• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 1,272 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls-Manehattan University - Burning_Heart



The Gang from the Equestria Girl movies are about to take on their toughest challenge yet, College!

  • ...
4
 15
 1,272

Ch. 8-Time to debut pt.2

"EVERYONE, THIS WAY. MOVE, MOVE, MOVE," yelled Fizzlepop. She directs a group of students who are running away from an Ursa Major that showed up out of nowhere. She looks over to see a couple of students falling behind, with the Ursa Major following behind. One is a girl with white hair and wearing light blue and the other is another girl with purple hair with a mint green strike. One of the girls' trips over and fall and the other girl turns around, "Starlight!" She runs to her friend and tries to help her up, "Starlight, come on we need to move!"

"I'm sorry, Trixie, but I can't. I twisted my ankle." The Ursa Major stops right next to them and looks down at the two and they begin to tear up. "What are you two doing, get out of there," yelled Fizzlepop. The Ursa Major lifts it's paw up and starts to bring it down on the two, Trixie tries to cover Starlight, thinking it's the end for them. But nothing happens, both Trixie and Starlight look up and sees a girl in teal green, holding the massive paw up with her bare hands. "Don't just stand there, get movin," said Applejack. Fizzlepop approaches the two on the ground and helps Trixie lift up Starlight with her good arm. They get away, and out of nowhere a giant diamond appears behind them, creating a wall of diamonds to block the Ursa Major from going any further.

"I don't think there are any more people around," said Pinkie Pie.

"Good," said Applejack. She uses her super strength to push the Ursa Major up, causing it to become off balanced. While off balanced, Pinkie grabs a handful of sprinkles from her back pocket and sends magic to them. She throws them in the air in front of the Ursa Major face and the sprinkles explode like fireworks, making the Ursa Major fall over. "Hows that wall comin Rarity," said Applejack.

"And there. It's done and I must say looks fabulous," said Rarity as she finishes constructing a wall made out of diamonds.

"So what do we do now," asked Pinkie Pie?

Suddenly, a voice can be heard inside the three girl's heads, "Testing, can anyone hear me." It's Sunset Shimmer, speaking directly into the minds of the others. "Sunset? How in the blazes are you doing this," asked Applejack.

"I'm using my telepathy to form a link to all of us so that we can talk to each with our mind. It would be best if no one hears us talk, they might recognize our voices."

"She's right, so for now on we shouldn't speak, just think what you want to say," said Twilight.

Suddenly, everyone can hear Rainbow Dash, "Okay, despite how weird this is, I have good news. I found the portal, it's at the Apollo Theater."

"WOOHOO, way to go, Dashie," said Pinkie Pie.

"That's great Rainbow, now get together with Applejack's group," said Sunset.

"You got it," said Rainbow Dash and she runs to join up with her group.

"Okay, so now we just have to get the Ursa Major to the theater," said Rarity.

"Yep, this will be a piece of cake," said Pinkie. But from the corner of her eye, Applejack looks over to see people who didn't make it past the wall, but then she realizes that she received them. It's Rosebud, Brownie Bite, Allegretto, Star Chaser, and Flash Sentry. Rosebud sees the group and she waves her arms and yells to get their attention, "Jackie, over here. We've come to help," but in the prosses, she gets the attention of the Ursa Major.

"Aw, horseapples."

____________________

Back over with Sunset's group, they are getting closer to Riverside Park. Suddenly Fluttershy comes to a stop, so Sunset and Twilight stop as well and talk to her telepathically, "What's wrong Fluttershy," asked Sunset.

"I have a feeling that we're being followed." Sunset tries to hone in on the targets and sure enough, she can read the minds of someone following them, "Twilight, grab him," said Sunset and points in the direction of the person. So Twilight uses her powers to levitate an unknown person off the ground from a few yards away and bring him to them. It was a boy with blue bowl-cut hair wearing a brown shirt, Sunset gets in his face, scaring him in the process, demanding to know who he is, "Alright answer, who are you and why are you following us."

"Sunny, wait, he's with us." A familiar voice calls out and the girls look over to see Burning Heart, Ginger Ale, and Timber Spruce. In her own voice, a confused Sunset ask, "Burnie? What are you all doing here?"

"Sunset, Darling, we have a little problem over here." Sunset hears Rarity's voice in her head talking to her and replies, "Let me guess, it's Rosie and the other, isn't it?"

"Yes, and they say they want to help."

