• Published 7th Mar 2019
  • 1,038 Views, 31 Comments

Beyond My Grave: Night Terrors - AnnEldest



The story continues with Luna and Discord trying to move on with their lives. But soon find out that their story is only just the beginning.

  • ...
5
 31
 1,038

A Battle Within The Mind

Seeing that mare standing there behind my sister gave me a fright that I thought would be long gone by now. I only saw her for a few seconds but it was enough for me to know that whoever attacked Cadance last night wasn't something alive anymore. The worst part was that I knew that but nopony else. How could I tell them that? None of us could sleep for the rest of the night after that. I managed to sneak away from everypony for a few minutes. It gave me enough time to go to my room and do what I needed to do. I locked the door, hoping no pony would interrupt me.


Dear Discord,

It's me, Princess Luna. I know it hasn't been that long since our... event but I think I might need your help. Cadance was attacked last night by somepony. And I think it was a spirit. I saw it shortly after I was informed about the attack. I don't know what to do now. You are the only one I could think to turn to. I don't expect you to help me. I understand if you don't want to. I just thought I could ask....



I stared at the letter. He was the only one who knew about my power and was the only one I trusted with this. We also made a promise to each other that when we saw anything that was supernatural, we would tell the other about it. I didn't want to go break that promise. Another thing was I didn't know anything about this kind of stuff. So I had no idea what to do to stop her from hurting Cadance. I also didn't want to face this alone again; not if I knew somepony who could help me. I lit up my horn as I continued writing. The more I thought about the letter, the more memories came back to me. I kept thinking about how much he went through to save me. I would be dead now if it weren't for him. I could never repay that debt to him.


"We have to save Silver Blitz.”

“No, Discord. We can't. Didn't you hear what she said? She wants us to leave and just don't look back. That's all she ever wanted for us. We can’t help her.”

“No, we can't ju….”


My horn dimmed. I couldn't drag him into this. Not again. He nearly died saving me and this was going to be my thanks to him. I crinkled the letter and threw it across the room. It was time to go back to the others before. I headed for the door.

"I'm sorry..." I said to myself when I found the door unlocked. I knew that I locked it when I first came in here.

"You should be sorry."

I gasped when I heard the voice. I quickly used my magic to pin whoever was behind me. I threw them onto the wall with my hoof pressed to their throat.

"Nice to see that Shredder has taught you a few fighting moves," Discord smirked at me. I scoffed and let him go.

"Dammit Discord! I told you to not sneak up on me like that!" I yelled.

"Didn't mean to scare you. Now I know why not to. I'm just lucky you didn't have a knife," He joked a little.

"Why are you even here?" I asked him.

"I need to talk to you about something," He answered.

"This isn't the best time to talk. I'm busy right now," I said annoyed.

"So I heard. What's going on anyways? Why is everypony freaking out?" Discord asked.

"Cadance was attacked last night and they don't know who it was," I said.

"But something tells me that you do know."

"What makes you say that?" I asked as I stared at him carefully.

"Well, that." He turned and looked across the room. I didn't know what he meant at first until he teleported across the room and picked up the letter. Discord uncrinkled the letter and started reading it. I gasped and ran to him. I tried taking the note away from him.

"Hey, give me that!" I lit up my horn trying to take it from him.

"Stop Luna!" He snapped his fingers and teleported away.

"Discord, don't!...shit." I knew he wasn't going to be happy with me. He came back a few seconds later with his arms cross. Just as I thought, he didn't look so happy at me.

"Looks like somepony is going against their word," Discord said madly.

"I was going to tell you," I defended myself. "I was just going...umm." I honestly didn't know what to say to him.

"We had an agreement, Luna."

I sighed sadly. "I know. I know. I just don't know how bad this is. And if it is bad, I don't want to drag you into this again. I can't have you go through anything like what happened to us."

"We talked about this."

"I get that. But you nearly got killed and I couldn't protect you." I trotted to the window and used my magic to open it. I laid my head down on the window sill as I felt a small breeze hitting my face. I looked outside as the birds flew by and whistled their morning song. "If anything were to happen to you...I could never live with myself."

Discord went up to me from behind. "I still have nightmares about it. About her."

"I know you do. I had some dreams with her as well. I just don't think about it too much."

He said, "I try not too. Don't always work out. "

"Discord, why are you here?" I repeated myself.

"Huh?....oh right. I had a strange dream last night that I thought you should know about. Unlike you, I actually planned on keeping my word."

I rolled my eyes. "What was your dream about?"

"That was the strange part. It wasn't what I dreamt about, it was who I dreamt about."

"Okay, who did you dream about."

"It was about Cadance."

"Wait what?" I asked.

"Yeah I dreamt about her but that wasn't the scary part."

"What was it?" I had a feeling that I wasn't going to like the next thing he was going to say. I knew it wasn't going to be anything good bur even then, I wasn't prepared for he said next.


"A voice told me that something was going to kill Cadance."

Author's Note:

I meant to post this on Saturday but I couldn't cause I went on a camping trip. But now it's here. I hope you like it. Yeah it was a little short but don't worry. Next chapter will be longer. Let's see what happens next.

Leave a like and a review.

Till Next Time!!!!:pinkiehappy: