• Published 21st Jan 2018
  • 1,275 Views, 15 Comments

Equestria Girls-Manehattan University - Burning_Heart



The Gang from the Equestria Girl movies are about to take on their toughest challenge yet, College!

  • ...
4
 15
 1,275

Ch. 2-Moving Out, Settling In pt. 2

A few minutes have passed and everyone makes their way back into the boarding house with Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity going into the living room with their pets waiting for Sunset to finish her talk with the two people they just met outside in the kitchen. "So how do you girls think Sunset knows those two," asked Fluttershy with Angel laying in her lap.

"Well I don't remember them from CHS, I remember everyone from high school," said Pinkie Pie.

"It must be from before she started attending high school, don't you think," said Rarity.

At that moment, Sunset walks out of the kitchen with the other two right behind her, "Well your right about that one," said Sunset. After seeing her exit out of the kitchen, the girls get up and go to her to make sure that she is alright. "Sunset, are you alright," asked a concerned Twilight.

"It's better then alright, it's fantastic. Girls I would like to introduce you all to Burning Heart and Rosebud. Burnie, Rosie this is Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash." The two say their hellos to the girls.

"Okay it's nice to meet you two and everything but just how do you both know Sunset," asked Rainbow.

Then Burning steps up to tell them the truth, "Well that's easy to explain. Sunset's our family." Silence felled the up the house after what Burning just said. But all in unison the six girls all yelled out, "WHAT!"

"Sorry about that, Let me explain," said Sunset.

Sunset begins to tell the story of how she knew Burning and Rosebud. About how when she first came to this world, Burning saw her come through the portal. After seeing that she needed help, he offered her a place to stay at his place along with his sister, Rosebud and their grandmother, Vanilla Swirl and over the course of a year of her living with them, they showed her so much love, that she became a part of the family. But that all changed when their grandmother sadly passed away and was forced to move back in with their stern Step-father but wouldn't allow Sunset to move in with them. Afraid of feeling abandoned again, on the morning that they were supposed to leave, Sunset ran away and hasn't seen them until today.

"And that's what happened," said Sunset. By the time she finished telling her story, her friends were all crying.

"Darling, that's the saddest story I've ever heard *WAAAA*," cried Rarity who goes to lay down on the couch.

"Girls please it's alright now," said Sunset. After everyone calms down, they started talking to try and get to know one another. The girls would ask them how Sunset was when she lived with them and the brother and sister asked how Sunset was when she was in high school. The girls would learn that there was someone who knew about Equestria before them but sadly, Burning and Rosebud would learn about what happened to Sunset before she became friends with the girls.

"I can't believe it, so if we had stuck around then none of what you all told us would never have happened, I'm so sorry Sunny," said Rosebud as she holds onto her pet dog, Wally.

"Rosie you have nothing to be sorry about," said Sunset.

"No if it's anyone's fault it's Tailored Made's," Burning said as he tightened his hand into a fist.

"From what you said in your story, that's your step-father correct," asked Twilight.

"Yes he is," said a sad looking Rosebud. Burning sees the look on her face and asked the girls, "And if it's not too much, we would rather not like to talk about him."

The girls look at Rosebud and with the feeling in the air, they all agree to drop it. All except for Pinkie Pie who looks like she's about to explode. Fluttershy notices Pinkie and goes to ask her, "Um Pinkie whats the matter."

"I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE," yelled Pinkie which scared all the pets. "We need to throw a big party right now, not only do we have to celebrate coming to college, but because we made two new friends and because Sunset got to reunite with her old family."

But before anyone has a chance to say anything, Pinkie runs off to gather her party supplies but she ended up running into someone knocking herself and the other person over. Pinkie quickly gets back up to help the person up, "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going," said Pinkie. She tries to give the person a helping hand but looks and noticed the woman looked familiar, she had a pinkish red mohawk-style hair, a scar over her right eye and her right arm was in a sling. So Pinkie extends her left hand and helps the person. The rest of the people come to see what had just happened and they all recognized her. "Well, that's one way to introduce yourself but whatever. Hello allow me to introduce myself, my name is Fizzlepop Berrytwist and I'm the person in charge of this boarding house you eight will be living in, if you have any questions ask me, do it now, if not I would like to retire to my room."

Trying to process that the woman they met at the administration office is the person in charge of their new house, some of the girls decide to ask her some questions.

"Why didn't you tell us who you were when we first met you," ask Sunset.

"Didn't fill like it," said Fizzlepop.

"Who does your hair," asked Rarity.

"Me, next," said Fizzlepop.

"You don't have a problem with our pets do you," asked Fluttershy.

Fizzlepop looks to see two dogs, a cat, a turtle, a gecko, a bunny, and a stuffed alligator, "Nope."

"Are you single," asked Rosebud with everyone giving her a look, "What, she's hot."

"Yes and no, I'm not interested," said Fizzlepop.

"Oh, Oh, pick me, pick me," asked Pinkie.

"What is it," said Fizzlepop.

"Why is this house called Tempest Shadow," asked Pinkie.

"OK enough questions, I'm going to lie down, so keep the noise down," said Fizzlepop. She walks past the group and heads up the stairs and enters the room in the very back.

"Sorry Pinkie, but I don't think we shouldn't throw a party tonight," said Twilight.

"Oooohhhh bummer," said Pinkie.

"Well I know Rosie and I just met you all, but maybe we can have it tomorrow. After all, she still needs to unpack all her stuff and I need to do the same," said Burning.

"Now that you mention it, we haven't even unpacked our stuff yet. I guess with everything that just happened, we all just forgot," said Sunset.

"Oh ya before we forget," said Rosebud. She then pulls in Burning and whispers something in his ear.

He pulls away and says, "Oh ya, hey Sunny can you follow me real quick."

"Sure thing," said Sunset. They walk out the house and Burning leads Sunset to the van he was driving earlier and opens the side door. "I always hoped we would see each other again someday so I've been holding on to this for such a day." He then pulled out what he wanted to her and Sunset was shocked at what she saw. It was the guitar she got for a birthday gift all those years ago.

"You mean you've held on to it all this time," asked Sunset.

"Of course," said Burning.

Sunset takes the guitar that she hasn't seen in such a long time and then gives Burning a hug

"I've missed you Burnie."

"I've missed you too, Sunny."

____________________

A couple of hours have passed and everyone had just finished unpacking their stuff into their rooms, but along the way, Sunset introduced Burning and Rosebud to her pet gecko, Ray. Burning and Rosebud were surprised to see Spike, a small dog, talk. Rainbow Dash and Sunset set up their video game counsels in the living room and put together a setup to do streaming thanks to Twilight, who set up the computer. Rosebud tried to flirt with the girls but was focused mostly on Applejack.

"Well it's about time I headed out, I still need to unpack but I'll come by tomorrow for that party," said Burning. They all wave to Burning as he drives his van to the boarding house he will be staying in and everyone else heads back in except for Sunset. She stands there watching him drive off but then she feels a hand on her shoulder, she turns around and sees that it's Rosebud, "Don't worry, he's not going to leave again," said Rosebud who goes and gives Sunset a hug, "and neither am I."

"I know," said Sunset.

"Hey you two, come on we want to hear more stories," yelled Rainbow Dash.

Sunset turns and sees the other girls with their pets on the porch of the house, "I guess your family's really grown huh," asked Rosebud.

Sunset starts to get misty-eyed and says, "Ya, it really has."

After the bombardment of questions, everyone decided that it was time for bed and everyone retired to their rooms. After making sure his tank was ready, Sunset puts Ray in his newly made home, "I know it will take some time for you to get used to this new place, but I know you're going to love it here, I know I do," said Sunset. She goes to grab her diary to talk to Princess Twilight, goes to lay down on her bed and starts to write, "Dear Princess Twilight," *KNOCK* *KNOCK*. A knocking starts to come from Sunset's door, "Come in," said Sunset. The door opens and it's Twilight.

"Hey Sunset, I hope I'm not interrupting anything," asked Twilight.

"Well I was writing a letter to Princess Twilight about what we talked about this morning but it can wait a few more minutes," said Sunset.

"You know, I still can't believe that your world's version of me is a princess," said Twilight.

"I know what you mean, I can't believe there's actually another version of me in this world," said Sunset. "So what's up, Twi."

"Well I know it's not really any of my business, but how come you never mention Burning or Rosebud," asked Twilight. But Sunset didn't say anything, "Sorry I shouldn't have asked, I'll just leave so that you can finish your letter."

"No it's fine, I don't mind telling. Come sit down," said Sunset. She motions Twilight to come sit next to her on her bed, so Twilight goes and sits next to her.

"It's just, when Granny Swirl died and their step-father came to take them away, the look he gave me and basically telling me I was nothing, it just filled me up with so much hate. Rosie had to break up with her girlfriend all because their step-dad didn't agree with her choices. Even with his grandmother who just passed away, Burnie came to check up on me and tell me he was sorry for me not being able to live with them. I should have been comforting them but I was so mad because I was going to be abandoned again that I yelled at him. Then we just started yelling at each other and he had every right to, he was only thirteen and his grandmother just died and I was only thinking about myself. I didn't even tell them bye to their faces, I just left a note. After that, I used all that hate and anger to get what I wanted during high school to the point where I blamed Princess Celestia for making me feel that way, that I tried to take over Equestria. After Princess Twilight stopped me, I felt so ashamed of myself that I tried to lock away what happened that day so that those feelings wouldn't come back. And thanks to all of you, I can finally remember and enjoy the memories I had with them when I first got here."

Then out of nowhere, Twilight goes to hug Sunset and tells her, "I can't believe you've been through so much."

"It's okay Twilight," said Sunset. Sunset then looks at her bedroom door and said, "You girls can come in now."

Her bedroom door opens up and on the other side is the rest of the girls. Applejack then asked, "But how did you know." So Sunset points at the geode around her neck with all the girls, minus Rosebud, remembering she has telepathy now, "Listen girls, I think we have all done enough hugging and crying for one day, so we really need to get some sleep," said Sunset. They all agreed and went to their rooms to sleep and Sunset was finally able to get back to writing her letter.

"sorry if you're getting this letter so late, but so much has happened today that I just wanted to tell you. The girls and I arrived at college today and finally settled in, but we ran into some people from my past. I never told you this but when I first arrived in this world, I met someone who saw me come through the portal, sorry for not saying anything before now, and he let me stay at his house with his sister and grandmother for some time and I became apart of their family, and I have reunited with them after so long. But the reason I'm writing to you is that it looks like the geodes we have are starting to become more powerful. It looks like the powers that I have turned out to be telepathy instead of just seeing the thoughts of others by touching them. But that has me worried because it looks like I can see the future and I saw me and the rest of the girls losing to this shadow-like being and I was wondering if you might know anything about what it might be. If you find out anything, let me know as soon as possible. Your friend, Sunset Shimmer."

____________________

Later that night, a person in a black hoodie was roaming around in Central Park trying to find something when a park security guard finds and approaches the suspicious person. "What are you doing out here this late at night kid," asked the security guard. But the hooded person didn't respond in the slightest to the guard's question, still trying to find what their looking for, so the guard says, "Maybe we should have a little talk with the police," he then grabs the person by the shoulder to turn them around and shines his flashlight at the person. What the guard saw terrified him, causing him to fall backward for the suspicious person's hood fell off, and showed a young male but with black shadow-like hair that moved like fire, a crooked black horn on their head and white eyes with black flames coming out of them. The scared guard asked, "Wh-what in the world are you."

"Well the owner of this body does have a bit of an ego, so I guess you can call me The Shadow Man."

The guard try's to call for help with his radio, but the shadow man shoots a tendril out of his hand and hits the guard but instead of killing him, the shadow man breaks a piece of the tendril off and it absorbs into the guard. The guard begins to fidget on the ground before he stops and rises back up and his eyes were completely white. "Well this is a successful experiment, it looks like this one is under my control. Now go away and if I want your help I'll call," said the shadow man. The guard didn't say a word and he starts to walk off.

"Now back to business," said the shadow man. He goes back to looking for what he was trying to find earlier until he finally found it. "Looks like that feeling I had before was right." He lifts up a piece of a bush and finds a small portal to the Everfree forest in Equestria. He makes a tendril from both arms and uses them to expand the portal. "Alright, so who wants to step up first," said the shadow man. He looks inside the portal and sees three pairs of glowing green eyes, "It looks like you three will do just fine."