• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 3,122 Views, 122 Comments

Sorry, But Your Princess is in Another Dimension - Mr AJ



Discord gets bored and seeks entertainment via bringing a human to Equestria for a little game.

  • ...
8
 122
 3,122

That's how we start the day 'round these parts

We exited the other end of the portal and stepped out into an old playground Judging by the the light it was in the early morning hours. After shaking off a wave of dizziness, I quickly realized where we were. Derpy took a short flight around the small park inspecting everything and Twilight started taking notes in a journal she pulled out of her saddle bag.

"This park looks like a blast, I call dibs on the swings!" Derpy shouted, trying unsuccessfully to sit on the seat because her wings got tangled in the chains.

"Derpy, focus." Twilight said, putting her journal away. "First, we need to figure out exactly where we are, Anthony do you know?" Both mares looked at me expectantly. "Uhh, Anthony?" I was still in awe. I was home. I had been gone barely a week but it seemed like forever. The only thing that seemed out of place was a new building. I wondered why I'd never noticed it before. A couple of prods from a certain mare's horn got my attention.

"Hm? What's up Twi?"

"Where. Are. We?"

"Oh. As odd as it sounds, this is my hometown. See that old building?" I asked with a hoof gesture to a building across the street. "That's my old school."

"You live here? Are we far from your home?" Derpy asked.

"Yeah, actually we kind of are. You see, I live on the other side of town. I've got a friend not to far from here though. We should be able to get a ride from him. Let's go!" I yelled and broke into a gallop. I laughed, man was Andy going to be surprised. Then the purple voice of reason spoke up.

"ANTHONY!"

"Yes?"

"You do realize that you're still a unicorn, right?" she asked. Oh yeah, that. I screeched to a halt and trotted in place, waiting on her to cast the spell.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry!" She fired off the spell and I felt my skin tingle and my joints pop. "Man, it feels good to be back to normal. You've got to show me that spell some time Twi. Now it's your turn." She and Depry just glared at me. "Oh, right. You probably want your dresses, huh? Gimmie a second." I said and started digging in my left pocket. "Lets see, clothes, clothes. Oh, here! One bag labeled T.S. and one D.H. Here you go! There's a public bathroom over there you can use to change." I moved over to a picnic table and sat and waited on the girls. I decided to check my phone. I pulled it out and fumbled with it for a second and got it turned on. I got the time but no date or service. I sighed and put it away as the girls walked back up. Twilight's dress was a simple yellow sundress with matching sandals. Derpy's on the other hand, wasn't a dress at all. It was just simple blue jeans and a grey t-shirt and flip-flops. The bags had converted easily enough to backpacks. I laughed. "Took you two long enough. Let's get going."

"Despite the obvious differences, this town kind of reminds me of Ponyville." Twilight noted as we walked through the middle of the small town. My hometown is the typical kind, you know, where everyone knows everyone else. There was a couple of gas stations, a library, a restaurant, a church and that was pretty much it. It was populated mostly by farmers and retired military, so it was usually pretty quiet. I noticed that the few people who were up were giving us odd stares.

"Why are they looking at us like that?" Derpy asked.

"No idea, Derps. Oh look, there's the preacher! Heya there preach!" I yelled at the man walking into the church across the street. The balding man turned and waved and then he turned as pale as the building he worked at. He dropped the books he was carrying and ran inside.

"What got into him?" I wondered out loud

"Maybe he had to you know, go". Derpy suggested, scratching her head. I crossed the street, picked his books up and put them on the hood of his car. As we continued on I pointed out the old cemetery, and my job. Twilight's stomach at that moment cut loose with a growl like a monster on steroids. She blushed. I spoke up.

"Well it's no good traveling on an empty stomach. Let's get going to Andy's and grab some food, and most importantly coffee!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pastor made it to his office sweating, trembling, and pale. He staggered past the secretary and flopped into his old leather desk chair. A few minutes later the secretary knocked on his door and came in with a bottle of water.

"I've never seen you so upset, what's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." She said as he took he water from her.

"I think I did see one just now." he mumbled, laying his head on the oaken desk. The secretary shook her head.

