• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 1,453 Views, 13 Comments

Harmony - All Art Is Quite Useless



The Bearers gave up their physical Elements, but that doesn't mean that they didn't remain in their hearts.

  • ...
6
 13
 1,453

Loyalty

You forgot her birthday. It didn't matter though. Fleetfoot didn't do anything for Rainbow Dash's birthday, so why would she care?

Rainbow Dash sat in her kitchen, swirling a bowl of cereal with her spoon. She couldn't remember how long it had been since she poured in the milk, but the flakes of bran inside were beginning to coalesce into a soggy puddle, only for her to smash and break them apart with the spoon once more. You need to fix it. Go and show her how important she is to you.

"She isn't important to me," Rainbow Dash said aloud, grinding her spoon into the bowl once more. "What's important to me is getting ready and going to work."

She was sure she was meant to leave hours ago now. She tapped a free hoof against the table, a listless expression on her face. Suddenly, a thought, and her wings instinctively buzzed in excitement. Cloud writing. You can wish her a happy brithday in the clouds, she'll love that.

"I don't want to! Fleetfoot is a bitch!" Rainbow Dash snapped, smashing the spoon against the bowl as the yellow, soured milk splashed out onto the table.

She went back to tapping her hoof, the spilt milk slodging against it and matting her already filthy fur. Her tapping became more and more intense as she tried to remind herself just what she was meant to be doing, why she hadn't gone outside just yet.

Rainbow Dash rose from her seat, her wet hoof splashing against the floor as she walked past Tank's dehydrated corpse and out into her foyer. Opening the door, she took flight, inadvertently shedding a few loose feathers as she frantically flew to Rarity's house.

Good thought, Rainbow. Rarity can probably fashion a nice dress for her short notice.

Rainbow felt a smile begin to envelop her features as she flew. She was doing what she was meant to do. She was being loyal to her colleague.