Sunset signal Twilight to put the boy down and she does so. "So Sunny, this is Styx and-"

"I don't care who he is," yelled Sunset but she looks over at Stygian and tells him, "Not that I'm mad at you or anything."

"Oh no it's quite alright," said Stygian.

"Sunset, we need to get going. We don't have to waste," said Twilight.

"You're right. Burnie, you all need to get out of here. Now."

"No Sunny, we know it's dangerous, but we don't want you all to get hurt," said Burning.

"He's right," said Timper. He walks for to Twilight and grabs her hands softly, making Twilight blush. "Twilight is my girlfriend and I won't stand back while she puts herself in danger."

"Mister Spruce is right. A gentleman must always help a lady in need," said Ginger Ale. He looks over at Fluttershy gives her a wink, making her blush.

"And I can't stand to stand back and don't nothing if I can help some, I may be weak, but I'm smart," said Stygian.

"So what do you say, can we help or what," asked Burning. Sunset looks to see everyone determined to help out. "Alright, but we're going to talk about this when it's all over, deal?"

"Deal." Both Sunset and Burning shake hands in agreement and the whole group run of to find the Usra Minor.

____________________

"No Deal," said Applejack.

"But why not," said Rosebud.

"In case you didn't know, we are going up against a giant magical bear." Points at the Ursa Major fighting off against Rarity, who is creating diamond shields to block its swiping claws, Pinkie throwing more exploding confetti, and Rainbow running around its feet, jumping up to kick it.

"Now Y'all need to get out of here before someone gets hurt," said Applejack to Rosebud and her group. Brownie Bite walks away and heads to Pinkie Pie's location. "Now where in tarnation do you think you're going."

Brownie stops walking to speak, "Look Applejack, I know you're just trying to look out for us, but that's what we're trying to do too." He then he starts running to Pinkie Pie's location. He arrives, "Pinkie!" Pinkie looks to see Brownie next to her with shock and excitement, "Brownie? What are you doing here?"

"I came to help."

"Thinks, but I'm running low on ammo, so unless you have any dessert topping I don't know if-."

"Who said I didn't." Then from the apron in his uniform, he pulls out a few boxes of sprinkles, "You never know when a cake needs some decoration." A big grin forms on Pinkie's face, "Your the best." She lean to give him a hug. She lets go and he hands over the sprinkles.

Star Chaser star to walk away next. "Look, I'll admit that this whole thing is really scary, but when I was racing Rainbow she didn't go all out and refuses to lose to someone I know is faster than me." He runs off to catch up to Rainbow Dash. In the midst of one of her jump and kick attacks, the Ursa Major swaps, hitting Rainbow in the process. Rainbow Dash goes flying and is about to hit the ground, but not before getting caught by Star Chaser. She looks up to see him holding her bridal style and gets red in the face, "Chase! What are you-,"

Star Chaser interrupts her saying, "Look, Bowie when this is all over, you and I are training and you better not hold back on me. Deal?" She nods her head in agreement and Star Chaser puts her down.

Allegretto is the next to leave as he heads to Rarity. "Allegretto, get back here," yelled Applejack. But he keeps running, ignoring her. Allegretto reaches Rarity, much to her surprise, "Allegretto dear, what are you-," but he puts his finger to her lips to make her stop talking, he signals her to follow her while Pinkie and Rainbow have its attention and sneak behind it.

"Let me guess, you want to help too, Flash," asked Applejack.

"Well, that's why I'm here," said Flash and he runs off to try and find if anyone didn't get passed the diamond wall Rarity created. Applejack starts to rub the temples of her head with her hands, but suddenly Rosebud grabs one of Applejack's hands and she holds it within both her hand. Applejack looks and starts to blush. "Listen, Jackie, we all know it's dangerous for us that don't have any magical powers like you all do. But we can help out just as much. I mean just look."

Applejack looks and sees that Brownie Bite is giving Pinkie more dessert topping to use as ammo. Star Chaser is helping to distract the Ursa Major while Rainbow Dash attacks it. And Allegretto is showing Rarity that she should make a cage with her powers. "So can we help?" Applejack looks at Rosebud, who is giving the puppy dog eyes, and she caves in, "Oh alright."

"A.J., can you hear me?"

"Is that you Sunset," thought Applejack, talking to Sunset in her head.

"Ya, have you all made any progress yet," Sunset asked.

"We're still working on it."

____________________

"OK, well we just found the Ursa Minor, and it's not alone."

Sunset and her group arrive at their location to find the Ursa Minor, but it's being watched over by three people who look possessed. "Blank white eyes, it's just like Rainbow said, they must be under the Shadow Man's control."

"What should we do," asked Fluttershy.

"What's the big deal, their just people," said Timber. Then in the blink of an eye, one of the people appear in front of Timber and before anyone has a chance to do something, they punch Timber in the gut knocking him out and they return to the others. With the shock of what happened, everyone gathers around Timber to make sure he's okay. Twilight lifts up his head and rest it in her lap, "Timber, say something, please," cried Twilight. Stygian places his head to Timber's chest to try and hear a heartbeat.

*bump-bump*bump-bump*bump-bump*

"Don't worry, he's only unconscious right now," said Stygian. Everyone sighs a breath of relief for the good news. "We need to move him out of the way and to make sure that nothing else happens to him."

"Can you do that Styx," asked Burning. Stygian nods and he lifts Timber off Twilight and moves him out of the way so that he can keep an eye on him. "So ladies, what should we do now," asked Ginger? Everyone takes a stance in case the three people decide to attack again. But just like before, one of the people charges at them to attack, but the geode from Twilight begins to glow. She places her hands up and the person charging at them stops and is surrounded by a purple aura. Everyone looks over and Twilight pushes the person back to the others.

"I have an idea," said Sunset as if a light bulb turned on in her head. She sends a telepathic message to Twilight and Fluttershy. Both girls nod in agreement and go to make their move. Both Burning and Ginger are confused but decide to follow the girls anyway. The three possessed people start to move but Twilight stops them in their tracks. Fluttershy runs passed them, followed by Ginger Ale, and makes it to the Ursa Minor. She looks to see that the Ursa Minor is scared and she uses her powers to talk to animals, she tells it, "Oh it's going to be okay, my friends and I are going to make sure you and your mother get back home safely." It looks over and walks closer to her. It begins to sniff her and feeling no ill will from her, it nuzzles up to Fluttershy, "Aw, your just a little baby boy, aren't you." Ginger looks over at Fluttershy petting the Ursa Minor and thinks to himself, "She really does have a way about her."

Sunset steps up next to Twilight asking her, "Can you hold them Twi?"

"Yes but I don't know how long, I thought I could only levitate thing, so it's kind of new to me."

"If you can, hold them for just a little longer." Sunset sends Fluttershy a message, "Fluttershy, you need to get him to the theater, we'll stay behind to hold them back."

"Alright, we'll be back as quick as we can," thought Fluttershy. She tells the Ursa Minor and Ginger Ale to follow her to the Apollo Theather. Burning runs and finds a couple of sturdy tree branches and hands one to Sunset. "Sunny, think we can hold them off."

"I hope so."

Twilight's magic goes down and the three possessed people charge at them. Thanks to being in her high school fencing club, Sunset gets in position, imaging the branch is a fencing foil. She uses her telepathy to read the minds of her opponent before they attack and deflects their hits. Burning, with no fighting skills what so ever, try his best just to dodge the incoming hits. Twilight gets back up, and with only having to deal with one person is able to levitate in the air, preventing them from moving. Suddenly, Sunset receives a message from Rainbow Dash, "Hey, Sunset, hows things on your end."

"Not great."

"Hold on I'll be right there." A few seconds later, a rainbow blur shows up and goes passed the possessed people and all three of them fall to the ground and standing there is Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow, what are you doing here and what did you do?"

"Oh that, well I just knocked them out, also we captured the Ursa Major."

"What," yelled Sunset.

"Well, Pinkie and I kept it distracted while Rarity made a cage and trapped her inside. And right now, AJ is carrying her to the theater now."

"Well, that's good. We should probably go meet up with the others," said Burning.

"Ya, I guess your right," said Sunset. She looks over a Twilight and sees that she's looking in the direction that Stygian took Timber. Sunset places her hand on Twilight's shoulder, she looks up at Sunset. "Come on Twi, just believe that in Timber."

"Ya, your right. We should see this through," said Twilight. Everyone then begins to head to the portal's location.

____________________

Time passed and everyone is at the Apollo Theater where the portal is located at and both Ursa Major and Ursa Minor are reunited. "Sorry for being rough with you, ma'am," said Applejack. The Ursa Major gives a growl.

"Translation, Fluttershy," asked Sunset.

"She's saying she's just glad to be reunited with her cub," said Fluttershy. The Ursa Major and Ursa Minor walk through the portal and as they make though, the girls use their powers to seal the portal. Then all at once, everyone falls to the ground in unison, due to execution and Sunset and the rest of the girls go back to their normal forms. "So that just happened," said Rainbow.

