• Published 12th Feb 2018
  • 1,160 Views, 22 Comments

“THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!” - Sawtoothetherium



Luna is brought into another world and her memories are wiped by King Sombra. Celestia, the mane six and spike go in after her, as she is the only one able to defeat the dark monarch. They hope it to be quick, how unfortunate.

  • ...
5
 22
 1,160

The Front

Luna had slept with Leonidas, again. Celestia couldn’t help it, she hardly knew the stallion, yet her sister said that they were considering a child. The audacity! She had displayed a lot of self control by not attempting to kill the stallion already. But the idea of Luna bearing him a child, it put the word angry to shame. But there was a part of her that knew her sister was right. It wasn’t her business, and she also knew that she would be absolutely annihilated by Leonidas in a fight. Celestia tried to get her thoughts straight, Luna was in a consensual relationship with a stallion, she should feel happy for her. And the idea of a niece or nephew that wasn’t from distant relatives or adoptive relationships.

She sighed, “I have been a little hard on him haven’t I?” She said to herself. “I really dont know why I’m so against this. This is healthy for both of them, it could result in something good, and it isn’t bad for anyone.”

“You mean besides Sombra.”

Celestia jumped, it was just her sister. “You know I dont like it when you do that!”

“I know,” Luna said walking out of the corner of her tiny teepee tent. “It’s just so funny.”

“For you maybe.” Celestia muttered. “How did you sleep last night?”

“As well as I always do,” Luna said verbally jabbing at her sister.

“How much did you hear?” Celestia said nervously.

“All of it,” Luna said, “that took quite a bit of courage sister. Admitting when you’re wrong is hard.”

“I know.” Celestia replied. “I need to apologize to him for how I’ve been acting.”

“Well apology accepted because we have bigger problems.” Leonidas said appearing behind Celestia. “The fronts here.”


Celestia was dumbstruck by the sheer number of ponies and... creatures they were up against. They had most certainly seemed to be almost four times the number of Spartans, yet the Spartans were calm, bored even. There was no indication of fear or concern, nor even excitement, save for the stallion next to Celestia. He was grinning like a fool.

“Why do you smile?” She asked him.

He looked at her, “Equestrian, I have fought countless times. Yet in all my life I have never once met an adversary that could offer me what we Spartans call a beautiful death. I can only hope that with the armies of Hades himself against us that there is one down there, thats up to the task.”

The slaver was right, Spartans really were mental. Celestia wasn’t sure what scared her more, the enemy in front of them or the Spartans words. She just shook it out of her head and focused on the enemy in front of them. She and Luna were instructed to watch the lines and should any major breach happen they were to fly in, slaughter all enemies in the breach and hold them off until the phalanx could recover. It wasn’t likely to happen but it was always better to be sure.

They saw the army of demons begin to advance in a run, not caring to stay in any formation. The Spartans waited until there was ten feet between them and the enemy before bracing. The impact took several spears out of commission, and a lot more demons besides. They pounded the wall of shields with reckless abandon, not noticing that it would cause their downfall. Eventually their numbers and constant pounding faltered, which the Spartans took advantage of.

The front four rows broke formation and began slaughtering the demons with everything they had, horns, shields, spears, swords even hooves. The Spartans were indeed the perfect soldiers, they tore through the enemy without hesitation or mercy. That was their way of life, no mercy, mercy is weakness, no retreat, retreat is cowardice, no surrender, surrender is treason.

Celestia was so deep in envy that she didn’t notice that the far side of the phalanx had been weakened and was currently being locked in a fight with demons. Luna had taken off the minute she saw it and brandishing her claymore she began to use her deadly grace. She wove her way through the demons with little effort and dragged the blade of her sword with her, cleaving and cutting demons as she passed. The demons soon began to flee from her in fear. The spartan line recovered quickly during Luna’s counterattack and stared in awe at her skill and grace. Many stared curiously at the sword she used as they were not familiar with it.

Luna flew back to her watch position and looked at her sister, amused by her look of shock. She giggled. “Why Tia’ I dont believe that face is very dignified.”

Celestia quickly shook the surprise from her and answered, “I dont believe I have seen you do something like that for thousands of years.”

“Well your turn is going to come next,” Luna said gesturing to the not so dire breach on the other side of the line.

Celestia flew off drawing her bound greataxe as she did. Unlike Luna, Celestia did not use such grace with heavy weapons, she certainly wasn’t clumsy or wild but she wasn’t as fluid as her sister was. Celestia simply cut the enemy down with her axe and began making the bodies pile on top of one another. The Spartans were certainly impressed by her skill, though not as much as they were with Luna’s. Celestia flew back to her post once that was taken care of.

She saw her sister glaring off into the distance, following her gaze she found the one who put them in the predicament they were currently in. King Sombra, and beside him was someone she had thought destroyed, Nightmare Moon. Behind them were even more demons, and a very large rift in space. On the other side they saw the plains of Equestria. Sombra seemed to be panicking, he ordered all of his troops to retreat back into the rift. They began to run away.

The Spartans ran after them but stayed in a solid formation. With Leonidas at the head of the army they ran in perfect formation with the two sisters following them in the air. What they didnt see was the drake carrying Rarity, Twilight, Applejack and pinkie pie on his back with two Pegasi following on either side. The Spartans, who numbered in the tens of thousands, charged into the rift after the demons, Luna and Celestia dove in with the six mares and spike close behind.