• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 887 Views, 20 Comments

Getting the Rainbooms Together - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Rainbow Dash comes up with an idea to form a band with Sun and the girls.

  • ...
3
 20
 887

Chapter 9: How Far She Wants to Know

A week later on a saturday afternoon, Sun is in her room, simply lying down on her bed with her iriomote cat, Nina by her side. As she is on the bed, Sun look to see her journal, the same one she writes to Princess Twilight from time to time. She then thinks it will be a good idea to send a message and see what she is doing. She grabs the book and pen, sits down on her bed, turns the book to empty page, and begins to write down her message.

As she writes, Sun says in her thoughts, "Dear Princess Twilight, how are things back in Equestria, and how are your friends and the princesses doing? Things have been going pretty well since Fall Formal, and very excited about the Musical Showcase. But there seems to be more magical transformation, and after some time we decided to call this pony up. I know it sounds strange but Pinkie came up with the name, and it seems very accurate. Either way all of my friends and I are doing fine here. But I still wonder what is the magic still remain here and not return to Equestria. I hope to hear from you soon, and have a good time like we are.

Your friend,

Sun"

After she finishes writing, Sun puts the book and pen back on the desk, and relax on the bed. Nina walks next to her and meows for attention. Sun simply picks up Nina, and head down stairs to see her sister and her friends, The Crusaders, and see how they are doing. While Sun and her friends are in a band together. Screwball along with her crusader friends are also in a band together. When she walks outside, she can see her friends just finish with their song, and are going to take a break.

Sun says, "Hi girls."

"Hey sis," Screwball says.

"Hi Sun," Apple Bloom and the others say.

Sun giggles and asks, "So how are The Crusaders doing?"

"We're doing great, and we are going to rock at the showcase," Scootaloo says with pride.

But Apple Bloom says, "But we still need to practice for the showcase, it's going to be next saturday afternoon."

"Don't forget the bake sale that is going to take place there," Sweetie Belle says with a smile.

"Yeah. But Apple Bloom and Applejack are not going to do it this time. Some of the students from the cooking club are going to be in charge of it," Sun clarifies.

"Yeah. But they're going to be selling some of Granny Smith desserts," Apple Bloom adds.

"I know. I love your granny's apple fritters and apple pies," Sweetie Belle says with a sparkle in her eyes and a smile in her face.

Screwball snickers and says, "Especially Soarin."

Hearing that statement, everyone else start laughing. After having a good laugh, Sun, her sister and the other Crusaders are having a bit of a lunch break. As the girls are eating, Sun is os starting to feel a bit distracted. In fact, Sun is feeling a bit sad about something, something that's been bugging her for some time.

Screwball notice her sister's expression and asks, "Sis, is there something wrong?"

"Well, I guess I do wonder about something," sun answers looking distracted.

"Like what? Screwball asks.

Sun sighs and says, "I… I sometimes feel sad… about the life, the family, and the home I left behind. Ever since I remember everything ,I sometimes feel out of place, especially since I was adopted. I sometimes miss my family, Princess Celestia, and my home in Equestria… and… and I can't help it?"

Hearing this, Screwball can understand why Sun is feeling, she's feeling a bit out of place. Even though she have great friends, a loving family, and a great place to live, this isn't the home she is born in. Sun just feeling a bit homesick.

Screwball hugs Sun and says, "I understand what you mean. But we all still love you, and we manage to work things out. I also guess it's hard for you to know that practically everypony in that world though you were gone, but Twilight her friends and the princesses know the truth, and I'm sure that someday, you'll be ready to go back to Equestria to see your family again.

Sun smiles and says, "Maybe someday I will remember what's it like to live there, and see my family. But I'm really happy being with you, dad, and all of my friends."

Sun gets up and says, "I think I'm going out for a while."

"Okay, but remember to be back home for dinner," Screwball replies with a smile.

Okay," Sun says.

After getting her backpack with her things and letting Screwball to watch Nina for a while, Sun leaves the house to go take a long walk. Later in the walk, Sun finds herself at Canterlot High School. Since it's a saturday the school is closed and no one is around the area. Sun then walk towards the Wondercolt Statue where the portal is. She knows the portal is closed, but really miss living there since she remember is. She wonder what will happen if she comes back, or how far will her life take her living here and coming back to Equestria.

Sun:

I've been standing at the edge of this mirror

Long as I can remember, never really knowing why

I wish I could be the perfect daughter

But I come back to the mirror, no matter how hard I try

Every turn I take, every trail I track

Every path I make, every road leads back

To the place I know, where I want to go

Though I want to see

See the line where my mind meets my heart it calls me

And no one knows, how far it goes

If the wind in my hair and my friends stay behind me

One day I'll know, if I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

Oh oh oh, oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh

Sun walks away from the stature and is going to walk around the city. During her walk, she can see people working at stores, walking around the sidewalk, driving their cars, and doing their everyday lives.

Sun:

I know, everybody in this city seems so happy in this city

Everything is by design

I know, everybody in this city has a role in this city

So maybe I can roll with mine

I can lead with pride, I can make us strong

I'll be satisfied if I play along

But my heart inside sings a different song

What is wrong with me?

She then sees Lapis old mansion, and decides to head inside the house to Lapis' old room, where they first meet each other.

Sun

See the light as it shines in my heart it's blinding

But no one knows, how deep it goes

And it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find me

And let me know, what's beyond that line, will I cross that line?

When Sun reaches the balcony of the old mansion, she starts to glow a bright gold color. She then grows pony hair, an extended ponytail tied with a black hair band with magenta rhinestones on it, and wings on her back.

Sun:

See the line where my mind meets my heart it calls me

And no one knows, how far it goes

If the wind in my hair and my friends stay behind me

One day I'll know, how far I'll go

Sun has never feel this happy with show off this kind of magic. She knows that someday she will return to Equestria, and see all the ponies she used to know. Until then she is going to continue living at Canterlot High, and do what her life and heart will take her.

Author's Note:

How Far I'll Go by Alessia Cara: Moana with a few alterations.

Have to admit. This song is one of the best from the movie, and loved it. :raritystarry: