• Published 21st Dec 2017
  • 3,243 Views, 104 Comments

The Armada Trilogy I: The Lieutenant - TheMysteryMuffin



Tempest Shadow has an untold past that nopony really understands. One day, she tells Twilight Sparkle what actually happened on the day she lost her horn and also learns a valuable lesson; that everypony is truly wonderful in their own way...

  • ...
8
 104
 3,243

Epilogue

Canterlot

The oncoming storm was swallowing the skies like a vacuum cleaner. Its black colour was winning the battle against the light of the sun. The sky was soon not only swarmed by clouds, but by the Armada's skiffs. They were coming in quickly, like sharks on a rampage to kill fish for their meal, and there were hundreds of them, preparing to destroy whoever or whatever got in their way.

The skiff in front was the biggest and waved the flag of the Armada, and had its motto on again:

Si tamen plures sunt, unum sumus.

Though we are many, we are one.

Through the raging storm were the two blue lines attached to the front of the skiff, shining brightly in the darkness. They were flickering when the skiff flew past the giant bolts of lightning, that were so big that they could completely blow up an unexpected pilot's skiff without mercy whatsoever. The biggest skiff blew its horn loudly, warning a tiny little airship to move out of the way. Ignoring the warning, the airship remained moving at its usual speed. In response, the skiff advanced its speed and smashed straight into the airship, and then continued on its maiden voyage. It blew its horn again to alert the other skiffs about the crash.

At the front of the biggest skiff, the Lieutenant watched her path through the storm, without flinching at the menacing looking lightning bolts that appeared close to her. She was in the latest armour and was carrying the magical orbs that would turn anything into marble and stone once thrown from its user. The unicorn held one up in her hoof and looked deeply into it. She tutted sadly.

"Poor little ponies," she said to herself, "they were having so much fun. It's such a shame that we have to ruin the party for them. If only they invited us... but of course, we're nothing like them, are we?"

Her short and chubby companion looked up at her and gave a slight chuckle.

"Heh, heh, but we're gonna make the party better, eh?" he asked.

The unicorn looked down and sneered an evil smile on her scarred face.

"All this power... wasted on parties... when there are far greater uses. We were doing too many small, little, pathetic things. But now..."

She gave an evil chuckle.

"...we have all of this to look forward to!"

The henchman looked down at his tiny claws and fiddled with them for a while. He then looked back up again.

"So, you want me to introduce you then?"

The Lieutenant looked up at the black sky and wondered for a moment. She could see the other skiffs hovering above her head, loaded with hundreds of soldiers who were ready to invade. It was quiet, but not silent. Everything was ready for the invasion. Nothing could surely stand in their way now. Could there?

"What if they're prepared?" the henchman asked. The Lieutenant looked back at him.

"Then we'll kill them all! Including Celestia and her little sister. And if there are more... then I'll deal with them. Are the harpoons ready?"

"Yes, ma'am," the henchman replied, "ready for your command."

"Perfect."

The Storm guards started running about the skiff, carrying dangerous weapons and magic spells that they would be using for the attack. The guards loaded themselves with spears and shields, along with whips and other deadly weapons that they could grab hold of. Soon, the whole deck was covered with guards and cannons, ready for the invasion. Thanks to the storm, the skiffs were blocked from Canterlot's view, but would soon be emerging from the clouds. Thunder crackled in the background.

Tempest's skiff was the first to appear. It blew its horn, before lowering itself down to where it could park itself. A pink earth pony started jumping up and down with bizzar excitement.

"Oooooooooo, I bet that's the clowns I ordered!"

After lowering itself to the ponies' level, the skiff knocked over some of the pillars that went around the edge of the grounds. The pillars collapsed onto the grounds and smashed into pieces. From the skiff, sirens started going off and then fumes started appearing from the back of the vehicle. The pink pony then looked back up at the skiff, pulling a concerned expression on her face.

"Or definitely not the clowns I ordered..."

The skiff parked on the side of the grounds and then stopped moving overall. A plank then pronged out and landed on the floor, squashing a pink balloon in the shape of a pony. A pony cried in despair.

"Brian! No!"

Then, everypony looked up and saw a short pug-faced hedgehog walk out, carrying a box that was almost bigger than he was in body proportion. Every step he took, a clanging noise came from under his feet, where he was stomping on the metal plank whilst carrying the box.

From high up in the Canterlot castle, Princess Celestia, her sister and niece watched the strange creature walk down the plank and onto the grounds of Canterlot. Princess Celestia didn't pull a face of fear, but instead the expression of seriousness.

Eventually, the pug-faced hedgehog dumped the box onto the floor and opened it up. Out came a large megaphone and in his right claw was a microphone. He then stopped walking, coughed and then began his speech.

"Ponies of Equestria!" the creature began, "We come on behalf of fearsome, the powerful, the almighty... Storm King!"

Some of the ponies started crying out in fear. Three banners poured out over the skiff; two were the Armada's symbol and the other was a portrait of the Storm King himself, pointing towards the city of Canterlot.

An orange earth mare walked a little closer in curiosity of the portrait, but with a frown on her face. A yellow pegasus stood next to her, but instead of showing no fear, her face was drenched with it. And just a few metres away, a purple alicorn princess looked at a small baby dragon, also with the face of worry and dread.

"And now..." the hedgehog continued, "...to deliver the evil, evil message... put your hooves together, for Commander Tempest!"

Just seconds later, emerging from the smoke inside the skiff, out came a crimson unicorn, wearing Armada armour and with a broken horn, sparkling with deadly magic and greed.

"Is that a... unicorn?" the purple alicorn asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I think so," the baby dragon replied, "but... what happened to her horn?"

Before anypony could question any further, the three other alicorn princesses flew before the skiff and presented themselves before the crimson pony and the giant skiffs that were hovering quietly in the air.

"Tempest, is it?" Celestia asked, "How may we help you?"

The Lieutenant gave off a sinister smile, before replying to the princess' question. She replied quietly to start with, beofre slowly raising her voice.

"Oh, I'm so glad you asked!" she hissed, "How about we start with your complete and total surrender?"

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

That's it! The end! Stay tuned for Volume II and other stories that I'll be writing in the near future! Stay awesome guys, and remember: Twilight loves you all! :twilightsmile: