• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 1,272 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls-Manehattan University - Burning_Heart



The Gang from the Equestria Girl movies are about to take on their toughest challenge yet, College!

  • ...
4
 15
 1,272

Ch. 15-Reunions and Formation

Over at Manehattan University, Twilight Sparkle and Timber Sprue are having a study session on a campus courtyard. Twilight lays out a set of questions for Timber Spruce to try and answer. But he is having trouble thinking of an answer. "Come on, Timber. I know you're smart enough to answer this. I'll ask one more time, 'Materials for rain-proof coats and tents owe their water-proof properties to..." Timber tries to think of an answer when it suddenly hits him, "Surface tension."

"Light from the star, Alpha Centauri, which is nearest to the earth after the sun, reaches the earth in..."

"4.2 years."

"And finally, Nuclear sizes are expressed in a unit named..."

"Fermi." He answered the three question that Twilight set up for him and now he waits to see if he got any of them right or not. Twilight sits there quietly to let the tensions build up with Timber staring directly at her. Then she smiles at him and says, "You did it, Timber. You got all three right." Timber gives a sly smile, "Of course. Did you also know that a Fermi is a unit of length equal to 10-15meter or one femtometer that's used in nuclear physics is similar to the diameter of a proton?"

"Wow, someone sure has been studying hard lately. Maybe you deserve a reward," said Twilight. She bats her eyes at him and Twilight asks him, "So? What reward do you want?"

"Oh, I'm pretty sure you know what I want," said Timber. He leans in towards Twilight and she leans in towards Timber and the two kiss. They stop kissing and just stare into each other's eyes. Suddenly a group of five are walking by when one of them spots Twilight and they stop. "Twilight, is that you?" Twilight and Timber both stop to see who it was that called out to Twilight. She looks over to see the group of five. Sunny Flair, Sour Sweet, Sugarcoat, Indigo Zap, and Lemon Zest.

"Oh my gosh, I had no idea you all were coming to Manehattan U. You should have told me," asked Twilight

"You could have easily have told us as well. It doesn't always have to be us," said Sugarcoat. Sunny Flair jabs at Sugarcoat in the side, "Sugarcoat, be nice now," said Sunny Flair. Twilight continues to talk to the five girls with Timber surprised to see Twilight talking to people that aren't her normal group of friends. He walks up to the group to introduce himself. "Hey, Twilight. So are you going to introduce me or what?"

"Oh ya, sorry about that. Timber these some girls that I knew from Crystal Prep. Sunny Flair, Sour Sweet, Sugarcoat, Indigo Zap, and Lemon Zest." So the former Shadowbolts introduce themselves to Timber. "Girls, this Timber Spruce, my boyfriend."

"WHAT," yelled Sour Sweet. She calms herself down and says, "I mean, That's just wonderful. I'm SO happy for you and totally not jealous at all." Everyone, excluding Timber and Lemon who has her handphones on, knew that Sour Sweet was just being sarcastic. Indigo walks over to Twilight and wraps her arm around her, "Hey now, don't think you won just because you got yourself a hottie for a boyfriend. Just you wait, I'll find someone whos way hotter."

"Um, but we're not competing or anything," said Twilight.

"Everythings a competition, Twilight. Everything," said Indigo. Sunny Sweet pulls Indigo off of Twilight. "I must say, Twilight. I would never have thought that you would get yourself a boyfriend," said Sunny.

"Especially with what happened at the friendship games," said Sugarcoat.

"C'mon, I thought we wouldn't bring that up again. Don't forget that it's partly you're alls fault too," said Twilight.

"Um, what are you talking about, Twi," asked Timber.

"Oh, it's nothing, nothing all. Oh look at the time we really should be going," said a panicking Twilight. She then grabs Timber by the arm to drag him off. "Well, girls we really should check up sometime. See you all later." Twilight walks away from the girls while dragging Timber. The group wave goodbye to Twilight and Timber. "See you soon, Twilight," said Sour Sweet. Lemon Zest takes off her headphones and she asks, "Was that Twilight's boyfriend or something."

"Just go back to your music, Lemon," said Sunny.

____________________

After a few minutes of silence after walking away from Sunny Flair and her group, Timber decided to break the silence. "So those were people you use to go to school with huh."

"What, oh yea. That's when I use to go to Crystal Prep," said Twilight.

"But what was it that one with the pigtails talking about. Something about the Friendship Games," said Timber. But Twilight didn't say anything to Timber. She thinks back to when the incident happened at the Friendship Games. With how her obsession with learning more about magic caused her to become Midnight Sparkle and almost destroyed the world. She worries that if Timber knows what happened to her back then, would he still like her and think of her as the same person.

"Listen, Timber, if it's alright with you it something I really don't like to talk about, so could we just not bring it up anymore," said Twilight. Timber looks over at Twilight and sees that she is uncomfortable talking about what back then. So he shrugs it off and tells her, "Hey don't worry about it. If you don't want to talk about it then you don't have to." Twilight smiles, happy that Timber didn't try to get her to talk about what happened. "Thank you, Timber." They walked together for a little bit longer, suddenly Timber pulled out his phone, "Oh shoot. Sorry Twilight, I need to go take care of something. You going to be alright getting back home by yourself" asked Timber.

"Yes Timber," asked Twilight.

"Cool, I'll see you tomorrow, Twilight," said Timber. He gives a quick peck on Twilight's cheek before running off. Twilight blushes and starts to head off home. Once Twilight is out of view, Timber checks his surrounding to make sure nobody is around. He dials a number on his phone and calls them up, "Hey, it's me."

____________________

Twilight reaches the Tempest Shadow house and walks to and opens the front door. "Hey girls, I'm-"

"WHY DO YOU ALL HAVE TO HANG OUT HERE," yelled Fizzlepop.

"Come on, what's the big deal, Ms. Fizzle," said Rainbow.

"The big deal is you all have a whole campus to hang out in when you're not in class, so why do you all want to hang out here. AND STOP CALLING ME THAT," said Fizzlepop.

"That's not true, we also hang out at the cafe," said Rainbow. Twilight is surprised to see Fizzlepop arguing with Rainbow Dash. So she exams the room to see whats going on. Pinkie Pie and Brownie Bite are cooking something up in the kitchen. Rarity is drawing up a new lineup of cloths with Allegretto tuning his violin. Fluttershy is having tea with Ginger Ale. Sunset and Burning are both reading books on the couch, Sunset reading a book about mythical creatures while Burning is reading a manga. Applejack and Rosebud are talking to each other on the couch next to Sunset and Burning. And Star Chaser is playing a video game on the TV with Flash Sentry.

"Hey everyone, foods ready," said Pinkie.

"Get it while it's hot," said Brownie. Everyone gets up and heads to the table for the food made by Pinkie and Brownie, except for Rainbow, Twilight, and Fizzlepop. "Um, what's going on," asked Twilight. Fizzlepop looks over at Twilight's direction and smiles, "Twilight, you're a smart one. Can you explain to them that they keep hanging out here whenever they want."

Twilight looks at her surroundings to get a feel for the area and notices that even with the number of people here, they're not being nosey. "Um, Ms. Berrytwist, all you have told us was that you wanted it to be quiet whenever you're here so that you could. Everyone has been as quiet as possible so I don't see the problem." Twilight looks up at Fizzlepop and sees that she is irritated with her left eye twitching.

"Fine, but let me say this," said Fizzlepop. She turns to the dining table that everyone is sitting at and makes her presence know. Her face so a twisted smile, scaring everyone in the house, "If anyone of you wakes me with any load noise, I'll show you something more terrifying then that giant bear from before." Fizzlepop starts to leave to head up to her room to sleep. But as she walks past the dining table, she spots a bowl of homemade dinner rolls and she snatches one away and bites into it while leaving. Before she was out of sight, everyone could hear her say, "This is good," before she enters her room.

"Well that went better then I thought," said Rainbow. She pats Twilight, getting her attention. "Come on, Twi lets join them."

"Oh yeah, sure," said Twilight. So Twilight and Rainbow join the rest of the group at the dinner table.

"So Twilight did you ask Timber if he would join us," asked Sunset.

"No sorry, I thought that with him starting his classes so late, he really need to catch up," said Twilight.

"Hey, don't worry about it, Sparky. Styx told me once he helps Tim catch up, they both should be able to help out," said Burning.

"Come now, everyone, we can talk about why we're here after we eat," said Ginger Ale. Everyone nods in agreement and enjoy their food. After a few minutes passed, everyone finishes eating and they get to the matter at hand. Sunset stands up and clears her throat to get everyone's attention.

"Thank you to everyone for coming here today. As you all know, there's a being out there called The Shadow Man who's wanting to shroud the world in darkness. We've all have come into contact with him when he tried to kill Burnie." Everyone thinks back to that moment and it sends a cold chill down there spines. "You all also know that I'm not of this world, that I'm from a world filled with magic."

"And also that you're a pony as well," said Pinkie.

"Yes Pinkie, but that's not important right now. When I was over there to get Burnie healed, we ran into the wisest unicorn in the land, Starswarl the Bearded and he told us a way to allow normal people to gain magic as well. Burnie and I will show how it works." Burning stands up as well and stands next to Sunset. He reaches into his pocket and he pulls out what looks like an old ring. Rosebud is surprised to see the ring. "Burnie. Isn't that ring..."

"You got it, Rosie. This is grandpa's wedding ring," said Burning. He hands the ring to Sunset and she grips it in her hand and she uses her other hand to grasp the geode around her neck and start to perform an enchantment on the ring.

"Stnemele, tnarg htrof rewop ot eht reraeb fo siht gnir dna evig meht ent rewop ot tcetorp."

A bright red glow begins to come from Sunset's hands catching everyone off guard. After a few moments, the glow from Sunset's hand that's holding the ring start to fade. Once the glow has completely faded away, Sunset opens her hand and the ring levitates from her hand and goes to Burning, with him catching it midair.

"What did you just do, Sunset," asked Fluttershy.

"It's a spell that I learned while I was in Equestria. With it, Burnie should be able to use magic now. Burnie has said that he would help but I'll ask one more time, The Shadow Man is building an army of his own so we to increase our own numbers.
Can we rely on you all to help us in the upcoming battle," said Sunset.

Everyone sits there quietly deep in thought. Thinking about what they know, they'll be fighting to help save the world from an upcoming darkness and the only way to stop it is to fight. Surely, one by one, the friends state their thought.

"Of course I'll help, we'll outsmart him at every turn," said Twilight.

"With my speed, he won't see whats coming," said Rainbow.

"Let's put that varmet down," said Applejack.

"This going to be so much fun," said Pinkie.

"Let's save everyone that we can," said Fluttershy.

"Don't forget, we need to look fabulous while saving the world," said Rarity.

"I finally got reunited with Sunny after all this time. There's no way I'm letting some jerk ruin that," said Rosebud.

"I'm done always being in the background. This time I'll help out too," said Flash.

"I won't let some shadow jerk ruin my dream," said Brownie.

"I won't allow any harm to come to anyone," said Ginger.

Allegretto nods his head and gives a thumbs up. Everyone looks at Star Chaser, who is the last one to say anything. He looks up and sees that everyone is looking at him. "Okay, if everyone is going to help out, might as well join too," said Star.

And with that, everyone comes to an agreement and decide to join forces to fight The Shadow Man and his army. "So what are you waiting for, Burning. Let's see this magic of your's," said Star. Everyone looks at Burning, wanting to see what he can do. So Burning takes his ring and puts it on his figure and...

Nothing.

"Um, Sunny. How do I activate it," said Burning?