Everyone gets back up and start to walk back to the campus. "Okay, so when we get back, we're going to get an explanation to this, right," asked Star Chaser.

"Can we do that tomorrow, I'm tired, and I need to do something about all this sweat," said Rarity.

"And I want to make sure Timber is doing better," said Twilight.

"I do have to say, if Y'all didn't help when ya did, it would have been a lot harder to catch ol'mama bear," said Applejack.

Sunset walks behind the group, looking at all the new people that now know about magic and thinks about how she's going to explain it all. "Hey, why the long face, Sunny," asked Burning. Sunset looks at Burning Heart walking next to her and sighs, "Well, so much on waiting to tell everyone about magic when I was ready, huh."

"Hey, you had no idea, that all this was going to happen."

"I guess you're right."

"Besides, look. Now that everything is out in the open, doesn't everyone look closer." Sunset look ahead and sees that every one of her friends, new and old, seem to happier talking to one another now that there's nothing to hide. "Haha, I guess you're right."

*STAB*

"Speaking of everything out in the open, weren't you tell me something earlier Burnie," said Sunset. But no response.

*THUD*

"Burnie?" Sunset turns around and what she saw horrified her. It was Burning Heart, laying on the ground, with a stab wound in his back. "BURNING!" Sunset runs to his side, and her yell grabbed the attention of the others and they see the horror. Everyone runs next to Sunset who is hold Burning in her arm with tears pouring down her face.

"Burnie, no no NO, you can't leave me too," cried Rosebud.

"What happened here," asked Flash.

"Muhahaha, aw yes, this is what I was hoping for." A mysterious voice calls out and everyone looks up and sees a man in a black hoodie, flying over them with a long tendril-like arm, "True and utter despair. It's simply delicious, no?"

"Who are you," yelled Rainbow Dash.

"Are you sure that's what you all should be worried about." Everyone looks over at Sunset holding Burning. "Rainbow, run me and Burnie to CHS to the statue," said Sunset.

"But I don't know if I-"

"PLEASE!" Rainbow pause and nods. She turns back into a Crystal Guardian and grabs both Sunset and Burning and runs off to CHS. Once the three are gone, everyone looks up to sees that the man from before disappeared. "Quick we need to get to our house," yelled Twilight. Everyone begins to run, following Twilight. "Why, what at your all's house," asked Brownie Bite.

"It's where Sunset has her journal to Princess Twilight!"

Back with Rainbow Dash, she runs at her top speed, but with still with a couple hundred miles away from CHS, she fills like she won't make it in time and Burning won't make it. So she pushes herself harder, trying to get more speed. She begins to think back to her training with Star Chaser.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In her memory, she loses another race to Star Chaser. She falls to the ground and slams her fist down, "Darn it, why can't I beat you."

"You need motivation, Bowie," said Star.

"But that's why I'm training with you, to make me faster." Star Chaser walks over to Rainbow and bends down, "Why, are you going to be competing or something."

"Well, no but-"

"Listen, Rainbow. I don't know why you want to run faster, but the right motivation doesn't come from here-," he points to his head and moves his fingers to his chest, over his heart, "-but in here." He gets back up and goes to grab a bottle of water. He takes a drink and another bottle and throws it to Rainbow. She catches it. "Do you want to know why I run."

"Sure, why not."

"I run because of my family. I grew up poor and we couldn't afford to send me any kind of school. But I knew that I was fast, so I tried out for track and field and through years of hard work, I was able to go to college on a track scholarship. I dream of going to the Olympics and earn enough money to support my family. That why you need the right motivation."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And she found it, cause at that moment, her geode glows. Not wanting to let someone she cares about losing someone they care about, Rainbow takes one step and she breaks the sound barrier. She starts to run so fast, that in mere seconds they arrive at CHS in front of the status in mere seconds. "Thanks, Rainbow," said Sunset. Sunset lift Burning up she takes him with her through the portal to Equestria and Rainbow runs back to Manehattan.

Arriving on the other side of the portal, Sunset and Burning arrive in Twilight's basement, both as ponies, and Sunset starts yelling, "TWILIGHT, WHERE ARE YOU!" The sound of hoofs begin to gallop down the stairs to the basement and it's Princess Twilight Sparkle. Twilight speaks, "Sunset? What are you-" but stops and she sees Burning Heart laying the ground, injured. "Who is that?"

"Not now, if we help him now, he's going to die!"