• Published 12th Feb 2018
  • 1,160 Views, 22 Comments

“THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!” - Sawtoothetherium



Luna is brought into another world and her memories are wiped by King Sombra. Celestia, the mane six and spike go in after her, as she is the only one able to defeat the dark monarch. They hope it to be quick, how unfortunate.

  • ...
5
 22
 1,160

These Locals Seem Friendly

Saying that Spike was shocked would be an understatement, he was hit with a blast of magic by the king of monsters himself, thrown through a black portal, and he felt weird. Spike found himself and his friends falling through the clear blue sky towards the ground.

wait, I don’t remember it being daytime.

Spike looked at his friends, Celestia, Rainbow dash and Fluttershy were already spreading their wings to slow their fall. Spike followed suit and spread his own wings and caught AJ, Rarity and Twilight on his back. Rainbow Dash caught Pinkie Pie and helped slow her fall.

wait, since when did I have wings?

Spike turned his large head around to see he had two very large wings sprouting from his shoulders. They were each twice as long as his body, heavily muscled and very thick. Very soon the eight individuals reached the ground safely. Rarity, AJ, and Twilight got off his back and stared at him shocked. Spike looked down at them confused.

“Spike?” Twilight asked cautiously.

“Yes Twilight, what is it?” He replied.

“What happened to you?”

“What do you...” He said looking down, “Mean”

As he examined himself he noticed many things that should not be. His chest looked like that of an olympic champion bodybuilder, he had ten pack abs and six side abs bulging from his flesh. His pecs were bulging out immensely as wer his biceps and triceps. He felt muscle ripple down his back, his legs were just as muscular and looked like he could kick a hole into a mountain. From his fingers grew curved and wickedly sharp claws, same for his toes. His face had increased in length and his teeth turned into massive fangs, two of which hung out of his mouth on either side from his upper jaw. His spines had curved back like sabres and were razor sharp. His tail had lengthened into a long rope of pure muscle, it looked as though he could breake rocks with it, and from the tip was a four sided and barbed spearhead made from the same material as his spines. All in all, don’t mess with that guy, he rip your head off.

“Spike,” Celestia said, “I think Sombras magic changed you. Made you physically mature in a matter of moments.”

“And that’s a bad thing,” Spike said.

“Not at all, if anything you may just be able to stop him on your own now. Your fire will still be able to send messages, however now you will need to control it more.”

“I will get working on that,” Spike promised, “However right now we should probably worry about where we are, how to get back, and how to get princess Luna back.”

“You’re right Spike,” Twilight said, “We don’t know where we are. Though we can guess that Princess Luna is here too, he said he had a surprise for us concerning the princess.”

“That worries me,” Celestia told them, “Sombra does not lie. Believe it or not. So she is in this world, however he has probably messed with her somehow. She may attack us thinking that we are the enemy, she may run from us for the same reason. We cant know what to expect so its best if we keep our guard up.”

Spike looked around and saw a dirt road off to his left, and by the looks of it it was frequently used.

“Hey Everypony,” He said gesturing to the road. “I think we found our way to civilization. We follow the road in one direction or another and keep going until we reach a town or village.”

Celestia looked at him, “Good thinking. Though I would think it wise to disguise myself and you spike. We don’t know how they would feel about an alicorn or dragon, so we should play it safe.”

Twilight thought for a minute, “I agree. Perhaps we should split ways, half go with Celestia and the rest go with Spike so that whomever comes across civilization first can contact the other. Or if one comes across Princess Luna they can contact the other.”

“But we have no scrolls to send one another.” AJ pointed out.

“We don’t need scrolls.” Spike told her, “We can send leaves if we wanted too. That could be the way we tell one another, one leaf means a town or village, two means Princess Luna, three means both.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Celestia said.

“I don’t think splitting up is a good idea.” Rainbow told them, “Safety in numbers, and we work better as a team when all of us are present.”

“She has a point,” Pinkie said.

“So no splitting up.” Twilight asked.

Most of them shook their heads.

“Alright so which way do we go,” asked Celestia Now disguised as a young unicorn mare.

“Left?” Spike suggested.

No one objected. So they set down the path with Spike now flying above them to scout ahead and behind them, Rainbow did the same thing. For hours they walked in silence along the road, until spike and rainbow came down. They had spotted a city.

“It’s large, very large.” Spike reported. “It is on a mountain with marble columned buildings, mostly focused in the center, on the outskirts there are simple houses. It seems to be teeming with life, ponies are moving around all over the place in odd robes buying and selling produce. It is any merchants dream.”

“So that is where we should start,” Celestia said. “Someone would know something in a place like that.”

They arrived in the city not ten minutes later with Spike disguised as a large purple stallion. They went around asking if anyone had seen Luna, no one did. Having a few bits on her Celestia got them a room in an inn. They were in the dining hall on the first floor discussing their next plan. When a group of three stallions entered the hall and everything went silent. The three stallions went up to the bar and bought a couple drinks, then sat at the table next to theirs. Everyone else went back to their conversations, but Celestia decided to listen to the stallions words.

“You sell any good ones recently?” The first asked the second.

“One or two, they were lovely I tell you.” The second awnsered, “what about you. You sell any beauties.”

“A few, got a good sum for em too.” The first said, “ and what is your story eh Lycomedes? How many did you sell?”

“Many, but one in particular caught my eye.” The third one by the name of Lycomedes replied. “She was a beautiful mare. Dark blue coat, her mark was that of a crescent moon on a dark black splotch, and her mane a waving imitation of the night sky. I wanted to keep her for myself in all honesty, but I am not stationary enough and that spartan king paid me HANDSOMLY.

“Sold her to the spartan king?!” The second exclaimed, “But those guys only except the best.”

“That mare was in a league of her own concerning beauty, health and obedience. Sure it took a few beatings for her to get that I owned her but still, she broke quicker than most others.”