• Published 7th Mar 2019
  • 1,038 Views, 31 Comments

Beyond My Grave: Night Terrors - AnnEldest



The story continues with Luna and Discord trying to move on with their lives. But soon find out that their story is only just the beginning.

  • ...
5
 31
 1,038

A Horrible Place

Alone, a feeling Discord knew all too well. He hated the feeling. It was the one thing he most scared of. He feared abandonment more than death itself. At that moment he knew that same old feeling once again.

Spike was nowhere in sight. He stood frozen in the middle of the hallway. He stared down the hallway trying to grasp the situation. The shadow rushed past him once again. He jumped a little as he started walking forward. He knew that the situation was heading to a very familiar place.

Spike had given up on the door and Discord hearing him. It didn't make sense he had only walked away a couple of feet to the room. Discord should easily be able to hear him. Although nothing in that moment made any luck of sense. He walked over to the dark staircase.

It seemed to have no end. It just went off to an endless abyss. He hesitated a lot before finally giving in. He began to slowly walk down the spiral stairs.

Discord had walked to the end of the hallway to see a large red door. Old and nearly hanging on the hinges, it held its fair share of history. It brought back some memories that weren't all too pleasant. None the less Discord knew that sometimes (more than often) history repeated itself. He opened the door to another large room with shelves.

Spike followed the stairs to a large room. It was by far the most horrifying room he had ever seen. Mannequins were filling the entire room. The mannequins represented a vast amount of different creatures. None of them appeared to be ponies but he did recognize a few that were dragons. He stood frozen in his tracks as he had regretted his life choices.

Discord was regretting his life choices as he walked through the room. He normally would have been smart and walked out of the building right away. At last, he had gone there for answers and he wasn't going to leave without them. His drive was put to the test as he heard the sound of claws scraping against the ground.

Spike jumped back as he saw one of the mannequins move. He started walking back up the stairs, but a voice stopped him in his tracks.

"Why have you come here? No one ever comes to this place?"

Spike turned to see where the voice had come from. It was soft and light. It sounded like it came from a child. Spike searched around the room for any signs of life. His gaze froze and fixed itself on a little doll that was under a very suspicious light.

"Hello," Spike called. "Who's there?"

Spike was hoping that nothing would answer his rhetorical question, but life never really worked out like that. The doll began the walk forward. Spike gasped as he turned to run up the stairs. He was halted by a baby, a very familiar baby.

Discord was horrified at the sound of claws scraping against the walls. One of the toys turned on and started playing a chime. He started to walk backward, deciding that it was time to leave. He tried to open the door only to find that it was stuck. He pulled and pulled on it to no prevail. He started snapping his fingers just hoping he would get lucky. It was all in vain.

As he tried to pull on the door something had touched his head. It ran down his face and onto the floor. Discord rubbed the remaining of it with his paw. He looked at it only to come to the horrible conclusion that it was slobber. He looked up to make another horrible discovery. The door wasn't locked. Something was holding it closed.

Spike was face to face with the baby pony he and Discord had seen in the dream. The one that was hanging from the ceiling with its insides, well not in its insides.

"You at-large, th-the," Spike could hardly speak.

"Why did you come to this place?" Asked the little pony.

Spike stood there staring at the pony for a moment before he mustered the will to speak. " I-I came here for you. I want to know what happened to you."

The pony's eyes went wide. She looked at Spike in curiosity.

"What do you mean? I have always been here," The pony said.

"No, you haven't. You're trapped here but there was a time when you weren't." Spike said with caution." What happened to you?

The pony looked down to the ground. It walked forward past spike. The pony walked over to the doll and picked it up with its mouth. Spike walked over to the pony. He started to realize that the pony wasn't there to hurt him. Perhaps it was just that it had been a long time since any creature had walked into that place.

"How long have I been stuck here?" The pony asked.

"Honestly I have no idea," Spike replied with regret.

The pony sat the doll in front of pike. Spike picked it up looking up to the pony." What's this for?

"My mother was going to give that to me on my birthday, but she was never able to."

"Because you…"

"Yes because I…." The pony was unable to finish." She always wanted me to get rid of my old doll but I loved it so much. That doll your holding was going to be her way of finally getting me to let it go."

Spike looked up at the pony then back at the doll. He got how the pieces came together. The doll from the dream was the doll the pony was telling him about. The doll that the mother mare was holding as she bawled her eyes out. The questions that still stood was what exactly happened to the baby pony, where was the doll, and how did it all connect to the mare that was attacking Cadence.

"What happened to your doll?" Spike asked.

The pony shrugged its shoulders. "I guess my mother kept it, but I don't know where she is."

