• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 7,284 Views, 110 Comments

Havoc - Histy



Once death came and went, ending my mortal life, my soul was brought to a new world, with infinite powers beyond imagination. Unfortunately for the mortals who lived here, those powers aren't meant to be used for good.

  • ...
37
 110
 7,284

Chapter 12: Inside the Mind

A dark, ever-expanding void. This is what was expected to be found inside one's mind, at least for those who resided in it.

Seeing this void was nothing new to her, as she had occupied it since the day her host was born. And that was a very long time ago. And now, only just recently, has she made her existence known. This being, all black except for her dark blood red eyes, simply observed all that happened next.

She now watched as Zerstörung began her new leadership role within the Crystal Empire. She knew that it was awfully out of character for her to be letting these mortals live, especially when she herself ordered that they all be killed.

"Like my handiwork?"

She looked over her shoulder, glaring at whoever was speaking to her. She wasn't alone in this mind. She shared it with someone else.

The person in question looked like how Zerstörung had in her former life as a mortal, although she looked far more formal, wearing a stola that befitted a Roman elite, and her hair was far more tamed, combed completely straight.

"Your handiwork has no purpose here," the dark one growled.

The well-dressed figure scoffed, "Oh please, I know I can't stop her from fulfilling her plans. I just want to avoid any unnessecary killing."

"Like those nobles the first night she was free?"

"Yes, like those nobles."

The dark one groaned, "Truly, you are a pain."

The well-dressed figure ignored the comment, moving to the dark one's side, and asked, "So... what's she doing?"

"Oh, nothing special, just some administration work," the dark one answered.

"I thought she said those kinds of things would be a waste of time."

"What I meant was that she's monitoring the progress of implementing the old Spartan doctrines."

"And how's that going?"

"Surprisingly well. You'd at least expect some resistance from the population, but instead they followed the new doctrine as if there was nothing wrong with it."

The well-dressed figure hummed, "Guess that's what happens when you save an entire city from one they regard as a tyrant."

The two beings had lived in this void ever since the Goddess had been born as a mortal. At first, they were both at each other's throats, and only after their host had became a gladiator had they developed a mutual respect for one another, although most in the world outside would call it a friendship, which was something the dark one never wanted to admit.

"So what do we do in the meantime before she falls asleep or something?"

"I don't know. More war games? Or watch some past memories?"

The well-dressed figure groaned, "Oh, come on! That's all we've done since whenever we became friend-"

"Don't you dare say that word." the dark one interrupted.

"Oh, why not? Are you too sensitive to that word? Maybe I should say it more so that you won't be."

"Are you taunting me?" the dark one growled, her anger rising.

"No, just the truth," the well-dressed one stated.

"And what truth would that be, Harmonic?"

The well-dressed one, now dubbed Harmonic, laughed, "That it's fun to anger you, Vastatrix."

The dark one, now dubbed Vastatrix, stormed off.

"I'm going to waste my time without you, then!"

"Have fun!" Harmonic called back.

She wasn't worried about Vastatrix. She knew that the dark being would soon return anyway, all her anger evaporated as if she wasn't ever angry in the first place. In the meantime, she watched how her host acted, looking for ways to influence it in some ways.

"Let's make sure you don't get trigger happy with all that killing, shall we?" she said in a determined voice.


Things had been going smoothly for the past few weeks. Children were already being indoctrinated to be warriors, a small army had been built, scouts were sent to the surrounding regions to see who was the weakest enemy, and I got my dress back.

Baron and Stiermann's fates were also figured out at this time. Apparently, they were still unconscious, and we're moved to the Crystal Palace's medical ward. They'll need the rest, as there would be no more mercy from me once they wake up.

Well, scratch that, I'm probably going to have go kill them both, as they've been making their rounds across the city destroying, and aren't the best for serving me. If I allowed them back in, then I would lose the city's support, and in order for my plan to work in the long run, I needed that support. It's unfortunate that it was probably going to be this way, but in the end, it would be absolutely necessary.

meanwhile, the captives we're under watch of the new guard, as Aurora and I had grown tired of watching them. I had planned to torture Cadence again. But even I would admit that, considering she helped greatly in my recovery, I owed my life to her. So as some sort of reward, she wasn't going to be injured any time soon.

Despite this, I still didn't trust the captives, and assigned guards to watch their every move, often disguising themselves as civilians when they were out of the palace.

And I didn't do this only to the captives. All residents of the city received the same treatment. Whoever dared to speak against the "hero and savior" of the city was to be deemed an Equestrian spy, and sent off to "re-education". Which means they're going to be tortured into submission, in case you didn't know.

Don't worry, I wasn't going to allow any unnecessary killing. At least not yet.

Indoctrination and building a new army were among my top priorities. The children recruited for indoctrination were mostly between ages five and seven. Good. They'll be far more easier to manipulate.

In accordance to all these events, there was also a new calendar being made, and a new Cult of Havoc was being installed. The calendar's first day was scheduled to be the day when I officially declare myself the Imperatrix of this place, beginning Year I of the calendar.

The Cult, of course, was solely based upon me. I was to be seen as the divine being which shall bring fire to the world, and secure it for their rule. In more appropriate words, my rule.

Things were going slow, but smoothly.


I sat on the throne, as I have for the past few weeks, managing my new state, and converting it to one that was long dead, but not forgotten.

Ink Writer paced in front of me, signing papers which were nothing more than petitions. I had told him that I don't do menial tasks of governing, as they wasted time for me to focus on much bigger problems, and thus I directed him to ignore or deny all of which came through. I didn't want to ban them, as I needed to make the mortals feel that they still have some say, which they're oblivious that they no longer have.

"How goes the recruitment?" I questioned Ink.

"Very well, if I do say so myself, My Lady," he answered with dignity, "I've just gotten word that an orphanage of about twelve hundred children had been recruited to serve you.

By Jupiter's name, twelve hundred? There must be some very irresponsible parents around here. Or they were there because Baron and Stiermann killed their parents. Most likely the latter.

"And what ages are they?" I futher questioned.

"The youngest are about three, and the oldest are about fourteen, if the report is correct."

So their ages vary quite a lot. Sorting it is, then.

"Instruct them to separate all of the children by age. The group's shall be those older than ten, those between ten and five, and those younger than five."

"Yes, My Lady," he bowed, then left. As he did, a guard entered.

"What do you report?" I addressed the guard.

He bowed, "I believe we have found an enemy suitable for our first conquest, My Lady."

"And these enemies are...?"

"The Yaks, My Lady. Scouts report that they are much weaker than they were during the Dark King's reign, thus they are the first people we should conquer in your name."

So the Yaks are the first to be conquered. How unfortunate for them.

"Send for the Legata, I wish to speak to her regarding this conquest."

"Yes, My Lady," the guard hastily left.

If you're wondering who that "Legata" is, it's Aurora. I've also been reviving some Roman military ranks along with the Spartan traditions. A deadly combination, if you asked me.

With their association to me, I named the Gatekeepers as part of the new Legati, those who were to be the most powerful within my new order besides myself. I made my declaration only to Aurora, however, as I was still in the process of whether I should withhold the title to Baron and Stiermann as part of their punishment. Or I could kill them, as I have speculated about before.

Now back to the situation at hand, I was calling Aurora so that she may lead a campaign against the Yaks, and to also prove her worth to me. If she were to fail, she shall suffer the same punishment Baron and Stiermann will, including death if I chose it.

But that was only if she didn't prove herself, and after all the days of her trying to get me to approve of her (which thankfully stopped after I named her Legata), was likely to happen. Although, there also a slight chance she would succeed.

But even if she did, it would depend on what methods she would use to keep all those Yaks in line after she's conquered them in my name. And I preferred rather... extreme methods.

Author's Note:

Now we're getting to stuff I really like! War, conquest, people dying n' shit. Also, Harmonic's been reintroduced! With a different look and personality! Hope y'all liked it!