• Published 9th Feb 2018
  • 3,552 Views, 197 Comments

Bone Daddy - Fiaura



A lich, whose sole purpose is dealing with dead ponies for the royal princesses must now deal with something small, adorable, and alive.

  • ...
13
 197
 3,552

An Overdue Meeting

I want to make sure the record of all the events are detailed out. I need to make sure that when she wakes up, she has the full story. I needed to go speak with Princess Luna. My decision had been made. I had written a notice the day before to inform them of my arrival this time. I wanted this to be smoother than last time and less, confrontational.

I arrived in the royal court, once again with the guards keeping me at hoof length while ready to lower their spears if I made the slightest wrong move. Life Sapphire and several other colts and fillies were all delivered to school. I had decided that I would attend Miss Cheerilee's class to see why so many parents preferred her to the Canterlot schools. Today however, a decision was to be presented to Luna.

There was a stallion scrubbing hard at the floor, he looked up and glared at me. Black soot hoofprints lined the carpet as I walked by and I looked down at him. I realized they were my prints from nearly two weeks ago. I checked where I was stepping to see that my hooves were not putting out the dark magics of the Necronomicon.

I looked at him and nervously smiled, “You should try ammonia, assuming the carpet and rugs will be fine with it.” I suggested and he just burrowed his brow at me. He did not stop staring while we all walked towards the antechamber.

I looked at the escort around me and then at the doors, “I suppose that it will take a very long time before any of you trust me.” I royal guards only growled at me and I looked at them nervously. No mercy for the formerly wicked I suppose.

The doors opened and Celestia nearly spat out her tea, I looked at the royal crier who just looked back at me nervously. I approached still under guard, Luna wasn't present in the royal throne room. I approached and decided if I was gonna be nice, I should at least try to play by their rules. I gave a bow to her.

She nodded back and set her tea aside as Cadence walked in. I looked incredibly perplexed at her presence, shouldn't Cadence be in the Crystal Empire? “Where is Princess Luna? I came here to meet with her.” I managed to get out. I felt someone behind me and turned my head, Luna was standing there, coming in from the same door as I had.

“Guard, you may leave. We need to talk to Bone Daddy, privately.” Celestia invited them in a way that you knew was an order without directly commanding a pony. There was a salute in unison and within a minute we found ourselves alone.

“This seems a bit excessive to meet with me, I only wished to express that I—“ I was motioned off my a hoof wave and a touch of the armored horse shoe Luna wore.

“We had a very long talk among ourselves before I told you the decision. I still feel horrible about this situation and we should have a very long talk since you are here.” Luna stepped forward and motioned me to follow her towards the throne.

“The logistical mistake of the foal arriving while alive to your facility was a terrible, awful thing to have happen. Our initial reaction was to rescue the poor filly and bury you once again. However, Celestia saw an opportunity that I did not.” Luna walked up the ramp to the throne set aside for her and took a seat.

“It was wrong to allow you to work the way you have. To think that keeping the status quo was okay.” Cadence stepped forward and looks at the twin sisters then back to me. “They consulted me and while we've put some debate into the decision and monitored your actions closely; it is one that even I reluctantly agreed to.”

I glared at Celestia and Cadence then Luna, “You mean you did this and knew why I was coming here. You manipulated me into this!” I felt a seething rage filling me and I wanted to lash out in that moment at these two princesses asking like harlets to me!

Celestia calmly raised her head towards me and spoke very even toned with a simple set of orders. “Bone Daddy calm yourself. We are the rulers of Equestria and while we do not often directly interfere in everypony's life; we do know when something is wrong and when we have done something wrong. Allow us to explain ourselves and then make your judgment.” Her voice was a near shout that would scare down a dragon. I nodded to her.

“Letting you continue your work was one thing, but you had allowed it to consume you. You have done such wonderful work for us for so long; allowing you to remain an unfeeling husk was wrong.” Luna spoke and knelt down towards me. “You have my sincere apologies but I feared we were doing you a disservice. Leaving you forgotten within the morgue.”

She paused and shook her head, “I feared most of all, you were missing out on so many enjoyments of life that you were simply a robotic servant to us.”

“They had all but forgotten about you, allowed you to get lost with all of the projects that fell by the wayside with my banishment. For you continue to do work for us, even with us paying you, is not near enough reward for your service. Most of all, no pony should spend as much time as you have in the company of death without a life outside of that. For that, we do apologize, two wrongs do not make a right.” Celestia picked up her tea and took a long sip.

