• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 887 Views, 20 Comments

Getting the Rainbooms Together - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Rainbow Dash comes up with an idea to form a band with Sun and the girls.

  • ...
3
 20
 887

Chapter 6: Get Back the Bass

A few days later, on a saturday afternoon, the girls are working on getting the band together for the showcase. It's also the day that Applejack's family is having a yard sale. Sun and the others are in front of Applejack house and with her, and are with her grandmother. Things for the band is going pretty well, however… there is one little problem.

"So, Granny Smith accidentally sold your bass in the yard sale?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"Yeah. But she didn't mean it. Right now, I'm trying to get her to remember who she sell it too." Applejack answers.

Then Sun says, "That might not be easy cause a lot of people came to the sale today, so it's going to be hard for her to remember who bought what."

"You can say that again," Applejack remarks.

After some time with Granny Smith and multiple times of asking her, Granny Smith does remember, but ends up with a bit of memory lost for the past few minutes. Applejack knows she is going to have to be more specific with her grandmother about the base.

"Okay, Granny, one more time. When ya accidentally sold my bass at the garage sale, who did ya sell it to?" Applejack asks.

Granny Smith remembers and answers, "I sold it to the owners of that new pawn shop. Uh, Flibbity Flabbity, somethin' like that."

Sometime later, Sun and her friends are at the new pawn shop that is in the middle of the city. When they are inside, they can see there are a lot of things inside. From the looks, the store seems to have any kind of used stuff in it.

Just then, two men appear in front of the girls. They're both twins, who has light yellow skin, green eyes, and red and white striped hair. They are both wearing the same shirt, blue and white striped vest, white pants, black ties, and straw hats with a blue strap tied around it. One of the brothers has a blue white shoes, red belt with a gold buckle, and a pin with an apple slice. The other one has a red mustache, red white shoes, a black belt with a gold buckle, and a pin of an apple missing a slice.

One of the brothers happily says, "Welcome to the grand opening of the Flim Flam Brothers' Everything Under the Sun Emporium!"

"If you want it…" The other one replies.

"...we've got it!" The brothers announces at the same time.

"Need a pogo stick?" Flim says bouncing on pogo stick.

"A bowling ball?" Flam says holding the bowling ball.

Flim holds a toy clown and adds, "A stuffed clown?"

"Whatever this is?" Flam adds holding this strange helmet with wires on it.

However, the girls are not very interested in getting some stuff from here. They come here for one thing, and one thing only. Applejack's base.

"I'd like that bass," Applejack says.

The girls, as well as the shop owners are looking at the bass at the window display. They base is also with a drum set, disco ball, a speaker, and other instrument.

Flim grabs the bass from the window display as he says, "I can give you this bass for a non-negotiable price of one thousand dollars."

The girls eyes widen and are shocked to hear the cost of the bass. In fact, Applejack is even more shocked than the rest.

But Rarity firmly says, "Why, you only paid Granny Smith two dollars for it!"

"Yes, well, we have to cover our overhead and transportation costs," Flim says, as he passes the base to his brother.

But Applejack says while holding the two dollars, "Listen, Granny never should've sold my bass. I'll give ya the two dollars back and we'll call it even."

The girls agree with Applejack about the bass being hers, but Flim and Flam are looking unsure about it.

But the brothers firmly says, "Likely story!"

Applejack exclaims, "It is. That's my bass."

As Sun and the others are not very pleased with the Flim Flam Brothers, not at all.

"And can you prove that this is, in fact, your bass?" Flim asks.

Rarity firmly answers, "Her initials are monogrammed right on the strap."

The two brothers look on the strap to see the initials A.J on the strap.

However, Flam says, That could mean anything. It could stand for…

"Aardvark Junior"... Flim adds.

Then Flam says, "Anvil Jokers"...

"Or "Animal Jane" Flim adds.

"Why, I'll bet you don't even play the bass, Applejack - if that is your real name," Flam adds staring at Applejack in the face.

Rainbow Dash gets into Flam face, as she angrily says, "Of course that's her real name!

"And she does play the bass!" Pinkie happily shouts, rocking in the rocking horse.

Sun takes the guitar from the brothers and says, "And Applejack is going to prove it."

"Thank you," Applejack says, as she takes the base from Sun.

After getting the base, Applejack started to play it, and she is amazing on it. As she plays Sun and the other are excited to hear her play, while the Flim Flam Brothers are surprised. At the last strum of the bass, Applejack gain pony ears and her hair extened into a braid. The sound of the bass sends a loud and strong wave across the store. It end up making the two brothers shock and their hairs get messed up. When she finish playing, Sun and the others cheer from Applejack bass play. The two brothers are still stunned to see this.

"Perhaps this is her bass," Flim says looking stunned at the transformation.

Applejack holds out the two dollars with a smug on her face, knowing she proves that the bass belongs to her. However, the two brothers show smiles on their faces as they fix their hair, but Flam also fix his mustache too.

Then Flim says, "But there are still the transportation costs and overhead."

"Don't forget the stocking fees," Flam adds.

Wouldn't dream of it, brother!" Flim adds with a smile.

After hearing these statements, Applejack sighs looking very glum. She thinks she'll never get her bass back, especially with these two. However, Sun and the others are not going to stand for it. Pinkie shows her fist punching her other hand while the others have their arms crossed with serious looks. Seeing the angry looks, the brothers know that the girls are not going to let this go.

Then again, I suppose we could make some sort of trade? Flim suggests.

Applejack smiles hearing one of the brother's statement. She is positive that whatever the trade is she is going to get her bass back from the Flim Flam brothers. However, this kind of trade is not only unexpected, but not very pleasing either.

Applejack finds herself outside of the store wearing a banana suit playing her bass. Her trade is to help promote their store while wearing the costume and playing the bass. Mostly to draw customers to the store.

With a sigh, Applejack says sounding like sarcasm, "Come on down to the grand opening of the Flim Flam Brothers' Everything Under the Sun Emporium."

Just then Granny Smith comes along and she is simply walking around. She then notice Applejack wearing the suit and playing the bass in front store.

Granny surprisingly asks, "Since when do you play the bass?"

Playing her bass, Applejack face palm her hand on to her face. She is simply not having a good day. She is hoping that after this weekend is over, she is never going to the store or near those two brothers again.

Author's Note:

The Flim Flam Brothers drive a hard barging didn't they. :facehoof: