• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 3,512 Views, 45 Comments

Cupcakes: Truth Revealed - mcb893



After a failed attempt on Rainbow Dash's life, Pinkie Pie reveals a shocking truth...

  • ...
8
 45
 3,512

6: Those Who Comfort

1 Year Ago...

Pinkie ran through the forest, sobbing as she went. This was crazy... What had she done? She had just murdered an innocent child! There was no sympathy, no hesitation... She was becoming a monster... Poor Candy Cane... She didn't even have her cutie mark yet! Pinkie broke down, falling into a pit of mud. She sobbed, slamming her fists into the pit, trying to take out her pain on something. None of the previous murders had caused her this much guilt. But they were all grown, teenagers or adults. This was an eight year old. Pinkie looked to the pouring rain, and cried out in agony. Weeping bitterly.

...

Pinkie wept. This memory was too much. So much guilt... So much pain... Why her? She was just a child... She had so much life ahead of her... Now she would never get the chance to recognize it. And it was all her fault...

"Pinkie, we've confirmed your suspicions, and bombs were placed throughout the town. A task force has been assigned to take care of it, and as of currently, have defused them from areas surrounding the public library, town hall, and the southern housing areas. Don't worry Pinkie, he won't have control over you much longer." Pinkie nods and looks down. So there were bombs. She wasn't lied to. Maybe she did do the right thing? No... Even with that, it was still a despicable act. Nothing could excuse this. Not even those who had forgiven her... That's when something hits her.

"The chip... The stallion planted a chip in my head that would go off if I tried to tell anypony in town about this! He knows what's..."

"Relax Pinkie. When we first arrested you we made sure to make sure you had no weapons on you. We discovered the chip engrained into your skull. Surgeons said it was too dangerous to remove it from your head, but Twilight managed to destroy it with her magic, while causing no damage to you." Pinkie breathed with relief, and fell back into her chair.

"Pinkie... This might be hard but... What happened with Hay Stack? He was the next one who went missing." Pinkie froze. Her muscles tensed, yet at the same time she felt weak. Tears welled in her eyes. This was arguably the hardest kill of all next to Dashie...

10 Months Ago...

Pinkie broke down crying. The knife slipped from her hooves, and she fell to the ground. This was terrible, he was being so nice to her, and how was she repaying him? Killing him...

"Pinkie..." He said with a voice soft as a dove's wing. She sniffed and looked up to him. The yellow stallion smiled at her, blood falling from his lip, and his thighs. But he still smiled. She had broken down and told him everything, that was allowed. You had a choice of whether or not to tell the victim why they were doing this. Bottling it all up inside... She just couldn't take it anymore... She had to tell somepony! He was here, he had understood, and he wasn't shouting at her. He simply could tell there was more than met the eye. She even trusted him enough to release a hoof. He took the hoof that was free and helped her up. He smiled and wiped a tear from her eye.

"It's okay... I understand. I'll willingly give my life for everypony in town." He gestured to the knife that lay on the ground, and Pinkie eyed it as well. She sighed and grabbed it. Looking back to him, she sees that he is still smiling. He nods, and Pinkie holds the knife out. Her lip quivers as she tries to find the strength to drive the knife into his flesh. She closes her eyes as tears slip out, and her hoof falls to her side. She can't do it.

"I can't..." She says with a sob. She brings her free hoof to her eyes to block her tears. She broke down, crying bitterly.

"I can't do this anymore..."

"Then let me help." Pinkie looks up and sees Hay Stack reach his hoof down. She feels his hoof grasp hers, and he brings it upward to his left chest. Pinkie looks at him, tears still in her eyes. He smiles as a tear falls from one of his own eyes. He chuckles.

"Can I tell you a secret?" He asks. Pinkie nods.

"I've actually had a crush on you for a long time now. I was just too scared to talk to you about it." He laughs as his grip tightens, but Pinkie doesn't notice. He liked her? And none of this had changed his mind? How? She was a murderer, somepony unworthy of company... right? Hay Stack seemed to notice what she was thinking, and spoke again.

"Pinkie... It's going to be alright... I promise..." He smiles again and gives her a soft kiss on her temple. He lays his head back against the table as he places the knife in Pinkie's hoof to the dead center of his chest, and gives her hoof one final pat before leaving it there.

"You can do it. Think of the lives you're saving. All those happy ponies who will enjoy their lives." He says. He wipes another tear from her eye. Pinkie stands with a stunned look, though sadness still defines her face.

"Well... If you really do like me... I guess you deserve one thing before you die." Hay Stack asks what it is, and she looks down. He seems to understand, and says she can do that only if she wants to. In her heart, she knows he deserves something. Not just death, something. Pinkie leans in close and closes her eyes. In that one moment, their lips connect. For a brief moment, everything seems okay. She can only focus on the feelings she is developing for the stallion before her. They pull away, and Hay Stack thanks her. As she pushes the knife into his heart, he gives her one last kiss on her cheek, then falls back and lets the life slip away from him. Before his eyes close forever, Pinkie whispers one last thing into his ear.

"I would have said yes."