Cadence sighed and looked at the two of them then shook her head, “I informed them this was highly unlikely to work and what a terrible idea it was. However, Celestia pointed out that something drastic was required, I only agreed if they agreed to 24 hour monitoring.” Cadence almost seemed like she might actually have some venom in her voice directed at the twins before returning her gaze to me. “I did however concede the only way to save you from becoming a true monster was to reawaken your emotions. I insisted we have a way to keep the foal under watch and see what would happen if you were entrusted with a living being under your care. I felt that love for some pony other than yourself might bring you back.”

She paused and nodded, “I’ve been watching you closely for the last two weeks, everything you’ve done and on two occasions nearly stepped in to remove her from your care. Nearly, but you proved I was wrong to worry and that you were in fact capable of reawakening that in you that was long dead.”

Luna placed a hoof to her chest and then closed her eyes, her face looked heavy with remorse as she spoke, “I wanted a better fate for you than all of this. It was the best we could do, I am sorry for that. I understand if your decision is that we should stop this immediately.”

My cup of rage wanted to boil over, I wanted to shout and rage to them the world over. Necromanic magics poured off my body, staining the carpet and even the marble floor around me. I felt myself losing control and wanting to purely unload upon the princesses exactly how I felt! A cold wind blew from within my robes and lifted them up as my vision started to go red.

The princesses braced themselves and I saw their horns flair. They truly thought I was about to unleash some magical attack. No this was just how I reacted when anger gripped me, I was about to attack yes but as a piece of my mind!

Just as I was about to lay into the princesses how I felt, something feel from my robes. A tiny piece of paper with crayon on it. My eyes darted to it and what I saw made me stop. “What is that?” Celestia asked as I lowered my hoof and took a closer look. A child's drawing, rather well done for crayon of me. I was holding the hoof of Life Sapphire and behind us were two graves. I looked happy, my eyes were gentle even.

I was genuinely impressed and had realized now that if she could not speak; she must be drawing and learning to hoof sign. Her artistry was becoming something noteworthy. But that wasn't the important part, I checked my robes and discovered that within my notes pocket were dozens of pictures, each one getting progressively better. I hadn't realized how much she drew till now. I needed to pay better attention to her. I needed, her.

My rage drained, I was still upset but no, I could not possibly punish that little filly for their manipulation. I could feel again, something besides contempt and cold calculated work. I could breath again, my heart had a rhythm, I even cared to not cause undue discomfort to other ponies. A realization I hadn't made till I'd seen the pony scrubbing the strains still in place from my last visit.

I raised my head back to the princesses and huffed, “I am angry with you. I have every right to tell you all off and explain just how you violated my trust.” Their expressions turned cold and hard as I spoke but I held up a hoof. “However, if not for this, I would not appreciate life and the living as I do now. In just a few weeks, your experiment has turned my life and the perceptions about it in a complete one-eighty. This I cannot deny.”

As they softened I walked to the edge of the ramp up to the royal thrones. “I will require some time to think and reevaluate our working relationship but, I can assure you, we will find a way to work this out. You did try to use two wrongs to make a right. The only right things here though, is that Life Sapphire has a new father and that you came to me in honesty today.”

The princesses all gave nervous smiles, they liked that news but the foreboding of my mood indicated that they knew I was not finished with them. “I would like to make arrangements to keep her and raise her as my own. I would also like to assure you, you don't need to watch or monitor me anymore. While my work may suffer, I will not allow her to and I will be visiting Ponyville tomorrow as a speaker for Miss Cheerilee's class.”

Luna and Cadence looked a bit surprised I did not hate them but seemed content with this answer. Celestia on the other hand took a sip of tea and had a smug smile upon her face. I would swear she had planned all this and knew how it would play out. I didn't care now, I only cared that they knew they had much to answer for later and that I was keeping Life Sapphire. “If nothing else, I have matters to attend today and I suspect there is paperwork I should tend to over this.”

Luna approached me down the ramp. Slowly and deliberately, we all watched as she made her way down the ramp to me. She offered a hoof towards me, I looked at it. Slowly I reached up and gave it a shake, “We are trying to not make the same mistakes of the past. If that means making all new ones, then hopefully it will make us better rulers for the future. Thank you, Bone Daddy. We will talk about your work situation in greater detail at the end of the month. For now, I give you permission to take off, full paid vacation time with your new daughter.”

I nodded at her and then grimaced, “I have enough vacation time built up to take a year off and still have not made a dent in it. I appreciate that I have your blessing for the time.” I gathered up the drawings Life Sapphire made and turned to walk out, escorted by Luna herself this time instead of the guards.

Author's Note:

Join me on Discord

Or see my YouTube Content that pays for us to be able to do stories like this: https://www.youtube.com/c/FiauraTheTankGirlGamer