• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 887 Views, 20 Comments

Getting the Rainbooms Together - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Rainbow Dash comes up with an idea to form a band with Sun and the girls.

  • ...
3
 20
 887

Chapter 8: Instrument of Elegance

On a school day, Rarity is trying to push a large, black, grand piano to school. She's trying to get it to the music room where her friends are. She's having a very hard time moving it, and the hard work is making her hair messy.

Rarity stops pushing the piano and says, "Come on, Rarity! You simply must get this piano to band practice!"

As she pushes the piano, she complains, "What kind of person doesn't put a piano on wheels?"

She tries her best to push the piano to the school, but it's no use. The piano is just too heavy to move to the music room on her own. It's making her even more tired from every push.

"Just look at me. I'm a mess." Rarity says as she dust herself.

Rarity knows she is unable to get the piano to the school on her own, so she thinks it will be a good idea to get some help. She looks around to see if there anyone who can help her with this troubling task.

"What I need is a bit more muscle." Rarity says as she look around and finds the perfect ones to help.

There are three boys digging up rocks on the school yard. They are knows as the Diamond boys, Rover, Fido, and Spot. Since they are strong, they are the perfect people for Rarity to asks.

Rarity calls out, "Oh, boys!"

The boys hear Rarity calling her, and look to see her. Rarity adjust her hair and her clothes so she will look amazing. Seeing her sparkling face, the boys can not resist her. In other words, they are swift away by Rarity's beauty and charm. Later on, The boys are carrying the piano to the room, with Rarity sitting on top of it.

"I simply cannot thank you enough. And while I am a bit repulsed by your musky smell, I can appreciate that you're all diamonds in the rough," Rarity says feeling relief of getting the help she needs.

Just then the boys stop to see the hallway is being blocked by a large group of students. They simply start pushing the grand piano through the crowd, but pushing everyone out of the way.

As they do that, Rarity politely says, "Excuse me! Pardon me! Excuse me! Thank you!"

In the music room, Sun and the rest of her friends are waiting for Rarity to show up. Sun and Fluttershy are busy playing with Nina the wild cat and Angel Bunny, while everyone else is adjusting their instruments, and Pinkie is banging on the drums.

Rainbow says in frustration, "Ugh! Where is Rarity?!"

"Yeah. It's not like her to be late," Sun replies.

"Where can she be?" Fluttershy asks.

"That gal probably just wants to make some sort of grand entrance," Applejack bluntly answers.

Sun rolls her eyes and says, "I doubt Rarity will be able to pull something like that off."

Just then the doors slam opens with Rarity on top the piano with the boys pushing it, and announces with glee, "Tada!"

"Told ya," Applejack bluntly says.

Sun facepalm her head and says, "I'm not even going to ask."

Rainbow comes over to Rarity as she is getting of the piano, "Rarity, couldn't you have chosen a more portable instrument?"

"Heavens, no! The grand piano is the most refined and elegant of instruments. With it, I will be able to express my full musicality." Rarity protests as she walks to her instrument of choice.

Before Rarity can play the piano, she is interrupted by a loud ringing noise. They all turn to see Pinkie holding a timer on her hand. They know what this means.

"Well, our time's up. I guess we'll have to move our practice to the gym." Rainbow says as she packs her guitar.

"Guess you're gonna express your "full musicality" clear across campus." Applejack remarks with a smug look at Rarity.

"Huh? Awww…" Rarity replies with a shock and feeling upset at this point.

Pinkie sits on the piano as she present a special instrument, "Or you could play this!"

"It's part guitar, part keyboard! It's a guitarkey!" Pinkie adds with a smile holding the keytar.

"You mean a keytar," Rainbow corrects the statement.

"Po-tay-to, to-mah-to," Pinkie remarks while shrugging her shoulders.

"Where did you get…" Sun says but stop in the middle of her sentence, remembering this is Pinkie Pie she is about to ask.

Then she narrows her eyes and says, "On second thought, I don't think I want to know."

Pinkie passes the keytar to Rarity, and Rarity starts to play. As she presses the key she is feeling astonished by the playing. She then starts to play it even more. Then she continues to play the key on the keytar, Rarity starts to glow, and then she grows white pony ears, and her hair gains a curly extended tail tied with a white headband with blue diamonds on it. The girls and the boys are amazed to see her play like that. Finishing the final verse she slides to her knees on the grand guitar. After she is done, everyone cheer and complements Rarity on her playing.

Then Applejack says, "Well, then, how about ya take that keytar and move your tail to our next rehearsal space?"

"Yeah. We better get going," Sun adds.

"Fine, fine." Rarity says with a smile and rolling her eyes.

She then turns to the Diamond boys and asks, "I don't suppose…"

With that, the boys are right on it. They start to carry the grand piano with Rarity in her pony form, and her new keytar. The girls have no clue on why she still want to have something like that for a grand entrance. As they leave, Rarity plays the keys on her keytar with a smile on her face happy to get an instrument that is elegant, but also portable.

Author's Note:

Same old Rarity.