• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 2,785 Views, 70 Comments

Total Burnout - Riften

  • ...
19
 70
 2,785

Door. Stop it. DOOR!

".......Urk.....Ugh, oh hey there Vinyl. Nice to know you didn't burn up." God i've never seen so many needles and wires attached to an individual before. That being me.

"Nice to see that you're ok to, you've been out for a while now, started to worry me for a little bit there."

"How long have I been out anyways?"

73 Years.

Shut up Sampson.

"Like a week, maybe a little more." Well thats not good. "Doctor said you've been recovering at a crazy pace. Like seriously, The whole time I was here your cuts and stuff would just disappear. Kinda creepy."

Should I tell her whats up? The whole spirit thing, that seems a little important.

Hey man, it's your call. If you want to go ahead.

"So hey, Vinyl. gotta talk to you about something. You know when I caught on fire saving you?"

"Yeah, that was kinda badass. How'd you do that anyway?"

"Getting to that. Anyway...While I was um...out , I met someone. He said alot off things to me and I learned something about myself. Vinyl do you know what a Spirit is?"

"What? You mean like a ghost? And what do you mean you met someone? I've been here the whole time, no one but me and the Doctor have even come in this room." She never even left the room? Damn. Thats.....cool...

"No, It's a little more complicated than ghosts. The way HE put it a spirit is pretty much a normal pony. But you know, not normal at all. Anyone made a spirit gets all kinds of crazy powers and stuff. So in my case Im a life spirit, this for whatever reason means I get all kinds control over fire, oh yeah and im also kinda unkillable. So thats cool, um any thoughts?"

"......That......Has to be........The single greatest thing i've ever heard.....So what does this mean? And who told you all of this? Like I said before I haven't left this room once, no one else has been in here without me knowing."

"That's where this gets a little weird. I seem to have a sentient voice in my head, until I learn how to control my powers he's left in charge of them. Oh yeah, and I named him Sampson."

"Can he hear me? Like right now?"

Tell her I said no.

"Yeah, he can hear you."

Dick

"Thats cool. So how would one go about learning about their powers? Doesn't seem like something you just go to a library and read up on. Right? Please tell me there's no books involved. I don't like books."

"No, no books. But you know that trip I invited you on? Yeah well the real reason Im going there isn't for vacation. I guess my form is the same as an old extinct race, So the Princess told me I should head there, she figures there might be something there that could help me learn, and I guess since we got nothing better to do why not head there?"

"....Do you remember what happened a week ago....?"

"Ummm, yeah? We blew up and fell out of the sky right?"

"Do you remember why we blew up?"

"Nooo? Am I supposed to be remembering something important?"

"Really? You don't remember us blowing up? You know in Rainbows house? The Changelings that were there, you know the two that you beat up? We smelt smoke, then all of the sudden there was an explosion. When we were falling those changelings grabbed Rainbow, flew off with her saying something about a changeling princess."

Sampson, what the hell is she talking about?

I dunno.

What do you mean you don't know? You're the spawn of all powerful Guardians, dont give me that I don't know crap. What is she talking about?

I dunno!

"Ummm, no I guess I don't remember. Who's Rainbow?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's still unconscious my Queen. we found her posing as one of the element bearers that resisted our invasion of Canterlot."

"Good. Good, you've done an outstanding job with the apprehension of the criminal commander. Seems that our special informant remains the only one capable of any useful information. Now with the capture of this one that should leave only one more possible new queen. And we wouldn't want that now would we commander?"

"No my queen."

"Good answer, now please go lock this one up before she wakes up and causes problems like the last one. I don't want another premature execution."

"Yes my queen."

.........

"Open up the cell! We got another escaped princess!"

"Another? How many of them got out? This is like what, the fourth one? You'd think the elite guards wouldn't of let one of them escape, let alone all five of them."

"You kidding? I've heard all of these princesses have powers almost on par with the queen herself, thats why she wants them all locked up in these magic proof cells. I heard the elites couldn't even hold a candle to them when they broke out, we got lucky getting this one here. Blew up a freakin' house on her. In fact she didn't even fight back, she had someone else there fighting for her."

"You blew up a house?"

"Cloud house, but thats beyond the point. When me and my partner heard where number four here was hiding out we disguised ourselves as royal guards, you know the pony kind. We showed up at their door demanding the immediate surrender of her and next thing we know we're getting our flanks handed to us by some big pegasus dude. Number four here's made some strong allies, let me tell yah this guy was somethin' else, looked like he was on fire. Literally. But then you know, we blew up the house."

"No kidding? Must have been pretty humiliating for two changling commanders to get wrecked by a single pony."

"Hehehe, shut up. Just open up the cell, I think she's coming to."

"Yeah yeah, toss her in."

~THUD~

"Oof! Urg, what the....? Where am I?"

"Prison. You are in prison. Get used to it, or not. We're just going to kill you in a few days anyway."

"What? Wait, is this a changling prison? WHY AM I IN A CHANGELING PRISON!........wait.......YOU BLEW UP MY HOUSE!"

"Hehe, yeah. Well thats what happens when you try to hide from us. Bet that pony you're still posing as is going to be pretty pissed when they come home to-oh wait, there won't be a home to go to hahahahaha."

"WHAT!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN POSING?! WHY DID YOU BLOW UP MY HOUSE AND KIDNAP ME!?"

"Don't play this game criminal scum. We all know what you are."

"Oh yeah? What am I them you house exploding bastard?"

"Um, didn't you say these were magic proof cells?"

"Yeah?"

"Isn't changing appearance magic?"

".....Yeah what are you going at?.....oh no......."

".....Yeah.....I think we got the wrong intel."

"So what do we do with her? I mean we cant let her go right? And theres no way im telling the Queen that I didn't a princess in."

"Im sorry but WHAT ARE YOU TWO TALKING ABOUT! LET ME OUT OF HERE BEFORE I DESTROY THIS WHOLE HIVE!"

"Now calm down...Um...There seems to have been a mix up."

"A MIX UP?! YOU BLEW UP MY HOME!"

"Yeah....It seems our informant was mistaken with your identity. You seem have been mistaken for a fugitive Changeling Princess."

"HOW?! How can you possibly have mistaken me for a changeling?"

"Well I guess our informant dosn't know what she was talking about."

"Informant? Who was your informant? Id like to personally deliver them a beating."

"Pale white mare, electric blue hair. She came to us saying she knew where four of the fugitives are. We got three of them....and you..."

"Pale White? Electric Blue? Oh somepony's going to get it....



Authors Note: Amnesia? Escaped changelings? Oh my. This is getting quite interesting if I say so myself. It's kinda fun to sit here knowing whats going to happen and have none of you know. Hehe. Oh well deal with it. RIFTEN OUUUUUUUUT!