• Published 18th Nov 2017
  • 484 Views, 3 Comments

Fun & Fantasy - Yosh-E-O



Discord taps into another dimension to 'improve' upon Guy's Night in Spiketopia

  • ...
 3
 484

Chapter 12 - Ultra Boss: Ashen Garble

BZZT-CHICK
BZZT-TICK!

“You did it!” the twin mice from before cheered after appearing from a pair of lightning bolts that struck the ground. “Congratulations!”

Spike watched as the moon and sun decorated rodents went about restoring the HP and MP of the party prior to holding hands in an open space away from everyone else.

“Ready?” the sun one asked.

“Ready!” the moon mouse replied.

Both mice started to spark and glow with electrical energy until another massive bolt of lightning came down beside them to reveal an ornate treasure chest.

“I open fortress door now!” the lunar mouse cheered as he glew with power and exploded in a shower of sparks towards the gate Ember had come in through.

PANG!
CRASH!

“Oh!” the sun mouse chirped. “Don’t forget you unlocked the super-ultra-mega boss! He’s on his way right now!”

BZZT
BOOM!

The rodent followed after his brother and disappeared into the fortress built into the cave.

“What do you suppose-” pondered Spike until the answer suddenly flew and landed before him.

FWOOM-FWIP
CRUNCH

“Puny pony lover,” droned the ashen Garble as he positioned himself directly in front of Spike. His claws, teeth, and talons were now radiating purple mist as fire truly seemed to be coming out of his eyes.

“Waah!” cried Spike as he found himself on his padded bottom.

“Spike…,” deadpanned Garble as he prepared to reach down and finish what he tried to start earlier.

SWACK!
CRACK-SLICE-CRACK!

“Huzzah!” cried Parker as he launched into a fierce offensive against Dark Garble. “Super boss means super bonus!”

Spike turned to see that the entire party had been returned to normal by the mice.

“Grah!” growled Garble upon taking sight of his samurai sword wielding opponent. Parker had the sword enchanted with water and ice and appeared ready to net himself a big fat experience bonus for taking down such a powerful enemy.

“Shouldn’t we have tried the whole ‘friendship thing’?” asked Leon as he moved alongside Spike and helped him to his feet.

“NO!” boomed Parker while dodging fierce swipes, kicks, and fire blasts from Garble. “This time we do it my way!”

“Well,” stated discord as he prepped his bow. “I’m sure not being left out on this fun.”

FWIP
WHOOSH
PANG!

The arrow Discord shot was enchanted with ice and started to freeze over Garble after it bounced off his back.

“OOwah,” stumbled the feral bully before igniting himself with blue flames. “Crush.”

May want to fire another one,” suggested Big Mac.

“That could be fun,” considered Discord. “My bow can let me launch three at a time and I’d love to see how Nixi’s, uh, ‘edits’ alter the effect.”

FWIP-FWI-FWIP
PAP-AP-BAP

“Oowah,” moaned Garble as his body started to nearly completely cover itself in ice from the marksmanship of Captain Wuzz.

“Alright!” cried Parker as he prepared his samurai sword to deliver the finishing blow. “Time to go all to pieces!”

“Careful!” called Leon. “Super bosses don’t-”

Parker was now in the air with his sword drawn behind his back in preparation to deliver a mighty downward slash.
“You worry too much!” he barked back.

“Grah,” fumed Garble as he broke free of his icy prison and swiped ferociously towards the incoming ebon dragon.

TEAR

“Oof!” gasped the once confident samurai as he was now on his belly with a fully-abled super boss looming above him.

“Destroy puny dragon,” deadpanned Garble as he went to pluck Parker from the ground. Fortunately, all he got was the tattered remains of the kimono that had protected the daring young dragon from taking a massive hit moments earlier.

“Leon!” cried Parker as he scurried back. “Help!”

Leon gulped as he realized the overpowered Garble was now towering over both himself and Spike.

GALLOP-GALLOP
THWA-PAM!

“Ooh-ooh-gwoo,” moaned Garble as he was sent rolling backwards by a mighty buck delivered by sir McBiggun.

“Did that do it?” wondered Spike.

FWRISH!

Garble’s wings expanded and even more purple energy started to radiate from him.

“Nope,” stated Big Mac as he went about lighting his horn. His magic could improve his physical attacks and defense but he didn’t believe he could buck this particular boss into submission.

“Wait!” cried Spike as he recalled now holding the Bloodstone Scepter. He then swished it outward as he commanded, “Be gone and never come back!”

Ashen Garble stumbled a bit as the fire left his eyes. However the purple energy around him continued to grow and his teeth, claws, and talons only grew longer and sharper.

“Hey!” proclaimed Leon while raising his staff up. “Perhaps we need to do this together?”

