• Published 23rd Jul 2012
  • 3,520 Views, 45 Comments

Cupcakes: Truth Revealed - mcb893



After a failed attempt on Rainbow Dash's life, Pinkie Pie reveals a shocking truth...

  • ...
8
 45
 3,520

13: The Real Stallion

"Be careful in there." Pinkie looked back to her concerned friend, and smiled.

"I'll be okay Rainbow, he's behind a layer of glass remember?"

"Still... I don't want him hurting you more than he already has." Rainbow said. Pinkie chuckled and walked through the door. Pinkie nodded at the guard who opened the door for her. Inside the room were six stations, each with walls surrounding the prisoner side. She took a deep breath and stepped forward. She didn't know if she was ready to see the killer again. Not after all he had done. Still, she had to see what he was really like, if he was telling the truth. She sat down in a chair and waited. A guard came along with a prisoner in tow, who appeared to be hurt. The guard opened the door that led to the walled area, revealing the stallion. For some reason, his facial features seemed different, like his face had softened. It was also lined with tears, and there were bloodied lines on his legs and torso. He quietly took his seat and refused to look at Pinkie for a while.

"Hey..." He said. Pinkie reeled back in surprise. His voice sounded different. Usually he sounded unforgiving, hostile, and deceitful. Now, he sounded sincere, caring, and above all else, it suddenly had an accent like Rarity's. Maybe there really was a second personality. He sighed and dropped his head.

"I can't tell you what it's like to be on this side of the glass..." He said. Pinkie observed the stallion and squinted. Something had to be going on.

"What's your real name?" She asked with a hostile tone.

"Blue Bolt." He said calmly.

"Why? Why did you do all of this?" She asked. Blue looked into her eyes, revealing how much of a mess he was. His mane was unkept, and his eyes were red from tears.

"My father... He forced me too... He was the original killer... He demanded an heir, and I was an only child. I never wanted to do it, but I just played along... I was afraid he would kill me too if I didn't. I was young... Life was... Precious... To me..." He said. He lowered his head in shame.

"What I didn't know... Was that I was developing a dark... heartless personality the whole time... He grew stronger with each kill... I should have seen it coming... One day that personality took control away from me... and killed a victim by himself... Without my father telling me to..." The stallion hung his head and rubbed his hoof through his mane. He whispered something underneath his breath, but Pinkie couldn't hear it. She leaned forward, urging him to continue.

"That's it. That's how it started. My murderous personality took control so many times... I couldn't get over the guilt... I tried turning myself in, but the other would take control of me and take me away. I grew so desperate to the point where I sought the help of a doctor. That's when I met my wife." Blue shook his head and rubbed his hoof through his mane again. Pinkie lost her harsh nature and loosened up.

"Did... Did she help you through it?"

"She understood everything, and didn't grow angry when I admitted my other personality was a murderer." Blue smiled lightly and chuckled.

"For the first time in years, I was happy again. I was happy whenever she was around. I developed feelings for her, and got to know her personally. After a few years, I asked her to marry me, and she said yes. I thought everything was going to be okay, the personality was surfacing less, and I was happy." The stallion frowned, tears forming in his eyes.

"I was so wrong... The personality came back five years afterward... Taking my pride and joy away from me... He... He forced me to watch as she bled out... Only giving me back control when she was in her last minutes of life." He said. He stopped speaking for a moment and sobbed quietly to himself. Pinkie sat back and pondered this. His father forced him to kill... And the personality arose from that... Killing anypony that threatened to expose his secret. Blue continued once he had stopped crying. The death of his wife forced him to take care of his four year old daughter alone. He always treated he like a queen, loving her, caring for her, giving her almost anything. But the other personality was abusive, mentally physically, and... other ways. After the first incident, Blue locked himself away, cutting himself to try to remove his grief. Trixie began to feel abandoned by her father, and took to performing to try and gain love that way. When she went into depression, Blue resurfaced and tried to comfort her, but Trixie was furious at her father. She accused him of abandoning her, and not truly loving her. That tore at Blue badly, and he fell into an even worse depression. Eventually, he did manage to patch up his relationship with her after the event in Ponyville. Whenever he felt his "other" personality coming, he would send her away. He didn't want to cause her any more pain than what was already caused. He learned to balance the personalities, and spent time with Trixie when he could. A few months ago, the other personality violently took control, and placed her in the position that they had found her in. Blue had to leave her there, since the other personality threatened taking control again, and killing her.

"So... If you hated it so much... Why didn't you just kill yourself? You don't exactly seem like you were opposed to it."

"Believe me I tried... But that demon took my control away and stopped me every time." He said. Pinkie sighed. This personality seemed to hate everything about his other self, if he was that desperate to get rid of it.

"After he forced you to kill your best friend, I decided that I had enough. I placed a chip in my head and created a group beacons that would lead the Princess and her guards to me... So I could be stopped. Yesterday, I sent her the beacon, saying that I could be found that way." Blue looked up to Pinkie, his lips were quivering, all while biting his lip.

"You have to help me with Trixie... She... needs... somepony, to look after her." He said with sorrow in his voice. Pinkie nodded.

"I'll look after her."

"Please... I don't want her to be like me..." He said. Pinkie once again looked at his scars, wondering how they got there. Blue explained that each personality was getting different treatment. He was getting therapy, but the evil personality was getting torture.

"Visiting hours are up." A guard said. Pinkie nodded and stood.

"Pinkie." Blue said before she walked out the door. Pinkie looked back to him, he was still sitting there, forelegs crossed, leaning on the table by the window.

"Don't let go of who you are." He said. Pinkie didn't know what he meant, but nodded regardless.