• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 7,284 Views, 110 Comments

Havoc - Histy



Once death came and went, ending my mortal life, my soul was brought to a new world, with infinite powers beyond imagination. Unfortunately for the mortals who lived here, those powers aren't meant to be used for good.

  • ...
37
 110
 7,284

Chapter 17: One Tartarus of a Night

There's something I've been neglecting to mention recently. Something I believe is most important to know what's going on as of now.

Due to Faust being dead, I'm essentially a mortal. You probably already knew that, but I just want to make sure you remembered it. Got it? Good.

Now, despite me being mortal (for now), I still held some of my God-like traits. Please note that I said some, not all. This meant that I needed to adopt some of the mortal habits in order to survive.

Eating was part of these habits.

The first incident occured when me, Aurora, Stiermann, and Baron began our trek to the Crystal Empire. Before that time, it's been an eternity since I ever heard my stomach growl in hunger. So long story short, I then went hunting for food, and because of my staff, it was relatively easy to catch, and cook said food.

This habit of going hunting for food continued well until we first entered the Crystal Empire (Now I'm seriously considering renaming it). There, after I took control, I began to eat foods cooked by the chefs of the city. And I'll admit, never in my life did I have so many options on what to eat.

To me, it was like heaven, especially for one who once lived the life of a slave.

Since then, I often found myself going back to the chefs every night and ordering them to cook me the best dishes they have to offer, along with some dessert as well.

Who knew I could be so gluttonous?


It's been four days since the failed coup d'etat, and since then I've been laying some groundwork for by official enthronement in a week and a half. I also launched a purge within some ranks (mostly Spartiates) of the army to ensure that they never dared to rise up against me ever again.

Some of those Spartiates that were killed personally sent letters to me, desperately trying to convince me that they were innocent. How cute.

There was also the situation regarding preparation for the eventual coming of Grogar. The way I trained for this was by going as far away from the city as possible, find a massive mountain range, and completely flatten the area with my staff. Seeing as there was no one really close to matching the power I held, this was the only way for me to prepare.

Now, to you this may not sound hard on paper, but I should tell you that destroying an entire mountain range is incredibly harder than it looks. By comparison, manipulating water, and by extension the ocean, is far easier, as it's far less compressed than their mountain counterparts. Long story short, it took me hours alone to destroy these places, and by the end of it I was left a heaving, exhausted figure.

And with me being exhausted, it also made me feel quite famished.

So I went with the routine for the past four days: go back to the city, go into the Palace, go into the Palace's kitchen, demand the chefs make me a meal (preferably meat), then wait patiently or impatiently, depending on what mood I'm in.

And since I was in a rather fowl mood today, I was also rather impatient.

I sat on the end of the elongated table that occupied the center of the Palace dining room, twirling my staff with a bored expression on my features.

Sitting near me were all the captives, all here for the same reason I am. Cadence and Spike sat to my left, while Shining Armour occupied my right.

They all tried do use this opportunity of having conversation with me, asking questions of my previous mortal life, my early Godhood, and what compelled me to kill Faust in the first place. How they knew my life story was confusing, but I guess it was something that was recorded in ancient books after my imprisonment, probably used to scare children into obedience.

I never gave them any descriptive answers, always keeping them simple, but on-point. For instance, if they asked how my life was as a former slave, I'd simply answer, "Like any other slave", never going into any detail. And if they asked for any more details, I gave them a rather harsh rebuke.

And today they were doing the same things.

"How would you describe Spartacus?" Cadence asked.

"A stupid, incompetent prick," I answered simply.

Realizing that they couldn't get any more out of that, they went to another question, this time with Shining Armour asking, "Did you interact with mortals in your early Godhood?"

"Yes, but I killed them all."

"Why?"

I snapped a harsh glare at him, making him flinch.

"Because it was my job, you dunce."

Thankfully before the captives could ask any more questions, a servant came through the doors that connected the dining room and the kitchen. His hooves carried none of the foods that I ordered, which, considering my already irritated mood, made me scowl.

