• Published 20th Jan 2018
  • 1,487 Views, 73 Comments

Equestria Girls: Friendship is Chaotic - raven618



Rarity enters a strange password into her Chaotic scanner. Should be harmless, right?

  • ...
2
 73
 1,487

Giant Problem Ch05

Tomorrow came quicker than Rarity would have liked it. When bell rang letting the students know it was time to head to third period, she felt even more nervous than she did yesterday. Sending her code to Chaotic, she for a moment hoped she could just let her code deal with the match while she got to continue on with her school work, but there was no such luck as she was her code.

She was on the moving sidewalk leading to the Crellin Drome when she got a call on her scanner, it was Scootaloo. "Hey Rarity. Sweetie just told us about your match today. Got your strategy planned out?"

"Not really." Rarity confessed.

"Oh, well good luck any way." Her scanner went blank. 'Just the kind of pep talk I needed.' Rarity thought to herself sarcastically.

The doors to the drome opened and Rarity entered. On the other side, her opponent was already waiting. He was a large teenage boy with mud colored skin and pale blue hair styled into two spikes. His clothing was a rumpled and stained denim jacket littered with holes, on the left side was a rough design resembling a large dragon.

"I take it you are StoneDraagon?"

"And you're the newbie who got into Chaotic by accident." The boy gave a snort, "I wasn't expecting you to look so prim and proper."

Rarity gave her clothes a once-over, "And what is wrong with looking proper, might I ask?"

The boy slid his red scanner into the Scanner dock, "It's just going to get messed up when I beat you."

Rarity slid her blue scanner into her slot, "Oh it, is, on."

= = =

In the Chaotic food court, Lightning Dust and the CMC watched the two players set up their decks. A few tables away, the same orange haired heckler from Rarity's first match sat with a bunch of other unpleasant looking individuals.

"Gee boss," said a purple skinned boy whose blonde hair covered his eyes, "Why did we all have to watch this match? It's just some fancy girl, Clump is going to trounce her."

"Yeah!" Said another portly teen, "I got scanning to do."

"You will do what I tell you to do!" the ginger snapped. The rest of the group shut up and waited for the match to start. 'There is something about this girl,' he thought to himself 'something that I don't like.'

= = =

Rarity dialed through her creature cards, she was tempted to use Lomma again but decided to try out a different creature instead. 'Laarina is the only other female creature I have, and I'm not ready to try living in a boy's mind just yet.' So she put the four legged scout onto her battle board.

For battlegear she choose the Elixir of Tenacity, and for Mugic she went with the Song of Resurgence. Once her locations were selected the battle began. "Lock your decks." the drome master announced. StoneDraagon's creature was a repulsive looking Underworld troll. 'Fitting.' Rarity thought to herself.

"The attacking player will be... Lady Lomma. Spin the location randomizer." Rarity gave the white dial a good twist, for it to fall on, "Gigantempopolis."

"Laarina attacks, Kughar!" Rarity shouted. As the white transformitive energy collected around her, Rarity felt her waist suddenly grow longer and heavier. When it passed, she was about a half foot shorter than she was, and had four legs growing out of her abdomen.

Her opponent stood a few feet taller than before, and with bulging muscles to match his weight. "Let's get chaotic!"

= = =

Rarity was having trouble just walking as Laarina, how was she going to fight? She had materialized outside the city's gate, on top of what looked like stairs, except that each step was ten feet tall. She debated between going inside the city to look for her opponent, or staying outside. It would make sense for him to be in there, but something in Laarina's mind was telling her to stay out of the city.

Her debate was cut short when the stone above her exploded into gravel. Turning around quickly, she saw her opponent several meters behind her. "Power Pulse!" He screamed, from his fists came a barrage of green energy fists which hit Laarina square in the chest. She was sent flying backwards and down a few of the oversized steps. Somehow finding her footing again, she saw Kughar charging towards her, slowly making his way down the steps. She fired off a Steam Rage attack, but it had little effect on the muscular figure.

At times like this there were two options, Fight or Flight. The survival instinct of standing and fighting off the danger, or running away. If it had been Rainbow or Applejack standing there, they would have fought back against the Underworlder. If it had been Fluttershy or Twilight, they would have chosen to fly away. Sunset and Pinkie might have gone either way, standing their ground or fleeing. But they weren't there, Rarity was, and she choose the third, unmentioned option. She sat down, closed her eyes and did nothing.

= = =

"What is she doing!?!?" Sweetie Belle screamed. The rest of the Crusaders were equally confused.

= = =

Clump had reached his opponent, only to find her sitting down, motionless. In hindsight he could have ended her right then, right there. Instead he did what anyone would do in his position, question it. "What are you doing? Are- are you giving up? Figures, a girl like you can't play the game right." Sighing he lifted his hand, in his palm was a sphere of pure fire. "Any last words before I finish you, pretty lady?"

Laarina placed her hands on the ground in front of her. "Lavalanche." Immediately the stone under Clump's feet turned into red hot magma, burning his hide and washing him further down the stairs.

Rarity stood up and breathed a sigh of relief that her gambol paid off. "Now for a recharge. Song of Resurgence!" If anyone had been watching her battle board, they would have seen one of the blue heptagons over Laarina's picture fly into the blue mugic icon on the left side of her board.

As the seven Mugic notes went up the scale, Laarina was bathed in a pinkish white light that wrapped around her with pink and blue ribbons. The light and music filled her with energy, giving her the strength to fight back.

Down at the bottom of the stairs, Clump had finally recovered from that girls sneak attack. He heard the sound of the Mugic, and he knew that it had healed her injuries. But she had made one fatal mistake, she made him angry. The Lavalanche had melted a trench into the stone stairs, making the climb back up a bit easier. At the top of the trench, Laarina stood there waiting.

"Ash Torrent!"

"Rustoxic!"

Rust met heated ash between the two combatants. Each was saved from any serious harm from the attacks, but still suffered some damage from the spray. As Kughar continued to make his way upward, Rarity ended her attack and moved away from the trench. "Quick Exit!" She fired a small beam of white light at the Underworlder, momentarily blinding him and driving him further into a rage.

He launched an Ectospasm attack at her, making her drop to three legs an stopping her retreat. But before he could bring down the final attack, Rarity let out an ear splitting scream.
"Thunder Shout!"
Clump had to hold his ears in pain, his eyes forced shut by the wind that was emanating from her mouth. When he opened them, he was back in the drome, as himself, with Laarina standing triumphantly on the other side.

"The winner of the match, Lady Lomma."

= = =

Rarity approached her sister and friends, but instead of congratulating her on her win, her sister looked like she wanted to hit her. "What were you thinking!? Do you have any idea how close you were to getting coded when you pulled that little stunt? Ten energy. You only had ten energy left. If he had attacked you, you would lost the match."

"I was aware of the risks involved. But I needed time to cast my Mugic, not to mention learn how. If I attacked him then and there, it wouldn't have been enough. I had to make him lower his guard."

"Well you certainly accomplished that." Lightning commented. Sweetie was still upset with sister, but had to admit that her plan did work.

= = =

Clump came back to the rest of the group with his head held low. The rest of the group jeering him.

"You can't even beat one newbie girl."

"You don't deserve to be called a Dragon."

"Kick him out of the Horde, Boss!"

Clump looked at the red skinned leader of the 'Dragon Horde,' his back was turned towards the defeated player. "Boss, I'm sorry, I don't know what happened. That girl, she was-"

"Quiet." He interrupted his flunky, "I wasn't sure before, but after seeing that match, I'm now positive about what needs to be done." He turned around slowly, then leaned in very close to Clump's face, making him swallow in fear. "We're going to take down that girl."

Clump breathed a sigh of relief while the rest of the boys were just confused. "Uh, Garble? What are you taking about?" One of them asked.

The leader, Garble, took out his scanner and began sifting through his scans. "I've seen that girl battle twice now. Each time it looked like her back was against the wall, only for her to turn it around and pull out a win. It may just be a coincidence. But I've maintained my record by not believing in coincidences." He looked up at his men. "I want you guys to stay away from her and those three Crusaders she's got as her cheering team. Same for that other newbie girl, Lightning something. If you're in a scheduled match with them, do what you want to, but don't antagonize them." His mouth curved into a wickedly toothy grin, "Not until I give the word that is."

Author's Note:

Sorry this one is kind of short.

For any readers wondering when we'll start going to Perim, soon, but not yet.