• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 1,272 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls-Manehattan University - Burning_Heart



The Gang from the Equestria Girl movies are about to take on their toughest challenge yet, College!

  • ...
4
 15
 1,272

Ch. 7-Time to debut pt.1

After a week has passed, the day has finally come for the girls to make their debut at Manehattan University. They load up their instruments onto the band bus, "Well I think that's everything we need," said Sunset. She hears the sound of footsteps behind her, she turns around and sees that it's her first and oldest friend in the human world, Burning Heart. "So you ready to so this place what you're made of, Sunny," said Burning Heart.

"As ready as I'll ever be," said Sunset.

"Hey don't worry about it so much, I'm sure you'll do-" but before he could finish what he was saying, "AAAAAAAAA," a scream could be heard from inside the house, sounding like Twilight. Sunset and Burning run into the house to see what the problem is. "Twilight, whats wrong," said a scared Sunset. But what Sunset saw was her friend looking at her phone with a big smile on her face.

"She's here, she's here, she's finally here," yelled an excited Twilight.

"Who's here Twilight," asked Sunset.

"Shining Armor and Cadance final had their baby." Twilight shows her phone to Sunset and Burning that has a picture of a newborn baby girl with purple and blue hair, wrapped in a swaddling cloth. "Oh my gosh Twi, she's adorable," said Sunset. After seeing the picture, Sunset goes in to give a hug to Twilight, "Congratulations 'Auntie' Twilight."

"Ya, congrats Sparky, so what her name," asked Burning Heart. Sunset and Twilight released each other from their hug, "Her name's Flurry Heart. I need to go show the rest, then we'll head on over to the cafe so just give me a minute."

"Take your time, Twi," said Sunset. Twilight goes off the show off the picture to the rest of her friends. Once she's gone, Sunset looks over to give Burning Heart a puzzled look. He sees her and raises an eyebrow, "What?"

"Sparky, really?"

"What, I've got names for everyone else," said Burning Heart. Sunset starts to laugh, then Burning starts laughing alongside her. "I'm so glad you haven't changed, Burnie. You or Rosie."

"Me? If anyone's changed, it's you."

"Ya, I guess I have. I owe it all to them." Burning looks down and his voices get soft, "Ya, make me kind of jealous."

Sunset, looking confused, asks him, "Why."

"I just, when I first meet you, you fell out of a portal from the statue in front of CHS, it changed my whole world. I found out that there are other worlds out there, other dimensions out there. I wanted to change your world like you did for me, but I guess they beat me to it." But out of nowhere, Sunset playfully punches Burning in the arm, "Come on don't be so down on yourself. You'll always have one thing they won't have."

"Ya, and that is?" Sunset goes in to give Burning a hug, catching Burning off guard, "You always be my first human friend."

Burning smiles and starts to hug her back. He soon starts to blush and pulls Sunset off of him, surprising Sunset, "Listen, Sunny, there's something I want to ask you." Soon after hearing him and seeing how red his face is, she begins to turn red herself, "Yes, what is it?" Burning takes a deep breath and exhales, "Will you be-"

At that moment, a rainbow blur rushes passed them, ruining the moment, "Come on everyone let hustle! We don't want to be late for our debut," yelled an excited Rainbow Dash. Soon, the rest of the girls follow behind, walking passed both of them, "Now hold yer horses there Rainbow, the cafes not going anywhere now," said Applejack.

"I'm still a little nervous about playing in front of all those people," said Fluttershy.

"C'mon Fluttershy, it time to show everyone just what we're made of," said Pinkie Pie.

"Now Pinkie, if Fluttershy is, well shy, to play in front of everyone then we shouldn't push her to play," said Rarity.

"No, she right Rarity. After all, I want to perform with everyone," said Fluttershy.

"If you say so, I just wish I had time to make us some gorgeous outfits for our performance," said Rarity.

As everyone walk to the bus, both Twilight and Rosebud stop and go to Sunset and Burning. "Are you ready both alright, you two look like your both burning up," asked Twilight. Rosebud looks at the two and came to a conclusion, "Oh my, did you finally ask-," but Burning quickly goes to cover his sister's mouth and shakes his head. "Don't worry about now, I'll ask you after you all perform hehehe," said Burning Heart as he drags Rosebud with him.

"What happened Sunset," asked Twilight?

"He was going to ask me something, but I guess that'll just have to wait," said Sunset.

____________________

The gang arrive at the cafe in the bus and begin to unpack all the instruments from the bus with Brownie Bite, in his work uniform, helping to unload Pinkie's drum set. They set up their equipment outside the cafe because with the size of their band, they couldn't set up inside. While setting up, the girls see some familiar faces from high school, who heard they were playing and wanted to see them play. Suddenly, a familiar voice is calling out to them, "Hey guys, long time no see." They turn around to see a boy with blue hair, wearing a black zip-up hoodie, Flash Sentry "Oh my gosh, Flash, where have you been this whole time," asked Sunset.

"I bet he was hitting on every girl on campus," said Rainbow Dash.

"Na, I've just been busy with a lot of stuff, like what I going to major in."

"I figured you'd start a famous rock band or somethin," said Applejack.

"I wish, but Ringo and Brawly had other goals in mind, but I'm happy for them."

"Hey, don't beat yourself over it, Brad, I still don't know what I'm wanting to do," said Burning. Everyone then begins to just stair at Burning, "What?"

"Okay, Sparky, I get. But Brad, really," said Sunset.

"What, he looks like a Brad," said Burning.

"I know what you mean, I feel like a lot of people call Flash that, but I don't know why," said Pinkie.

"You know Flash if it helps, we can tell you what we're studying and it might give you an idea," said Twilight with everyone nodding in agreement.

"Sure thing, I really appreciate that," said Flash. Then, one by one, the girls begin to tell Flash what they plan on becoming.

"I'll start. Since I've been living on an apple farm my whole life, I'm planning on owning my own plot of land and opening up my own apple orchard to keep the Apple family name going," said Applejack.

"I'll go next, I've always dreamed of opening up my own fashion boutique, filling up with my own line of clothes and hope of designing clothes for celebrities, like Sapphire Shores or Songbird Serenade," said Rarity.

"Um, well, since I love taking care of animals, I'm hoping to become an animal caretaker and help them out in anyway that I can," said Fluttershy.

"Me next, I'm going to be a professional party planner. Since I enjoy parties and throwing them for all my friend, why wouldn't I want to be one," said Pinkie Pie?

"I suppose I'll go next. My dream is to become a physicist in hopes of answering and understanding everything out there," said Twilight.

Everyone looks over to Sunset, Rainbow, and Rosebud to see what they have to say, but they say nothing. "Well, I guess I don't know what I want to do, I just want to figure out how magic works in this world," said Sunset.

"And I still don't know what I want to do," said Rosebud.

"Same," said Rainbow.

"Well, I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one still trying to figure out what I want to do. Well I'm going to grab a bit inside, can't wait to see you guys play," said Flash. He turns to go inside the cafe but turns to back say something else, "By the way, I was able to get Stygian to come out to them see them play, Burning."

Burning gets excited and both him and Flash fistbump, "Sweet, way to go Brad." Flash finally head into the cafe. "Hey bro, who's Stygian," asked Rosebud?

"Who Styx, he's one of my roommates, he likes to keep to himself and mostly just studies in his room when he's not in one of his classes."

"Well I guess we should be getting set up for the show," said Sunset.

"Yep, break a leg, Rainbooms," said Burning.

____________________

After some time has passed, Sunset and the rest of the Rainbooms are set to play. Sunset looks over at the others but sees that Twilight is sitting on the ground, looking sad, so she goes over to sit next to her and to see what's wrong with her friend. "Hey, Twi, whats wrong?"

Twilight looks over to see Sunset after looking at her phone, "Wha, oh I was just sending Timber a text to tell him that we were about to performer. I was hoping that he'd finally show up."

"I know. it's weird that it's been a whole month and He still hasn't shown up. It must be pretty bad over a Camp Everfree," said Sunset.