Once he was next to my seat, the servant bowed before he spoke.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, My Lady, but our cooks have encountered problems with the ovens."

"Such as?"

"The biggest problem they are encountering is that the fire needed to cook the food is not growing large enough to do so, no matter how much wood or coal they put into it."

Of course. Today is just one irritating thing after another.

"So you're telling me," I began slowly, "that I waited all this time for nothing?"

The servant hesitated for a moment, before answering quietly, "Yes, My Lady."

"And you do know that I am quite aggravated by this news, yes?"

"...Yes, My Lady."

Suddenly the room darkened as I finally let my rage flicker through and show itself.

"Then I suggest you find something for me to eat in your kitchen, or so Jupiter help me I will have your head separated from your body!"

"Y-Yes, My Lady!" the servant practically scrambled and ran back to the kitchen in fear.

After letting myself calm down for a moment, I turned back to the captives, who all held expressions of worry, but no fear was noticeable, with the exception of Spike.

"Any more questions?" I asked them with a sigh.

They remained silent as they wondered in their heads about what could be asked, which should be nothing, considering all of the relevant information has already been provided, thus-

"Actually, I have one." Dammit.

I turned to Spike, who had (surprisingly) been the one to address me. "What would that be?"

"Who's that "Jupiter" guy you keep talking about?"

I leaned back on my seat and hummed, before answering, "Someone a mortal mind like yours cannot comprehend."

Spike's gave me a sour-faced expression in response. "Well that's very descriptive," he said sarcastically.

"I try my best," I responded, also sarcastically.

Spike looked as though he was going to challenge my answer, but was interrupted as the servant came back into the dining room, a bottle of a dark liquid resting upon his hooves.

He confidently strode to the table, setting the bottle in front of me.

I grabbed the bottle with my free hand, reading its label.

Griffonian Wine.

"A delicate wine for you, My Lady, from the rich lands of the Griffon Kingdoms," he clarified. "I hope it is to your liking."

"We'll see about that," I said matter-of-factly.

Using my staff, I opened the bottle. Although, it seemed as though I overdid it, as the cork shot up to the ceiling at speeds a mortal could never trace, and it probably got lodged into the ceiling too, considering it never came back down.

Now with the bottle opened, I wasted no time in chugging its contents without stop.

What? I was quite thirsty.

The servant stumbled on his words, "Imperatrix! That's not how you're supposed to drink it!"

But I ignored him, continuing my drinking.

When I finished on my own accord, I set the bottle back onto the table, about a third of its contents now gone.

My, this diluted wine tasted better than all the ones I stole from my former master! Those tasted like shit compared to this.

But besides that, I noticed some weird things were going on. For instance, my vision was blurred, but not to the point it completely diminished my sight. And I also felt a little... light-headed.

I blinked a few times, trying to rid myself of the blue. This worked, although I still felt light-headed. Shrugging the feeling off, I looked upon the captives and servant, who were all giving me worried glances.

"What?" I asked.

"My Lady... do you feel sober?" the servant questioned.

I snapped at him, "Of course I feel sober, what do you think this wine is, pure?" I scoffed, "Fuck off."

"B-But Impera-"

"I said fuck off!"

"Y-Yes, Imperatrix!" the servant ran back into the kitchen with his tail (literally) between his hind legs.

I scowled at where he had gone to, a dark growl emanating from me.

"Asshole." I continued drinking the wine.


If there was anything Cadence thought she would never had a chance of witnessing, it would be a Goddess getting wasted right in front of her.

But now she has seen it, thanks to Zerstörung. Or Excidia, as the Goddess wanted to be known by her original alias once more. After all, the one who had made her current name was now long dead.

At this point and time, the Goddess really wasn't acting like herself. Her cheeks were flushed in a golden blush as she became far more jovial, to the point where Cadence thought she was dreaming. Alas, this was proven wrong when Zerstörung/Excidia gave her a hard pinch.

After that, the Goddess joyously danced around the dining room, stumbling many times in both her speech and stride, even singing some tunes in her old tongue.