FWOOSH
SWAT

“Ow!” moaned Big Mac as he was slashed by Garble. The attack didn’t actually ‘hurt’ as much as it caused his HP to drop to near zero while knocking him flat and unable to quickly get to his feet.

“Nothing to lose,” stated Spike as he nodded towards Leon.

PSHOOO
VRRRR

The stone on the Bloodstone Scepter glew as Leon’s emerald on his staff shined a brilliant green.

“GO AWAY!” commanded Spike as he released the energy of the scepter.

“And stop being such a meanie!” added Leon while putting all the magic powerhe he could into sending out the power of the Emerald of Influence on his staff.

VRRSSHHH!

The ethereal power of both staffs mixed together to create a beam that slammed into Garble. This resulted in him groaning and moaning as the purple energy seemed to evaporate from his body as he started to return to normal.

PLOP-CRINKLE
CRINKLE-PLOP

Spike and Leon both fell on their padded bottoms after using up so much magic. Leon was also reminded quite quickly of how the training pants he was cursed with provided him little buffer from the rocky ground.

FWUMP

Garble fell over in a heep.
“What…,” he gasped. “What happened.”

“We’ve been saved by Garbunkle The Green and his friends,” stated Princess Ember as she moved ahead to aid the once cursed dragon up. “So you owe everyone here a big thank you.”

Garble scoffed but knew he couldn’t push his luck with the princess.
“Thanks…,” he said before unfurling his wings and heading back down into the crater.

“He’ll get with it one day,” groaned Ember as she reached out towards Spike to reclaim her scepter. “I don’t know what happened nor why you’re wearing a diaper but I must say you wearing one doesn’t help your overall standing with the dragons of Spiketopia.”

Spike burned red with embarrassment.
“Well…,” he pouted. “It’s a curse and I can’t get it off.”

“Hmm,” she thought while knowing for a fact she wasn’t going to touch such a thing. It was beneath her and her title.

WHOOSH!

“I command one of you to remove the diaper from Garbunkle this instant!” she boomed towards the other dragons while charging the power of the Bloodstone Scepter.

***

Discord and Big Mac couldn’t help but laugh as multiple dragons did an array of things to remove the enchanted diaper from Spike. However none were successful and each was given a bit of a scolding by Ember for their lack of success.

“I should make Garble do it,” she spat. “He’s the sort who’d fit right in a froo-froo diaper.”

“That’s okay,” whimpered Spike as he was still recovering from being flipped, spun,pulled, and tugged by the horde. He was pretty sure Garble wouldn’t be anywhere near as ‘gentle’ as the other dragons and he had a feeling he had lost some HP as a result of one, or two, thinking that tossing him down on the ground was the key to success.

“Didn’t the fairy say that the diaper couldn’t be removed until the end of our quest?” reminded Leon.

“What quest?” asked Ember. “You know what? Just forget it! I’ll get this job done!”

FSHOOO

With anger in her eyes, Ember charged the Bloodstone Scepter and proclaimed, “REMOVE YOURSELF THIS MOMENT!”

SNAP-PEEL
PEEL-SNAP

Spike gasped as the diaper untaped itself and gave him the first taste of fresh air in his midsection in quite awhile.

“That’s how it’sdone!” the Princess declared to the horde. “Now let’s leave Garbunkle and the rest of these guys to their business and find an actual source of gems for our dinner!”

The dragons watched as Princess Ember opened her wings and took to the skies. They all soon did the same and followed after their Dragon Lord. All except for Garble who was still somewhere down in the crater doing who knows what.

“Umm,” blushed Leon. “As you didn’t use that diaper could I have it?”

“Sure,” replied Spike. “I’ll even help you put it on.”

“Hey!” cried Parker. “That should be my diaper!”

“Oh, how cute,” cooed Discord. “Fighting over an infant’s undergarment.”

Parker drew his sword.
“It’s mine!” he threatened. “This fundoshi is annoyingly uncomfortable and you know that!”

POOF
PLOP

Discord appeared over Parker and used a finger to get him to sit down.
“Tsk-tsk,” he said playfully. “What would your mother think?”

“Yeah, Parker,” stated Leon. “That wasn’t very nice.”

POOF-SHOO

Discord dressed himself in a black business suit as he held a briefcase in one of his paws.
“As acting parent I say that Leon gets the diaper and, despite you being a meanie, you can have Leon’s training pants,” he dictated in an authoritative voice.

“But…,” moaned Parker.

“No buts, young man,” finger-wagged Discord. “It’s this, or nothing.”

“So unfair,” Parker pouted as the team went about ‘changing’ their equipment in preparation for what awaited them on the other side of the fortress gate.

Author's Note:

Anyone guess yet that Garble is a take on "Nemesis" from Resident Evil 3 and the mice are fun variants on "Plusle" and "Minun" of Pokémon?