Suddenly, the sound of small wheels could be heard roller closer to them and sound of a familiar voice speak to them, "Oh trust me, it was worst then you could believe." Both Sunset and Twilight look over and a big smile forms on Twilight's face as she sees Timber Spruce with his luggage for college. She jumps up and runs over to Timber. She reaches him and they both start hugging each other, "I can't believe your finally here," said Twilight as tear begin to come out.

"I'm so sorry Twilight, I would have been here sooner if I could have," said Timber. Both let go of one another and they go in for a kiss. As Sunset sees, she begins to blush at the sight of the two, but the reunion gets interrupted, "Hey Y'all, it's about time to-, well I'll be," said Applejack. The other follow behind and she Twilight with Timber, and Twilight and Timber see the girls. Everyone is happy to see that the two have reunited after a month but the moment is ruined as Rarity stairs at the black hoodie that Timber is wearing, "Oh my goodness darling, BLACK, with your complexion, I simply can not." And Rarity walks away followed by Applejack to fuss at her.

"Did I do something wrong," asked Timber.

"No, that's just Rarity being Rarity," said Sunset.

"Hey look, glad your here and all, but come Twilight we have a show to put on," said Rainbow as she leaves. Fluttershy and Pinkie follow after Rainbow Dash and Sunset goes over to Twilight, "Come on, you two can spend time after we play."

"But-"

"No, she right. Besides, I haven't seen you all play since you all came to camp," said Timber. Twilight agrees and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek and follows Sunset to the stage.

____________________

A small crowd forms outside of the cafe, wait to see the performance that's about to begin. The crowd contains people who have and haven't heard The Rainbooms perform before, including Burning Heart, Rosebud, Brownie Bite, Allegretto, Star Chaser, Flash Sentry, Timber Spruce, and Fizzlepop Berrytwist. Ginger Ale get up on the stage to make an announcement, "Ladies and Gentlement, may I have your attention, please. It gives me great pleasure that I present to you all, The Rainboom." The girls arrive on stage and crowd begins to cheer and apple. Ginger Ale continues, "On electric guitar, Miss Rainbow Dash. On bass guitar, Miss Applejack. On the keytar, Miss Rarity. On the tambourine, Miss Fluttershy. On the drums, Miss Pinkie Pie. On rhythm guitarist and backup vocalist, Miss Sunset Shimmer. And also the lead vocalist, Miss Twilight Sparkle." Rainbow takes the mic from Ginger Ale and he goes to join the others in the crowd.

"Hello Manehattan University, are you ready to rock," said Rainbow Dash on the mic. The crowd cheers, the girls look at one another and nod. Rainbow hands the mic to Twilight and gets into position, then Pinkie hits her drumsticks together to get the song started, "ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR."

🎸A rhythm guitar starts to plays🎸
🎢Followed by the rest of the instruments🎢

Twilight:

🎡So, we wanna stay🎡
🎡But can't find peace while sittin' still🎡
🎡I guess we never will🎡

Sunset Shimmer:

🎡We're on the way🎡
🎡We won't hurry back again🎡
🎡The journey is the end (oh)🎡

Applejack:

🎡I love this very moment🎡

Rainbow Dash:

🎡We're speedin' up, not slowin'🎡

Fluttershy:

🎡We might know we can't win🎡

Pinkie Pie:

🎡But we're dumb enough to try🎡

Rarity:

🎡We're going, there's no maybe🎡

Sunset Shimmer:

🎡That's why they call us crazy🎡

Twilight Sparkle:

🎡And we'll say if anybody asks us🎡

The Rainboom:

🎡"Hey (hey!), where you gonna go?" [clap clap]🎡
🎡We're off to see the world🎡
🎡We don't need to know (oh)🎡
🎡"Hey (hey!), where you gonna go?" [clap clap]🎡
🎡We're off to see the world🎡
🎡We don't need to know🎡

The crowd cheers during the performance, some with their smartphones out recording them play.

Twilight Sparkle:

🎡We never need to know🎡
🎡Seekin' boundaries to break🎡
🎡Let's forget the ones we've made🎡

Sunset Shimmer:

🎡So we carry on🎡
🎡Don't let good things pass us by🎡
🎡The time we're gone will be the best time of our life🎡

Applejack:

🎡I love this very moment🎡

Rainbow Dash:

🎡We're speedin' up, not slowin'🎡

Fluttershy:

🎡We might know we can't win🎡

Pinkie Pie:

🎡But we're dumb enough to try🎡

Rarity:

🎡We're going, there's no maybe🎡

Sunset Shimmer:

🎡That's why they call us crazy🎡

Twilight Sparkle:

🎡And we'll say if anybody asks us🎡

The Rainboom:

🎡"Hey (hey!), where you gonna go?" [clap clap]🎡
🎡We're off to see the world🎡
🎡We don't need to know (oh)🎡
🎡"Hey (hey!), where you gonna go?" [clap clap]🎡
🎡We're off to see the world🎡
🎡We don't need to know🎡

Twilight Sparkle:

🎡So go tell 'em we won't stop🎡
🎡We know they can't change us🎡
🎡We're gonna go way off the map🎡
🎡To get ourselves back on the track🎡
🎡Go tell 'em we won't stop🎡
🎡We know they can't change us🎡
🎡No need to worry so much🎡
🎡We do whatever we want (oh)🎡

The Rainboom:

🎡"Hey (hey!), where you gonna go?" [clap clap]🎡
🎡We're off to see the world🎡
🎡We don't need to know (oh)🎡
🎡"Hey (hey!), where you gonna go?" [clap clap]🎡
🎡We're off to see the world🎡
🎡We don't need to know🎡
🎡Ohhhh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh🎡
🎡Ohhhh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh🎡
🎡Ohhhh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh🎡
🎡Ohhhh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh🎡

The song comes to an end and the crowd gives a round of appeals to The Rainboom performance, but the happy moment didn't last long.

"AAAAHHHHH!"

A scream can be heard from someone down the walkway and everyone looks over to see whats happening, "EVERYONE RUN, GIANT SPACE BEAR!" The crowd begins to mummer to themselves in confusion, but all that once. *boom*, *Boom*, *BOOM* the sound of loud footsteps can be heard and in the distance, a giant purple, partially translucent, bear with huge teeth and claws that look like a starry night sky. Everyone is stunned in silence until the bear releases a terrifying growl, "HRRRRRRWRRRWRRR!" The crowd scream and begin to run away in terror.

The girls run into the cafe without anyone seeing them, "Okay Sunset I'm going to guess you have any idea what the heck that thing is," said Rainbow Dash.

Sunset nods, "I do, that's an Ursa Major, a creature from the Everfree Forest in Equestria."

"This has to be the Shadow Man's work again," said Twilight.

"Well, girls, it looks like it's up to up to use to us to take that varmint down," said Applejack.

"No, wait, please. I think I know why it's so riled up," said Fluttershy.

"What do you mean dear," asked Rarity.

"Well, it's just a thought, but Sunset, could you come with me please," said Fluttershy. Sunset nods and follows Fluttershy to the cafe door. They peek outside to see the Ursa Major. "Sunset, could you use your telepathy to read it's mind."

"Sure, I'll give it a try." Sunset rises her arm toward the creature and focuses. Her eyes turn white as she can hear the thoughts of the Ursa Major, "WHERE IS HE! WHERE IS MY BABY!"

She comes back and she and Fluttershy return to the girls. "It's a mother, and she's looking for her cub," said Sunset.

"I knew it, a mother bear will only attack if she believes her cub is threatened in any way. And if it's like it is now, they should be getting ready for hibernation. So if the shadow man took her baby, she would stop at nothing to find it," said Fluttershy.

"So you're saying that her baby is over here as well," asked Pinkie Pie.

"Maybe," said Fluttershy. Then suddenly, the geode around Fluttershy's neck begins to glow, shocking everyone. She grabs ahold of it and I begin to whisper to her, in her head. She bends down and lays her hand flat on the ground, a few seconds pass and she rises back up, "It looks like it's at the Riverside Park, pass the church a little over 2 kilometers away." The girls look surprised at her. "Darling, did you just unlock new magic," said Rarity.

"Um, maybe."

"Look we can't be wasting any more time," said Sunset and everyone nods in agreement. The girls tap into the power of their geodes and begin to transform into Crystal Guardians. They rush out of the cafe with Sunset taking lead. "Okay, here the plan. Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie, you three will hold off the Ursa Major to keep it from causing any more damage and to protect the people. Meanwhile, Twilight, Fluttershy, and I will find her cub, the Ursa Minor, and try to deliver him back to his mother. Lastly, Rainbow Dash, I need you to find the portal or portals those two came from, once you do, I want you to rendezvous with Applejack team and help them out."

"Sounds like a plan," said Applejack.

"Oh, before we split up, I have something for everyone," says Rarity. She then pulls out masks for everyone to wear. "Um, Rarity, what are these," asked Twilight.

"Why they're our superhero masks silly, not only are they fashionable, but they'll also hide our identity. I even match them up with the colors of our geodes," said Rarity.

"That not a bad idea," said Sunset. Each of the girls puts on their mask, after that, Sunset makes the call, "Alright girl, let's move out," and everyone runs off to their destinations.

____________________

But unbeknown to them, there was a crack in the door to the cafe, a group of familiar faces steps outside and they see the girls run off the stop the Ursa Major and find the Ursa Minor. That group contained Burning, Rosebud, Brownie, Ginger, Allegretto, Star Chaser, Flash, Timber, and someone unknown. "You see Burnie, I told you they look like magical girls from your animes," said Rosebud.

"I guess you're right, Rosie," said Burning.

"Hold on just one minute there Burning," yelled Star Chaser. Burning Heart and Rosebud turn around to see that some of the people in the group are shocked that not only that their friends not only have magic powers but that Burning and Rosebud don't seem shocked in the slightest. "Just what in the world is going on, how come the two of you and those two over there aren't frecking out," said Star Chaser while pointing towards Flash and Timber.

"Oh, I've known since high school," said Flash.

"And they stopped my sister when she became a plant demon," said Timber.

"WHAT! How has this not make it on the news," yelled Star Chaser.

"Did they just transform just," asked Brownie Bite.

"That's what you're asking."

"Please calm down Star, Burning, could you explain what's going on," asked Ginger Ale.

"Sorry, Gingie. I can't right now."

"Please don't call me that." Burning starts to run in the direction that Sunset ran off towards, "Burnie, where are you going," asked Rosebud.

Burning stops moving and turns around, "Look, I might not have magic powers like they do, but I'm not going to stand back while someone I care about possibly gets hurt."

"I'm going to," said Timber. "Twilight's my girlfriend and I want to help out."

"Welp, guess I'll go help Pinkie," said Brownie Bite.

"Brownie, think about this rationale," said Star Chaser.

"I'll follow you, Burning. If anything were to happen to the sweet Miss Fluttershy, I wouldn't be able to live with myself," said Ginger Ale.

"You too, Ginger," said Star Chaser.

"I MUST HELP JACKIE," yelled Rosebud.

Star Chaser looks over at Allegretto, "You to Al?" Allegretto nods, thinking about helping Rarity. Star Chaser starts to get angry and starts to yell, "AAAAAAAA, fine! Rainbow Dash, when this is over, you're racing me at your full power, you hear me!"

A grin forms on Burning face. He looks over at Flash and the boy with the bowl-cut blue hair and brown shirt, cowering on the ground, "Well Brad, what about you and Stix?"

"I want to help but I want to make sure Stygian get somewhere safe," said Flash.

Stygian gets up and looks ahead with confidence in his eyes, "No I want to help. I may not know your friends, but I won't stand back if someone gets hurt." Burning walks to the two and he lifts his fist up to Stygian and the two fistbump. Burning Hearts commands the group, "Alright guy, let's go." They split up with Burning Heart, Ginger Ale, Timber Spruce, and Stygian follow Sunsets group and Rosebud, Brownie Bite, Allegretto, Star Chaser, and Flash Sentry follow Applejacks group.

Author's Note:

The song I chose for The Rainbooms to play is my favorite song from the MLP Movie.
Lukas Graham - Off To See The World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDiCuZTjS18