• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 1,275 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls-Manehattan University - Burning_Heart



The Gang from the Equestria Girl movies are about to take on their toughest challenge yet, College!

  • ...
4
 15
 1,275

Ch. 10-A time to rest and something more

A couple of days have passed since Sunset brought Burning to Equestria so that his injury he received from the Shadow Man. At the hospital in Canterlot, Burning is asleep in a hospital bed with Sunset sitting in a chair next to his bed, waiting for him to wake up. A vibration goes off next to her and she looks at the journal that Princess Twilight has so that the two can talk to each other. She uses her magic to lift and opens up the book to see what is written in it.

"Sunset, it's Twilight. The rest of the group and I are just wondering how Burning is doing."

Sunset levitates a quill and writes a response. "The doctors say that he's stable now, it's only a matter of time before wakes up." A couple of minutes passed before she gets another message, "Well you just take your time, since there's no class going on now because of the Ursa Major incident, you two don't have to worry about missing any classes.

Sunset sighs with relief. She writes, "Cool, I'll talk to you later if something new happens," before closing the journal and puts it down. She looks over at Burning and remembers when she arrived with him a couple days ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Not now, if we help him now, he's going to die!"

Princess Twilight looks over at Burning on the floor, she sees the injury and panics. Without thinking, Twilight uses her magic and in an instant, she teleports herself, Sunset, and Burning to the Royal Palace in Canterlot, in front of both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Suprised by the intrusion, Princess Celestia asks, "Twilight Sparkle and ... Sunset Shimmer? What is the meaning of this?"

Twilight steps up and speaks, "Apologizes Princess, but it's an emergency." Celestia and Luna both look down at Burning Heart on the ground and they see his injuries. They both rise up the Celestia uses her magic to left up Burning, "Luna, we need to act fast."

Luna nods, "Of course, Sister." Luna raise her voice and commands the Royal Guard, "Guards, have it to where my sister and I are not disturbed!" The guards salute and leave the room with one approaching Sunset and Twilight, "Princess Twilight, this way while the Princess work."

"Of course. Sunset let's not distract them," said Twilight. She turns to see Sunset running to Celestia and she stops in front of the princess. "Princess, please. Save him," cried Sunset. Celestia looks at her former student and sees the tears falling down her face. She cups Sunset's face with her hoof and raises her face. A gentle smile form on the princess's face, "I'll do everything in my power to save him, Sunset Shimmer." Celestia lets go and she and Luna go into a back room try and save Burning and Sunset look onward with tears still in her eyes. A wing wraps around Sunset and she looks over to see Twilight, "Come on Sunset, just believe in them." Sunset nods and she follows Twilight out of the royal chambers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A knocking can be heard from outside Burning's room and Sunset gets up to answer the door. She opens the door and on the other side is a familiar purple unicorn, "Oh, hey Starlight," said Sunset.

"Hey Sunset, just wanted to check up on you."

"Thanks, let's step outside. I don't want to disturb his sleep," said Sunset. Starlight looks over Sunset and sees Burning laying down in his hospital bed. "Sure thing."

____________________

In the cafeteria of the hospital, Sunset is sitting at one of the tables and Starlight is bringing over to the table a couple of dandelion sandwichs and some juice and sits down. Sunset takes one of the sandwichs and bites into it, she then gets a sour look on her face, "Why does all hospital food taste like medicine."

"Well, it is a hospital," said Starlight.

"That is true," said Sunset. Both go back to eating and in the middle of their meal, Sunset asks, "So, wheres Twilight at."

"Oh, she probably at school right about now," said Starlight.

"What is she a teacher or something," said Sunset and goes to take a drink of her juice.

"Actually, she is," said Starlight and Sunset spit out her juice.

"What," yelled Sunset. Everyone in the cafeteria looks over at the two making a disturbance before a nurse shows up, "Please keep the noise down." Sunset and Starlight both apologized before the nurse leaves and they get back to their conversation. "When did this happen," asked Sunset.

