• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 2,783 Views, 70 Comments

Total Burnout - Riften

  • ...
19
 70
 2,783

One Of A Kind

"First of my kind?" If she knew what I really was why wait to confront me? Why would she let me become acquainted with everyone? This dosnt make any sense, everyone here is different, im cool with the smart Rainbow Dash and all but I don't like this.

"Yes, your kind. To my knowledge you all died out century's ago. Are you not aware of what you are?" What? Were there humans here at some point? Thats crazy...

"Ummm no, I guess I don't?" I have to play dumb, I've read stories like this before, humans and this world mix really weird, and the last thing I need is to become a social pariah. "What exactly am I?"

"It's time for a little history lesson my little pony." Wait, why is she calling me that? "You see long ago there lived a large tribe. They lived secluded away from the rest of society on the edge of the Firebrand mountains, half of the mountain range was in the Equestrian territory and the other half in the griffon kingdom. Their largest city, Volcorona, layed at the base of a volcano. Now under normal circumstances it was their duty to watch over it, make sure it was never to erupt." Stop a volcano from erupting? That's crazy, modern society couldn't manage that feat, were equestrian humans magic? "But, as their society grew larger they began to neglect their duty and sure enough their city was wiped out. With the collapse of their government their society slowly began to disappear. So enough their was little left of them, groups roamed the land, small groups of bandits and such. It was about a hundred years ago I gave the order for the last of the bandit groups to be removed, and that was thought to be the last of them. But here you are....the spitting image of your kind." Spitting image? But I don't.....Oh thank god, she dosn't mean human.

"So uh, what exactly am I Princess?"

"You my little pony are the last of your kind, the heir to an ancient and powerful tribe. You are the sole survivor of Phoenix Wings. They were a civilization of pegasi who were imbued the element of fire. Even the youngest of your kind possessed an unnatural control of fire. The patterns on your wings are even more proof of this, not many ponies have more than one base color. Let alone an entire elemental spectrum of color." Heir of powerful tribe 'eh? That explains why I continue to catch on fire.

"Well that explains the fire..." She knows what I am pony wise but she dosn't know WHAT I am so might as well get some answers out of her.

"You mean you don't even know how to control it? You are unaware of how to use your gifts?" I wounder if she knows how they work? maybe I could get some lessons or something, she was alive when my kind was alive so maybe she has some insight on it.

"I've caught on fire more times than I can count, I had no idea I even had powers until now. You wouldn't happen to know anything about my powers would you? How to use them or something?"

"Sadly no, your people lived in seclusion. Not much is known about them to begin with, very few probably even knew your kind existed other than my sister and I. But there is somewhere you could go. That is if you are interested in learning more about your lost culture." Well that sounds fun. Head out on a journey, learn some stuff, stop combusting, dosn't sound too bad to me.

"I'd love to learn more about my people. So where's this place I'd be going? Some library or something?"

"Haha, If only it would that simple, no. You would be heading to the ancient ruins of Volcorona, Im sure there would be something there left standing that might help you. Here, I shall gift you with my knowledge of the place, here, brace your yourself, I will now assault your mind with subliminal messages..." Why does that sound famili-AAAAAAAAAAAAGH MY MIND! I can see it. ruins of a massive city, its like a pony version of Pompeii, ponies that look like me everywhere....forzen as ash statues. Buildings everywhere flooded with ash and hardened lava. It's a terrible sight... Bah whatever ima go snoop around there for stuff.

"Well that place has seen it's better days. Anyway, I guess I'll go get some supplies for the journey and then Im heading out. Um thank you Princess, for all your insight and such." Thankfully her mind blast or whatever it was came with directions.

"It was my pleasure, Im glad you've decided to follow the path of learning. Now would you like me to return you to where we took you from?" Ha, got some unfinished businesses there.

"Oh, yes please. And Princess, would you kindly tell your sister to not watch this time. Or at the very least be quiet if she does. Id like to finish my business in peace."

"Haha, oh my. I'll be sure to tell to her. Now hold still, im going to poof you out of here." Oh crap not this again.

FLPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

"Luna, sister dear. He's gone now. Come turn the screen back on, I want to watch this time."

*CRASH*

"I...Am tired....Of being dropped places..." I don't care if it is a cloud floor, it still hurts.

"So your back finally? What did the princesses talk to you about?" Waaaay to much stuff to talk about right now. Ah whatever she deserves to know.

"Alot, I guess im the last of an extinct race of pegasi called the-"

"Phoenix Wings? Yeah I kinda already knew that. Engineering wasn't my first pick in school, started out going for a history major." Somehow this dosn't surprise me.

"Have I mentioned how awesome you are? Because you are really really awesome."

"You could stand to mention it more, now come on, we can talk later. Right now theres something else im sure you'd rather be doing.

You got that right. Now get on the bed, im tired of waiting for this."








Authors Note: There, no more cliffhangers. For now. But no seriously they're done. Last part before school starts up, so you know, less parts and stuff. Riften Out.