a Mini Me of Luna and Celestia.

For Rarity she had bulked up as well, but wasn't anything compared to Twilight or Applejack, she was a thinner build making her one inch taller than Applejack, but far less bulkier than Applejack or Twilight. Her horn had grown and inch and a half, making it five inches long, and her coat now seemed to be much more radiant than before, even when she was filthy. Signs of a step forward to the Element of Generosity's true power and potential.

Applejack had grown not taller but much more in bulk. Though she still was her regular height, she was now stronger than Big Mac. It had been proven in an hoof wrestle, when the basically all of Ponyville came to check up on their friends. Ponyville just wasn’t the same without them. Her coat was the same except it seemed to be the same, but Applejack, was now much more resilient to damage. She had also gained something close to a sixth sense. She could now analise any opponent and could tell exactly what they were thinking, feeling, and seeing, before it happened. She could also see their weaknesses and strengths. This was a major step forward in the Element of Honesty's true power and potential.

It was time. The princess entered the room, in which the three friends were escorted earlier by the guards.

"My Little Pony's!" Exclaimed Celestia as she entered the room with a spring in her step, obviously hiding something. The three friends looked at their teacher/trainer/drill sergeant, with suspicion and took subtle battle stances. They were taught to be aware of anything out of the ordinary in Canterlot (With the exception of Pinkie) and the princess was no longer an exception.

"Why so tense my friends?" Celestia asked. The rumours going around through out the guard were true. The mane six had taken to calling princess Luna and Celestia by their names and no longer addressing them as royalty. Though an adamant amount of respect was still shown. "I bring nothing but good news! You will have a weeks rest, and then you will start your new specialty training then your Elemental training!"

"Is that all princess?" asked Applejack using her new ability, apparently it worked on anypony, Applejack had only used it on a few guards and her brother, but never the princesses she never had the time or really thought to. "Ah reckon your keeping something from us."

Celestia giggled. "Using your Elemental power eh Applejack? That will help you in the field. You are well on your way to learning your full potential." Celestia paused for a dramatic effect. "Do you remember Spike?"

"Remember him?" Asked Twilight, a little worried for Spike and that Celestia was off her nut. "Celestia I hatched him for pony's sake! Im Basically his mother!" Twilight said rather assertively almost challenging her.

Celestia remaining calm, and replied "It is nothing to worry about Twilight, Spike will be joining you now in your training! Spike would you come in?"

Spike entered through the side window shattering it wings spread wide. He was very different. He was now 10 feet tall, had grown wings, and claws, fangs and scales of amethyst, each no shorter than 2 inches. He was a sight to be marvelled.

"Nice entrance spike. Now if you would be so kind as to fix the windows." Celestia said with a smirk.

"Oh.. sorry" Spike said, his voice as deep as the dragon that Fluttershy had stared down. It still had the Spike esque to it like everypony remembered. He quickly rebuilt the glass with his magic, and took his spot beside Celestia. Twilights jaw was almost hit the floor. Her son... Her Spike was already using magic, normally it took a dragon a few HUNDRED years to learn even the basics of magic, let alone a complicated restoration spell on enchanted glass. Twilight did I ever tell you about Spikes background?" Celestia said coolly.

"Umm no?" Twilight said, her mouth still on the floor. Applejack helped her with that raising it with her hoof. "He is just another Dragon right?"

"Well I guess I will fill you in then, Spike is the direct descendant to one of the most feared dragons in tartarus. Bladhuunvaac. His egg was frozen, for two thousand years when my sister and I Banished him to tartarus, we had to freeze him, and apparently his nest. It was mear coincidence that you mothered not only one of the most powerful dragons in all of the world, but the fact that his egg was literally impossible to hatch. You being a mortal AND the Element of Magic were already impossible, so you broke the barrier. No other mortal asides from the other Elements would be able to hatch him." Explained Celestia.

"Thats right." Said Spike flexing his massive bicep. Twilight just smacked him with a playful Telekinetic slap, which he was extremely resilient to. "Oh, im also very resilient to magic now". Spike said slightly challengingly.

Twilight took the challenge and picked him up with her magic as heavy as he was, tickling him under his scales. "Not so big now are you?" Teased Twilight. The fun was abruptly ended when Spike threw his arm against one of the pillars, shattering it.

Heh I better Fix that as well." Spike said sheepishly. Blushing under his scales.

Just then a group of twenty of so guards burst into the room, and immediately started throwing spears maces and other weapons. Twilight with her new magical powers, and her motherly instinct disintegrated the weapons and already had the ALL guards by their throats inches away from her face. 'They are so light!' Twilight thought to herself. Her eyes were literally on fire from the rage she was feeling. Nothing tried to hurt her son. The fact was she was holding about a thousand pounds with all of her magical might didn’t mean anything to her. By the time Twilight Applejack or Rarity had realised what they were doing, the guards were already across the room, one being senselessly beaten by Applejack, two had a some strange enchantment upon them from Rarity, and Twilight had the rest in strong magical chains against the wall, slowly tightening.

"Oh no!" Twilight said clearly afraid of what she had just caused. "GIRLS STOP!" Twilight boomed in the royal caps lock.

All Twilight could do was sit on her haunches, and mumble about what she just did.

Celestia just smiled and looked to her guards. One beaten to a pulp clearly in massive amounts of pain, he looked as if all his bones were broken, two were screaming in agony, from their bones being to ground down upon themselves from the weight of their enchanted armour, and Twilight's victims who looked as if they were dead already from the chains she had strangling and shattering them.

"Well it looks like we trained thou better than we thought." Said Luna casually walking through the door followed by Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie. Fluttershy if you would?

"Oh, Yes princess." Said the no longer meek Pegasus. She now looked like how Rainbow used to. Muscular, but not extremely defined like the rest were now. Probably about 3 inches taller now. Her wings were definitely larger than before, Her coat was now a lighter shade of yellow, and she had been acting more assertive around others. Thankfully she was still the same with her friends. The ability to heal others with her feathers was a sure sign of realising the potential she had locked away in her.

She flew over the guards shedding her feathers over top of them as she went, they stumbled up from their beating, and just stared in fear at what happened. Twenty of Celestia's ELITE guards were taken down by three female pony’s. Not just taken down though, almost literally killed. No doubt sexism was a thing in the guard, very few guards are female. So three civilian females, who have only two months of boot behind them? Their buddies were never going to let them live that down. Mind you they were the Elements of Harmony so that could be an easy out to the unrelenting amount of teasing to come.

All the guards now fully recovered from the Magic of Kindness were now fully at attention. It looked like Fluttershy was as close as Applejack was to learning the full power of her Element.

Twilight took a good look at her friends that had joined the room. It was then she realised that her friends had really bulked up.

Rainbow Dash was now almost as big as Applejack, her wings definitely were bigger than any muscle in Applejacks body but she is a Pegasi and that anatomy is different from an Earth Pony's. Her wings had reached almost the size of Celestia's, and she had grown about two inches taller. Her coat was now looking like it was constantly moving and she was now able to ignite her mane in a badass rainbow fire.

Pinkie Pie was like Rarity, not bulky, but slim and tall. She had grown 4 inches taller than Applejack, and now had her cotton candy mane in a up in a bandana for combat. Her coat had actually grown darker despite her being the Element of Laughter. Though something was different from her eyes, if she looked directly into them, she could activate something similar to the Stare. This power was more for moral with her friends, and comrades, it allowed them to forget their worries and PARTY!

Luna walked to the center of the room. "As some thou may have learned throughout thy training, thou all have different combat specialty's apart from thy actual Element. Some of Thy Element's may tie in with thy combat, others may not. Pinkie Pie for example Is the Element of Laughter, but she specializes in shadow lurking, and assassinations. That dost not mean she will not be the same Pinkie Pie, but it means she won’t be using her power for that. Each Element can power the other, Even if thou hast not learned their potential. The ponies under my next teaching will learn how to use the shadows to their advantage, and thy sisters students shallst learn how to use the light like a Phoenix. Then we shallst teach you to work with Spike."

Celestia followed her sister to the center of the room to finish off the speech. "So in one weeks’ time we shall teach you how to use our abilities, and your role of the team you will pay in."

Luna took a big breath in for what she was about to say.

"Twilight thou art the leader, the alpha, what you say goes. Not only are you the most important Element but the most powerful, you have shown that."

"Applejack thou art the heavy weapons expert, as you have shown the most skill with them. You will be at the front line most of the time. Your Element will be extremely helpful if it is channeled through magic."

"Rarity thou art the fortifier of the team they need assistance in power or combat you are there. But that does not mean you will be on the front lines, in fact most of the time you will be assisting Applejack, Rainbow, Fluttershy and Twilight with your Element feeding them power, behind the lines."

"Rainbow thou art the air attacking team along with one hoofed swords, you will be in the sky lots of the time, taking out enemies from above."

"Fluttershy You are the medic you will hopefully never be fighting, seeing as your Element contradicts violence. If your team needs help you are there.

"And Last but certainly not least Pinkie. Thy defiance of Physics is well... It has something to do with laughter and thou hast demonstrated that since day one." Luna shivered at the thought she had been scared by Pinkie multiple times when she went floating upside down talking to her. "So you are the assassin, thou can manipulate an enemy’s body for short times like a gifted unicorn could, and will always be taking out your enemy’s before they knew you were there, hardly ever a front line fighter. You will almost constantly be behind enemy lines.

As Luna wrapped up her speech Spike reminded everypony that he was there. Rather rudely but whatever. With a roar of green flames over top of the mane six and the eternal princesses he had their attention. "Hey after I fix the pillar, you wanna go to Donut Joes?"

Author's Note:

Authors note: For the sake of every brony I took the liberty of spelling out Spikes dads name. This is how you pronounce it (Blad-hoon-vak).