• Published 7th Mar 2019
  • 1,040 Views, 31 Comments

Beyond My Grave: Night Terrors - AnnEldest



The story continues with Luna and Discord trying to move on with their lives. But soon find out that their story is only just the beginning.

  • ...
5
 31
 1,040

A Quest To Be Reckoned With

I was in my room with Celestia, who had been trying to convince me to go with her to the Crystal Empire. For the last few months, Cadance had been very distant from everypony and had rarely ever came out of her room. Twilight had told Celestia that she herself had seen Cadance crying in her room, and when Twilight had asked what was wrong, Cadance gave no answer.

It was said that Cadance had postpartum depression. Of course, she denied it, but Celestia and Shining Armor weren’t convinced. I wasn't either, but I didn't do much to help her. I didn't know how to. I felt like pushing and pressuring Cadance wasn't going to help her. It never really helped me.

"Sister, I don't see why you want me to go," I said.

"Because, Luna, she needs all the support she can get," Celestia said. "You know it hasn't been easy for her lately."

"I know you and Shining Armor have been worrying about Cadance. I'm worried about her, too."

Celestia gave me almost a sad stare. "I just want her to know that we are here for her."

"I think she knows that," I said.

"Maybe, but Luna, she’s been distant from everypony. She needs us right now," argued Celestia.

"I understand that, but why do you want me to come?" I asked, still not sure of how I could be of assistance.

"I want you to help her," she answered.

"How can I help her, Tia?” I asked my sister. “I don't really know her."

"That's another thing,” Celestia stated. You’ve been back from the moon for years now and yet you two barely know each other."

It was true. I never really took the time to get to know her. It wasn’t that I didn't want to. It was just that I never really try to. She had Twilight, Shining Armor, Celestia and now Flurry Heart. Did she really need to get to know me? How would I even make a difference in her life?

Plus, I barely saw her. With her living at the Crystal Empire, I never saw her that much anyways. It's not like I had the chance to get to know her. Maybe Cadance felt the same way, but it's not like she had tried to get to know me, either. She would sometimes talk to me from time to time, but not all that much. I guess we never really thought of becoming friends? It kinda shocked me that Celestia spoke up about it now. She had never done so before. Maybe she finally noticed it?

"What does that have to do with anything?" I snapped, hoping to get out of this.

"I would like you to get to know her. Maybe it would help her a bit. Maybe that's what she needs," Celestia suggested.

"What?" I asked.

"A new friend. Somepony she can relate to," Celestia explained.

I gave Celestia a concerned glare. "You say that as if that is a bad thing."

Celestia sighed. "I didn't mean it like that."

"It sure sounded like that!" I snapped.

"I'm saying you could help her. It's a great opportunity to get to know and help each other," she said with a calm look.

I gave her a look of uncertainty. "Still, I don't know..."

"I'm not asking a lot. Just for one week. That's it," Celestia said.

I finally gave into Celestia and signed. "Fine. I'll go."

Celestia smiled at me."Thank you. It won't be that bad. Trust me, it might do you some good."

I rolled my eyes."Yeah… maybe."

******

"So just like that?" asked Discord. It was late at night. Discord and I were on my balcony. He had been coming by to visit me more often since what had happened. I didn't mind it. It was nice, having somepony to talk to. He also seemed to listen to me better. He would still joke around, but he wouldn't laugh or make fun of me as much as he uses to. I liked talking to him. He always knew how to make me smile and laugh. I could see why he and Pinkie Pie got along with each other so well. They were so much alike.

"Just like that," I answered.

"So what's wrong with her?" he asked.

"Not really sure. She’s just been distant from everypony, pretty much alone all the time."

"So she's acting like you," he teased.

I rolled my eyes. "No. She's just depressed," I said.

"What's the difference?" Discord asked gleefully.

"I don't act like that,” I defended.

"You do sometimes, Luna," he said.

"Everypony gets upset sometimes," I snapped.

"I don't," Discord bragged with a grin.

"Yeah, you do. You just hide it from everypony," I said.

"I do not." He crossed his arms, looking a bit offended.

"You want me to ask Fluttershy?" I challenged.

"This isn't even about me," Discord said annoyed.

"That's what I thought," I laughed.

"Why do I even talk to you?" Discord asked as he rolled his eyes.

"I keep asking myself the same thing," I said.

"I need better friends,” he said nonchalantly.

I laughed. "I'm a good friend, right?" I joked.

"Do you really want me to answer that, my dear?" he asked, looking at me in the eyes.

"I'm afraid to say yes," I answered.

"When are you leaving, anyway?" Discord put a clawed hand to his chin and stroked it.

"Tomorrow," I answered. "I just need to try to help Cadance and see what's wrong."

"That should be easy enough," he commented

"Let's hope so," I replied, not feeling so hopeful at all.

*****

I had tried not to think about what Shredder told me on the way to the Crystal Empire. I had just kept quiet and tried not to make it look like nothing was wrong. It seems to work, for Celestia didn't notice anything wrong. A part of me was mad that he was trying to tell me how to live my life. He knew what I been through. He knew that I wanted nothing to do with them. And yet he was trying to convince me to help them. Like Hell, I would. He had no right telling me what to do. He should leave me to decide on my own. But another part of me felt like he was right.

I didn't like Dusty at all, but I did feel bad for her. I knew she must have suffered a lot, and nopony could help her. A part of me wanted to help her. I could be the one to get her to cross over to the next life. But how could I? I didn't know how to use my power. I didn't know what they could do to me. All I had ever experienced was them hurting me. I had never seen one that wanted to help me, so how could I help them? What if they didn't want help? It seems better just to leave them alone. You don't hurt them, they won't hurt you… right?

Maybe it was best not to think about it. I tried not to focus too much on it. I needed to focus on the trip. Celestia wanted me and Cadance to get to know each other. I needed to at least try to learn something about her. Also, she had been acting upset lately. I knew myself how that felt and I didn't want her to feel like that. Maybe I could help her feel better and get to know her.

We trotted through the Crystal Empire up to the throne room where Princess Cadance and Shining Armor were waiting for us.

Well, here goes nothing.

Author's Note:

Simple, easy and to the point. More happen in the next chapter. How will Luna react to this? And what is coming up for Luna and Cadance? Find out soon.

Till Next Time!!!!!:pinkiehappy: