• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 2,783 Views, 70 Comments

Total Burnout - Riften

  • ...
19
 70
 2,783

Heat of The Moment

"Come on you little bastard talk already, I got places to go. Make this easier on yourself and just say something I can understand." Been at this same crap for a good ten minutes now, neither of them talk just sit there and sequel, It's really getting annoying. "

"SQRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Shut the hell up! Rainbow I am sick of this, can I please just kick it in the face! Just once, please?" I wanna kick it, I wanna just kick this thing and be done with it.

"Uh, guys? Can you two not hear tha-"

"Don't kick it's face, just shut up and wait. While you've been yelling at those things I asked your Doctor friend if he could go alert the royal guards, real ones this time. All we have to do is wait now, once the guards get here they will take them away and we can finally get out of here."

"SQREEEEEEEEEE!"

"OH MY GOD SHUT THE HELL UP!"

"Is there something wrong with you two? I can hear them fi-"

"Burns stop yelling at the changelings! Just wait, these things can't talk, just let the Royal Guards take care of 'em."

"GUYS! I can understand them fine, whats wrong with you two?"

"Jesus, Vinyl when did you get here? You scared the hell out of me."

"I've been here for like five minutes, how did none of you see me come in?" Im going to go ahead and guess we were a little caught up in the changeling interrogation.

"What do you mean you can hear them? Like you can understand? Please if you can tell me what the hell SQREEEEEEEE means."

"Tell you? Why don't you just listen for yourself." What the hell are you...oh god no unicorn magic. "Bam, you got Vinyl Scratch hearing now baby. See for yourself what this freaks saying, sure creeping me the hell out."

"The princess cannot hide! She will perish! Long live the queen!"

"Princess? Oh god, you guys can't really be serious, you fools got rocked last time you tried to attack, what makes you think you could do it this time, huh?"

"The identity of the new changeling princess has been determined! She will not leave the place alive! The queen commands it!"

"What the hell...? Do you all smell smoke? Oh shit! Rainbow theres smoke coming from your room!"

"What are you talking about? What could possibly be on fire? Where in a cloud hou-"

EXPLOOOOOOOOOSHIOOOOON

A massive explosion enveloped the room in fire, a sudden gust of heat and force blew down through the stairs and into the hall. The fragile cloud walls gave way and evaporated into nothingness as the intense heat ripped and destroyed everything in its path. Vinyl, Dash, and Burns we're treated no different then the rest of the house. The shock wave hit first knocking all of them backwards into the air and through entrance of the house. Fire consumed around them as they began their free fall. Briefly the fire enveloped them, consuming their beings for a brief moment before returning to open sky. Consciousness fades away for all three of them, their limp bodies falling to the earth. When suddenly out of the fire come the previously imprisoned Changelings, both of them swoop down and grab the unconscious Rainbow Dash, leaving the others stuck in mortal free fall.

"Ugh, wha...whats happening? Im-Im falling....Im falling. OH SHIT! Rainbow where are you! VINYL!" I can't feel my wings, they must have taken the worst of the explosion, I don't seem to have any other burns anywhere. "VINYL WAKE UP! COME ON YOU NEED TO GET UP, I CAN'T FLY WE NEED YOUR MAGIC! PLEASE WAKE UP!" Im not going to die like this, not now. Wings come on! Work you stupid broken little bastards! "Aaaargh!"

"Life"

What?

"Life"

Where the hell is that voice coming from?

"Do not fear death, you will live"

This voice is in my head....Who are you?

"I am not important, right now you need to live. Now do it live."

The voice fades away, that word echos through his mind. Live. A warmth grows in his chest, a heat overwhelming his being. A literal heat. Fire.

Damnit! Not now! This is not the time!

The fire retreated backwards to his wings lining itself along every plume and covering them in a coat of fire. But the flames didn't burn the frail feathers, instead a cooling feeling rode over the wings. The wings began to move, but they were under no ones control. Panic set in first with the sudden almost instantaneous rejuvenation of his wings. The fire slowly eroded away but their effect persisted, shaking off the surprise he regains control and starts flapping downward as had as his wings will allow him.

"Im not gonna let you die Vinyl! Im coming for you!"

"Uhhhhggggg." Oh hell she's waking up! "Wha- OH WHAT THE SHIT! What the hell's going on! Why are we falling!"

"You're falling, im chasing after you! Big difference! Uh Vinyl, I want you to close your eyes!"

"What! Why?!"

"The ground!"

Thud

"Hehe.....gotcha ya...."

Once again Burns finds himself in another pit, but now cradled in his hooves lies a very much alive Vinyl. The terrified, mare stands up and looks down at the figure in front of her. The body is mangled, feathers and skin charred, wings bent and broken. Small amounts of blood trickle from the corner of his mouth. She stares silent at the body mouth agape, words fail to come out instead whimpers and exasperated panting. With trembling hooves she reaches down and places a hoof over his heart. A beat. A slow methodical beat. Panic is replaced with joy, she reaches down and latches on to his chest in an hug.

"I can't believe it! You magnificent bastard you! Your alive! But your still hurt, we need to get you to a hospital quick. Now come on, ugh you're heavy. You know, since you can't hear me right now. Thank you, that was the bravest thing I've ever seen. You saved my life, I guess I owe you one."

"Hehe....*Cough* You know it....."

"Figures."




Authors Note: Sorry people, been busy with Borderlands 2. I going to go ahead and assume you all understand and forgive me. So you know...Thats all. RIFTEN OUUUUT!