"When's the last time you took a vacation?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in Canterlot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discord was sill on the royal alicorn's bed reading aloud from her diary.

"And then I put baby oil on the toilet seat in Celestia's private bathroom. Her plot slid off and hit the floor so hard that the sun nearly fell from he heavens. Nopony was safe from her wrath that year." The draconequis let out a howl of laughter and fought to get himself under control.

"Oh my, that was rich! We really need to swap secrets some time Lulu." He said before shuddering and going still. "I feel a great disturbance in the chaos. I fear our friends are moving faster than I thought. Maybe I should send a surprise or two their way. Going to Earth, see you later." He said before disappearing in a puff of smoke. The nightstand rumbled softly.

"Peace at last."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were getting close. Andy's house wasn't far now! I was getting tired and all three of us were hungry. I was hoping he'd be in a mood to give us a ride to my place, seeing as how the sun was just peeking over the horizon. I yawned and nearly tripped over a rock. I stumbled up between Twilight and Derpy grumbling like an old man. I really wanted that cup of coffee.

"Oh be quiet. You know it's not that bad, it could be worse." Derpy said, trying to make conversation. Heh, she took that way too seriously. But, then again, she'd probably never gone through caffeine withdrawals before either. It was a weekly event for me.

"Oh, but Ms. Hooves, I have don't have any sugar or caffeine in my system at the moment. How in the ninth circle of hell can it get any worse?" I asked her in utter seriousness. Twilight just stopped and stared at me and Derpy looked like she was about to cry. BOOM! I looked to the north, where the low sound came from.

"That was completely uncalled for! Hey! Are you even listening-BOOM!-to me?" Twilight scolded. It was getting closer, but there was a hill in the way.

"Shush!" BOOM! Yep, getting closer.

"Wha? Don't you 'shush' me!-BOOM!-You apologize to her right now!-BOOM!- What is that noise?" She demanded, finally hearing it and turning her fury away from me. Personally, I felt sorry for what ever it was. That's when I heard the noise a actually series of noises and as rapidly as they were coming, it almost sounded like.....

"Footsteps!" Derpy shouted. Awwwww man...... Me and my big snaggle toothed mouth.

I saw something coming over the top of the hill, and it saw us and it let us know.

"Everypony Run! Dragon!" Twilight screamed and the beast reached the top of the hill. It stood there for a second, it's massive head twisting left and right searching it's surroundings before spotting us again. It bellowed again and gave chase, and smashed a small wooden fence in its path.

"Actually I think that's a tyranosaurus." I commented to nobody in particular.

"Still, we should run like it is a dragon!" Derpy said grabbing my arm and pushing me along.

"Quickly, into the woods! It's too big to follow!" I yelled over the noise. We ducked in and got behind an abandoned shed. We watched as it paced back and forth, apparently looking for a way in before stalking off, out of sight.

"Sa-sa-safe at la-last." I gasped, trying to catch my breath. Oh, how wrong I was.

"What was that!? You called it a tyrano-whatsit?" Twilight yelled, trying to sketch the creature in her journal. When I didn't say anything she looked up to see me glaring at her. "Ha, yeah. Maybe now's not the time for that." She said with a nervous laugh and put her book away.

"Well, I thought she was a tyrannosaur, but, it's actually too big. Way too big. It's probably a giganotosarus. Also, if the same holds true for it, like it does for the other one, given its size, it's probably female. What am I saying? It went extinct millions of years ago! This just reeks of Discord!" I sat down to think. "Now we just have to figure out what to do with it."

"What do you mean 'do with it'? Shouldn't we just sneak away while it's gone?" Derpy asked looking around. *sigh* I wish.

"That would be the smart thing to do, but, we can't." I told her, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Why not?" They both asked in unison

"You eat when you hungry, right? Well, it's hungry. It's hunting us. When she figures out she can't get us....." I trailed off. It took Twilight a second to put it together.

"It'll go after somepony else." She finally said.

"So now we need a plan to bring it down." I said. The dino bellowed again, as if daring us to try. And try we would.