• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 887 Views, 20 Comments

Getting the Rainbooms Together - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Rainbow Dash comes up with an idea to form a band with Sun and the girls.

  • ...
3
 20
 887

Chapter 7: Seeing Twilight Twice

On a nice sunday afternoon, Sun is out doing some shopping while her dad is doing some agenda for the school week. She is also accompanied by her iriomote cat, Nina who is inside her bag. Nina maybe wild, but she loves to take a cat nap in somewhere warm and comfy, and Sun's bags fit the bill. Sun looks around to find some items she needs for dinner and other needs.

Sun looks at her bag and says in her thoughts, "That Nina, always sleeping in my bags. It's no wonder I ended up taking her everywhere I go."

During the time, Sun is able to find the stuff she needs for dinner tonight. Sun loves to go out around town with her cat, and to help her father around. She also promise her sister to get a few things for her for snack, and some stuff for her pranks. She may have some skeptics for her sister's prank, but can see that these are at the pranks that everyone can enjoy.

As Sun is walking on the sidewalk in the city, she starts to hear a small yet familiar barking noise. From the looks of it, it sounds like a small dog. Her question is answer, when she turns to see a small purple dog running towards her. Then the little pooch jumps at her

"Woah!" Sun reacts as the dog jumps at her.

Sun falls to the ground dropping both of her bags with her cat and belonging, along with the groceries. The next thing Sun knows, the little dog is licking her face, which is tickling her.

Sun laughs as she says, "Hey... stop... quit it…"

Sun tries to get the little dog off of her, but the poock doesn't want to leave. It seems that the little guy wants to be with Sun for some reason or another, and start to wonder where his owner is.

Her question is answer when she hears a girl's voice calls out, "Spike!"

The little dog calls Spike barks happily and runs to her owner. Sun sits up to see the little dog's owner. To her surprise, she can see… Twilight Sparkle. She is wearing a purple short sleeved button up short, with a dark purple vest, and a matching purple skirt with a mangent six pointed star with five white six pointed stars. At first, she thinks that the Twilight she has met at the Fall Formal change her outfit, but seeing the large glasses and her hair in a bun, she can tell this is the same Twilight she has met back at Crystal Prep, during competition events.

Twilight comes up to hr while holding her dog and says, "Sorry about that. Spike can be so active sometimes,"

"Twilight," Sun quietly replies.

Twilight turns her head towards Sun with a confused look, and says, "Yes, but how do you know my name?"

Just then Twilight recognize Sun and questionably asks, "Have I seen you before?"

Sun nods her head with a smile and says, "You might not remember me, but I've met you at Crystal Prep at a few event at your school. When I first met you, I accidently bumped into you and I helped you carry some stuff to your science class."

"That's right. You're Sun, right? I haven't seen you since the Math-a-thon!" Twilight replies with glee.

"Yeah. You sure handle that problem better than I could," Sun remarks.

Twilight giggles and says, "I know. That was one of the hardest problems we ever did. I'm amazed that you were able to make it in the finals. Not many CHS Student could accomplish that."

"I know," Sun replies.

Then Sun asks, "So what are you doing?"

"I'm taking my dog Spike on a walk, but as you can see, he manage to get away from me," Twilight answers with a little laugh.

"Yeah. I was doing some grocery shopping, and my little cat Nina is sleeping in my bag," Sun answers.

Sun realizes this and get down on the ground, "And I completely forgot my groceries and my bags were on the ground."

Twilight gets down on the ground too and says, "Here let me help you. It's the least I can do."

"Are you sure?" Sun asks.

"Yes. After all it was my dog that made you knock over your groceries, but I'm sure he's just excited to see you again," Twilight says as she help Sun pick up her groceries.

Sun smiles and says, "Thanks."

After picking up the groceries, and a little walking in the area, Twilight and Sun are talking to each other in a cafe. They been talking for sometime now, and it's almost like they've been friends for a very long time. As they talk, they talk about their time and what they like to do.

Sun asks, "So Twilight, what do you do for your spare time?"

"I usually read books, especially Daring Do books. I make some devices, and other kinds of technology," Twilight answers.

Sun smiles and says, "I love reading Daring Do books too. I also like reading other books too. My friends and I are starting to form a band."

"Sounds interesting, wish I have some like you to talk at while I'm at school," Twilight answers with a sad like smile.

Sun notices the sad look Twilight is making and asks, "What do you mean? Don't you have any friends at your school."

"To be honest, not many of the students like me," Twilight answers with a sad expression.

"How come?" Sun asks.

Twilight sighs sadly and says, "It's because I'm the smartest student at school, all of the teachers seems to like me, but the students doesn't seem to like it. Plus I'm not like the students who always dream of winning or being the best. I care about doing the work and having fun with reading science, and other education activities. I don't have any friends at all, except for my brother, sister-in-law, and my dog Spike."

After hearing Twilight's story, she feels sorry for her. She knows the feeling of not knowing about making friends at first. However, in Twilight's case, she doesn't have any friend at her school, except her for her family members and her dog.

Sun simply smiles and says, "Well, looks like you have one more to add to your friends list.

Twilight looks at Sun with a questionable look on her face, and confused of what Sun is saying.

"Because for now on, I'll be your friend too. We can exchange phone numbers and emails addresses, and we can walk around the neighborhood with our pets Even though we go to different schools I would like to be in touch, sounds good," Sun explains with a smile.

Twilight shows a surprising smile on her face and says, "I… I would love thank. Thank you Sun."

"No problem," Sun replies.

Fro the rst of the afternoon, Sun and Twilight exchange their numbers and email addresses, and have talk to each other more about their everyday lives. Of course, Sun doesn't think this Twilight is ready to learn about her original origins yet, but maybe someday. Later in the evening, Sun is back home, sitting on the bed with her iriomote cat on her lap, as she is reading her book. She is glad to officially friends with the Twilight Sparkle from this world, even though she goes to different schools. She hopes she will be able to see her very soon, and possibly at CHS sometimes.

Author's Note:

Two girls from different schools become good friends. They'll meet again someday.