• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 891 Views, 20 Comments

Getting the Rainbooms Together - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Rainbow Dash comes up with an idea to form a band with Sun and the girls.

  • ...
3
 20
 891

Chapter 4: Fun Drumming

A few days later on a monday, Pinkie and Sun are helping Granny Smith making some delicious cookies for the school lunch. Of course after they are done, they need to help out with the decorating for the showcase, and to help Rainbow Dash. The two are in the cafeteria kitchen with Granny Smith listening for her direction.

"Just remember, the most important thing about sugar butter cocoa cookies is to fold your batter. Too much arm turnin'll make your cookies tougher than a lump of coal," Granny explains while demonstrating it with a bowl of cookie batter.

Pinkie and Sun grab their own bowl of cookie dough and start to mix them. They know that they have a lot of cooking mixing to do, so they need to do it without any delay.

Rainbow comes over and says, "Come on, Pinkie, Sun. You two are s'posed to help me find a drummer for my band."

Pinkie thinks about it and says, "I guess I could fold a little faster."

Pinkie grabs two bowls and puts them on the table. She then grabs two wooden spoon and start to mix them very fast. Sun is not very sure about the idea. In fact, she's worried about doing it fast as well.

Sun asks in concern, "Uh, Pinkie, are you sure that's a good idea!"

"Don't worry, I've done this before," Pinkie says with glee.

"Yeah," Rainbow says while rolling her eyes.

Then Rainbow Dash says,"Well, most people don't know how hard it is to find someone who could use both hands the way a drummer does."

"I'll bet!" Pinkie says as she mix the dough and the bowls.

As Pinkie mixes the bowl full of dough. She then throws them both in the air. However, their landing is kind of messy. Sun and Granny looks a bit stun to see what the dough bowls land on. It lands on Pinkie and Rainbow Dash's had. Rainbow grumbles in anger for Pinkie's idea of dough mixing.

Later in the morning, after helping Granny Smith with the cookies and the mess, Sun, Pinkie, and Rainbow are outside at the soccer field to make the banner for the showcase.

Rainbow Dash says, "Now, it's important that our banner look awesome! So feel free to use as much glitter as you want."

Pinkie smiles and grab a big container full of glitter. She is ready to use glitter for the banner to make it all sparkly.

"A drummer can't just be anybody," Rainbow Dash says.

"Oh, of course not," Pinkie answers with a smile.

She then starts to beat on the glitter. As she does it, glitter starts to come out in a lot of amounts. Sun continues to paint the banner with Rainbow Dash, and with musical notes and instruments on it.

Then Rainbow Dash says, "They need to have the right instincts, you know?"

"Totally!" Pinkie answers loudly.

Then Pinkie puts the container between her legs and continues to beat at the bottom, making more glitter coming out. Rainbow is distracted, but Sun is starting to notice a lot of glitter is surrounding the banner.

"Pinkie, I think that's too much…" But before Sun can continue Pinkie makes a last strong beat at the container.

The last bang cause a lot of glitter to come out. There are so much glitter that Sun and Rainbow Dash are now covered in it. They both coughed out some of the glitter. They both look to see Pinkie has her head on the top of the glitter bottle. Rainbow makes an angry face at Pinkie.

But Sun quietly says, "Glitter."

At lunchtime, Sun, Rainbow, and Pinkie are with the others. Rainbow is still feeling a bit stump about having a drummer for the band. Pinkie however, is busy being her fun self. She is busy playing with a spoon, and has an idea what to do with it.

"It's gotta be someone with a lot of...energy," Rainbow says sounding stress.

Pinkie cheerfully answers, "Absolutely!"

She then starts to use her spoon and fork to play on the table her cup, and everything else of the table.

Rainbow Dash is feeling distracted and says as she thinks, "I mean, a lot! Energy, enthusiasm…"

Pinkie banging and playing around is being noticed by everyone else. She almost causes the plates and cups to fall of Sun and the others don't catch them. Lucky for them, they are able to do so.

Applejack grabs the fork and spoon and she angrily says, "Pinkie!"

"Whaaaaaaat?!" Pinkie asks loudly.

But that doesn't stop her. She continues to play on everything and everyone on the table.

"They have to be able to carry the whole band on their shoulders!" Rainbow adds still thinking of idea for a drummer.

She then notices that Pinkie is banging the fork and spoon on her. She then finally has the last straw, and is getting very annoyed by it.

"Ugh! Pinkie!" Rainbow shouts with annoyance.

She look to see Pinkie is still banging on Applejack, Rarity, and their plates and cups, along with the table.

"We've got to find an outlet for all that energy!" Rainbow whines.

"I know. She's been banging, tapping, beating, and drumming like all day," Sun adds with a sigh.

Hearing Sun mentions drumming makes Rainbow Dash hit an idea or drum up an idea to put it. With that, Rainbow explains to them about their idea, and they all agree with it, especially Pinkie Pie.

In the music room, Pinkie plays the drum. She beats, drum, and tap on the drums, and cymbals. Sun and the others are amazed to see that Pinkie has everything Rainbow can ask for in a drummer. As Pinkie continues to play, she floats in the air as she glows pink and grows pony ears and long tail. The others become astonished by the event. Pinkie spins around as she plays the drums hard and loud. Then ends it with a band. After playing the drums, Pinkie breath as her tongue is out.

"Whatever made you think of Pinkie for the drums?" Rarity asks.

"I dunno. Guess I just have a sense for these things," Rainbow Dash answers with glee.

Pinkie plays the drum and hits the cymbals. The girls start to laugh after hearing the drum roll. They sure have a fun show that Pinkie does, but Sun is starting to think of something. This is the third one that she sees what her friends do with magic. She is starting to think that the magic within might might still be around. She thinks it will be a good idea to message Twilight after school today.

Author's Note:

Drum roll please! :twilightsmile: