• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 7,283 Views, 110 Comments

Havoc - Histy



Once death came and went, ending my mortal life, my soul was brought to a new world, with infinite powers beyond imagination. Unfortunately for the mortals who lived here, those powers aren't meant to be used for good.

  • ...
37
 110
 7,283

Chapter 1: Patience Has Rewards

I watched the royal gardens, as I have for the past eon. And as a mortal like you would guess, it was boring.

But in these many passing years, the place I watched over changed significantly.

I used to watch over a simple field in the middle of nowhere, then I was moved to a castle in the middle of an untamed forest, then again to the current area I'm watching over.

Even with my eternally unmoving form, there were some things I took to being my hobbies during this period. I counted things, watch the occasional animal (with the bonus of seeing evolution in effect), but I grew tired of these things very quickly. That was until I was moved to that castle in the middle of the forest.

At first, I didn't know why I was moved, or why the ones who imprisoned me would ever want to see me right next to their residence, let alone in their own garden.

I fortunately got my answer quickly, when two alicorn mares, disregarding my petrified state, introduced themselves to me, explaining that they were their daughters, and that they had passed away some time ago. It was ultimately both of them that decided I should be moved here.

The white one, who called herself Celestia, was one most would refer to as a brat. She carried the aura that said she owned the place. She also teased her sister often, if I had to guess from when they introduced themselves to me.

The blue one, Luna, was different. She seemed less outgoing, and was nothing but lower than her sister on everything. She visited me more often than her sister, usually to speak about the problems in her daily life. I considered it ironic, the daughter of the exalted ponies who imprisoned me, falling for the simple emotions of jealousy and loneliness.

As time went on, Luna began to become more aggressive, and her complaints and demands became more extreme. She spouted about how her sister's "precious days steal the glory of my night" and so forth.

Then, on one day, things got (in my opinion) exciting.

Celestia and Luna (who now looked larger and black coated for some reason) fought each other, magic spells and everything. The fighting was so intense and destructive that it was almost enough to break me out of my stone prison. But, unfortunately, fate decided it was not enough for me to break out. How convenient.

Celestia won the fight, seemingly annihilating Luna with that rainbow laser that imprisoned me stone in the first place. I considered it cheating, mind you.

After the event, Celestia came to me. She wasn't a brat like she used to be, she seemed broken and confused. She told me about the whole thing. Apparently Luna got so jealous to the point she became a being of darkness. She was very emotional about the whole thing, crying and even screaming. It almost made me sympathize for her. Almost.

Everything then proceeded as normal, except that the occasional visits from Luna had stopped, and that I was moved once again, this time to a castle on the side of a mountain. I then stayed there, watching the life unfold in the same pattern it has held since its beginning. Celestia didn't visit much, she usually only did on the most important subjects, like the time her student had decided to disobey her and go travel to another dimension, and then when she acquired a new student for herself afterwards. Somewhere inside me asked how long that was going to last.

I was able to see this new student. She was a purple unicorn called Twilight, as far as I could learn. Apparently she was doing some study on "beings with massive amounts of magic".

I was flattered. Was.

She and her assistant, Spike, I learned, tried to get as much information about me as much as possible, because I, of course, was in stone.

Despite not being able to tell a very long life story, they were able gain quite a bit of information about me. They were able to pry out my name, my position as Goddess of Havoc, and even compared me to the "ancient" usurper Discord.

Just a note: I'm quite certain that I am far more ancient than that fool, thank you very much.

Oh wait... I forgot to mention that he came and caused chaos all over the place a few million years after I was imprisoned.

Dammit. Too late now, it's already well printed within the ink. But I could always reverse it...

Ugh! I'm getting off-topic!

Anyway, Twilight stopped seeing me completely after she was done with that thing. Rude.

After another few years of isolation, on a normal night, I saw someone who I genuinely thought was dead.

Luna was here again for some reason. She wasn't black anymore, back to that boring blue color. She was angry again, but at me. She blamed me for her temper tantrum and that I was the cause for her turning Night-Moon-Mare, or something like that.

Now, I was flattered that she considered me powerful enough to project myself outside my stone prison. But I was also offended that I was blamed for a something I most definitely did not do.

Then, Discord actually managed to break out. How? Because of school children who disagreed on what he was. Fucking ridiculous.

Anyway, he caused a little shitstorm that he was expected to do, and he even had some fun with the decorations in the garden, myself included, when he was "sure that he'd won".

In the end, he lost. Go figure.

After order was restored, everything went back to the normal, boring routine. I went back to watching life unfold in front of me. It was at this point where I was starting to become impatient, and for an ever patient being such as myself, that's saying something.

Today, there's this massive pink shield over in the skies. I don't know what it's for, but I know for certain its purpose isn't to stay there and look pretty.

Now I can see little black dots over the shield, most likely outside of it.

...Now they're hitting it, which I found laughable. Seriously, if a shield is that big, it's gotta be insanely tough. But if you want to break your bones trying to do something impossible, be my guest.

...And the shield just broke. Either the person watching the shield got super lazy, I went completely insane, or all the ponies just aren't at their top game these days and let someone infiltrate them and they ignored it, because there was some big celebration going on and they decided to deal with the problem later.

Now there were these bug things running around and destroying things. Explosions were felt, the sounds of battle echoing throughout.

Just like 1000 years ago, I felt the time was right to finally break free from the stone prison I was set in. But, unlike that time, there was many duels, souls suffer, lives being brought to an end, buildings being destroyed, families torn apart.

I relished in these things. The sounds of war, the apocalypse, havoc.

*CRACK*

There it was, the sound I waited to hear since I was imprisoned.

My hands were the first to become free, then my legs, and then...

I promptly fell to the ground, the impact shattering the rest of the stone that encased my body.

I stood up after the humiliating display, and conducted a much needed stretch. And when you've been in the same pose for an eon, you could bet that a lot of bones were going to crack.

"Oh yeah, that feels good," I liked being able to hear my own voice again. I've been in stone for so long that I've almost forgot how it sounded like.

I soon moved on to other things, like cleaning my hair and my clothing of the dust left over, checking my staff for anything wrong, and looking back to where I'd been in stone for the past eon.

I turned the entire pedestal into dust.

Once I did that, I focused on getting out of this place. I felt a light force under my feet, lifting me off the ground. I almost lost my balance, but my many years of experience were able to come back to me, and preventing another humiliating moment from happening.

"It's been so long since I've seen this world," I thought as I hovered over to the sounds of battle, "Let's see what's going on today."

Author's Note:

A new story in which I myself think I shouldn't be doing. Regardless, enjoy.