"Not that long ago actually, some stuff happened and Twilight decided to open up a friendship school," said Starlight. Sunset starts to giggle after hearing that, making Starlight raise an eyebrow. "It seems like every time I come here, she's becoming more and more like Celestia. I guess that's why I never heard anything back from her."

"Does this have something to do with your friend, Sunset," asked Starlight. Sunset gets quiet and sad before looking down at the ground, "Ya, it does."

"Look, it going to be okay, Sunset."

"I know. It's just that, I lost him once a long time ago and I almost lost him again, this time for good and there are some things that I've realized that I need to tell him."

"What, I do like him or something," said Starlight before she drinks her juice. She looks over at Sunset and a soft smile forms on her face. Starlight's eyes bug out and she spits her juice out, "You do, don't you." The nurse from before comes back and tells them, "Please keep the noise down." Sunset and Starlight get up from their table and throw away their trash and head down the hallway.

"Thank you Starlight, I needed this," said Sunset.

"What do you mean," asked Starlight.

"Just having someone to talk to who isn't a princess or one of the doctor's asking questions. But I just a regular pers-pony to talk to."

"Hey, don't mention it."

As their walking down the hall, they make it to the lobby of the hospital and by the entrance, a gathering of ponies forms. "So what's that all about," asked Starlight. The pony behind the reception desk tells them, "Apairitly, both Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna are coming here to see a patient they brought here a couple of days ago. They must have just arrived." The doors open and everypony bows as the Princess walk into the hospital. Celestia spots Sunset and makes her way to her. Sunset starts to get nervous, even though she has made up with the princess thanks to another incident from before, she still gets scared when she sees her.

"Aw, Sunset Shimmer, Luna and I are just about to check up on your friend. Would you mind showing us to his room."

"No, not at all," said Sunset.

A nurse comes running to the front desk and makes a callout, "We need security down at room 115, now."

Sunset gets scared, "But that's Burning's room."

Sunset, Starlight, Celestia, and Luna make their way to Burning Heart's room and come across a doctor right outside his room and speak to him. "What seems to be the problem doctor," asked Celestia. The doctor turns and sees both princesses and bows, "Oh Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, thank you both for coming. This has something to do with the patient you both brought here."

"Whats wrong with him. I thought he was stable," asked Sunset.

"Oh no, that's not the problem. The young unicorn is awake now."

"But..." asked Starlight.

"Well, one of the nurses was inside cleaning when he came too. From what she told me when he saw her he started to freak out, saying stuff like 'what's a talking horse doing here,' and started shooting off magic bolts as if it was his first time using magic."

"Doctor, you have to let me talk to him. Let me try to calm him down," said Sunset.

"Yes, let her do it. She is quite familiar with this individual," said Luna.

The doctor nods and opens the door for Sunset. She walks in and she sees Burning standing on all four hooves with his flank to her with two security guards in front of him. "Sir, calm down and stop using your magic," said one of the guards.

"I-I can't, I don't know how. I have no idea whats going on or why I'm a horse," said a scared Burning.

"Burnie." Sunset calls Burning and he starts to calm down, "Sunny." He tries to turn around but has trouble being in his pony body. He sees Sunset and starts freaking out again, "OK I'm going crazy, now I'm seeing Sunny as a-." Sunset runs up to him and starts to hug him tightly, causing him to stop talking.

"Thank Celestia, your okay," said a crying Sunset. Outside the room, Celestia tells the doctor, "You can send to medical to the castle, doctor."

"Of course, your highness."

____________________

Over at the Castle, a few hours have passed since Burning was released from the hospital. Burning is looking up at the stain glass windows in the throne room before Sunset walks in. "So, how does your new body fill." Burning looks over and sees Sunset walking to him. "Now I understand how you felt when you came to my world."

Sunset stands next to Burning, both looking at the stain glass windows. "So I'm guessing that's this world Sparky then," asked Burning.

"Yep, and if it weren't for her, you-" but Sunset stops talking, not realizing what she was about to say. "Might not be alive right now," said Burning. With tears filling up her eyes, Sunset tells him, "I so sorry Burnie, if only I had more control over my powers, you would have got hurt."

"Hey, it's not your fault. Look, I'm fine Sunny. If anyone is to blame, it's the Shadow Man."

Sunset clears the tears from her eyes, "Your right, speaking of the Shadow Man, Princess Celestia said that she was inviting some important guests over to talk about whats going on in our world."

"Who," asked Burning. Suddenly out of nowhere, Twilight comes running in. "Sunset, their here." She then looks over to see Burning next to Sunset. "I'm glad you're doing better now."

"Thanks, Sunny said it was you who helped save me. So thank you" said Burning.

"Oh I didn't do anything, but we really need to get going." Everyone agrees and they head down the hallway to the meeting room.

They make it to the meeting room and there they see Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, but with them is the guest that Sunset and Burning were told about. The guest is Star Swirl the Bearded. "Aw, Sunset and Burning Heart, thank you for coming. Allow me to-" but before Celestia could finish, Sunset screams with joy, "AAAAAA, is that Star Swirl."

"Yes it is," said Twilight, who is just as excited. Both girls start to fangirl out, talking about random knowledge that they both know about Star Swirl. Seeing a side of her he's never seen before, Burning asked, "So whos Star Swirl?"

"He's one of the most powerful unicorns who ever lived. But I don't understand, I thought he disappeared 1000 years ago," said Sunset.

"Can we please continue with what we came here to do, I'm still in the middle of my vacation," said Star Swirl. Twilight leans over to Sunset and whispers to her, "I'll tell you later. Sunset, Twilight, and Burning walk to the table where the meeting is being had.

"So, the reason I called you here today Star Swirl is something that Twilight brought to my attention. Twilight if you would," said Celestia. Twilight nods and by using her magic she creates a holographic image of a dark and shadowy pony. The almost real looking image scares Burning, causing him to fall over, "What in the world is that thing."

"The Pony of Shadows," said Star Swirl.

"Whats the Pony of Shadows," asked Sunset.

"Was is the correct answer. It's was evil being that was once one of my dear friends being controlled by a dark spirit, but thanks to Twilight and her friends, the foul creature is now trapped in Limbo," said Star Swirl.

"Or maybe not," said Twilight. Everyone looks at Twilight. "Star Swirl, if I may ask, are you sure that we sent the spirit to Limbo and not the human world."

"Even if we did send it to the human world, Equestrian magic doesn't work there, that's why the Pillers and I sent the Sirens there," said Star Swirl.

"But that's not true," said Sunset. Confused at the remark, Star Swirl asked, "What are talking about."

Sunset and Twilight both explain to Star Swirl that some time ago, they confronted the Sirens in the human world, "But that's shouldn't be possible," said Star Swirl.

"Well it is, and it looks like the dark spirit was sent to the human world and has taken control of someone over there," said Twilight.

"And that's why we summoned you here Star Swirl. Surely you must have some kind of idea of how they can stand up to this dark spirit," asked Celestia.

"Well I wouldn't even know where to begin," said Star Swirl. Upon expecting Sunset, he sees the geode hanging around her neck, filling like he's seen it before. Suddenly something came to him, "You where did you obtain that gem around your neck." Everyone looks at the geode that Sunset has and she says, "Um, the Twilight from the human world and I found them in a cave. They give us magical powers and-"

"I knew it," said Star Swirl.

"I assume you know what that gem is," asked Luna.

"Indeed I do. You see, the seed that grew into the Tree of Harmony was not the first of it's kind. The Pillers and I each attempted to create a seed from our elements, but they were a failure so we tossed them into the human world."

"Is my world just a trash can to you," said Burning.

"The point is since Equestrian magic does indeed work there, my theory is that is you use some sort of talesman and have it connected to the gem, the person with the talesman should be able to use magic as well," said Star Swirl. He then turns his attention to Burning. "You, whats your name young colt," said Star Swirl, pointing his hoof at Burning. "Who, me. I'm Burning Heart."

"Burning Heart, are you willing to do where I have failed and protected your world alongside your friend." Without having to wait to respond, Burning tells him, "Of course, if it means protecting Sunny, Rosie, and all my other friends, I'll do anything it takes."

"Then if Sunset will allow it, you both can fight alongside each other using the powers inside her gem with Burning using a talisman the channel some of her powers," said Star Swirl.

____________________

Back in Twilight's basement, Sunset and Burning, along with Twilight and Starlight, are next to the mirror portal about ready to head back to the human world. "Well, I guess they should be there by now," said Sunset.

"I mean you did send them that message hours ago," said Burning. They hear the sound of someone walking into the room, they look and it's Twilight and Starlight. "So do you two know what you have to do when you get back," said Twilight.

"Yep, Star Swirl said that if Burning and if anyone else what's to help us, we need to form a link with our geodes to a talesman that they wear on them," said Sunset.

"And I was thinking that the best thing to use would be a piece of jewelry," said Burning.

"I'm guessing you have something in mind," asked Starlight. Burning nods his head with Sunset looking puzzled. Suddenly from the portal, a balled up piece of paper fly out and hits the floor. Everyone looks as Sunset lifts up the paper and unravels it, reviling a note, "We're here, Sugarcube."

"I'm guessing they're here," said Sunset. She goes to give a hug to both Twilight and Starlight, "Thanks again, to both of you." Sunset heads to the portal but sees that Burning isn't following her, "Is everything OK, Burnie."

"Ya, everything fine. It's just, can you give me just a minute, I need to speak to Twilight and Starlight real quick." Everyone is confused, not knowing what he's talking about, "In private." Twilight and Starlight both follow Burning outside the room, with Sunset waiting by the mirror portal. While waiting, Sunset hears what sounds like a squill form the other room with Burning showing back up shortly afterward, alone. He walks over to Sunset and straightens himself up, clearing his throat, "Sunny, there's something I want to ask you." Seeing how serious he's being, Sunset gets nervous and starts to blush, "Okay, what is it?"

"You see, I was going to ask you this the other day, but as you know, some stuff happened and I never got the chance. So I want to do it now, so I asked Twilight and Starlight what I should say and, well here it goes." Sunset's heart starts to race the longer this goes on until Burning finally said it, "I've had feelings for you for years now but I was too much of a coward to tell a long ago, but I won't wait any longer." Tears begin to form in Sunset's eyes. "I love you, Sunset Shimmer. Will you be my very special somepony."

Burning looks at Sunset who has tears in her eyes but has a soft smile on her face. "Yes, yes I will be your very special somepony." She goes in and gives Burning a tight hug, now this time it's his heart that's racing. "You-you mean it," asked Burning.

"Of course, ever since we were reunited, I came to relive how much you mean to me. And came to a realization that, I love you too." Before she could say anything else, Burning makes her stop talking, by pressing his lips against hers. Being thrown off by the surprise kiss, Sunset closes her eyes and leans in and the two have their first kiss as a couple.

"AAAWWWWWW."

The two stop after hearing the aw's and look to see Twilight and Starlight peaking from the corner. After saying the goodbye to their pony friends, Sunset and Burning step into the portal. They travel through the portal and land on the other side into the human world, "WOW, that felt very weird," said Burning. But before he could get his footing after spending the last few days as a pony, he's tackled to the ground. "OW, ok that hurt." He then hears the sound of someone sobbing on top of him and looks down to see that it's his sister, Rosebud. He then looks around to see all his new friends are around, Brownie Bite, Ginger Ale, Star Chaser, Allegretto, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Flash Sentry. He then looks over next to him and sees his new girlfriend, Sunset Shimmer, holding his hand.

"I'm so glad your back," said a crying Rosebud. With his free arm, he gives his sister a hug, "Ya, I'm back."