• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 2,783 Views, 70 Comments

Total Burnout - Riften

  • ...
19
 70
 2,783

Death

"Oh my gooooood, are we there yet? Im so tired of looking for this stupid library. Can we please hurry up and find this stupid place?

"Tired?! I've been carrying you for the past fifteen minutes, I can't hurry even if I wanted to, YOU are slowing down this operation. But you have a point, we should of ran into this stupid place by now. What's the deal Sampson? Where the hell are we?"

Your here. Look up yah fool.

"Um, I guess we're here, something's supposed to be...up....above us....Holy crap....."

"Thats...crazy."

"A floating library? Meh, I've seen better."

"That's awful convenient that the one building we need happens to be floating in the sky."

"Um Vinyl, It's not the only one, look, they're everywhere up there...an entire city in the sky and on the ground, It looks completely untouched up there. Doc, I'll fly up there with Vinyl, why don't you head back to the TARDIS and meet us up there?"

"No problem, see you in a moment."

"Dude, I can't believe a whole freakin city survived up there. Its like an old abandoned Cloudsdale."

"Yeah, Cloudsdale....Vinyl we need to talk. What do you know about my memory loss? And I want everything, whatever you know I want you to tell me."

"Oh um. I can't really tell you that much-"

"Vinyl, you need to tell me everything. Me and the Doctor have been talking and we don't think this is any natural memory loss, we think someone did this to me, and well you seem to know something that you're refusing to tell me."

"I...I don't know anything....I mean who would want you to forget about Rainbow Dash?"

"That's my point, Who would want me to forget her, why is she so important? You just keep telling me she isn't that important, apparently someone dosn't think so, apparently she's important enough to be wiped clean from my memory. Who was she Clair? You need to tell me now!"

"Why is she so important to you! You've been here for a month and she's the only thing you care about! Even now you don't know anything about her and still it's all you want to know! Why should I tell you anything!"

Anger was clear in her eyes, somehow her dark red eyes grew even more red with her growing frustration. But even more ominously a dark staticy mass flickered on the base of her horn. The air around grew noticeably heavier almost as if gravity had suddenly grew more intense, light ever so faintly faded away near her. The weeds growing in the cracks in the road limped and drooped to the ground. "WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE SO IMPORTANT! WHAT MAKES HER SO SPECIAL!?" The growing darkness intensified and the weeds lose their color and collapsed completely. The black static enveloped her horn with sharp green bolts of magic jumping off and fading into nothing. "WE ARE TWO OF A KIND IN THIS WORLD, I WILL NOT BE LEFT IGNORED!"

"You need to calm the hell down, somethings happening to you!"

"I HAVE SPENT MY ENTIRE TIME HERE HIDING, NOW THAT YOU'RE HERE I WON'T HAVE TO HIDE ANYMORE!"

"Damnit Clair, what the hell are you talking about?! Get a hold of yourself! Something's taking control of you, this isn't you!"

"ISN'T ME?! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ME!? WHEN HAVE YOU EVER CARED ABOUT ANYONE ELSE!?"

"Why do you think I asked for you to come with me on this trip? I figured it would be a good time to learn about who you are, who you were when you were human. You're the only other one like me, the only one I can have the chance to relate to on a real level here."

"WHY BRING THE OTHERS?! WHATS WRONG WITH JUST ME? WHY CAN'T I BE ANYTHING IMPORTANT TO YOU?!"

"Because....You honestly weren't the most important thing in the world to me at that time. Until now I've never even considered your situation, I never asked how long you've been here, or how you have been this entire time. I've just been so focused on figuring out my situation Ive neglected everyone else who's helped me get here. I-Im sorry Clair, I didn't mean to make you feel so alone."

"I have been hiding for as long as ive been here, and then you came to me offering freedom, but freedom....Is....so restricting....Tell me Burnout, Spirit of life, Do you know what I am?"

"Don't you make me say it! Don't you dare make me say it! I don't want you to become my enemy Clair, you need to calm your shit right now!"

Damnit Sampson! You said we should be able to sense other spirits! Why the hell didn't you tell me she was a spirit!"

Im just now being alerted of it! She must of been hiding it from me somehow! But somethings not right here, she's not using spirit enhanced magic right now, you need to keep your wits about you, she's not even tapping into her real powers! You need to stay out of that dark aura she's emitting, it's sucking the life out of everything it touches!"

"I haven't lied to you about most of who I am, I was human, my name is Clair. But unlike you I wasn't lucky enough to have spawned into a normal body. What you see now isn't what I came here in, you see I had the unfortunate luck of being forced into the body of a Changling Princess, not just any either, one of four seen to be traitors to the hive. I didn't have time to make to figure out what the hell was happening to me! I didn't get a chance to figure out where I was or even what I was! All I had was this damn voice in my head telling me to escape, telling me every move to make. So I listened to it, I fought my way out of that hive with magic that shouldn't exist. My magic kills everything it touches Burnout! Do you know how many bodies I left on my way out through that DAMN HIVE?! DO YOU?!"

"I can't even begin to understand what you had to do, but you need to listen to me. I am the spirit of life and you...you're death...this dosn't mean we have to be enemies, I mean hell, ten minutes ago you were riding on my back resting like the friend I knew. I don't care if you're supposed to be an incarnation of death. All Im asking...All im asking is for you to tell me what I don't remember, and if you're responsible for it please, undo what you have done. I promise you I won't be mad at you. Whatever demons you need to face I will help you through them."

"It's not that simple...You've let her out....The voice in my head, ever since I stopped listening to it....She's been trying to take control....You...When you got me angry...You knocked whatever was holding her back loose,I-I can't control myself for much longer. You need to leave. YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW!"

"Shit. Im-Im not leaving without what I came here for. I only know this from experience but, spirits are pretty harmless when they're out cold. Vinyl, im not hitting you, just that bitch inside of you."

Sampson, how long do you think I can last in that aura of hers?

Just so you know im against this plan, but you got a good minute before it should overwhelm you. And not to make things worse but I don't think I can recover us from that stuff.

Well shit...Oh well, can't say this is my worst plan ever. Hey Sampson, you ready for a good ol' boss fight?

You know im a sucker for epic battles. Just remember kid, you got one minute at a time in that dark stuff. Don't screw us both over and forget to count.

"Nonononono, Burnout you need to leave here now! She will kill you! It's all she wants! AGH! Damnit! Fine stay! Just make sure I don't go on a genocidal rampage ok?!"

"Hehe, gotcha, After Im finished whoopin' that bitch's ass and you're all better I want those memories back. You got that!"

"No problem...One last thing...Don't hold back....This-This bitch is tough...You're going to need everything you've got. So what are you waiting for....First shot's all yours pal..."






Authors Note: Hehehehe The epic battle will commence next week, until then your going to left wondering what could possibly happen next. Hehe :3