• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 1,454 Views, 13 Comments

Harmony - All Art Is Quite Useless



The Bearers gave up their physical Elements, but that doesn't mean that they didn't remain in their hearts.

  • ...
6
 13
 1,454

Laughter

It was halfway to Sugarcube Corner that they found Pinkie, laying in the corner of the road. Rainbow Dash approached her, looking over her body to pull away in shock. Two of her legs were mangled and broken, and her face was cut and bruised on one side. Still she was conscious, and she lay there with a wheezing giggle."Heheh, think that was a bad idea..."

"Pinkie Pie! What the hell did you do?!" Rainbow was distraught. Between all the things she had seen today, Pinkie laid there half dead was almost enough to send her tumbling over the edge. "What happened?"

"I... Thought it would be funny to try and fire myself from my party cannon..." Pinkie tried to shrug her withers as she laid there, but one was so bent that it produced a loud crack, her left foreleg twisting further. "I guess it was kinda funny."

"Get her on the cart," Rainbow shouted, looking back to her friends, "Now!"

"The cart's barely big enough for two ponies," Applejack blurted, before blinking rapidly. "N-no, doesn't matter, you're right, Rainbow."

"I know I'm right!" Rainbow growled, "Do it!"

"Is there any point?" Fluttershy asked, sitting next to Pinkie and slowly rubbing at her mane. "Hey there, Pinkie, do you like that?"

"O-oh, hey, Fluttershy," she squeaked through her cracked ribs. "Y-yeah, that's pretty nice."

Fluttershy's hooves began to move towards her neck. Rainbow careened over and kicked Fluttershy straight in the face, the momentum of the kick knocked her flying. "Don't fucking touch her!" Rainbow screamed, "I saw what you were doing! You were gonna try and put her out of her misery!"

"Rainbow!" Fluttershy countered, rubbing at her bruised cheek, "I would never do that!"

"I... I think she's telling the truth," Applejack weighed in. "Or, at least she is now. When you kicked her I think you knocked it out of her."

"Well I'm not letting her go anywhere near her! You hear that, Fluttershy?! I've got my eyes on you!"

"I'm sorry, Rainbow... I don't want to hurt anypony, I only want to help, I promise," Fluttershy's entire body had gone tense, she looked as if she might snap from the pressure she was putting on herself not to quake on her hooves.

"You're letting it take over again," Rarity called out from the cart. "Stop bickering and help poor Pinkie. No one here really wants to hurt anyone, remember that."

Rainbow gave Fluttershy an awkward nod, allowing her to help her get Pinkie onto the cart, where she just about fit pressing against Rarity. The ensuing journey caused them to bump into each other, and there were moans of pain from the pair of them, interspersed with strangled laughter from Pinkie Pie as the cart bumped.

Now they just had to find Twilight and somehow put a stop to this evil. They were almost there, and the castle was in sight. They each looked at it with a mixture of fear and relief, glad that the nightmare would soon be over.

And I looked straight back at them.