• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 2,783 Views, 70 Comments

Total Burnout - Riften

  • ...
19
 70
 2,783

Those Darn Bug-Horses

"You did whaaaaat?" Oh boy.....

"Oh come on, I did kinda ruin her entire uh, business I guess. Not really sure what she had going on but im pretty sure I killed it. She's a social outcast Rainbow, It was the very least I could have done. I mean hell, your part of the Elements of Harmony, friendliness is somewhere in there."

"Don't even try and pull that on me! This is different, this was supposed to be a trip for us, inviting your Doctor friend along was bad enough as it is. But this, bringing along some random stranger? What were you thinking?" To be completely honest I wasn't thinking at all. " I can't believe you did this, there has to be something you're just not telling me. There's no way you can just be that dimwitted to make a decision like that."

"Listen, for the week you've known me you have thrown all of your trust into me. Letting a complete stranger live with you hehe, sleep with you, and now take you on a trip. Im asking you to just keep trusting me, It may not look like it but I know what im doing. I mean, if I thought Vinyl wound be trouble do you think I would have invited her?"

"Well.....You still should have asked me."

"I should have, and im sorry about not asking. Listen, I'll do whatever I can to make this up to you, anything and I mean anything you need, just ask." Bringing Vinyl better be worth all the stuff im going to have to do to make this up.

"Anything? Well in that case...Meet me upstairs in minute, I got a few activitysin mind." I take back what I said, for whatever reason this world seems to love me. Thank you new world, I love you too.

THE FOLLOWING MORNING

*Knock-Knock-Knock*

"Urg, what are they even knocking on? Freakin...cloud house.... *Knock-Knock-Knock* YEAH I HEAR YEAH! HOLD ON!" Gotta be Vinyl, wounder how she figured out how to get up here?

"Huh? What's that? Who are you yelling at? Uuuugh, what time is it?" 12:35 P.M. "Wow, I still feel thats too early. You wanna go get that?" I don't really have a choice in this do I?

"Yeah yeah, I got this." Well todays the day, Dash and I got all of our stuff ready and assuming that's Vinyl at the door all we have to do now is wait for the Doctor. How is he even late? *Knock-Knock-Knock* "Im right here! Vinyl is that....you. Um hey, can I help you.....big scary royal guards...."

"By order of the the Royal Sisters I here by place you under arrest, for crimes against Equestria and her ponies. Crimes include terrorizing the public, attacking citizens and plotting to overtake the royal throne."

"Wait what? Arrested? What the hell's going on here? I've never attacked anyone, or for that matter planned to overthrow anything, let alone the Princesses."

"YOU DID WHAT!?" Oh dear god no. "What did you do yesterday!?"

"I swear I have no idea what they're talking about, give me a second Dash, I'll figure this out."

"Do not resist arrest, comply with us and no one will get hurt."

"Listen buddy, you've got somethin' seriously wrong here. I've only been in this town for a week at best, I had an audience with Celestia herself a few days ago. Im not plotting anything!"

"Stand down now or we will use force. We'll give you to the count of five to comply. One" This, this is going to be a problem.

"Goddammit man just listen to me."

"Two."

"This is not a game you guards want to play."

"Three."

"Hey Dash, im thinking you should go upstairs for this, not gonna be somethin you wanna see."

"Four."

"Whats wrong meat heads? Can't count any higher?"

"Fiv-"

VWORP VWORP VWORP VWORP

"Oh Doctor you well timed son-of-a-bitch."

"Glad to see you too, mind tellin' me what's up with the guards?"

"Oh them? I guess Im part of some one man plot to overthrow the Princesses. Figures?"

"You there! Stand back, we are on royal orders to apprehend this criminal. Any interference and we might just consider you an accomplice."

"Oh come on now gentlecolts, does he really look like the kind of pony to attack a throne? Does he really look smart enough to pull such a feat off?"

"Hey, I could totally do all that! Not that im planning to or anything...Hey Doctor when was the last time you were in a brawl? Thinking im gonna need some back-up here."

"We've given this is your final warning. Stand down now or we will use excessive force." Excessive? Oh this is going to be fun.

"Yeah about that standing down thing, I dont think that's going to happen. Doc you get Tweedle Dumbass over here, I wanna fight the big one."

Not being one to wait, or for that matter hold back you deliver a strong upward hoof to neck of the bulky guard. The guard staggers back letting out a low grunt, but you notice something else. Around the area where your punch connected you notice his skin giving off a faint green glow...A strange eerily familiar glow. You sneak a peek over to see how the Doctor is doing, not surprising to you he seems to be handling himself well. Unfortunately your peek over gave the guard a moment to recover, before you can react he lands a sweeping kick around you legs. Thankfully having wings means your as capable in the air as you are on the ground, as you fall towards the cloud floor you allow yourself to fall through it disappearing into the sky just under the house. You fly downwards gaining speed for your next attack, you turn back facing the sky and smash upwards through the floor putting all of your force into the body of the bigger guard. The guard now laying on his side begins to emit the same green glow over all of his body, and slowly from his back hooves to his head his disguise dissolves off of him. In front of you now lays an apparent unconscious changling guard, bearing the distinctive markings and scales it is clear that he was just no ordinary drone, but someone sent to do some serious damage.

"What the hell...Doctor! You seein' this!?"

"Kinda busy here! *FWOOSH* "I take that back, seems you marefriend here wasn't just content to just sit on the sidelines."

"Was getting kinda boring watching you two fight not having a piece of the action. Nice knock out by the way, hope your going to fix the hole in my floor next."

"Yeah...Hole in the floor....But you know that theres like, changelings here right?"

"Yeaaaah, noticed that, what do you think they wanted?"

"Well don't try to talk to this thing, he's very unconscious. Why don't you try the one attempting to crawl away? You know the one you didn't knock out. Good job there Dash." Well this has turned out to be...A very different beginning to our trip. Well, time to go interrogate a bug horse.



Authors Notes: Brawls? That's a new one, whatever you all love it. This story will be having some serious twist, like M. Night Shamamama-whatever. But guess what, they won't be bad ones. K RIFTEN OUUUUUUUUUT.