And she was still doing it.

"Romae erit captum, direptum~" the Goddess sang, her slurred voice making her singing ever more terrible, "Et eius Senatus adolebit!~"

Once finished, Zerstörung/Excidia proceeded to look upon the captives, a goofy smile on her face. She slurred, "Well, how'd I do?"

The captives looked at one another, unsure how to answer the question, especially since the Goddess still held her dangerous staff within her grasp.

"Well... it was something..." Cadence answered finally.

Zerstörung/Excidia squealed excitedly, exclaiming happily, "Wonderful!"

She then went for another chug of the wine bottle, which was still held by her free hand.

...Only to realize that it was empty.

She fidgeted with the bottle for a moment, looking inside of it, shaking it, and turning it upside down to confirm that it was completely empty.

"Oh... it appears that I'm out of wine..." Zerstörung/Excidia said sadly, an unhappy frown forming on her lips.

Abruptly, she giggled and smiled, her drunk happiness returning once more.

"Who cares?" she slurred, tossing the bottle behind her, it shattering as it made contact to the floor, "I don't need that damn thing anyway!"

She then stumbled her way to Shining Armour, who had, unfortunately, been the closest to her.

The drunk Goddess hooked her free arm around his neck, which only served to make the stallion feel even more uncomfortable.

"Can I ask ya something?" she slurred to him, her alcoholic breath almost making Shining hurl.

Even though Shining hadn't answered her question, the drunk Goddess continued. "Are we frien..." she stopped herself for a moment, before speaking again, "...acquaintances?"

Shining obviously didn't want to say no, as she could still kill him if she wanted to. She may be happy now, but her mood could very well change to anger quickly.

An angry and drunken Goddess? Yeah, no one wanted that.

"Uh... yes?" Shining lied.

Zerstörung/Excidia gave him a happy smile, "Marvelous!" she practically shouted, "Come, dance with me in celebration!"

Before he could respond, Shining was dragged by the drunk Goddess, who promptly began to try dancing with him.

Cadence looked upon the spectacle with disbelief. She wonders why the Goddess had called the wine "diluted", when that kind hadn't been produced for over a thousand years!

But it was too late to tell her that now, as she was far beyond the point of drunk.

She doesn't know why she hadn't noticed it before, but Cadence saw that Spike was laughing, clearly enjoying what he was witnessing.

She looked back upon what was happening: Zerstörung/Excidia getting drunk, Cadence being pinched, wild slurrish singing, and Shining Armour being dragged on to dance.

The more she thought of what happened, the more Cadence herself began to laugh.

Tonight was one tartarus of a night.


"That was your plan!?" Vastatrix exclaimed in disbelief.

Harmonic frowned at her darker counterpart. "Yes, it is. You said that any plan to get her unconscious would work for you."

"But I didn't tell you to get her drunk!"

"Nor did you say not to."

Vastatrix groaned in frustration. "I should have known better than have you do this job on your own."

"Well, just look on the bright side-"

"I don't tend to do that a lot."

"-With her wasted, there's a higher chance for her to become unconscious. Thus we will be able to finally put our plan into action."

Vastatrix sighed in defeat, "Fine," she declared, lifting her arms in surrender. "We'll go with your idea, but only because it's already happened."

Harmonic smiled at her darker counterpart, "Glad we could agree on something."

A brief lapse of silence occured between the two, before Harmonic spoke again.

"You know, I never thought it would take all these years for us to finally reveal ourselves to our host."

"Indeed," Vastatrix concurred. "But now that wait is over, and hopefully we'll be able to interact with people besides the two of us. And if we do..."

Below Vastatrix' piercing red eyes, a vicious, devilish smile appeared, its set of sharp and pointed teeth clearly visible despite her jet black physique.

"...It's going to be fun..."

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

""Fun"? How's that going to be fun?"

"Fuck off, Harmonic!"

Author's Note:

Yeah... don't know if I did drunkenness right... :ajbemused:

Whatever, enjoy the chapter as I debate on whether to add the narcotics tag or not...