Spike knew the sad answer that she probably wasn't alive anymore. While he wasn't sure about it he knew that the odds weren't stacked in her favor.

Spike then had to ask the hard question. He thought hard about his choice in words before speaking.

"How exactly did you...umm you know... passed away?" Spike asked at a very slow and steady pace.

The pony actually didn't seem to mind the question. It just looked up at spike and sighed. "I really don't remember to be honest. It's been so long since I woke up in this place. All of the memories from before have faded away now."

"I'm so sorry this happened to you," Spike said almost crying. "I wish I knew how to help you."

"It's okay," the pony said with a small smile." I'm just glad that someone has actually come to care about me. I thought everyone had forgotten about me."

Spike put the doll back on the floor. He started thinking, trying to put the pieces together. He started to wonder, what if the mare that was attacking Cadence was the pony's mother. He had never seen what Cadence had seen, but what Discord's dream could have been the true origin of the mare. All of it seemed to be fitting together.

"You should go now," the pony said picking up the doll. "My father won't be happy to see that we have visitors."

"Your father?" Spike asked.

"Ya, he's trapped here too. He was with me when I passed. It's the one thing I do remember. He's always mad though. Also screaming wishing he could leave this place. The last time someone from the outside came in here he hurt them badly. I don't think they ever left."

"Wait wait?" Spike asked in horror." Well, where is he."

Discord screamed at the creature that stood before him. It crawled on four legs and had a long tongue. It looked semi like a pony with no skin and its rib cage showing. Its skull mostly showed with bits of flesh still hanging on

Discord ran away from the door as the monster jumped at him. Bearly missing him it slid on the floor and crashed into the wall. Discord continued to run, jumping over shelves and a large wooden chest. The monster ran crashing through the shelves.

Discord eventually made it to another door. It completely fell on the floor as Discord rushed passed it. The creature continued in pursuit. Discord almost tripped over every shelf on the way.

"I don't know," The little pony said. "He always hangs around upstairs."

Spike then got the idea that perhaps while he wasn't in danger, there might have been a clear reason why Discord didn't respond.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. My friend might be in trouble with your father," Spike said as he started running towards the stairs.

"If you see him then use your breath. If you wonder why it's so dark up there, it's because the light hurts us," The pony responded as it played with the doll.

"Light, hmm?" Spike smiled." Now that's something they can't take away from me."

Spike ran up the stairs as fast as his young dragon legs could. It surely seemed as if there were double the amount of stairs as he went up them then when he first went down them. Spike was gasping for air when he got to the top. He limped to the door nearly falling on the floor. He turned the knob and pushed on it. To his surprise, it actually opened. He popped his little head out into the hallway. There was nothing site. He walked out into the hallway and began to run as he called for Discord.

Discord's heart was pounding as he ran for his life. The monster was still in pursuit of him. He was astonished by how large the building truly was. There seemed to be no end as he ran past shelf after shelf. He eventually got far enough away from it that the creature lost sight of him. Discord look advantage of that by sliding under a shelf.

He looked around in search of the monster as it looked for him. He covered his body with dolls and other toys. When the creature approached him, it didn't even notice that he was there. It walked right over him. Discord waited till he saw it get farther and farther from him.

He quickly but quietly uncovered himself and got up. He ran in the opposite direction and straight to the door he originally came from.

He tripped over one of the shelves. That's all it took for the monster to locate him. It jumped up to the ceiling and crawled over to him. Discord screamed as he got up to run.

Just then Spike barged through the door to see Discord running and a horrifying monster chasing him.

"Discord!" Spike yelled." Get down!"

"What?" Discord yelled back." I'm not stopping!"

"Just get down, now!" Spike yelled as he sucked in some air.

Discord quickly got the hint and jumped to the ground. Spike let out a large flame from his mouth. The flame flew several feet and quickly reached the monster. It shrieked as it jumped back. It roared in pain as it covered its eyes. Then it jumped up through the ceiling and disappeared.

Discord looked up at the hole in the ceiling and then back at Spike.

"How did you know that would work?" Discord asked as he started shaking.

"Someone told me," Spike said as he sat down to finally catch his breath.

Discord looked up at spike in utter confusion. He had so many questions racing through his head. He had called for spike many times all in vain. Yet Spike stood there telling him that he had been talking to someone else as Discord was being chased by a demon.

"Where in the name of sweat Celestia have you been?!" Discord asked almost shouting.

"You know I was gonna ask you the same exact thing." Spike said as he stood up." I see you met a new friend."

"I hear you met a new friend."

"Ya about that. Maybe we should both explain how we came across our new friends."

Author's Note:

We are so close to the end of this story. Let's see how all of this is connected and how they will help Cadance and Flurry Heart.

Till Next TIme!!!!:pinkiehappy: