• Published 20th Jan 2018
  • 1,487 Views, 73 Comments

Equestria Girls: Friendship is Chaotic - raven618



Rarity enters a strange password into her Chaotic scanner. Should be harmless, right?

  • ...
2
 73
 1,487

Explanations Ch04

Rarity opened her locker and took out the blue device. From what her sister told her, she could send a part of her, her code as her sister called it, into Chaotic and still leave the rest of her here to finish school. 'Well, I might as well give it a try.' She hit the red button on top of the scanner and was whisked away to Chaotic. She saw all three Crusaders and Lightning Dust sitting at one of the tables.

"Well, the triumphant returns." the golden haired girl joked when she saw Rarity walking towards them.

"Very funny." She chuckled as she sat down.

A robot floated up to their table, "Would you like anything for lunch?" It asked.

"You girls hungry?" Sweetie asked the group.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I could go for a sub-sandwich." Scootaloo suggested. The rest of the table agreed that that sounded good.

"Five sub-sandwiches, two without tomatoes," she double checked with her sister to make sure she guessed her order right "and turkey meat."

"Could I get beef instead?" Lightning asked.

"Make it four with turkey and one with beef. Also five glasses of two percent milk."

"You got it." the floating droid then left.

Rarity looked at the scanner in her hand, she had Lomma's scan on the screen. "Lightning, when we were battling. Did you, remember anything that, felt like it wasn't your memory but..."

"But belonged to Krekk?" she finished the fashionista's sentence. Rarity nodded. "I sure did, and I take it you saw some of Lomma's memories."

"I-She was on patrol with Staluk. Then she was testing a new Torrent Krinth- whatever that is." Both girls looked to the younger trio for some answers.

"Okay, do ya remember how we told y'all how you transport from Earth to Chaotic?" Apple Bloom asked, both girls remembered, "Well, that's jus' the first step. You can also transport from Chaotic, to Perim."

"Perim," Sweetie picked up the explanation, "is the world where the Chaotic game is real. Like, really real."

"You mean, that's where the real Lomma and Krekk and Riverlands are." Lightning said. The Crusaders nodded.

"I take it you've all been there."

"Eeyup." Apple Bloom said imitating her brother, "See the transporter will take you to Perim as well." she pointed at the transport pad where a green haired girl in a brown striped sweater was getting on. "You select one of your location cards and transport your code to that location." The girl vanished in a flash of white. "Once you're there, you can use your scanner to scan other locations and any creatures, battlegear, or mugic you find. Then you can use those scans in your drome matches, and online matches."

"Just be careful if you do." Scootaloo added, "Most creatures aren't very trusting of humans." At this point the robot returned with their lunch.

Apple Bloom took a bite of her sandwich, "Well, it more depends on which tribe your dealing with, Overworlders are usually cautious, but they are known to be more open than the other tribes."

"Overworlders. Those are the creatures with the blue cards like Lomma and Vidav, right?" Lightning asked.

"Right." Sweetie Belle continued, "They're mostly human-like or animal people. They control the most territory: mostly forests, mountains, rivers and lakes; with a scattering of different villages and castles. The only major city is Kiru City, the capital."

"What about the Underworld?"

"It's mostly subterranian, hence the name. There is a lot less conformity between the inhabitants. In fact, if it weren't for the ruling body, the Underworlders might start destroying each other. They are also very hostile towards humans. Apparently, we taste good. I'd try and avoid the Underworld if I were you."

Considering some of the 'adventures' her sister and her friends got up to in the past, Rarity was glad they had learned to set some boundaries. However, she was deeply worried by Lightning Dust. She was looking at her scanner with the same look in her eyes that Rainbow Dash got whenever she and Applejack got into one of their dares. It was a look that said 'challenge accepted.'

Scootaloo swallowed a huge bite of her sandwich, "Yeah, your better off exploring Mipedian territory. They control the desert of Al-Mipedim and live mostly around the various oases. They're mostly lizard people and very cool once you get to know them."

"Yeah, if you can find them." Apple Bloom muttered into her milk cup.

"This coming from the fan of the tribe with the least territory."

"Hey, the Danians may only have one major location, but it's plenty big enough for the whole tribe." She pulled out her brown colored scanner and showed the rest of the table a location scan. "Behold, Mount Pillar." It looked like a collection of termite mounds connected by thin bridges.

"Are you insinuating that that thing is a mountain?" Rarity asked.

"Yup. The Danians have carved out the mountain into their home. Gotta admit that's pretty immpresive."

"Yeah? Well those bugs have a long way to go before they're the rulers of Perim."

"And I suppose the Mipedians are going to work up the courage to launch an invasion any time soon?"

"Okay girls," Rarity quickly got between the girls before an actual fight broke out, "there must be some non-violent way you can solve your argument."

"There's a Mipedian versus Danian match going on in the Hotek drome right now." Sweetie Belle suggested. All the girls looked at the screen Sweetie was pointing to. Two boys had just finished setting up their battleboards. The orange skinned boy with a brown buzz-cut had a brown Danian with large green eyes as his creature. The green skinned boy with the baseball cap had a green Mipedian who looked a little like a neighponese dragon wearing armor.

"UltraMax," the drome master said, "Since you accepted Lizardman's challenge, you will be the attacking player. Spin the location randomizer." The orange skinned boy gave it a spin. "The location, Forest of Life."

"Ibiaan attacks Uro." Both players were wrapped in the white transformation energy, leaving behind a huge brownish red bug standing on four legs with two arms, and a large yellowish green dragon lizard in their places.

"Oh, this ought to be good." Scootaloo said, "There is no way Uro is going to let some bug get the best of him."

"Yeah yeah, just watch an see."

The screen showed the Danian, Ibiaan, climbing over a fallen tree. He was scanning the tree line intently, when he was hit from behind by a buzzing sphere of embers. Spinning around quickly the insectoid launched a stream of pebbles at the spot where the attack had come from. Uro suddenly burst into existence as the stone projectiles made contact.

"Wha-What was that?" Lightning asked.

"Ah told you," Apple Bloom answered, "Mipedians are cowards. They're too scared to face their enemies head on so they use underhanded techniques like invisibility to win." Scootaloo shot the young cow-girl a dirty look but said nothing.

Back at the match, Uro was sucking in air before letting it out in a piercing scream. Ibiaan grabbed the sides of his head, the Shriek Shock attack overwhelming him. Before he had a chance to counter attack, Uro had hit him again, this time with a wave of blue-white Spirit Gust attack.

"I will admit Apple Bloom," Scootaloo said with a smirk, "Danians can be dangerous, when they're together. In a one on one match like this however, they don't stand a chance."

Apple Bloom was going to make a retort, but found she didn't have to as Ibiaan activated his battlegear, a Vlaric Shard. The pale blue crystal glowed as nearly a dozen vines erupted from the ground around Uro's feet. Before he had a chance to flee, he was thoroughly immobilized.

"You were saying?" Scootaloo took another bite of her sandwich, aggressively.

It looked like Lizardman was starting to panic, he began cutting away at the vines with swipes of razor sharp air. Unfortunately UltraMax wasn't finished with him. He hit him with a Delerium attack, followed by a massive shout which tore his opponent free from the vines. "Game over, Uro." the insectoid said as he closed in on his prey.

"Ember Swarm!" The same fiery attack from the start of the battle hit Ibiaan square in the face. For a moment nothing happened, Ibiaan just stood there with his head pointed at the trees overhead. Then he brought his head down with a force, and from his mouth came a stream of rust red particles. The spray enveloped the Mipedian before he exploded into code.

The screen returned to the inside of the drome room. "The winner of the match, UltraMax." The drome master announced.

"See. Ah told you Danians are better than Mipedians." Apple Bloom said triumphantly.

"You only won one match. I bet if I took you on right now, I'd trounce you."

"Listen, I'll take you on anytime anywhere!"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"They are going to be doing this a lot, aren't they?" Lightning asked.

"Oh yeah." Sweetie Belle answered as she finished her lunch.

Rarity was only half listening to the two younger girls argument. Halfway through the match her scanner went off with a notification from the drome masters. 'Lady Lomma. You next Chaotic match is scheduled for tomorrow, at 10:30 AM Central Standard Time. Your opponent will be StoneDraagon.' Rarity wasn't worried about becoming a creature again, she was actually kind of looking forward to it. No, she was worried about her first match against a Chaotic player who had a lot more experience than her.