• Published 30th Dec 2017
  • 2,615 Views, 64 Comments

Bringing Back The Laughter - Flutterpriest



Pinkie Pie has Passed away. After the funeral, the ponies of Ponyville put it upon themselves to bring a little party and laughter to their quiet town.

  • ...
8
 64
 2,615

Chapter 6 - randome284 - Rainbow Dash

It wasn’t fair.

It wasn’t fucking fair.

I pushed myself harder. Faster. Further. I couldn’t deal with this in front of everypony - I couldn’t. I just had to get away.

My wings beat hard through the air. But it felt warm and nice. The sun was shining, there were no clouds in the sky. It was so happy.

I screamed out of… Frustration? Anger? Sadness? I couldn’t tell, but it hurt.

The day felt so wrong. Like it was mocking me, being so cheerful and happy.

It was just like her.

I shuddered, needing to go faster. Even though my current speed was something I would’ve normally been impressed at, I couldn’t get away from the painful thoughts.

The images flashed in my mind as I flew blindly, tears in my eyes, flowing down my cheeks. I cried out as I saw it in my head again - I watched her ignite the cannon and go flying in the air, with even more confetti than a pony would ever dream of!

We all laughed and giggled, we were so happy. She made us happy with her silly antics.

But then she hit into a wall, crashed right into it. I don’t know if I’ll ever forget that horrifying crack when she did and her body fell to the ground.

Even then, we still thought it was shits and giggles.

I screamed again, my voice aching. It hurt to think then. I hated it. And my flying slowed down a bit because of my stupid feelings, but I didn’t care enough.

I could’ve prevented it. But I didn’t.

I thought she would be safe no matter what and couldn’t die. I didn’t expect it.

And because of my stupidity, she’s dead.

Her death felt so sudden. So unreal and dreamlike, but it still hurt me so badly.

What kind of element on loyalty doesn’t save her best friend?

If I gained my senses quickly enough, I could’ve saved her and she’d still be here and well. But I didn’t.

I didn’t realize it wasn’t another joke of hers but serious. It was my fault. It was my fault for not saving her.

My wings stopped and flapped no more as I reminisced and thought of what I could’ve done. I didn’t know where I was. In a town of ponies or a deserted and empty place. It didn’t matter where I was though, I didn’t care who saw me crying on the ground. I didn’t care about keeping a tough appearance. Not now.

I failed my friend and she was dead. That’s what mattered. I failed as the element of loyalty, but more importantly, as a friend.

I failed.

I was supposed to be there.

Even when she was annoying to me, I did love her inside. But then… I couldn’t tell it to her. Tell her how much I appreciated her. How much I realized she meant to me as a friend.

I was feeling so much, but I couldn’t understand any of it. It felt so surreal. I hated it. A lot of my feelings just seemed blocked out, but I knew all I needed was my friend back. To surprise me with another of her crazy jokes.

I needed her.

“Pinkie, please, I…”

I couldn’t finish. I couldn’t in between sobs.

“Pinkie-” I hiccupped and cried out. I forced one more word out to my friend. “-why?”

Why did she die? Why didn’t I save her? Why?

Why?

Pinkie, why?

Pinkie, why did you do this to me?!

I hated it. It couldn’t be real.

“Pinkie?

“When can I wake up from this nightmare?”